IMG_6277_(resized).JPG
IMG_6278_(resized).JPG
IMG_6279_(resized).JPG
IMG_6280_(resized).JPG
IMG_6281_(resized).JPG
IMG_6282_(resized).JPG
IMG_6283_(resized).JPG
IMG_6284_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jonosborne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3469 5 years ago

Pinball Unknown sells virtual pinball machines locally. Of course they are not the same as real pinball but we go to great lengths to reproduce every mechanical feature from a real pinball machine, including accurate mechanical feedback that represents coils for bumpers/slings/flippers, a real plunger with full nudge capabilities, a DMD display, a 4K playfield display, a shaker motor, a replay knocker, rgb underglow, rgb flashers, strobes, beacons, a fan and a gear motor. We can even do surround sound feedback, which takes the experience to a whole new level of depth and realism. Virtual pinball has come a long way in the past few years and we are pioneering the best-valued virtual machines in the nation, if not the world. Even if you don’t buy one come check it out sometime! Www.facebook.com/pinballunknown

1 year later
#4801 3 years ago

Does anyone have a Gottlieb 1976 Royal Flush with a good playfield for sale? Can be a project or working. Thanks!

#4847 3 years ago

Hey guys! I just want to chime in and say that I genuinely was not interested in selling my Fish Tales that I completely ripped apart, re-rubbered, extensively cleaned and installed full Comet LEDs in to Mike [removed] (aka WakkyBrakke) for $3840. So in return he left me negative Pinside feedback and has been posting retaliatory Craigslist posts about me and also about Bill in Dacono, claiming that I don’t even wipe games down and flip them. I don’t even work with Bill. We each do our own thing. I appreciate those of you who have stood up to Mike and have challenged his questionable behavior regarding this matter. I recognize a few of you like Pinstein (John, you rock) and jalpert (Love you Mike). I prefer not to deal locally because of the drama that is involved with it, however I’m certain that I have missed out on some great friendships because of it. I’m always leery when a local person contacts me because of this mentality of wanting to pay players condition pricing on a fully refurbished machine. I certainly understand that everybody wants a great deal. But I want this game to go to someone who will truly appreciate it and I felt that Mike [removed] was not the right person for this machine. Here is the video of my Fish Tales. It’s a beautiful machine and I’m sure that once you watch it you will understand why I didn’t want to let it go for that price.

#4851 3 years ago

Yeah it’s pretty lame but what can I even do? It’s not like it really even matters in the grand scheme of things. I would say more than anything he made himself look bad for being so petty. It is what it is. I work hard on all my games and there are lots of people who project their own insecurities for some reason or another, claiming I don’t clean them or do anything with them other than flip them for profit. There are very few games I get that don’t get torn down and redone because that’s just what needs to happen with the majority of these machines due to lack of maintenance over the years. All in all I wish these people the best but I wish we could all just get back to what we are here for in the first place: pinball.

Quoted from Pinstein:

I looked at your profile and saw that feedback. Geez, how shitty to leave someone negative feedback when you didn't even have a transaction. That should not be allowed. Whoever is posting negative ads about you on CL is a real jerk. Who does such weird and immature stuff?

#4854 3 years ago

I appreciate someone else seeing it from that perspective. It is too nice of a game to let go for that price. If it was a close friend or a person I had done several deals with I would work with them and give them a fantastic deal, but after seeing the comments from other people who have had very similar issues with this individual and his retaliatory approach via Pinside and other marketplace avenues towards me I can clearly see that I made the right decision not selling to him. The only person who missed out is the guy who lost a stellar Fish Tales for a really great deal. I have no doubt this game will go to someone who truly appreciates it and that is the purpose of me putting in all this hard work on the game. I’m half tempted to keep it because it’s really nice.

Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

My own conclusion is that he did not go "bat shit crazy" on you. He declined your offer which there's nothing wrong with doing so. Leaving negative feedback on a transaction that never happened is a dick move and you should delete it and move on with your life.

#4859 3 years ago

Manadams, it was an equally bad experience for me. You started arguing about how to move a pin and you were scratching the floor in my home. When I told you about it you started giving me attitude and talking condescendingly about the situation the entire time we were loading the pin. It got so ridiculous that I told you if you didn’t stop I was going to go back inside and let you handle the rest. Then I asked you not to contact me again once the game was loaded. This is another reason I don’t deal with local people. STI knows how to move games in and out of locations without damaging the floors. I realize everyone has their method for moving pins but you have to be respectful of peoples’ homes when your method is damaging their floors and have sense enough to be flexible to ensure that nothing gets damaged further. Instead you insisted that the scratch was already there and that you hadn’t caused it. You can make this all about me being the one who gave you the bad experience but those feelings are mutual. I have asked lots of people not to contact me again and I have thousands of people blocked for this kind of pettiness. I do not get involved in drama and when things don’t go well I have no desire to repeat those bad experiences with you or with anyone else. I really don’t want to go down an endless road of explaining myself to you when you and I both know what happened. It happened long ago and we both mutually agree that we never want to do business again with each other. So let’s just leave it at that.

Quoted from manadams:

So are you going to respond to the other member comments that had poor dealings with you or make this all about Wacky? Bought a game from you and it was the only bad experience in the 5 years of collecting so far. Looks like you're on good terms with some but slowly the skeletons are coming out of the closet.

#4861 3 years ago

He offered $4000 with a new set of plastics ($4000-160= $3840). I had no clue at the time who it really was that posted it but it all happened at the same time. As far as Mad Rabbit Distillery goes I bought the games from that guy over 3 weeks ago and they needed a lot of work. He was nice when I purchased the games. Then suddenly last night he is posting all over marketplace that I scammed him, calling Bill in Dacono saying that I scammed him and then targeting Bill and me in marketplace ads. The games had all been sold already and they were forgotten and suddenly this starts happening. As mentioned I don’t work with Bill and I purchased those games myself. I have no idea how purchasing games that I put a lot of work into and then resold is scamming anyone. Isn’t that what we have all done with games? But regardless I do not want to go down an endless path of justifying my actions with a lot of local people who have it in their mind that I am a scammer, a flipper, a mean person, etc. You guys can think whatever you’d like but this pettiness is exactly why I do not sell locally in most cases. If I had just kept FT on Pinside none of this childishness would’ve even occurred. So from now on I would prefer not to sell any of my games locally unless I absolutely have to. I get new titles in weekly and it’s really sad that most of them have to leave the state in order to avoid this kind of ridiculous drama. Seriously guys it’s not worth any of the headache.

Quoted from Boondocker:

Seems to me like you didn't know what he was offering. Wacky offered $4k, you replied with a bunch of comments about not want to sell to locals and countered with $4,200 but with all you other comments it looks like you were trying to convince him otherwise.
Also, your reply above makes no sense, and per you own "In defense of me" ad you posted and deleted on Craigslist today, you claimed the seller was the guy you got the Popeye and Flintstones from Mad Rabbit Distillery, And on here you posted it was Wacky. You even posted a bunch of pictures of your awesome shop job of Flintstone's and offering of your shopping services.
Who ever is making these craigslist's ads is obviously on here, maybe they will chime in.

#4882 3 years ago

I just wanted to say one thing and this will be my last response. I support local businesses all the time. I go to Game Exchange a few times a week to buy parts to fix these games (I have to go there again today for parts on a Dolly Parton). I spent over $1000 on LEDs at Comet last month alone. I support NVRAM with purchases for voltage regulators, MPUs and other accessories as needed. I do board work all the time. I strictly don’t care if you guys think I don’t even wipe these games down because none of that is true. It is sad that I have to ship most games out of the state in order to avoid drama and issues like this. I have shipped games all over the world and have hundreds of happy repeat customers. You would all be shocked to know how many games leave this state because of this enduring pettiness. You wonder why the market is so dry? This is the exact reason. Local people don’t understand that when a game is moved things can happen that need to be addressed when the game is set up such as loose connectors, a bulb no longer making connection, a wire coming lose under the playfield, etc. I have seen other reputable local people make a sale and get blamed for these exact types of issues with claims of being scammed. The fact of the matter is that if anyone who purchased a game from me had an issue with it when they moved it all they had to do was contact me and I would help them make it right. Many people have had issues in transport and any problem that arises has always been addressed. I have never scammed anyone and those of you who have met me in person know how passionate I am about pinball, virtual pinball and refurbishing games. I’ve worked on a ton of games and take pride in making them look and play their very best. I truly wish I could share more of these games with you guys on a local level but I just don’t foresee that happening any time soon with all this negativity and disrespect for each other. My White Water from last week stayed local and went to a standup guy. I do sell locally to the right people, but sadly I am finding that these people are few and far between. Now please can we all just forget about this hostility that is brimming within us that is causing us to spew hatred from one to another? I’ve said things and done things in the past that were not the best approach. I am human and I am not perfect. I apologize if I have offended any of you with my approach in the past. But it’s time to move past all of this and just let it go. 2020 has sucked enough already for all of us. If anybody wants to contact me privately about anything please feel free to do so, but I ask that we respect the OPs wishes of letting this die out and taking it off the FS thread. All of you are welcome any time to see what I do, how I work and who I am/am not. Give me a call/text at 3038020307. Send me a PM on here. Thank you all for your time and have a great day! As a reminder this will be my last reply regarding any of this. I’m going to leave you with a quote I saw recently that we could all learn a thing or two from: “If it isn’t broken, it isn’t pinball.”

Quoted from Onwallst:

Great one! You obviously know nothing about me. I support JJ and game exchange as he is important to new games in Colorado. I do support all the pinball business and bars that we can play them at. They are truly pinball and bring joy to all pinsiders. These big time flippers come and go. Flipping a few games here and there is part of the hobby. Doing any business you can have fall out as Jon is now seeing.
I am in on renting Lyons out. Great idea.

#4884 3 years ago

I saw one recently for sale in Bedford PA.

Quoted from brobra:

A friend up in Minneapolis is looking for a Kiss LE.
Saw one at Lyons arcade last time I was in town.
Anyone know if that game ended up someplace where the owner would consider selling?
I suppose PM me. Thank you.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jonosborne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colorado-whats-fsft?tu=Jonosborne and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.