IMG_6277_(resized).JPG
IMG_6278_(resized).JPG
IMG_6279_(resized).JPG
IMG_6280_(resized).JPG
IMG_6281_(resized).JPG
IMG_6282_(resized).JPG
IMG_6283_(resized).JPG
IMG_6284_(resized).JPG
There are 7,453 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 150.
#4751 3 years ago

Curious on general opinions regarding those 2 Centaurs for sale on CL. Why aren't they selling/moving; price, condition? It always seems like Centaur is always such a "in demand" game usually, and to have two machines up for sale at the same time with no action on either seems...strange.

#4752 3 years ago
Quoted from colorado_cabrio:

Curious on general opinions regarding those 2 Centaurs for sale on CL. Why aren't they selling/moving; price, condition? It always seems like Centaur is always such a "in demand" game usually, and to have two machines up for sale at the same time with no action on either seems...strange.

I only see this one. Not enough pictures and if you're going to take a picture of the front or side get the whole area in the picture. Not willing to ship either, would probably get some traction if they listed it on Pinside.

fortcollins.craigslist.org link

#4753 3 years ago
Quoted from colorado_cabrio:

The one outside of Ft Collins (5100 asking) sounded like it was a very nice machine.

#4754 3 years ago

Of the two, the one outside of Ft. Collins is for sure the nicer of the two. The one in Denver has too much playfield wear to justify the price in my opinion.

#4755 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

The one outside of Ft Collins (5100 asking) sounded like it was a very nice machine.

Quoted from Apex:

Of the two, the one outside of Ft. Collins is for sure the nicer of the two. The one in Denver has too much playfield wear to justify the price in my opinion.

Agree. I can't weigh in on price but yeah, the pic of the center bonus inserts seems to tell the story really well.

By comparison, my Centaur is in pretty good shape and was in the house of a Bly/Wms employee for 20+ years before I got it and even still, I'm starting to see wear around the edges of those inserts. (OK so I can't share a pic but trust me, on mine there are fine white lines showing around the inserts which aren't really cupped or anything either.)

#4756 3 years ago

WTB: T2 project game. Uglier the better.

#4757 3 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Now all I need is a White Water.

Got one!

#4758 3 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

WTB a sheet or two of standard width Invisiglass, PDI glass or Stern HD.
If you have extra and would sell me a sheet please send me a PM with the details. Thanks!!

That reminds me. Whoever bought my TNA back in 2018, I forgot to slide my PDI glass out before we packed the game up.
Enjoy my friend.

Don't remember his name but he was a really nice guy. The kind of guy I don't mind making this mistake for.

#4759 3 years ago

I assume this is a pinsider

denver.craigslist.org link

#4760 3 years ago

I recently picked up a 1961 Williams Space Ship project pin as part of a package deal.
Not something I was after, and I’m not an EM guy, so looking to see if there’s any interest out there.
It’s a low production but rough pin, so hoping to find the right person that would love a good project.
PM me for more details and pics if interested.
Thanks,
Duane

#4761 3 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

Agree. I can't weigh in on price but yeah, the pic of the center bonus inserts seems to tell the story really well.
By comparison, my Centaur is in pretty good shape and was in the house of a Bly/Wms employee for 20+ years before I got it and even still, I'm starting to see wear around the edges of those inserts. (OK so I can't share a pic but trust me, on mine there are fine white lines showing around the inserts which aren't really cupped or anything either.)

It seems to me that as time goes on the market is shifting. With all the new rgb lighting, lcd screens, deeper rules and better protected playfields that older games are becoming less desirable and the price is dropping. Unless it's a "grail" game. Even those the remakes are selling for more than the originals.

#4762 3 years ago
Quoted from Timfenske11:

It seems to me that as time goes on the market is shifting. With all the new rgb lighting, lcd screens, deeper rules and better protected playfields that older games are becoming less desirable and the price is dropping

Maybe in the densest of pop centers, but out in the wilderness prices are not coming down at all.

#4763 3 years ago
Quoted from Timfenske11:

It seems to me that as time goes on the market is shifting. With all the new rgb lighting, lcd screens, deeper rules and better protected playfields that older games are becoming less desirable and the price is dropping.

Pinside lists Fathom as $5460 - $6340.

Congo is $4530 - $5270.

World Poker Tour is $2870 - $3330. Someone local had a hell of a time getting $1700 for one just a few years ago. Even if you think the above games are super hot right now, WPT isn't.

Hard for me to imagine all three of these aren't at all time high prices. They were the first three I thought to look up.

People get into all the new fancy games, but the number of people who own machines keep growing. Some of them start balancing out their collections with older stuff. More and more people competing for the same stock of 30-50 year old games. Most NIB purchases lose money...but if anyone is losing money on older stuff, I'm not hearing about it.

#4764 3 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Pinside lists Fathom as $5460 - $6340.
Congo is $4530 - $5270.
World Poker Tour is $2870 - $3330. Someone local had a hell of a time getting $1700 for one just a few years ago. Even if you think the above games are super hot right now, WPT isn't.
Hard for me to imagine all three of these aren't at all time high prices. They were the first three I thought to look up.
People get into all the new fancy games, but the number of people who own machines keep growing. Some of them start balancing out their collections with older stuff. More and more people competing for the same stock of 30-50 year old games. Most NIB purchases lose money...but if anyone is losing money on older stuff, I'm not hearing about it.

I agree that there are games that will always bring a premium. It does seem like ones that used to sell quickly are taking longer to sell and for less. I'm only talking a few hundred dollars at the moment. With more manufacturers and adding 5 to 10 new titles yearly eventually a dmd will be like an em. Not a bad thing just different. In the past year I have seen several dmd games (given not rare ones) for less than 2000. Collectors will always want a broad range of games but I find that people new to the hobby and casual fans would much rather have a new game than 3 older ones. Just my 2 cents. Maybe I'm just hoping so I can keep adding to my collection for less!

#4765 3 years ago
Quoted from Timfenske11:

I agree that there are games that will always bring a premium. It does seem like ones that used to sell quickly are taking longer to sell and for less. I'm only talking a few hundred dollars at the moment. With more manufacturers and adding 5 to 10 new titles yearly eventually a dmd will be like an em. Not a bad thing just different. In the past year I have seen several dmd games (given not rare ones) for less than 2000. Collectors will always want a broad range of games but I find that people new to the hobby and casual fans would much rather have a new game than 3 older ones. Just my 2 cents. Maybe I'm just hoping so I can keep adding to my collection for less!

DMD for under 2,000 in Colorado? I’ve been missing out if that’s the case.

Mid west maybe but not Colorado.

I just picked up an AFM LE for me I’m 100% looking for remakes not originals. To me they play the same and the reliability of new is worth it. An original would have to be priced extremely competitive for me to consider. However most of mine are going on location so i have a different prospective.

#4766 3 years ago

Just my perspective as someone relatively new to the hobby. One thing I like about pinball is that I expect that the pins I own will hold their value if they are good examples of good games. Ten years from now an Addams Family will still be a fun pin to play, it will have a cache, and they are not making new ones. Maybe pure players are okay with remakes but collectors want original. That said, the older mediocre games I think may fade. I owned a Jokerz and it is pretty cheap ($1400) but it is also not that much fun next to a new game. However, I still play my Whirlwind and Taxi from the same era and think they are great fun. Sometimes you want a complex game but other times you just want a fun shooter. Having a mix in your collection is great.

I currently own 7 pins (SimpsonPP, Indiana Jones PA, LOTR, Taxi, AFM (orig.), Whirlwind, and Dr. Dude), except for maybe Dr. Dude I think these will hold there value (maybe some will increase). I have been tempted to buy new but I think I will lose money. I have considered a new Avengers but don't want a Pro and the LE seems pricey. Maybe more importantly, I am not sure how fun they are. I am sure an Addams Family will be fun, it has proved that over 20 years but a new machine, who knows.

I also like to restore pins and those are really hard to find. Almost all the older pins seem to already be restored. I think there was a wave of broken down machines like 10-15 years ago when a bunch of arcades failed but now I don't see them.

Lastly, Colorado is kind of in an island so you really have to jump on good pins locally. I have a 1000 mile search radius and ended up getting LOTR in Ohama and SPP in Nevada. I could have my pick of pins if I lived in PA but here seems like a sellers market.

#4767 3 years ago

Getting ready to post a HUO Family Guy and a very nice bronze Shadow, as seen on the first page of the Shadow Club thread. Hope to get listing and pictures posted later today. Tech Center area.

#4768 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

very nice bronze Shadow

I'm not in the market (already got one) but just for fun I'd love to see pics of your blinged-out Shadow if you end up posting them somewhere! The closeups in the Shadow Club thread look fantastic.

#4769 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

Getting ready to post a HUO FG

Someone upthread was just asking for one the other day, I think.

Unless you are talking Family Guy and not Flash Gordon?

#4770 3 years ago

Family guy, not Flash Gordon.

Quoted from guitarded:

Someone upthread was just asking for one the other day, I think.
Unless you are talking Family Guy and not Flash Gordon?

#4771 3 years ago

Will be updating pictures on Family Guy. I should mention that the goodie bag is attached inside and NVRAM installed. Very low plays.
Would trade for JP Premium or JP LE.

#4772 3 years ago

Hello! I’m going to be listing a GB Pro shortly. It was routed for about 2 years. When I bought it a year ago, I stripped and cleaned the playfield entirely, replaced all rubber with Titan Glow in the Dark, added side art and shaker motor. Playfield looks great with no broken plastics or mechs. Slimer and Scolari targets function as appropriate. Game works great. Cabinet is in B+ condition with 2-3 small marks on the art. PM me for pics. $4700.

#4774 3 years ago
Quoted from Timfenske11:

It seems to me that as time goes on the market is shifting. With all the new rgb lighting, lcd screens, deeper rules and better protected playfields that older games are becoming less desirable and the price is dropping. Unless it's a "grail" game. Even those the remakes are selling for more than the originals.

I think it's more about perception. Today with new games continuing to rise in price and DMD/SS/EM holding the line, what feels a price drop to older games is more about an increasing price gap between old and new. For example I can't think of a machine priced lower today than when I got in the hobby in 2008, though there has been some bubble pricing between then and now, most of that has stabilized with remakes and stable demand. In 2009 you could get NIB Sterns for $3k, but today a used one of each of those is north of that.

The decisions today are like always, old vs new, old TMNT for $2k or new for $5k, old GNR for $5.5k, new for $7k+. Are the new ones better? Maybe, but you pay up for that better. Does it make the old less fun? I think the past 20 years of pinball has proven otherwise. Long story short, a game is rarely a loss or a gain.

RE: the "better protected playfields" comment... I'll assume you haven't been reading the 7k long thread on NIB playfield issues with Stern/JJP.

#4775 3 years ago

Probably a long shot. Looking for an Elvira HOH LE or premium. Thanks!

#4776 3 years ago
Quoted from 68Pontinut:

Probably a long shot. Looking for an Elvira HOH LE or premium. Thanks!

I have one, you can come look at it. Not going anywhere anytime real soon I doubt. It's already spoken for by like 3 people that want it when I'm done unfortunately.

#4777 3 years ago

I am also looking for a nice Junk Yard. Thanks

#4778 3 years ago

Looking for a South Park if anyone has a lead on one

#4779 3 years ago

We are selling our house if that counts. I would love for it to go to a fellow pinball / arcade aficionado. The entire collection will be negotiable to the new owner but not opposed to carting them across the country. PM me if you are serious. Kinda sad about the whole thing. We love our place.

#4780 3 years ago
Quoted from Waldo:

We are selling our house if that counts. I would love for it to go to a fellow pinball / arcade aficionado. The entire collection will be negotiable to the new owner but not opposed to carting them across the country. PM me if you are serious. Kinda sad about the whole thing. We love our place.

Wow, sorry to hear that. You have about the coolest game room ever. If you need help with anything please let me know.

#4781 3 years ago

To clear up some confusion - I wasn’t really looking at unloading my pins just yet (who knows what the future holds) I was saying if anyone knows anyone who is looking for a new house that has a game room / arcade already built or is a huge Tron fan, I would love to see the house go to someone who appreciates it like we do. We love the place and are sad to be putting it up for sale.

#4783 3 years ago

I failed at buying that Night Moves off of Craigslist. If anyone is ever thinking about selling a cocktail pinball machine. Please send me a pm.

#4784 3 years ago

Has anyone had any luck with Roller Auctioneers? Seems like the machines are heavily routed and sell for above what a good conditioned machine would sell for at high retail pricing? Waste of time? https://www.rollerauction.com/online-auctions/local-amusement-vending-industry-company-colorado-online-auction-12-17-20

I am currently hunting for the following if anyone has any leads? HUO Elvis Gold, HUO KISS Pro, restored Wh20 w/ new pf, Championship Sprint arcade, and an Ice Cold Beer arcade. Also have a friend looking for a RR WOZ

Thanks

#4785 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Has anyone had any luck with Roller Auctioneers?

I lurk every time I see one, but you're right....they just sell for too much via Roller (before you even add in their buyer premiums). Not sure who's buying them but I've seen lesser mileage pins that I could get for less money, including throwing in ~$400 to have them shipped to me.

#4786 3 years ago

Anyone have a Medieval Madness they want to part with?

#4787 3 years ago

WTB: project Abra Ca Dabra.

#4788 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Has anyone had any luck with Roller Auctioneers? Seems like the machines are heavily routed and sell for above what a good conditioned machine would sell for at high retail pricing? Waste of time? https://www.rollerauction.com/online-auctions/local-amusement-vending-industry-company-colorado-online-auction-12-17-20
I am currently hunting for the following if anyone has any leads? HUO Elvis Gold, HUO KISS Pro, restored Wh20 w/ new pf, Championship Sprint arcade, and an Ice Cold Beer arcade. Also have a friend looking for a RR WOZ
Thanks

I believe those are the guys that come from Kansas. From the last few I went to it seems like they bid on their own stuff if it doesn't go for what they want.

#4789 3 years ago

Been to a few of those auctions in the old days. It seemed like they were bidding on their own back then. Had to walk away a few times.

#4790 3 years ago

They were. It’s allowed. Roller Auctions isn’t right, the prices and activity makes no sense most of the time.

Quoted from whthrs166:

It seemed like they were bidding on their own back then

#4791 3 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Been to a few of those auctions in the old days. It seemed like they were bidding on their own back then. Had to walk away a few times.

Many years ago I was at an auction and I saw a buddy of mine in a bidding war at an already stupid price. I've seen people get the fever before and it's ridiculous. I made my way over to him and asked what the hell he thought he was doing. He told me he was shill bidding for the owner.

Back to Craigslist.

#4792 3 years ago

It’s called a buyback. If the owner wins their own auction, they owe a set fee that’s pre-determined.

#4793 3 years ago

So out of town guys coming in and doing shill biding to jack their games up beyond ridiculous retail with phony auction-no thanks

I had a friend interested in the Sopranos and Ripley's and I was trying to warn him-no bueno

Thanks for the feedback guys

#4794 3 years ago

AFM Classic/Standard Remake-You guys like it ? $5,500 NIB is where I am at with my limited budget-Too low-Happening at any distributors ? TY

#4795 3 years ago

Anyone going to be selling a TMNT or AIQ pro to fund LZ?

#4796 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Anyone going to be selling a TMNT or AIQ pro to fund LZ?

I’ll sell my Pro soon.

#4797 3 years ago

Took on this hobby about a year ago but seems like a bit over my head for project machines. Time to move on to newer pins.

I have a Vector and Laser Cue up for grabs. Vector power ons but has issues when J3 connected. Rebuilt rectifier and repinned some cables but fuses still blow.

Laser Cue works but needs some TLC (e.g,. bumpers, rubbers).

#4798 3 years ago
Quoted from Sledger1:

I have a Vector and Laser Cue up for grabs.

PM sent.

#4799 3 years ago
Quoted from Sledger1:

Took on this hobby about a year ago but seems like a bit over my head for project machines. Time to move on to newer pins.

Ironically one of my NIB pins was as problematic as any used pin I've ever owned, but I get it. Video games have always been significantly more difficult for me to keep running.

#4800 3 years ago

Hey all,
Just early heads up. I think I may move on from the Alien I bought. I'm just overflowing and while it's an amazing game just need some space for new games and other stuff(potentially open to partial trades but would be a short list). Previous listing is below from my friend I bought it from local few months back which has details on all the extras. Game is loaded, working perfectly and has a ridiculous amount of spare parts and an extra playfield. I'll probably get the ad together in the coming week. This is one I'd definitely prefer to sell local so if anyone is potentially interested let me know and we can discuss. Thanks!

Machine - For Trade
Alien Archived
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “HUO and fully working Alien pinball, running the latest 1.4 code. Mods are beacons on top and playfield, topper, shaker, clear speaker panels, ramp decals, powder coated legs, clif...”
2020-10-03
Loveland, CO
Trade
Archived after: 4 days
Viewed: 1584 times

There are 7,453 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 150.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colorado-whats-fsft/page/96?hl=timfenske11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.