6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,977 posts
  • 319 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by Dr_Gonzo
  • Topic is favorited by 214 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 161 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

twd-bg.IMG_20160507_112724_(resized).jpg
twd-pf.IMG_20160507_112528_(resized).jpg
twd-cab.IMG_20160507_112903_(resized).jpg
IMG_6271_(resized).JPG
IMG_6273_(resized).JPG
IMG_6274_(resized).JPG
IMG_6275_(resized).JPG
IMG_6276_(resized).JPG
IMG_6277_(resized).JPG
IMG_6278_(resized).JPG
IMG_6279_(resized).JPG
IMG_6280_(resized).JPG
IMG_6281_(resized).JPG
IMG_6282_(resized).JPG
IMG_6283_(resized).JPG
IMG_6284_(resized).JPG

There are 4977 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 100.
#4601 3 months ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

STTNG is pretty ambitious for a first pin...lots of maintenance with the cannons, diverters, and optos in the subway. Unless of course he's got you to keep it running smoothly for him.

100% this; I'd strongly consider if this is the hill you want to die on Marine? Lots of 1st time owners get frustrated when machines suddenly stop working, and it turns them off of the hobby. STTNG is a favorite of mine as well, but it does constantly have issues and is out of commission regularly.

If he's a trekie; maybe the new ST from stern would be a better 1st pin IMHO

#4602 3 months ago

Have to agree. No way I’d recommend TNG as a first pin unless it’s a dream theme.

#4603 3 months ago

I've got a Ghostbusters PRO and a Stern Star Trek PRO I'm going to put on Pinside for sale (in the near future). Both HEAVILY modded and in great condition. Actually, an obscene amount of mods on both (because I have a problem). I don't want to get rid of either but I've got Avengers & Rick and Morty delivering in the near future and need to make room in the garage. I can link to a Dropbox folder of images or link to live-streams on Twitch/YouTube of each game until I post actual ads (in a couple of weeks). Let me know if anyone is interested!

#4604 3 months ago

Indianapolis 500 for sale. Can deliver curbside, depending on exact location. I am in northwest Kansas and travel routinely to Denver metro area.

denver.craigslist.org link

#4605 3 months ago

Space Station in KC but can have it delivered for an additional $250 to Denver area.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/103104

#4606 3 months ago

Thanks so much for the STTNG info. I’ve never even seen the pin before so maybe I will suggest a different starter.

dontpanicflip - I’ll let you know if they bite on either of those two.

Thanks again!

#4607 3 months ago

hi.
can someone pick this hollywood heat up for me and store it until i'm ready to have it shipped.
denver.craigslist.org link

#4608 3 months ago

If anyone knows of a used Beatles Gold with no playfield issues please contact me. I am looking at a new one but would rather pay less for nice used.

#4609 3 months ago

Tossing around the idea of selling my Avengers IQ LE. It will be NIB if someone wants it next Tuesday. Got hit with a fairly sizable tax audit bill today and facing possible furlough. Not sure now is the right time to plop down that kinda dough. Didn’t buy to flip it so best offer over $9403.96 (have receipt - price plus CO tax) I’d take.

#4610 3 months ago
Quoted from Waldo:

Tossing around the idea of selling my Avengers IQ LE. It will be NIB if someone wants it next Tuesday. Got hit with a fairly sizable tax audit bill today and facing possible furlough. Not sure now is the right time to plop down that kinda dough. Didn’t buy to flip it so best offer over $9403.96 (have receipt - price plus CO tax) I’d take.

Have you tried to protest it? You could even ask for the penalty to be abated which several people would ask when I worked as a billing person for audit in my state. It doesn't hurt as the worst they could do is say no.

#4611 3 months ago
Quoted from Waldo:

Got hit with a fairly sizable tax audit bill today

Quoted from Grayman_EM:

Have you tried to protest it? You could even ask for the penalty to be abated

At the very least I'd give the audit letter a close read and make sure you understand and agree with what they're saying, and if there's enough money at stake consider seeking professional advice. I got one of those from the IRS a few years back and it turned out the auditor was misapplying the law. I had to write two (respectful) letters asking them to clarify what they thought I'd done wrong, but they ultimately just dropped it.

#4612 3 months ago

I'm selling my Rick & Morty pre-order spot #433 Blood Sucker Edition; I estimate it should be ready in Jan/Feb. I ordered direct through Spooky and you'll be able to select all options. I listed it @ $3000 as the cheapest pre-order spot currently listed on pinside. Would be willing to trade for a like-priced game locally.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/103394

Added 109 days ago:

Sold.

#4613 3 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

At the very least I'd give the audit letter a close read and make sure you understand and agree with what they're saying, and if there's enough money consider seeking professional advice. I got one of those from the IRS a few years back and it turned out the auditor was misapplying the law. I had to write two (respectful) letters asking them to clarify what they thought I'd done wrong, but they ultimately just dropped it.

fosaisu is correct on seeking professional advice (talk to your CPA) etc. Plus as a business expense another deduction.

#4614 3 months ago
Quoted from Waldo:

A friend worked at an accounting firm while studying to be a cpa in the 90s. His firm represented a lot of people that owed tens of thousands of dollars in back taxes, penalties and interest. They settled claims with the IRS for as little as 10% of the total assessment from the IRS.

Some tax professionals charge a modest consulting fee or nothing. It could save you thousands even if you’re responsible for the taxes if you can get the IRS to accept a settlement offer.

#4615 3 months ago

This is after well over a year and numerous back and forth between my cpa and IRS unfortunately. So yea it is what it is. It’s a lot less than the first amount they wanted...

#4616 3 months ago

Looking for AFM LE and MM remake.

Let me know if anyone is thinking of selling

#4617 3 months ago

I have two extra sparkle gallon/spray bottle packages. $9 if you pick it up. PM me if interested. Highlands Ranch.

#4618 3 months ago

I’m looking to get rid of some things. I’ve been fixing pins for 20 years and I’ve accumulated....

Family Guy ramp - $0

IJ left (?) ramp - $0

TSPP center ramp (behind the garage, always chewed up) - $0

Parts (bin of parts, manuals mantis and cliffs protectors etc. only the parts are included, not the bin. Bring your own bag or I can give you some trash bags. Bin is $20) - $0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1cb8vcn8nx5pb3s/Photo%20Oct%2003%2C%2011%2014%2029%20AM.jpg?dl=0

Oscilloscope elenco s-1330 - $0 (leads if I find them) worked last time I used it, years ago.

Sencore tube rejuvenator, no manual. - $0

Super chexx guys. USA Canada complete maybe? With super chexx side art decal - $0

Possibly more if I find more...

#4619 3 months ago

MM front decal - $0

#4620 3 months ago

Anyone have an Iron Man Vault for sale? My neighbor is looking to get into the obsession.

#4621 3 months ago

Large toe plate attachment for escalera - $0

#4622 3 months ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I’m looking to get rid of some things. I’ve been fixing pins for 20 years and I’ve accumulated....
Family Guy ramp - $0
IJ left (?) ramp - $0
TSPP center ramp (behind the garage, always chewed up) - $0
Parts (bin of parts, manuals mantis and cliffs protectors etc. only the parts are included, not the bin. Bring your own bag or I can give you some trash bags. Bin is $20) - $0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1cb8vcn8nx5pb3s/Photo%20Oct%2003%2C%2011%2014%2029%20AM.jpg?dl=0
Oscilloscope elenco s-1330 - $0 (leads if I find them) worked last time I used it, years ago.
Sencore tube rejuvenator, no manual. - $0
Super chexx guys. USA Canada complete maybe? With super chexx side art decal - $0
Possibly more if I find more...

Dibs on the Super Chexx items...PM sent

#4623 3 months ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Large toe plate attachment for escalera - $0

Is the price negotiable? ...I'll take it.

#4625 3 months ago

who dunnit translite - $0

Afm habitrail - $0

Stern (newer) coin drawers - $0

Sparkle, 26fl spray bottles (several) - $0

Hakko808, I replaced it, but pump vaccume engages when triggered, broken? - $0

Top players golf MVS - $0

#4626 3 months ago

Such a great machine and theme. GLWS.

#4627 3 months ago

Is there an avengers pro anywhere to play yet in Colorado?

#4628 3 months ago
Quoted from JRBBRJ:

JJ has one on the floor at Game Ex. Played it a week ago.

#4629 3 months ago
Quoted from JRBBRJ:

Congrats for winning a new machine from Project pinball.

#4630 3 months ago

Ok i know someone needs to make room for their GNR. Who’s got an AFM LE or MM remake

#4631 3 months ago

The 1up Lodo has reopened
Monday - Thursday 3pm - 11pm
Friday - Sunday 11am - 11pm
Limited to 50 people
No reservations. Bring your mask and come on in.

#4632 3 months ago

Hello Pinball Community. we want your opinion on creating a new pinball festival. Warren of the 13th floor haunted house and I believe the colorado pinball community is one of the best in the nation and we want a pinball festival that would reflect that. I personally want to thank Steve for allowing me to post on his for sale thread. Aside from his Moon Pie fetish, he is very respected in this community. First, please note I had been an advocate of the previous showdown for many years, but after several attempts to bring local pinball leaders to attend the 2019 show, there is a division that cannot be bridged. furthermore, to see a dwindling tournament that doesn't support our local players is not acceptable. we would greatly appreciate any feedback. And if you are interested in helping the new pinball festival in anyway: bringing games, event planning, tournaments please email or text me at padawan3773@gmail.com , 7204470580. thank you, woon.

#4633 3 months ago

Considering selling my HUO AC/DC Luci. I am the original owner and live in the Denver area. It has a color DMD, shaker and stern glass. I thought I would put it out there and see if anyone is interested. PM me if you think you might be interested in purchasing it. I have no idea what demand in our area is like.

Edit: I am new to selling pins, so give me some slack if I do not follow standard rules.

#4634 3 months ago
Quoted from jayhawker1:

Hello Pinball Community. we want your opinion on creating a new pinball festival. Warren of the 13th floor haunted house and I believe the colorado pinball community is one of the best in the nation and we want a pinball festival that would reflect that.

A second annual CO pinball fest would be great! I just hope it's possible to coordinate scheduling to avoid overlap with the RMPS so I can attend both and enjoy double the pinball goodness.

#4635 3 months ago
Quoted from jayhawker1:

Hello Pinball Community.......

Please don't schedule it over a major holiday weekend.......

#4636 3 months ago

I agree fosaisu, we're not trying to step on anyone's toes. We feel there's an opportunity to create a great pinball festival that can stand alone from the showdown. and yes, no holidays!!!

#4637 3 months ago
Quoted from aztarac:

Please don't schedule it over a major holiday weekend.......

In Dan's defense, the old venue was going to royally screw him over and the new venue had literally no other open weekend from March until October except the Memorial Day weekend.

#4638 3 months ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

In Dan's defense, the old venue was going to royally screw him over and the new venue had literally no other open weekend from March until October except the Memorial Day weekend.

Then do it after October please. Memorial weekend is not good.

#4639 3 months ago
Quoted from The_1up:

The 1up Lodo has reopened
Monday - Thursday 3pm - 11pm
Friday - Sunday 11am - 11pm
Limited to 50 people
No reservations. Bring your mask and come on in.

When is the Colfax location opening?

#4640 3 months ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Then do it after October please. Memorial weekend is not good.

Yeah, I drove from Utah to Colorado last Thanksgiving, no thanks. I don't really feel liking killing my family for pinball.

#4641 3 months ago

Hi Leeb. this is woon. yea spring and fall is a hit or miss in colorado. regardless of the date set, one of the big complaints was the lack of communication to the pinball community. yes the showdown did reach out to LCP but in the end the view was that the showdown taking a dominance over lcp. the larger question is what is a 3 day show really for? at the end of the day, it's all the pinball community including the individuals that bring games, the venders and the local bars supporting a show. we feel the show should be a foundation for all who support the show to benefit their businesses and the community. to create an ambassadorship to pinball and leave it better than we found it.

#4642 3 months ago

I don't know what LCP (lyons pinball?) is or much about the drama in CO about your pinball scene, but I already PM'd you that I'd be willing to throw my hat back in the ring and drive 9 hours each way bringing games from Utah to support a new show, so there you go... Lee Best of luck, the more shows the better!

#4643 3 months ago

yea there was a little drama with lyons. but, I think good things will come out of this.

#4644 3 months ago

as for 1up. first round of beers on me when we meet!

#4645 3 months ago

Careful Woon lee likes to drink.

#4646 3 months ago

Drinking and Moon Pies?

#4647 3 months ago
Quoted from jayhawker1:

Drinking and Moon Pies?

Steve can have all the moon pies. Make sure they're banana.

#4648 3 months ago

I’m all in for another show! I’ll bring 5+ games.

#4649 3 months ago

Just to clear the air here... Lyons Classic Pinball has no drama with anyone. We held a Spring Classic annual tourney on Memorial weekend for yrs. The Showdown posted their dates last year as the same date (Memorial Day). We decided not to split the community or tourn and canceled our tourn and bitched to no one. The community bitched about it, not us. We saw that some folks decided not to go but we personally attended the show. We brought some of our best games over the years that we were happy to bring and show off some rarer games. Carole and I are no longer in the pinball business and would love to attend any pinball event that is anywhere close to us in CO. When we opened almost 18 yrs ago, there was not a lot of pinball to be had and now we have a ton. The more pinball the better!
Peace and love, peace and love.
K&C ex-LCP

#4650 3 months ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

When is the Colfax location opening?

No date set for reopening The 1up Colfax.
I will post here when there is more information to be shared.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 34.95
Electronics
PinSound
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 180.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Art of Pinball
$ 45.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Apparel - Men
Great American Pinball
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
€ 9.10
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 81.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
$ 5,999.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 4977 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 100.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside