IMG_6277_(resized).JPG
IMG_6278_(resized).JPG
IMG_6279_(resized).JPG
IMG_6280_(resized).JPG
IMG_6281_(resized).JPG
IMG_6282_(resized).JPG
IMG_6283_(resized).JPG
IMG_6284_(resized).JPG
There are 7,453 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 150.
#4801 3 years ago

Does anyone have a Gottlieb 1976 Royal Flush with a good playfield for sale? Can be a project or working. Thanks!

#4802 3 years ago

Anyone looking to get rid of a Spider-Man Vault Edition or Stranger Things (any version)?

#4803 3 years ago
Quoted from dontpanicflip:

Anyone looking to get rid of a Spider-Man Vault Edition or Stranger Things (any version)?

I’d sell my Stranger things LE with UV kit. PM me.

#4804 3 years ago

Anyone ever deal with this guy before? I mean....WoW (It was a fish tales on CL listed today and the ad is gone now, idk why it’s gone). Anyways he says his name is Jon and he’s around 88th and Colorado according to the map is his CL ad. Never ran into him before. Scam?

Messages below, his last message to me is first followed by the whole chain of emails. I mean jeeze, I was just being nice and trying to work a reasonable deal.

————————————————————————————-

It’s not sold til it’s sold but now you are playing local games with me of backing out on a game due to not liking my pricing and using the excuse of having an interested party who has not fully committed as your reason for not purchasing the machine. This is yet another reason that I don’t sell locally and I’ve lost all interest in working a deal with you. Thank you and take care.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 20, 2020, at 4:58 PM, <[email protected]> wrote:

I offered $499 less than your asking price. Not $660 less. At any rate I think if you already sold it at full price to someone in Canada then you should honor that. If that falls through let me know.

Sent from my iPad

On Dec 20, 2020, at 4:44 PM, craigslist 7250013189 <[email protected]> wrote:

Also it’s worth noting that the only real plastics that need to be replaced are the slings, one slender side piece and the few loop plastics up top. The game is fully workable as is and those others could probably be sourced for $60 total. Just know that you were asking me to take $660 off my asking price and I am essentially meeting you in the middle at $4200. I don’t think your offer was unreasonable compared to some of the people who yell and cuss at me locally about my prices being higher than they are willing to pay. I just have a lot into this game and it shows. I think if you pass on this you will regret it because it’s not super easy to find a nice Fish Tales, especially without having to ship one into the state. Anyway I’ll leave you alone now and if it works out great but if not no hard feelings and take care! I appreciate your interest in a classic title!

-Jon

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 20, 2020, at 4:18 PM, <[email protected]> wrote:

I can’t go that low and my time is worth more than that. I have 12 hours into this game on a full teardown, re-rubber and LED job. As you can see from my pics and video I do great work. I have a guy who wants it for full price in Canada. He just has to wait until DHL opens tomorrow to set up the shipment. I could do $4200 without the plastic set but that would be my absolute best. I typically don’t even sell locally because people want to pay players condition pricing on nice machines. While it’s understandable, it’s not really suited for me. Plus when is the last time you even saw a Fish Tales for sale locally? Typically if you want one you have to ship it from another state (I did) and that is a $450 surcharge. It’s a beautiful game and I won’t let someone convince me otherwise. We both know it’s true. Let me know if that works for you. Thanks Mike!

-Jon

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 20, 2020, at 4:10 PM, <[email protected]> wrote:

Yeah I hear ya about the cabinet fad and yours is nice. Plus you have a plastics set included. I am serious. I’m an avid collector and currently have 13 games in my line up. How about $4000 even.

Sent from my iPad

On Dec 20, 2020, at 3:55 PM, craigslist 7250013189 <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi Mike. I put a lot of hard work into this machine to get it looking like it does. Most machines that sell in the high 3000s are faded on one or both sides and have a missing topper. This is a very nice machine with a fully working topper. I’m slightly flexible on pricing but not by as much as you are expecting. I’m really wanting this machine to go to someone who will appreciate the love I put into it. You can feel free to make an offer if you’re serious and we’ll go from there. Thanks!

-Jon

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 20, 2020, at 3:52 PM, <[email protected]> wrote:

Howdy. I am interested in your fish tales. 4400 feels a bit high for this title as they tend to go in the high 3000’s in this condition. Let me know your thoughts on price flexibility. Thx

denver.craigslist.org link

Sent from my iPad

#4805 3 years ago

Not worth it IMO (the hassle, not the machine). As soon as a seller says "I've got another guy...." I tend to walk away - I don't play games even for a title I really want. And if I had a guy willing to pay my asking price but I just had till the next day for him to arrange shipping (assuming we've had serious and earnest communications back and forth), I wouldn't be trying to undercut my own customer by trying to sell it 12 hours earlier locally. It's a desirable title and if it is indeed in nice condition, it'll sell even if the both of you walk away.

#4806 3 years ago

Do not buy anything from this guy. He's a known flipper and sells run down machines here in Colorado and to people out of state. There are several threads here and on KLOV about his poor dealings and attitude. I've had personal dealings with him as well.

#4807 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Anyone ever deal with this guy before? I mean....WoW (It was a fish tales on CL listed today and the ad is gone now, idk why it’s gone). Anyways he says his name is Jon and he’s around 88th and Colorado according to the map is his CL ad. Never ran into him before. Scam?
Messages below, his last message to me is first followed by the whole chain of emails. I mean jeeze, I was just being nice and trying to work a reasonable deal.
————————————————————————————-
It’s not sold til it’s sold but now you are playing local games with me of backing out on a game due to not liking my pricing and using the excuse of having an interested party who has not fully committed as your reason for not purchasing the machine. This is yet another reason that I don’t sell locally and I’ve lost all interest in working a deal with you. Thank you and take care.
Sent from my iPhone
On Dec 20, 2020, at 4:58 PM, Mike [remoted] <[email protected]> wrote:

I offered $499 less than your asking price. Not $660 less. At any rate I think if you already sold it at full price to someone in Canada then you should honor that. If that falls through let me know.
Sent from my iPad
On Dec 20, 2020, at 4:44 PM, craigslist 7250013189 <[email protected]> wrote:
Also it’s worth noting that the only real plastics that need to be replaced are the slings, one slender side piece and the few loop plastics up top. The game is fully workable as is and those others could probably be sourced for $60 total. Just know that you were asking me to take $660 off my asking price and I am essentially meeting you in the middle at $4200. I don’t think your offer was unreasonable compared to some of the people who yell and cuss at me locally about my prices being higher than they are willing to pay. I just have a lot into this game and it shows. I think if you pass on this you will regret it because it’s not super easy to find a nice Fish Tales, especially without having to ship one into the state. Anyway I’ll leave you alone now and if it works out great but if not no hard feelings and take care! I appreciate your interest in a classic title!
-Jon
Sent from my iPhone
On Dec 20, 2020, at 4:18 PM, Jon Osborne <[email protected]> wrote:
I can’t go that low and my time is worth more than that. I have 12 hours into this game on a full teardown, re-rubber and LED job. As you can see from my pics and video I do great work. I have a guy who wants it for full price in Canada. He just has to wait until DHL opens tomorrow to set up the shipment. I could do $4200 without the plastic set but that would be my absolute best. I typically don’t even sell locally because people want to pay players condition pricing on nice machines. While it’s understandable, it’s not really suited for me. Plus when is the last time you even saw a Fish Tales for sale locally? Typically if you want one you have to ship it from another state (I did) and that is a $450 surcharge. It’s a beautiful game and I won’t let someone convince me otherwise. We both know it’s true. Let me know if that works for you. Thanks Mike!
-Jon
Sent from my iPhone
On Dec 20, 2020, at 4:10 PM, Mike [removed] <[email protected]> wrote:

Yeah I hear ya about the cabinet fad and yours is nice. Plus you have a plastics set included. I am serious. I’m an avid collector and currently have 13 games in my line up. How about $4000 even.
Sent from my iPad
On Dec 20, 2020, at 3:55 PM, craigslist 7250013189 <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi Mike. I put a lot of hard work into this machine to get it looking like it does. Most machines that sell in the high 3000s are faded on one or both sides and have a missing topper. This is a very nice machine with a fully working topper. I’m slightly flexible on pricing but not by as much as you are expecting. I’m really wanting this machine to go to someone who will appreciate the love I put into it. You can feel free to make an offer if you’re serious and we’ll go from there. Thanks!
-Jon
Sent from my iPhone
On Dec 20, 2020, at 3:52 PM, Mike [removed] <[email protected]> wrote:

Howdy. I am interested in your fish tales. 4400 feels a bit high for this title as they tend to go in the high 3000’s in this condition. Let me know your thoughts on price flexibility. Thx
Sent from my iPad

Way to try and shame someone from making a little money, from a guy that lists a 2500 twd topper. What a bunch of bitch drama, and shitty hypocritical content. Grow up dude.

#4808 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Way to try and shame someone from making a little money, from a guy that lists a 2500 twd topper. What a bunch of bitch drama, and shitty hypocritical content. Grow up dude.

I’m not shaming him for trying to make money, at all. It’s his attitude. If he had been a nice guy I might have come up closer to his asking price. But after one offer he flipped out on me. As a side note, my TWD topper sold for $1500, which seems to be the current market price for those toppers. I received lower offers, which I kindly didn’t accept without the drama.

#4809 3 years ago

Thanks for the PM. Yeah, you and I have had a dealing before that left me thinking, "What a jerk." I didn't like your attitude either, but I didn't come here to try and socially embarrass you or damage you in any of your selling efforts. It's okay as I'm "over it." as you pm'd. I've also had dealings with this seller and we either came to an agreement or we didn't. He's an enthusiast who engages more in the business side of pinball over the hobby side and is by far a kinder gentleman than you. This Christmas Eve you will be visited by three spirits that you talked shit about on social media . . . .

#4810 3 years ago

Full disclosure. Pinstein is upset with me because I had previously thumbs downed him. I had a history of abuse with the thumbs up thumbs down vote system and decided to hide that feature from myself about 1-2 years ago. I never picked on anyone specifically with the system, but was heavy handed with the thumbs down button. It was just a personal preference thing, but I used it too much. I publicly apologize to Pinstein for the thumbs down vote and promise to never thumbs down you or anyone else ever again.

#4811 3 years ago

Also a Fishtales with a "fully working topper" is actually a negative and should be reflected in the price.

#4812 3 years ago
Quoted from CoPinfan:

Do not buy anything from this guy. He's a known flipper and sells run down machines here in Colorado and to people out of state. There are several threads here and on KLOV about his poor dealings and attitude. I've had personal dealings with him as well.

Used to be on KLOV, not sure if I know this guy or not but useful info

#4813 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Full disclosure. Pinstein is upset with me because I had previously thumbs downed him. I had a history of abuse with the thumbs up thumbs down vote system and decided to hide that feature from myself about 1-2 years ago. I never picked on anyone specifically with the system, but was heavy handed with the thumbs down button. It was just a personal preference thing, but I used it too much. I publicly apologize to Pinstein for the thumbs down vote and promise to never thumbs down you or anyone else ever again.

Full disclosure. I dont care about thumbs up or down. I thought you were a jerk after you came and bought my IJPA, we had a beer and played a few games in my collection, and then the next day I see pics of the all the mods I put on that IJ posted in the "mod haters" thread with some snarky comments. I mean its not like you hurt my feelings but it just seemed like such a weird and immature thing to do knowing I am also on pinside. I dont care if you thumbs down every post I make but when I saw you trying to embarrass someone else I choose not to keep quiet like I did then. You seemed like a nice enough guy in person. Not the first time I misjudged someone. I wont bother to respond again.

#4814 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Full disclosure. I dont care about thumbs up or down. I thought you were a jerk after you came and bought my IJPA, we had a beer and played a few games in my collection, and then the next day I see pics of the all the mods I put on that IJ posted in the "mod haters" thread with some snarky comments. I mean its not like you hurt my feelings but it just seemed like such a weird and immature thing to do knowing I am also on pinside. I dont care if you thumbs down every post I make but when I saw you trying to embarrass someone else I choose not to keep quiet like I did then. You seemed like a nice enough guy in person. Not the first time I misjudged someone. I wont bother to respond again.

I’m sorry you have a beef with me, I meant no harm. But yes I did buy a IJ with a ton of toys glued all over the game, it was a prime example well fit for that thread. I had to replace the plastics and pop caps because the glue wouldn’t all come off. I was fine with that and knew going in what I was getting into. I didn’t call you out in that thread and honestly I didn’t know who you were on pinside at the time, I just responded to your CL ad. At any rate I apologize if that hurt your feelings, that thread is meant in good humor. Just like the rainbow color LED thread, I’ve bought a couple doozies in my time, not sure if I posted those there or not. At any rate, I meant you no harm. Happy Holidays!

#4815 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I thought you were a jerk

I had a similar experience where he messaged me about possible trading his Adams Family towards one of my games plus cash. I explained to him that I was interested and would like to come and look at it. He then saw an ad for one listed for top dollar and 20 minutes later had the ad up on Pinside without any consideration. This is a small community dude-be careful of the toes you step on today-they may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow. I am usually good at judging character and so far he has not passed the test.

#4816 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I had a similar experience where he messaged me about possible trading his Adams Family towards one of my games plus cash. I explained to him that I was interested and would like to come and look at it. He then saw an ad for one listed for top dollar and 20 minutes later had the ad up on Pinside without any consideration. This is a small community dude-be careful of the toes you step on today-they may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow. I am usually good at judging character and so far he has not passed the test.

Howdy! Hey yeah I do remember that! I had a super nice TAF I had fully restored. You and I did trade a series of PM’s for the course of 4 days about possibly trading your AC/DC Pro plus $2500 for my TAF. I wasn’t really open to that because I had well over 10k into my TAF. But we did entertain the idea and you were going to come see it but after 4 days you never did and I got a 10k offer on it so I sold it. Not sure how I wronged you here man, we had nothing in concrete whatsoever.

#4817 3 years ago

You are a real crack up. You contacted ME! on pm saying are you still interested? I said yes sorry I have been busy the last couple of days and yes I would like to come and see it. Literally 20 minutes later you posted it because you saw one listed at price gouging pricing. Dude you are a joke-keep trying to f people and sell price gouging bs on craigslist. It really is comical-you calling anyone out. What comes around goes around

#4818 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

You are a real crack up. You contacted ME! on pm saying are you still interested? I said yes sorry I have been busy the last couple of days and yes I would like to come and see it. Literally 20 minutes later you posted it because you saw one listed at price gouging pricing. Dude you are a joke-keep trying to f people and sell price gouging bs on craigslist. It really is comical-you calling anyone out. What comes around goes around

Ok, sorry it didn’t work out man. Happy Holidays!

#4819 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Ok, sorry it didn’t work out man. Happy Holidays!

GTFO

#4820 3 years ago

He is not someone I would care to do business with again, I have bought over 10 pinball machines from various sellers in Colorado in the last 2 years. All were great experiences, this most recent one...not so much. But I partly blame myself. That's all I'm going to say about that.

#4821 3 years ago
Quoted from Frostbite:

He is not someone I would care to do business with again, I have bought over 10 pinball machines from various sellers in Colorado in the last 2 years. All were great experiences, this most recent one...not so much. But I partly blame myself. That's all I'm going to say about that.

You are talking about the fish tales guy right? Yeah I was very serious about the game, but I didn’t understand the whole thing about being sold to someone in Canada, but he was negotiating with me at a lower price. Then his reaction to my suggesting he should honor that sale was strange. IDK. Guess no fish tales for me!

#4822 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

but I didn’t understand the whole thing about being sold to someone in Canada, but he was negotiating with me at a lower price.

What don't you understand? A local guy selling a game prefers to sell locally for convenience sake vs shipping to Canada? Really not that hard to figure why he would discount and prefer local(I would never ship a game out of US) The real problem is the low-baller offer-again who is to blame?

Does anyone know where I can find an over the top price gouging Royal MM? I really am interested

#4823 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

What don't you understand? A local guy selling a game prefers to sell locally for convenience sake vs shipping to Canada? Really not that hard to figure why he would discount and prefer local(I would never ship a game out of US) The real problem is the low-baller offer-again who is to blame?
Does anyone know where I can find an over the top price gouging Royal MM? I really am interested

Dude, I get it. You are not happy with me. That's fine man. I can't please everyone.

#4824 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

That's fine man. I can't please everyone.

Look I believe in forgiveness and second chances but you have to prove you have changed your tune. If you want respect-you have to give respect. Start treating people the way-YOU would want to be treated.
(A good start would be take down over-priced stuff on CL that tends to inflate pricing and is not good for anyone. Post here on Pinside for a reasonable market price and karma will come your way.)

#4825 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Look I believe in forgiveness and second chances but you have to prove you have changed your tune. If you want respect-you have to give respect. Start treating people the way-YOU would want to be treated.

Dude, I have done plenty of transactions with people in the Denver area as the buyer and seller and have always been fair and honest. If you think we had a deal on the TAF you are mistaken. I was entertaining your offer of a trade plus cash, and yes I was serious about it. BUT it was less than I wanted and I was struggling with the numbers on a AC/DC Pro + $2500 for a fully restored TAF that had well over 10k into it. Who knows, if you had come over to see it perhaps we would have ended up working out a deal. But it sold before you could find time to come see it. It didn't work out, get over it.

#4826 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

It didn't work out, get over it.

Well I can see it is going in one ear and out the other-and that EGO is too strong to try and be cool.

#4827 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Well I can see it is going in one ear and out the other-and that EGO is too strong to try and be cool.

Wow man. I am trying to be nice. I don't understand the hostility. Lets just agree to disagree.

#4828 3 years ago

Ok but does anyone have a FT, TZ, or MB that they would sell? Preferable games that need shopped and gone through.

#4829 3 years ago

Oh boy there are so many things that could be said here...

I just wanna know who made the Craigslist ad.

#4830 3 years ago

I am glad that when I get back out there, I'll be down in Pueblo, and have to worry more about New Mexico peeps and Springs peeps than ya'll up in Denver. :megreen:

#4831 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Wow! Wasn't me but very interesting. How did someone get his picture? Is that really him? This is getting weird! Pretty sure a post like that violates CL terms too.

#4832 3 years ago

Wow never seen this kind of pent up drama in the Colorado thread. It’s like a powder keg!

#4833 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I am glad that when I get back out there, I'll be down in Pueblo, and have to worry more about New Mexico peeps and Springs peeps than ya'll up in Denver. :megreen:

Despite all of this, there are a lot of really good people in this area who collect and trade pinball and arcade games. People who make this hobby difficult and frustrating are the exception, not the norm.

#4834 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

We have a pretty solid little group of players down here in Pueblo!

#4835 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Already been deleted by the author. Sorry I missed it. Who was it a picture of? Any details?

#4836 3 years ago

I would never give either of the Dacono flippers any of my business. So many stories of shady dealings. The guys don't care about pinball or video games, they are just out to make as much money off people as possible.

#4837 3 years ago
Quoted from Charles_Kline:

I would never give either of the Dacono flippers any of my business. So many stories of shady dealings. The guys don't care about pinball or video games, they are just out to make as much money off people as possible.

Didn't know there were 2 of them. Hadn't run into either until yesterday. Who is the other one?

#4838 3 years ago

This is crazy...

Quoted from Mr68:

Already been deleted by the author. Sorry I missed it. Who was it a picture of? Any details?

#4839 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Didn't know there were 2 of them. Hadn't run into either until yesterday. Who is the other one?

Isn’t there 3 of them?

#4840 3 years ago

Guys. I am done here. All I was doing was trying to figure out the deal with that fish tales, never ran into the guy before and the whole exchange with him was brash and weird. Peace out and Happy Holidays everyone.

#4841 3 years ago

And more Craigslist postings....

This is nuts.

#4842 3 years ago

This is a fairly small community of collectors / players. We all know each other. Treat people bad, it will bite you in the ass eventually. Sucks to see this is happening.

Quoted from jalpert:

And more Craigslist postings....
This is nuts.

#4843 3 years ago

....get a room....

#4844 3 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

We have a pretty solid little group of players down here in Pueblo!

Really? Huh! That's good to hear!

#4845 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Really? Huh! That's good to hear!

Yep! And hopefully if the world ever opens back up, we will have a pretty good expansion to one of my locations

#4846 3 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Isn’t there 3 of them?

It is hard to say since it seems like they are listing in different locations now (the FT is listed as Thornton) and how people use fake/not real names.

I've started putting "Include your name in your message" on my CL ads because I don't want to deal with folks who don't go by their names when doing a transaction.

Usernames on a few dollar part sale through the site is one thing but when hundreds and thousands of dollars are on the table everyone should be able and willing to be real with people.

#4847 3 years ago

Hey guys! I just want to chime in and say that I genuinely was not interested in selling my Fish Tales that I completely ripped apart, re-rubbered, extensively cleaned and installed full Comet LEDs in to Mike [removed] (aka WakkyBrakke) for $3840. So in return he left me negative Pinside feedback and has been posting retaliatory Craigslist posts about me and also about Bill in Dacono, claiming that I don’t even wipe games down and flip them. I don’t even work with Bill. We each do our own thing. I appreciate those of you who have stood up to Mike and have challenged his questionable behavior regarding this matter. I recognize a few of you like Pinstein (John, you rock) and jalpert (Love you Mike). I prefer not to deal locally because of the drama that is involved with it, however I’m certain that I have missed out on some great friendships because of it. I’m always leery when a local person contacts me because of this mentality of wanting to pay players condition pricing on a fully refurbished machine. I certainly understand that everybody wants a great deal. But I want this game to go to someone who will truly appreciate it and I felt that Mike [removed] was not the right person for this machine. Here is the video of my Fish Tales. It’s a beautiful machine and I’m sure that once you watch it you will understand why I didn’t want to let it go for that price.

#4848 3 years ago

I looked at your profile and saw that feedback. Geez, how shitty to leave someone negative feedback when you didn't even have a transaction. That should not be allowed. Whoever is posting negative ads about you on CL is a real jerk. Who does such weird and immature stuff?

#4849 3 years ago

Hmmm I might have an idea

#4850 3 years ago

I have a nice target alpha I will be listing soon. Also might have a prospector. Let me know if interested.
Merry Christmas.

There are 7,453 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 150.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colorado-whats-fsft/page/97?hl=bendit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.