5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,179 posts
  • 269 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by bemmett
  • Topic is favorited by 178 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 161 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

twd-bg.IMG_20160507_112724_(resized).jpg
twd-pf.IMG_20160507_112528_(resized).jpg
twd-cab.IMG_20160507_112903_(resized).jpg
IMG_6271_(resized).JPG
IMG_6273_(resized).JPG
IMG_6274_(resized).JPG
IMG_6275_(resized).JPG
IMG_6276_(resized).JPG
IMG_6277_(resized).JPG
IMG_6278_(resized).JPG
IMG_6279_(resized).JPG
IMG_6280_(resized).JPG
IMG_6281_(resized).JPG
IMG_6282_(resized).JPG
IMG_6283_(resized).JPG
IMG_6284_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 5280wzrd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#484 4 years ago
Quoted from dankme:

Gilbert, Wolfman, buys games from operators and sells them to people mostly in the Denver area. He has been around for years supplying games to collectors and flippers in the Denver area.

Is he located in Lakewood? Out of his house? I may have picked up my Centaur from him about 20 years ago.

#511 4 years ago

Everyone see the Stern Trident $250.00 not working. Just up the street from me. Only 4,019 made.

denver.craigslist.org link

3 months later
#791 4 years ago

Did some one get the Bally Freedom on CL?

2 months later
#935 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Anyone have recommendations for a local powder coater (just legs, lockdown bar and rails so nothing too fancy)?

Try roadrunner fabrications.

2 months later
#1069 4 years ago

Did someone here pick up that $100 wedge head in Littleton?

1 year later
#2019 2 years ago

Did someone here pickup that firepower for $250 this morning on Craigslist?

1 year later
#3004 1 year ago

I think the bring a game perks are pretty good. I have brought many games over the years and appreciate the perks. Also The show has a party for people that bring games to the show at another time during the year. The show provides food and drinks for not only the folks that bring games, but the families of us crazy pinball people. Dan and Holly are great people and do this for the pinball community.

Here are the current perks for bringing games. From the Pinball Showdown Webage...

We encourage you to share your love of pinball and classic arcade by bringing your games for the free play floor. Bring your games and receive over $300 in value for every two machines:
One complimentary 3-day general admission for yourself;
Exclusive Bring-a-Game Hours Fri. 11 pm - 1 am entrance for you and one guest (who must have a Fri. or 3-day general admission ticket);
Exclusive Bonus Play Hours on both Sat. and Sun. 9 am - 10 am entrance for you and one guest (who must have a corresponding Sat., Sun., or 3-day general admission ticket);
Private Special Guest Meet and Greet Fri. and Sat. 5 pm entrance for you and one guest (who must have a corresponding Fri., Sat. or 3-day general admission ticket);
Exclusive Bring-a-Game Party -- catered lunch, drinks and free pinball games -- invitation for you and one guest;
One customized festival badge (for printed name, must purchase by 5/15);
One collectible enamel festival pin;
One For Sale sign if you are seeking to sell one game;
Unlimited appreciation and admiration from the Colorado pinball and gamer community -- priceless.
Bring one game machine and receive one half-price 3-day general admission (you pay $40 for a $220 value), one entrance per event above, one For Sale sign, one festival badge, and one pin.

#3009 1 year ago

I don't get the thinking here. I understand it is a big undertaking to drag games out of your basement or game room to bring to the show. Its really not about the money to me. I do it to share my games and give back to the pinball community. Its like having a classic car that just sits in your garage, only you appreciate it. I truly enjoy sharing my efforts of bringing a game back from the dead and watching others enjoy it. I'm sure all of you Pinsiders will agree, there is nothing like going to a show and seeing that one game you never see, and its tuned great and you get to spend the weekend playing it! The person that brought that game most likely did it out of passion for Pinball, not because they got in free. That's what this should be about.

The Denver show is in line with many other shows around the country for bring games incentives. Tacoma is 1-2 games for one pass as well. have to bring 3-4 for two passes, same as Golden State.

If your griping about money and you own multiple games, you probably should find another hobby. Aint nothin cheep about pinball... Shouldn't a hobby be about passion? Any hobby you need to put effort into to truly have it become rewarding. If your in it for the money, its not a hobby!

Too many people want to bitch about every little detail they don't like. BE HAPPY pinball and these shows exist! Support your local shows, Help them to succeed. None of these shows owners are killing it on running these shows. They do it for pinball! Try running one of these events your self and see how many hours you put into it, then put up with the people that just want to complain. We are truly lucky these people have thick skins and continue to have a passion for Pinball and continue year after year to make these shows as great as they are able to. Put your self in these peoples shoes!

Sorry to hi-jack this thread... Sorry for venting, Ill get of my soap box now.

Pinside is way to toxic these days, its sad.

#3011 1 year ago

Demographics, Some areas are just more expensive to run shows at. Overhead is higher. Look at property values around each of these shows we are talking about. Each show does what they can to make things work. Yes they all make money for their time. Who can blame them for that. But is this their only source of income? Don't think so. And i would venture to say a good part of the money made goes back into the show for the next year.

Quoted from Whysnow:

I would love to make a trip out to see my brother and bring 2 games and hang out for a weekend, but 2 games = 1 pass/party just does not work and instead of 2 more games the show will end up with zero games. Sucks because I would love to help out (I always do)

I hope the lack of incentives doesn't keep you from visiting your brother and coming to the show to at least hang out and give your support. If you come out, look me up, lets play some games. Ill be at the show all weekend helping with whatever I can.

Lem

#3014 1 year ago

Hey look at it this way. Pinball shows could be ran like car shows where you have to pay to bring your cars....

#3018 1 year ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

does it cost to try and sell a game at the show?

I don't believe so. But ask the show. I've never sold anything there.

#3022 1 year ago

So toxic here. All I can say is support your local shows.

11 months later
#3768 7 months ago

Ok guys, gonna try the swapmeet at the show. Hopefully with your help we can make it a success. Details here and I will start a new thread too.

Swapmeet will be on the southside patio of the hotel. Sunday morning 8-10am. No cost to attend or sell. The Colorado Pinball Club will bring coffee and donuts.

Please PM me if you can bring stuff to sell. I need commitment please.....

Help make this work.

Thanks

Lem

1 month later
#3852 6 months ago

Did any one head score that cheap Vector in Ft Collins last week?

5 months later
#4135 28 days ago
Quoted from MarkG:

Pardon the interruption for a shameless plug...
There are a few Pinball Engineering workshops coming up in Colorado. This is a short introduction into what makes EM pinball machines tick. All are free but require registration.
Nov 16 in Bennett: https://www.anythinklibraries.org/events/pinball-engineering-workshop-mark-gibson
Nov 18 in Boulder: https://calendar.boulderlibrary.org/event/5912710
Nov 18 in Boulder: https://calendar.boulderlibrary.org/event/5751417
and another likely on Dec 11 in Thornton. (PM me for details)
The workshop description is at
https://www.funwithpinball.com/learn/pinball-engineering-workshop
And I'm always looking for students to put together another extended EM Pinball Repair class.
https://www.funwithpinball.com/learn/pinball-machine-repair-class
PM me with interest and your location. I just need about 4-5 students to run a class.
/Mark

I attended Marks class. All I can say is if you are into EMs, go to the class. I've been into pinball and EMs for over 30 years and I learned a bunch. Well worth the time and investment. Mark is a huge asset to the Pinball community!

Thanks for doing this Mark!

Lem

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 149.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Great American Pinball
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 68.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 149.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Art Prints
$ 25.00
Displays
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Apparel - Unisex
ArcadeMade
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 5280wzrd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside