IMG_6277_(resized).JPG
IMG_6278_(resized).JPG
IMG_6279_(resized).JPG
IMG_6280_(resized).JPG
IMG_6281_(resized).JPG
IMG_6282_(resized).JPG
IMG_6283_(resized).JPG
IMG_6284_(resized).JPG
There are 7,465 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 150.
#3451 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

I envision lots of tire-kicker time-wasters

yep. I've gone down this road a couple of times. I like to help, but for me to do the work there would need to be an upfront fee and then cash in my hand before I buy the machine.

#3452 5 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

I think it would involve figuring out a machine or range of machines they are interested in, finding the machine, and doing delivery/setup. Maybe in some ways, it would be like being a realtor for people buying pinball machines. Is there anyone out there who would want to provide this as a service? I think you could make a little bit of money on the side doing this for newbies and charging by the hour.
Discuss.

There is definitely a broker market out there, for new and for seasoned collectors.

A retailer is likely the best best option for newbies who aren't sure what's out there, how to tell if a deal is worth while and how to understand the basics of maintaining a game, so it's worth ponying up some extra money for the help, advice, possible transport, on top of finding their ideal game, and perhaps service later on. An individual could certainly do all that as well, but tend to be less reliable.

I had a neighbor willing to buy a Kings & Queens if I ever ran across one (still haven't to this day). It would have been worth it to both of us if I happened to find one, transport it, fix it up a bit, helped him install it, and tacked on $200 for the time, gas, and parts (we can argue separately if that even covers it). Broker is a better description for this than the term we are more familiar with (Flipper).

I have also talked to plenty of seasoned collectors that would gladly offer a finder's fee (aka broker fee) if someone could locate and secure a tough to find game for them in X condition, at Y cost, etc.

In other words, knowledge and connections can definitely bring value if someone wanted to do this... and let's face it, there are more people already doing that than we all realize, but outside of retailers, most do it in a more hidden way. New owners are a benefit to everyone in the hobby.

#3453 5 years ago

Anyone have a Cyclone for sale in Colorado?

#3454 5 years ago

yeah, and i am saying Ryan's idea leads to a more retail endeavor by a said entrepreneur - why would a person do this piecemeal instead of just becoming a brick and mortar location cause its a shit ton of work to do what Ryan is talking about so if you are all in go all in. It would either happen on purpose right away or it would transition into that over time by acquiring more games for future clients. but if i could add a pic in this thread its me beating a dead horse so that's that. I envision lots of tire-kicker time-wasters and getting stuck with games you don't want and plenty of sour gra

yeah, and i am saying Ryan's idea leads to a more retail endeavor by a said entrepreneur - why would a person do this piecemeal instead of just becoming a brick and mortar location cause its a shit ton of work to do what Ryan is talking about so if you are all in go all in. It would either happen on purpose right away or it would transition into that over time by acquiring more games for future clients. but if i could add a pic in this thread its me beating a dead horse so that's that. I envision lots of tire-kicker time-wasters and getting stuck with games you don't want and plenty of sour grapes.
i suppose if its a retiree who enjoys the hunt and has all the time in the world but doesnt want the games they could carve out a little market but theyd really have to enjoy the hunt! Who wants Gilbert the WOLFMAN setting up their games for em

You absolutely would not want the Wolfman setting up your game. I bought a few games from him a few years ago (IJ, TZ) that were well priced and needed work. Both ended up getting a total work over (coils, lights, anything you can rebuild, board work) by me and fortunately I more or less knew what I was getting into. The board work was sent out. Anything that Wolfman has for sale recently seems way over priced for what they get. His recent asking prices for heavily routed machines seem to be on par with good player quality ones. I would not want a total newbie to buy anything from him thinking that it would be plug and play.

Some of the problem arises when people come over to my house and play previously routed games. They see and play games that have been maintained and worked on almost to perfection and think to themselves, I want one of these. When they ask how much a machine costs in this condition they are invariable shocked. It is difficult to explain to them how much work goes into this. I usually tell people to look into new games and check out Game Exchange. I have also suggested Universal.

I think Ryan has the right idea.

#3455 5 years ago
Quoted from reynolds531:

You absolutely would not want the Wolfman setting up your game. I bought a few games from him a few years ago (IJ, TZ) that were well priced and needed work. Both ended up getting a total work over (coils, lights, anything you can rebuild, board work) by me and fortunately I more or less knew what I was getting into. The board work was sent out. Anything that Wolfman has for sale recently seems way over priced for what they get. His recent asking prices for heavily routed machines seem to be on par with good player quality ones. I would not want a total newbie to buy anything from him thinking that it would be plug and play.
Some of the problem arises when people come over to my house and play previously routed games. They see and play games that have been maintained and worked on almost to perfection and think to themselves, I want one of these. When they ask how much a machine costs in this condition they are invariable shocked. It is difficult to explain to them how much work goes into this. I usually tell people to look into new games and check out Game Exchange. I have also suggested Universal.
I think Ryan has the right idea.

yeah the wolfman comment was clearly a joke... (at least for anyone who knows who is is)

lets get back to a buy/sell/trade thread and if anyone wants more talk about this idea we can start a new thread but i have no desire.

#3456 5 years ago

Anyone on here pick up that Surf Side EM off craigslist?

Looking to pick one of those up if you decide to sell at some point or if its too much of a project for ya

#3457 5 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

I'm selling a very nice TOM that I could deliver anytime before Christmas. Also interested in some trades...
https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/54514022

Looks like TOM is sold. On with the hunt....

#3458 5 years ago

https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/54630054

Everyone is always looking for a South Park....right?

#3459 5 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/54630054
Everyone is always looking for a South Park....right?

I have to admit that I like the mindless play of a South Park (I still have to laugh when I create a "seven-assed monkey"), and it's a game that casual players walk away from feeling good about. In the 2's I can see it as a reasonable indulgence for a while. This seems pretty pricey.

...on a side note, everyone must be loving on BM66 and all of the new code it's getting. Doesn't seem to be any movement on it.

#3460 5 years ago

I have an Iron Maiden pro I’m thinking about selling/trading

I absolutely love this game and i will own one again I’m sure but I’ve had it for 2 months and i only have room for 1 pin in my house so I’m ready to play something else for a while.

It was originally on route i was the 2nd or 3rd owner. No issues plays as it should for being new.

$5,000 or trade for
Star Wars +cash
GOTG + cash
Deadpool
Maybe open to others never hurts to ask.

I can get photos for anyone interested

#3461 5 years ago

I'm ready to shake up my collection a bit. Many of you guys have played my machines. They're all in great shape. Pictures will follow, and I'll be posting on Craigslist soon.

Star Wars LE $7500
IMDN LE $9000
TWD LE $7700
X-Men LE $5500
GOT LE $7000
Tron Pro with Eli's mod and mini arcade $7700
Simpson's Pinball Party, collector quality $5700

#3462 5 years ago
Quoted from elguanaco:

Anyone have a Cyclone for sale in Colorado?

I'm looking for one too. Whoever has one for sale, I'll offer $1 over what elguanaco offers.

#3463 5 years ago

Is there anyone in northern CO(or willing to travel up to northern CO) who is familiar with the virtual pinball stuff. I have one that through the years has been slowly not working right and need someone knows what they are doing to help update my tables and whatnot on there.

1 week later
#3464 5 years ago

Is that Fathom on Craigslist anybody’s on this thread? I tried to contact the seller with no response.

#3465 5 years ago

Same. Tried to get ahold of the guy with no response just minutes after it was posted.

Looking for a twilight zone, World Cup soccer, baywatch, Congo, white water and open to other Williams/balky dmd games

#3466 5 years ago

Joe is trying to selling his really nice LOTR on CL and looking for a SPP. Might try a trade . . .

#3467 5 years ago
Quoted from PrinzFred:

Joe is trying to selling his really nice LOTR on CL and looking for a SPP. Might try a trade . . .

What is SPP?

#3468 5 years ago

My guess is TSPP with out the T. Simpsons Pinball Party?

#3469 5 years ago

Pinball Unknown sells virtual pinball machines locally. Of course they are not the same as real pinball but we go to great lengths to reproduce every mechanical feature from a real pinball machine, including accurate mechanical feedback that represents coils for bumpers/slings/flippers, a real plunger with full nudge capabilities, a DMD display, a 4K playfield display, a shaker motor, a replay knocker, rgb underglow, rgb flashers, strobes, beacons, a fan and a gear motor. We can even do surround sound feedback, which takes the experience to a whole new level of depth and realism. Virtual pinball has come a long way in the past few years and we are pioneering the best-valued virtual machines in the nation, if not the world. Even if you don’t buy one come check it out sometime! Www.facebook.com/pinballunknown

#3470 5 years ago

Has anyone noticed the new retro arcade section at Microcenter? They are carrying Suzo Happ buttons, some other brand of joysticks, t-molding, micro switches...

Not exactly game exchange, but mildly interesting.

#3471 5 years ago

If anyone is interested in a Munsters LE, I am giving up my slot with JJ at Game Exchange. He was almost sold out of his allotment on Tuesday, so if you are interested get with him ASAP.

#3472 5 years ago

Hi all....I'm looking for a project Mata Hari in the $400-$600 range within the Denver area (will travel to pick up within 150-200 miles). Should be complete/near complete, but does not need to work and playfield/plastics/backglass can be trashed. May pay more depending on condition/functionality.

#3474 5 years ago

It's local, though not for sale. Thought you guys might want a peek. Turned out pretty well.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1979-custom-rethemed-wwf-wrestling-superstars-pinball-machine#post-4771948

#3475 5 years ago

Happy New Year to everyone!

I still have a nice Dirty Harry for sale or trade

Currently interested in finding a Shadow, Fishtales, HUO Pro Kiss, HUO Pro TWD, HUO BBH, HUO NBA, HUO Pro Mustang, HUO RCT, HUO Nascar(looking to do a retheme), HUO/CQ Tommy, CQ Twister, CQ Godzilla. Please pm me if you have anything on my list you are interested in trading or selling. Thanks

#3476 5 years ago

I have a nice HUO Monopoly and really nice AC/DC Premium Vault listed here on the market place and on CL. Willing to work a decent deal for local pinsiders

#3477 5 years ago

well its been over a year since i last asked so:

anyone have a used Strikes and Spares playfield that they swapped out for a NOS or CPR one?

not looking to break the bank on this one, if it needs some touch ups thats fine. My playfield is trashed and the former owner repainted it very very poorly.

If i dont find one i think im just gonna sand it down to wood and clear coat it and have a blank strikes and spares lol

#3478 5 years ago

well its been over a year since i last asked so:
anyone have a used Strikes and Spares playfield that they swapped out for a NOS or CPR one?
not looking to break the bank on this one, if it needs some touch ups thats fine. My playfield is trashed and the former owner repainted it very very poorly.
If i dont find one i think im just gonna sand it down to wood and clear coat it and have a blank strikes and spares lol

I have an original Bally NOS playfield. PM if interested.

#3479 5 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Hi all....I'm looking for a project Mata Hari in the $400-$600 range within the Denver area (will travel to pick up within 150-200 miles). Should be complete/near complete, but does not need to work and playfield/plastics/backglass can be trashed. May pay more depending on condition/functionality.

Shout out to InfiniteLives - he set me up with his Mata Hari project and I picked it up on Friday. Looking forward to diving in during my weekend free times and getting her working again! Thanx man!

#3480 5 years ago

Any interest in a IMDN or TWD pro trade for a Star trek pro with a bunch of mods?

#3481 5 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Any interest in a IMDN or TWD pro trade for a Star trek pro with a bunch of mods?

Do you have the Star Trek and want an IMDN or TWD?

#3482 5 years ago

My Houdini with topper / blades is on CL for $5800 if anyone is looking for this title.

#3483 5 years ago

Looking for a Space Invaders Pin. Sold mine a few years ago and regretted it. As long as the playfield and backglass are good, I'm interested. I'm working and living in the Lone Tree area for the time being. PM me if you know of one for sale and thank you in advance!

#3484 5 years ago

I still need to lighten my collection for a 1400mi move. If you see anything in my collection of interest, PM me. These games are *very* nice (CQ TZ, CQ RS, CQ MM) therefore price expected to be commensurate with condition.

#3485 5 years ago
Quoted from dontpanicflip:

Do you have the Star Trek and want an IMDN or TWD?

if you wanna do a swap for my star trek for awhile so you can play/stream it id be down to do a non-permanent switcharoo for something else

if you didnt figure it out yet this is dave

#3486 5 years ago

if you wanna do a swap for my star trek for awhile so you can play/stream it id be down to do a non-permanent switcharoo for something else
if you didnt figure it out yet this is dave

Seems like they have a Star Trek with lots of mods to trade. That is how it reads.

#3487 5 years ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

Seems like they have a Star Trek with lots of mods to trade. That is how it reads.

yeah, if he is looking for a star trek just to stream he can use mine is all i was offering. hes local to me and streams on twitch

#3488 5 years ago

yeah, if he is looking for a star trek just to stream he can use mine is all i was offering. hes local to me and streams on twitch

We've planned a temp trade here soon but if he would like to consider your offer there's nothing set in stone as of yet.

#3489 5 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

We've planned a temp trade here soon but if he would like to consider your offer there's nothing set in stone as of yet.

Oh cool no worries, just being neighborly

#3490 5 years ago

Probably could have avoided all that ^^^ if I had checked the thread yesterday. My bad. PMd everyone and all good

Question: Anyone know where I can purchase new Demolition Man gun handles? I've looked online and haven't found any for sale in all the usual places.

#3492 5 years ago

Hi all,
Just posted my super nice Avatar Pro on C-List......went with high retail over there (5K) hoping for a rich guy....no concern for $$$...............am still trying to get $4200.00ish..................or 40-$100.00 dollar bills-this weekend.

Thanks alot-Kirk

denver.craigslist.org link

#3493 5 years ago

A relative is looking for a Ripley's so I thought I would ask if anyone had one for sale?

#3494 5 years ago

If anyone in Colorado has any pinball or arcade machines they want to sell but do not want to deal with Craigslist or Pinside please let me know. I have a laundry list of games that myself and friends are looking for. I have cash burning a hole in my pocket and can pick up at your location or home. Just thought I would mention it, because I have friends who want to sell/buy machines but do not want to deal with Craigslist and they are not on Pinside or Facebook. Not looking to pay full retail value but will pay fair market value. Let me know if you have anything-thanks.

#3496 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

If anyone in Colorado has any pinball or arcade machines they want to sell but do not want to deal with Craigslist or Pinside please let me know. I have a laundry list of games that myself and friends are looking for. I have cash burning a hole in my pocket and can pick up at your location or home. Just thought I would mention it, because I have friends who want to sell/buy machines but do not want to deal with Craigslist and they are not on Pinside or Facebook. Not looking to pay full retail value but will pay fair market value. Let me know if you have anything-thanks.

I have a ACDC Premium Vault up for sale, it’s listed here and craigslist.

#3497 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I have a ACDC Premium Vault up for sale, it’s listed here and craigslist

You may have to lower pricing, AC/DC is selling way below average right now. My old LUCI is currently posted on CL for $6000 and has been sitting for months. Really a good deal for someone looking for an AC/DC, surprised it hasn't sold yet honestly.

#3498 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

You may have to lower pricing, AC/DC is selling way below average right now. My old LUCI is currently posted on CL for $6000 and has been sitting for months. Really a good deal for someone looking for an AC/DC, surprised it hasn't sold yet honestly.

I’m willing to drop the price, just doing it slowly on a CL because people always chew ya down. I can pull the colordmd and drop 300 more.

#3499 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Kind of surprising as “HOT” as this game was before the vault. It as selling for crazy $ for a while. I suppose new games are now taking center stage.

#3500 5 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Kind of surprising as “HOT” as this game was before the vault.

Yes the game was sought after before the vault and now that there is more supply-it has drastically affected the pricing(supply and demand). Lots of used games that have been sitting on Denver CL for months now. Newer titles are giving people more choices and certain older titles are taking a hit. If they want them to move they will need to lower pricing to reflect today's current market. Lots of choices

There are 7,465 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 150.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colorado-whats-fsft/page/70?hl=canoncitypb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.