5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,180 posts
  • 269 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by OilGuy
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 161 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

twd-bg.IMG_20160507_112724_(resized).jpg
twd-pf.IMG_20160507_112528_(resized).jpg
twd-cab.IMG_20160507_112903_(resized).jpg
IMG_6271_(resized).JPG
IMG_6273_(resized).JPG
IMG_6274_(resized).JPG
IMG_6275_(resized).JPG
IMG_6276_(resized).JPG
IMG_6277_(resized).JPG
IMG_6278_(resized).JPG
IMG_6279_(resized).JPG
IMG_6280_(resized).JPG
IMG_6281_(resized).JPG
IMG_6282_(resized).JPG
IMG_6283_(resized).JPG
IMG_6284_(resized).JPG

There are 4180 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 84.
#3401 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

See 6 posts above yours, Pinstein has one for sale.

Displays all need work done, it looks like to me. He sent me pictures the other day.

#3402 1 year ago

I finally found my Paperboy! I am now in the process of doing a complete restore, and I am looking to find someone that has experience with applying new decals and overlay. I would like to pay someone to help me with restore process before I attempt everything on my own. If you have done decals before and have experience and want to earn some extra cash-please pm me. Thanks

-Still have a great condition Dirty Harry for possible trade/sale as well

#3403 1 year ago

I just listed a Big Hurt on Craigslist, not a very common game....

#3404 1 year ago

Going to put walking dead pro up for trade soon. Looking for GOT pro, GOTG pro, possibly SW pro, and may be open to other same range games

#3405 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I finally found my Paperboy! I am now in the process of doing a complete restore, and I am looking to find someone that has experience with applying new decals and overlay. I would like to pay someone to help me with restore process before I attempt everything on my own. If you have done decals before and have experience and want to earn some extra cash-please pm me. Thanks
-Still have a great condition Dirty Harry for possible trade/sale as well

how much for Dirty Harry? I have a few machines I"d trade or would be interested in paying cash.

#3406 1 year ago
Quoted from jake35:

how much for Dirty Harry? I have a few machines I"d trade or would be interested in paying cash.

It is near collector quality with a few minor cabinet blemishes that have been touched up. I was thinking $3200 OBO and honestly I am still really enjoying it and would prefer a trade but would sell outright. PM me if interested-I see some machines on your collection list I may be interested in.

#3407 1 year ago
Quoted from jerryl:

Want to Buy: The Addams Family
Looking for a friend, he's looking for a players game. Well, he's looking for a players quality game price anyway..... Anyone know of any in the area?
Jerry

Not exactly a players quality game price ($6K) but a nice looking example and local to Denver:

denver.craigslist.org link

#3408 1 year ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Not exactly a players quality game price ($6K) but a nice looking example and local to Denver:

Thanks, does anyone know who this is selling the games?
This 'might' be able to work. I have a players TAF I've been wanting to upgrade, could do the shuffle. I was hoping to get through my backlog of games before I got a another one, but I've never been very good at holding off picking up another...

Jerry

#3409 12 months ago

Everything looks to be about 20% overpriced to me...

Quoted from jerryl:

Thanks, does anyone know who this is selling the games?
This 'might' be able to work. I have a players TAF I've been wanting to upgrade, could do the shuffle. I was hoping to get through my backlog of games before I got a another one, but I've never been very good at holding off picking up another...
Jerry

#3410 12 months ago

Still have a black knight for trade. It does need new displays but is overall quite nice. Open to all offers. I hate listing on CL these days.

#3411 12 months ago

In the last year or so, I've probably had four or five people ask me to help them "buy a game".

It's always first time buyers, and I can see how they might want a helping hand since most perceive Craigslist or a distant seller on Ebay to be their only option.

I've got enough going on maintaining my own games and moving them around that I don't want to start doing something like that on the side. But at the same time, it would be great to be able to help these people!

I think it would involve figuring out a machine or range of machines they are interested in, finding the machine, and doing delivery/setup. Maybe in some ways, it would be like being a realtor for people buying pinball machines. Is there anyone out there who would want to provide this as a service? I think you could make a little bit of money on the side doing this for newbies and charging by the hour.

Discuss.

#3412 12 months ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

In the last year or so, I've probably had four or five people ask me to help them "buy a game".
It's always first time buyers, and I can see how they might want a helping hand since most perceive Craigslist or a distant seller on Ebay to be their only option.
I've got enough going on maintaining my own games and moving them around that I don't want to start doing something like that on the side. But at the same time, it would be great to be able to help these people!
I think it would involve figuring out a machine or range of machines they are interested in, finding the machine, and doing delivery/setup. Maybe in some ways, it would be like being a realtor for people buying pinball machines. Is there anyone out there who would want to provide this as a service? I think you could make a little bit of money on the side doing this for newbies and charging by the hour.
Discuss.

i think these people are always going to be needy and bug you for help. they need to man up and figure it out. do their own research, reach out for help (either here, or to someone they know in the hobby like you) but not rely on others to do everything for them. this is why i passed haha

owning a pin is not for the faint of heart. if you really want to be in this hobby they will need to start learning the ins and outs and how to fix at least basic things, etc. if they cant even find a machine and set it up themselves its gonna be a long road.

sounds harsh typing it out but thats my take. i feel like charging a newbie by the hour and nickle and diming them isnt a good look for the hobby and would feel sh*5ty doing it to anyone, especially people i know. if it was someone i knew i would 100% help them for free and get them going as long as they knew im not their free tech and they are going to have to have the desire to learn how to maintain these bad boys

either buy new and get the white glove service and have less worries or learn how to get a game and fix em up yourself if you buy an older used game.

#3413 12 months ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Discuss.

I've had people ask me this. Problem is you do the leg work, finally find a pin, and then when it comes to buying the people back out. These have all been friends so no big deal. Just make sure the people are really ready to drop a couple grand on a pin or it becomes frustrating....

#3414 12 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Want to buy, Bobby Orr's Power Play. I'm helping a newbie search for his first game and he desires a Bobby Orr Power Play.

No longer needed. My friend has backed out due to "wife" issues.

#3415 12 months ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

owning a pin is not for the faint of heart. if you really want to be in this hobby they will need to start learning the ins and outs and how to fix at least basic things, etc. if they cant even find a machine and set it up themselves its gonna be a long road.

sounds harsh typing it out but thats my take. i feel like charging a newbie by the hour and nickle and diming them isnt a good look for the hobby and would feel sh*5ty doing it to anyone, especially people i know. if it was someone i knew i would 100% help them for free and get them going as long as they knew im not their free tech and they are going to have to have the desire to learn how to maintain these bad boys

either buy new and get the white glove service and have less worries or learn how to get a game and fix em up yourself if you buy an older used game.

Or be me and call Paul or Tom at least once a month and give them a list of everything I need done! I don't have enough time in my life to play them as much as I want, let alone fix them too!

#3416 12 months ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Or be me and call Paul or Tom at least once a month and give them a list of everything I need done! I don't have enough time in my life to play them as much as I want, let alone fix them too!

hah, yeah, something tells me the clientele Ryan is talking about aren't the ones shelling out them NIB dollas and paying for monthly tech calls

#3417 12 months ago

So a routed WD sold in less than a day with asking price of $4500? Was gone before I could escape work to go have a look... sheesh

#3418 12 months ago
Quoted from manadams:

So a routed WD sold in less than a day with asking price of $4500? Was gone before I could escape work to go have a look... sheesh

'Tis the Season!

#3419 12 months ago

i think these people are always going to be needy and bug you for help. they need to man up and figure it out. do their own research, reach out for help (either here, or to someone they know in the hobby like you) but not rely on others to do everything for them. this is why i passed haha

I feel exactly the same way about fixing computers for others.

https://www.thinkgeek.com/product/388b/

#3420 12 months ago

I'm selling a very nice TOM that I could deliver anytime before Christmas. Also interested in some trades...

https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/54514022

#3421 12 months ago

Anyone have additional info on this BK posted on Denver's CL today?

The post description and two photos are a bit sparse. I'd contact the seller for more info but I already have a working BK in reliable, above average shape and I don't want to give the seller the impression that I'm a serious buyer. I'm just curious about condition, if it has original boards, etc. etc. The only thing I don't like about my BK (and its minor) is the playfield - while overall good looking cosmetically, has some cupping around several inserts and one worn spot on the right magnasave (I have a replacement mylar for it but haven't put it on yet). If somehow the condition blew away my current BK I might consider it and then sell mine.

#3422 12 months ago

So..."get off my lawn"?

There's nothing wrong with someone wanting to pay for a few guitar lessons even though the resources exist for them to learn it on their own.

I've helped good friends for free before, and it will happen again in the future. I wish I could help everyone, but I can't. There are some people willing to pay a little bit for this, and I could have made many referrals by now.

I'm not asking anyone to step up and do it, just suggesting there is a market for it. Just like there is a market for pinball repair house calls. Let's not turn this into a pinball gatekeeping kind of thing.

#3423 12 months ago

Somewhat relatedly, is there anyone who would transport machines locally, for money?

#3424 12 months ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

There's nothing wrong with someone wanting to pay for a few guitar lessons even though the resources exist for them to learn it on their own.

Yes! The guitargument!! Lol
I think the Infinite Lives guy would not be willing to learn how to tune the guitar, but wants to know how to shred.

#3425 12 months ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

So..."get off my lawn"?
I've helped good friends for free before, and it will happen again in the future. I wish I could help everyone, but I can't. There are some people willing to pay a little bit for this, and I could have made many referrals by now.
I'm not asking anyone to step up and do it, just suggesting there is a market for it. Just like there is a market for pinball repair house calls. Let's not turn this into a pinball gatekeeping kind of thing.

Okay I know you are at least semi joking with the Get of my lawn stuff but not sure if you did not read my entire post or I did not articulate it well enough.

basically, the request has many moving parts that will most likely cause one, if not both parties to feel bad about the experience.

these are 3 of many variables

1) location of game - most likely some drive time is going to be needed, so is this person paying you by the hour and paying your gas, etc

2) condition of the game - everyone has different expectations and definitions of things such as "shopped". as you know, pictures are not going to tell the whole story so this person is going to rely on you for your opinion on the game.

3) cost of the game - we all have different ways of valuing games and we all have different levels of, lets call it "cheapassness" haha

As most of us know, getting to a good deal game you need to be quick and be able to get there have have cash on hand. is this person going to give you a bunch of his/her cash to make these choices for them or do you need to pony up the cash upfront then sell it back to the client?

How much is all this worth to someone to pay and worth to someone as their time? Then you have the set up, small issues that arise, etc. Hard to have a fair value for both parties imo

I know you didnt specifically call me it but I honestly take offensive to the gate keeping remark. As I stated, I help people for free all the time and do not want to be paid and said I would feel shitty charging someone to help them get into the hobby...I even told you Id help your friend out for free when you first approached me about this. I text people looking for games weekly on deals Ive found helping them get into a game. Ive ran a beginners pinball league teaching basics for over two years and show people in my home how to do basic repairs and soldering skills. A player from my first beginners league won your monthly tournament this month. I borrow out tools and boards to anyone who asks who needs help troubleshooting or fixing a machine. //shrug

ill still buy my leds from you tho

Quoted from DNO:

Yes! The guitargument!! Lol
I think the Infinite Lives guy would not be willing to learn how to tune the guitar, but wants to know how to shred.

i traded my last guitar and amp for a neo geo cabaret like 6 years ago DNO, I can bring a cd of my highschools band "Infinite Lives" for you to jam out to at the Pinball Carnage its probably not very good tho so i wont put you thru that hah

i still dont get your joke tho about wanting to shred but not wanted to learn how to tune, that would be better equated to the people Ryan is trying to setup games for

#3426 12 months ago

Sorry for offending you infinitelives. I'm very aware of all good things you do for pinball.

I'm not hell bent on charging people to get into the hobby, and I'm bummed that my posts have been interpreted that way.

#3427 12 months ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Sorry for offending you infinitelives. I'm very aware of all good things you do for pinball.
I'm not hell bent on charging people to get into the hobby, and I'm bummed that my posts have been interpreted that way.

i just think people need to take initiative, people are too lazy for me these days, and stay off my lawn!

im gonna use this a bulletin board material ala Michael Jordan and take it to you when we play head to head next

back to overpriced games for sale in 3, 2, 1

#3428 12 months ago

im gonna use this a bulletin board material ala Michael Jordan and take it to you when we play head to head next

Good. You'll need it!

#3429 12 months ago

You guys are both great.

This whole discussion is really about potential pinheads that aren’t as hardcore as any of us. I know plenty of people that just have one game in their basement. They don’t play in tournaments, and they aren’t on Pinside. But they are still potential pinheads. I think what you are suggesting could make the hobby more approachable to them.

If someone with lots of pinball knowledge offered negotiation, pickup, delivery, setup and support, that has lots of value. Not everyone that wants to have pinball wants to learn how to fix them. Just like some people play music but others just want to listen.

I imagine someone getting a panel van and traveling the state (and beyond?) doing deals, pickups, drop offs, support and also managing games on location.

Frankly, it sounds like a fun gig.

#3430 12 months ago
Quoted from Russell:

Frankly, it sounds like a fun gig.

sounds like a nightmare to me but yeah I think it would need to be someone fully committed and as their only job as the time and effort involved to continually provide such a service would be a lot

#3431 12 months ago

My buddy helped me buy my first pin 5 years ago, a DESW. At the time I thought I would own it forever and it would be the only one.....

#3432 12 months ago
Quoted from Russell:

If someone with lots of pinball knowledge offered negotiation, pickup, delivery, setup and support, that has lots of value.

https://gameexchange.biz/ - I referred my friend there for when he's ready.

#3433 12 months ago

I'll throw in the target market perspective, as I'm probably the type of person Ryan is talking about. I don't think he's talking about someone who is scared to buy a machine because of the technical aspects. I think he's talking about someone who 1) wants to get into pinball but wants to be sure and not get ripped off or 2) can't find a machine they want that isn't 300 miles away or more.

Quoted from Mr68:

https://gameexchange.biz/ - I referred my friend there for when he's ready.

I bought my first game from JJ for the exact reasons Ryan discussed...I wanted a machine, but wasn't going to buy my first from an unknown person. I also didn't have the pinball knowledge (or friends in the hobby) to know if a machine is worth the money being asked. GEX was the only place I felt comfortable buying my first machine. And even though they had some used machines, they didn't have any I wanted. So I bought new.

However, the second part is where the real service comes in. Finding the machine that a customer wants right now would be a valuable service. My limited exposure to pinball has shown me that it is a seller's hobby. How often does a machine that you really want come available at a condition you want and a price you're willing to pay? How often is that machine local (one hour or less). Even when a local ad pops up with a reasonbly priced machine (or especially a good deal), you'd better be prepared to drop what you're doing. Nothing lasts long. And the shorter your list, the harder it is to get. A distributor isn't going to perform this service. They may notify a great customer if a specific machine comes in on trade, but we aren't talking about that demographic.

There are a lot of details to work out, escrowing funds or contracts so the "broker" isn't stuck, agreeing to condition definitions, etc, but I think there would be a market for it. Money and impatience is a powerful combo.

#3434 12 months ago

Bought my first game at GEX also... But it was way before JJ. I bought a Cpt Fantastic from those guys in 1995. Came back in a month or so and bought a Stern Galaxy. Sometimes it is hard to put a price on an invaluable service that a good local dealer can provide!

#3435 12 months ago

Totally. Game Exchange is a great option.

#3436 12 months ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I'll throw in the target market perspective, as I'm probably the type of person Ryan is talking about. I don't think he's talking about someone who is scared to buy a machine because of the technical aspects. I think he's talking about someone who 1) wants to get into pinball but wants to be sure and not get ripped off or 2) can't find a machine they want that isn't 300 miles away or more.

I bought my first game from JJ for the exact reasons Ryan discussed...I wanted a machine, but wasn't going to buy my first from an unknown person. I also didn't have the pinball knowledge (or friends in the hobby) to know if a machine is worth the money being asked. GEX was the only place I felt comfortable buying my first machine. And even though they had some used machines, they didn't have any I wanted. So I bought new.
However, the second part is where the real service comes in. Finding the machine that a customer wants right now would be a valuable service. My limited exposure to pinball has shown me that it is a seller's hobby. How often does a machine that you really want come available at a condition you want and a price you're willing to pay? How often is that machine local (one hour or less). Even when a local ad pops up with a reasonbly priced machine (or especially a good deal), you'd better be prepared to drop what you're doing. Nothing lasts long. And the shorter your list, the harder it is to get. A distributor isn't going to perform this service. They may notify a great customer if a specific machine comes in on trade, but we aren't talking about that demographic.
There are a lot of details to work out, escrowing funds or contracts so the "broker" isn't stuck, agreeing to condition definitions, etc, but I think there would be a market for it. Money and impatience is a powerful combo.

basically this scenario leads to someone acquiring a bunch of used machines over time for this purpose and selling them at "retail" prices. there are several of these places in colorado. check out all the deals you can get from the folks over at universal sales,They dont post their prices anymore you have to call for em http://universalpinball.net/

capitalism baby! someones gonna make that buck

basically if you want the best deal you gotta do the work. if you dont want to put in the effort to get a good deal, you will pay for it

if someone took over this "business" opportunity they are going to want to be compensated for their efforts, which circles back around to it equating to buying used retail and having them set it up for you.

The people being described in this scenario are exactly the people that should be buying retail (either new or used) with a "white glove service"

or prepare to get phone calls on thanksgiving and christmas when the entire family is over and a flipper gets stuck up from a bad coil stop or sleeve and they need your help.

#3437 12 months ago
Quoted from Russell:

If someone with lots of pinball knowledge offered negotiation, pickup, delivery, setup and support, that has lots of value. Not everyone that wants to have pinball wants to learn how to fix them.

This is when someone wants to find a local dealer, that is what they do.

If you need help finding a game, delivery, service, and support in Colorado, then find your local dealer. There is no one better suited to offer these services, go shopping, look at games, choose one and get full service...

Older games I would say a local repair guy could do all that is mentioned. The ones in my area are retired and like doing on the side. They typically have a good relationship with local dealers as well.

#3438 12 months ago

I started with CL. I got lucky with my first pin A DM. Then again with CL and got a good T2. I bought my Tron from Pinball Universe out of Grand Junction. I cant say enough good things about the experience. Now I am looking for a good condition Black Knight. I am hoping to find one with a playfield with no raised or cupped inserts, no wear, and no mylar. (I am pretty nervous about potential paint removal if the mylar had to come off) I am still pretty new to the pinball owning game. I think being new one of the big things is worrying about getting screwed on a purchase. Pinside is a great site for finding answers for sure.

#3439 12 months ago

basically this scenario leads to someone acquiring a bunch of used machines over time for this purpose and selling them at "retail" prices. there are several of these places in colorado. check out all the deals you can get from the folks over at universal sales,They dont post their prices anymore you have to call for em http://universalpinball.net/
capitalism baby! someones gonna make that buck
basically if you want the best deal you gotta do the work. if you dont want to put in the effort to get a good deal, you will pay for it
if someone took over this "business" opportunity they are going to want to be compensated for their efforts, which circles back around to it equating to buying used retail and having them set it up for you.
The people being described in this scenario are exactly the people that should be buying retail (either new or used) with a "white glove service"
or prepare to get phone calls on thanksgiving and christmas when the entire family is over and a flipper gets stuck up from a bad coil stop or sleeve and they need your help.

I think that we're talking about two different things. I'm not talking about a brick and mortar business where you're buying something on their floor. I'm talking about, and I think Ryan was too, about a broker service...buying a machine specifically FOR a customer. If someone asked GEX to find a "(insert game) between $3k and $3.5k, fully funtioning with good playfield and minor cabinet blemishes", they wouldn't do it. I've never heard of Universal before, so I don't know if they would search out a specifc machine for an individual.

Of course there would be a profit involved for the broker, but there wouldn't be after-service involved necessarily. If that was part of the deal, then yes. But if the agreement is procurement only, then call a tech. Using Ryan's own example, I don't call my real estate agent when my roof leaks.

I saw this hypothetical as a specialized service procuring specific games for single customers that don't have the patience, knowledge or simple desire to "hunt" for their own. There wouldn't be any capital outlay for the broker other than travel and/or shipping. Nothing on the order of holding a Universal type stock. I also don't think that it would generate the kind of money it would take to be a full time operation. But I think it could be a profitable for someone.

#3440 12 months ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I've never heard of Universal before, so I don't know if they would search out a specifc machine for an individual.

They do, and they did so for me last year. I wanted to get into pinball ownership and I was not going to be happy unless my first pin was my favorite all-time game, Eight Ball Deluxe. I watched CL for about 6 months - nothing local. I watched Pinside just to get an idea of what's out there and for how much, but I was not interested at that time in buying a pin I couldn't play first, blindly from a stranger, and then be responsible for setting it up myself (after 4 more pins and many misc repairs, maintenance, and moving pins around I'm confident in doing this now). However, with that first pin, I wanted to buy something local and with a little support to get my feet wet.

I found Universal and Todd was friendly and, more importantly, was quick to communicate via email and text message. I visited his shop and saw his inventory, repair area, and met a couple of techs who were also friendly. Even with my limited experience, I could tell his pins were a bit overpriced but I don't fault him for that....he's been in business for 20+ years, it's what the market will bear, and he has a business premises to maintain and employees to pay. I told him what I was looking for (EBD, 1981 or 1984 but not the Limited version in the Centaur cabinet, 100% functional, playfield ok, cabinet could be rough). It took a little more than 2 months, but he found one for me and got it in. I went and looked at it at his shop with no commitment, played it, and immediately knew I wanted it. Playfield was in very nice shape except for two small spots near the slingshots. All original boards, all working. Backglass nearly perfect. The cabinet paint was faded and there were lots of dings, scratches, and markings in the wood. Didn't care - it was going to be my machine and it worked. I may have overpaid a bit ($3K) but I didn't have any technical experience with pins yet and he was going to deliver it to my house, take it downstairs to my basement, set it up, and make sure everything still worked 100% after transport. Then he hit me with "are you sure you want this faded, dinged and scratched cabinet" and offered to sand, refinish, fill in all the cracks and holes, and apply fresh paint with new stencils for $500. He showed me examples of his work in his shop and I said "ya, let's go for it". And I'm really glad I did - my EBD is reliable, looks great, plays great, and I will never, never sell it. That experience got me into pins and since then I've bought and set up on my own with confidence a NIB ST Pro, a Black Knight that I needed to revive in order to play (flipper rebuild, coil replacements, leaking caps on the sound board, and a power PCB replacement) which was purchased over Facebook and shipped to me, and a dead Mata Hari I got via CL, got it working, and flipped for a $100 profit (didn't really care about the money...just wanted to gain experience).

#3441 12 months ago

i still dont get your joke tho about wanting to shred but not wanted to learn how to tune, that would be better equated to the people Ryan is trying to setup games for

"Infinite Lives Guy" was the hypothetical guy that you described having trouble.
Should have went back and clarified, I knew it would prolly be misunderstood as you, lol

#3442 12 months ago

So with all that being said, who has project games for sale?

#3443 12 months ago

Finding project games is easy, finding them for less than retail prices though, not so much.

Quoted from Its_me_aj:

#3444 12 months ago

Anyone have interest in a HUO Game Of Thrones LE, open to sale or trades. I'll probably get formal ad together in coming week but putting feeler out now.

#3445 12 months ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Anyone have interest in a HUO Game Of Thrones LE, open to sale or trades. I'll probably get formal ad together in coming week but putting feeler out now.

Anyone can call it a "project game" as well if they'd like - you go the bank, withdraw money, buy the game and have a project on your hands of where to put it in your house and plug it in.

#3446 12 months ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

its_me_aj You should favorite this forum. I post a lot of projects over there.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-project-pins-for-sale-here-cl-ebay-pinside-and-others/page/227#post-4734501

#3447 12 months ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I think that we're talking about two different things. I'm not talking about a brick and mortar business where you're buying something on their floor. I'm talking about, and I think Ryan was too, about a broker service...buying a machine specifically FOR a customer. If someone asked GEX to find a "(insert game) between $3k and $3.5k, fully funtioning with good playfield and minor cabinet blemishes", they wouldn't do it. I've never heard of Universal before, so I don't know if they would search out a specifc machine for an individual.
Of course there would be a profit involved for the broker, but there wouldn't be after-service involved necessarily. If that was part of the deal, then yes. But if the agreement is procurement only, then call a tech. Using Ryan's own example, I don't call my real estate agent when my roof leaks.
I saw this hypothetical as a specialized service procuring specific games for single customers that don't have the patience, knowledge or simple desire to "hunt" for their own. There wouldn't be any capital outlay for the broker other than travel and/or shipping. Nothing on the order of holding a Universal type stock. I also don't think that it would generate the kind of money it would take to be a full time operation. But I think it could be a profitable for someone.

yeah, and i am saying Ryan's idea leads to a more retail endeavor by a said entrepreneur - why would a person do this piecemeal instead of just becoming a brick and mortar location cause its a shit ton of work to do what Ryan is talking about so if you are all in go all in. It would either happen on purpose right away or it would transition into that over time by acquiring more games for future clients. but if i could add a pic in this thread its me beating a dead horse so that's that. I envision lots of tire-kicker time-wasters and getting stuck with games you don't want and plenty of sour grapes.

i suppose if its a retiree who enjoys the hunt and has all the time in the world but doesnt want the games they could carve out a little market but theyd really have to enjoy the hunt! Who wants Gilbert the WOLFMAN setting up their games for em

#3448 12 months ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Anyone have interest in a HUO Game Of Thrones LE, open to sale or trades

I'll trade you for a nice Champion Pub.

KIDDING!

#3449 12 months ago

yeah, and i am saying Ryan's idea leads to a more retail endeavor by a said entrepreneur - why would a person do this piecemeal instead of just becoming a brick and mortar location cause its a shit ton of work to do what Ryan is talking about so if you are all in go all in. It would either happen on purpose right away or it would transition into that over time by acquiring more games for future clients. but if i could add a pic in this thread its me beating a dead horse so that's that. I envision lots of tire-kicker time-wasters and getting stuck with games you don't want and plenty of sour grapes.
i suppose if its a retiree who enjoys the hunt and has all the time in the world but doesnt want the games they could carve out a little market but theyd really have to enjoy the hunt! Who wants Gilbert the WOLFMAN setting up their games for em

Agreed...horse is dead!! So now that EL has put up a couple trillion on BM66, is anyone looking to get rid of theirs because it's just hopeless?

#3450 12 months ago
Quoted from Bendit:

I'll trade you for a nice Champion Pub.

KIDDING!

As if the dagger wasn't already deep enough. I'm holding off and waiting for this!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 24.50
$ 6,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
£ 80.00
Playfield - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 6.95
$ 65.00
$ 8.00
Cabinet Parts
RPGCor
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Whitewater pinball mods
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
$ 70.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Pinball Vault
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
There are 4180 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 84.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside