IMG_6277_(resized).JPG
IMG_6278_(resized).JPG
IMG_6279_(resized).JPG
IMG_6280_(resized).JPG
IMG_6281_(resized).JPG
IMG_6282_(resized).JPG
IMG_6283_(resized).JPG
IMG_6284_(resized).JPG
There are 7,460 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 150.
#2751 6 years ago

Early heads up likely going to be putting my players condition Funhouse up for sale in the near future. I have had it for 6 years, it's seen better days but always played perfect. Awesome candidate for a restore/playfield swap or just having a Funhouse to play

#2753 6 years ago

Looking for a Harlem Globetrotters (or something in similar era). Please PM me if you have any leads or willing to part ways with your own. Cheers!

#2754 6 years ago

recently picked up a Harlem Globetrotters, great game! Good luck in your search!

#2755 6 years ago

Anyone looking to part with an MM or MMR?

#2756 6 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Anyone looking to part with an MM or MMR?

Not mine but there's this

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/57015

#2757 6 years ago

Wesly Cowan had his on DCL Not sure if he sold it yet. (MM)

#2758 6 years ago

At $7,500 it's too close to a new one.

Quoted from whthrs166:

Wesly Cowan had his on DCL Not sure if he sold it yet. (MM)

#2759 6 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

At $7,500 it's too close to a new one.

I saw his ad in December and decided the same thing. For less than $1000 more I got a new one with color DMD.

#2760 6 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I saw his ad in December and decided the same thing. For less than $1000 more I got a new one with color DMD.

Understood, I am sure that was the right move for you. However, there have been a lot of people wanting an original instead of a remake and they will pay that. It seems some folks don't want the remake new or otherwise and prefer the original because they believe that the originals are better games and will hold their long term value better than the remakes.

#2761 6 years ago

Yeah, well, AFMre is a beauty. I'd opt for the remake in this case.

#2762 6 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Yeah I did too! Can't beat that LE.

#2763 6 years ago

Hey everyone,

One of my regulars up here at Blizzard is looking for either a Whirlwind or an Earthshaker. Does anyone have any leads on one?

Thanks,

Kevin

#2764 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevkat:

One of my regulars up here at Blizzard is looking for either a Whirlwind or an Earthshaker. Does anyone have any leads on one?

You've got Both!!

#2765 6 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

You've got Both!!

I do, but he's looking for ones that are actually for sale!

#2766 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevkat:

everythings for sale at the right price

#2767 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

everythings for sale at the right price

Birthday tournament trophies?

#2768 6 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Birthday tournament trophies?

Haha, you going to come and try and win one?

#2769 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevkat:

What ya do....
Is find a nicer one than yours, and sell!!

#2770 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Understood, I am sure that was the right move for you. However, there have been a lot of people wanting an original instead of a remake and they will pay that. It seems some folks don't want the remake new or otherwise and prefer the original because they believe that the originals are better games and will hold their long term value better than the remakes.

I'm not judging anyone's purchases. I get the original vs remake arguments. But the post I was responding to seemed clear that he didn't value an original over the remake at the same price. Starting out, I just want to play great games. I'm sure at some point I'll cross over from player to collector and have to sell my abomination!!

#2771 6 years ago

RE: Remakes vs. Original pins. The new Williams reproductions are 10X the machines as the originals, IMHO. Better at everything. But then I know there are reasons to own the original just like there are reasons to own Bell Labs dial phones. Collectors items.

#2772 6 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

Is find a nicer one than yours, and sell!!

Oh man. I cannot start doing this. It will be the end of me.

Quoted from mcbPalisade:

The new Williams reproductions are 10X the machines as the originals

Really? Care to elaborate on this? 10 times eh?

#2773 6 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

RE: Remakes vs. Original pins. The new Williams reproductions are 10X the machines as the originals, IMHO. Better at everything. But then I know there are reasons to own the original just like there are reasons to own Bell Labs dial phones. Collectors items.

10x is an impossible number lol, just pumping up a game he bought is all.

is it 10x better that you cannot change out the insert bulbs cause they are surface mounted pcbs? or all the folks who got the fucked up inserts 10x happier than if they had a nice original?

Not saying its a bad product or game, im sure you love yours, just saying that 10x is ignorant pandering.

Words mean something damnit! You cannot say "10x the machine as the originals" followed by IMHO, "in my HUMBLE opinion" then follow that up by saying "Better at everything". Just a ridiculous statement.

#2774 6 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Oh man. I cannot start doing this. It will be the end of me.

Really? Care to elaborate on this? 10 times eh?

10 just popped into my head, pick some number. 2, 5, 3.1415926. Or -1 if you own the original.

There are multiple LEDs per PCB alleviating most need to ever change the LEDS. That approaches 10 in my mind. Never mess with it EVER, try that with bulbs.

As far as "games I own" I think Chicago Gaming only did an OK job on MMr. I like the game because it makes me smile.

Ridiculous is as ridiculous does, LLJ is that you? Horned helmet & all

#2775 6 years ago

Words mean something damnit!

THEY DO NOT! ( - :

And on the subject of words mattering "You can't just say..." is wrong because I DID just say. Maybe you meant "shouldn't".

Always semantics with me

#2776 6 years ago

I stopped in to Game Exchange a few weeks ago to check out the Attack From Mars remake. Yikes, what a beautiful machine and it played very smooth.
It was dumb luck for me that JJ was on vacation as it wouldn't have taken much to get my credit card out.

#2777 6 years ago

10x better is a silly number. I can appreciate the original ones, but for me the opportunity to get a NIB classic is awesome! 10x better? No

#2778 6 years ago

This thread will be 10x better if we can set aside that particular debate.

#2779 6 years ago

k

#2780 6 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

This thread will be 10x better if we can set aside that particular better debate.

Yep super silly when all we should be debating is why Congo is the greatest game ever made by 10x more than any other game and the 2nd best movie ever made as well

#2781 6 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Yep super silly when all we should be debating is why Congo is the greatest game ever made by 10x more than any other game and the 2nd best movie ever made as well

What's #1? The Big Lebowski?

#2782 6 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

What's #1? The Big Lebowski?

Obviously you’ve never seen The Shadow.

#2783 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Obviously you’ve never seen The Shadow

Obviously you all have never seen Johnny Mnemonic

#2784 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Obviously you’ve never seen The Shadow.

Quoted from bemmett:

Obviously you all have never seen Johnny Mnemonic

I havent seen either whose hosting a movie/pinball night!

#2785 6 years ago

AFMr 7x better, Congo 21x better

#2786 6 years ago

I havent seen either whose hosting a movie/pinball night!

I realized when looking at IPDB about my Meteor that the backglass is copied from an old movie.
So I need to watch Meteor! I've seen pretty much all the others, even if I fell asleep during half of them.
Demolition Man is 10x better than all of them though....

#2787 6 years ago

Since this started as a remake vs original "debate", the real question is why Stern didn't include the new Ghostbusters movie into the theme. It's 10x the movie the original was!! ( can't believe I need this, but you never know)

#2788 6 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

I realized when looking at IPDB about my Meteor that the backglass is copied from an old movie.
So I need to watch Meteor! I've seen pretty much all the others, even if I fell asleep during half of them.
Demolition Man is 10x better than all of them though....

would you rather play the hobbit all day or have to watch the movies again?

#2789 6 years ago

HMMMMMM Flip a Coin...... OK lets play!

#2790 6 years ago

Falling asleep either way.

#2791 6 years ago

#2792 6 years ago

What do you mean "again"? Never watched those obvious money grabs in the first place.

#2794 6 years ago

Wow - I wonder how many sellers respond to all the “wanted huo games still in production” adds you see on Denver cl??? That kind of crap clogs up cL imho.

#2795 6 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Wow - I wonder how many sellers respond to all the “wanted huo games still in production” adds you see on Denver cl??? That kind of crap clogs up cL imho.

Consumers with ( Buyers remorse) . And Savvy pinheads with funds.
"You will survive " Jerry Garcia

#2796 6 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

What I have experienced is most of the "Wanted To Buy" ads are people that want to buy but don't want to pay anything. I found myself thinking "why doesn't he just buy the one listed"

#2797 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

What I have experienced is most of the "Wanted To Buy" ads are people that want to buy but don't want to pay anything. I found myself thinking "why doesn't he just buy the one listed"

That and why doesn’t he put a shirt on....

#2798 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Quoted from Waldo:

That and why doesn’t he put a shirt on....

I have my reasons on both accounts. Personal attacks on my profile photo in jest or through PM I have recently received .Yes a Colorado pinside member actually sent me a PM with a negative critique on my profile photo really blew my mind on how insensitive and inconsiderate this individual was. And to then thumbs up is stupid and petty.And not kind or called for. Really . Who cares. I realize it is kind of self absorbed & absurd. I do not care it is me. My personalty . I came back from the brink of (death) from addiction . I should not even be alive . Some one "Up there like me ".Thank the lord. My photo is testament to my sobriety and my physique at age 50 to get my life together and I am damn proud of my self and not afraid to declare it to the world. I do not appreciate your negativity bias and lack of support guys . This forum bums me out. As I am a sensitive individual .

#2799 6 years ago

I am more annoyed by the craigslist ads that appear under Pinball searches but having nothing to do with Pinball. What’s with the f-ing outdoor research beanies that have been on there for 6 months?

RobNapp, congrats on overcoming a negative addiction in your life and looking as good as you do. You be you, man!

#2800 6 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Yeah but you aren’t seeing originals planking and the fading so quickly. Look at the one at game exchange it was made in October and the orange is white from fading. It also had 4 hairline breaks in the planking on playfeild. I have bought both remakes LE’s nib but there are plus and minuses to both. I would take whthrs original heavily moded MM over my Purchased remakes any day. A great orginal is hard to beat. That said a worn out one is “worn out.” The remakes are incredible games but time will tell how they last and the quality hasn’t been great despite what cheerleaders say.

There are 7,460 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 150.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colorado-whats-fsft/page/56?hl=bendit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.