IMG_6277_(resized).JPG
IMG_6278_(resized).JPG
IMG_6279_(resized).JPG
IMG_6280_(resized).JPG
IMG_6281_(resized).JPG
IMG_6282_(resized).JPG
IMG_6283_(resized).JPG
IMG_6284_(resized).JPG
There are 7,454 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 150.
#2701 6 years ago
Quoted from GamesGuy5280:

Did anyone from this group snag that CL Spectrum that popped up yesterday?

Not sure it sold, he has been posting it on CL on and off for months now. It is also listed on Pinside.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/54738

#2702 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Not sure it sold, he has been posting it on CL on and off for months now. It is also listed on Pinside.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/54738

I think that there have been three Spectrums on CL in relatively recent times.
There is the one you mention.

The second one, which I believe is different is:
denver.craigslist.org link

The third one was up for only a short time yesterday afternoon on CL
I can't post pics of it here (due to the uploading of imagines being disabled for this sub-forum) and the add was removed so I can't post the link, but here is what it said.

"Spectrum Pinball - $2400 (Denver)
image 3 of 3

Nice Bally Spectrum Pinball arcade game. Fully working and absolutely beautiful. Super rare game very few left in the world. Has some LED, recently shopped and waxed. Took me 2 years to achieve Super Star status. Fun but hard game that makes you think. Modeled after Mastermind board game from 1970's. Less than a 1000 made. $2400 obo"

It was in the price range and condition I was looking for so I was excited to see it but evidently I was too late to the party.
Or it was just someone messing about, as will happen on CL from time to time

#2703 6 years ago

This is my first post on Pinside...go easy on me! Most of my pinball experience is from the mid-to-late 90's. Played all of the top games from that time frame and loved most of them. I finally bought myself my first machine...NIB MMr with color DMD. Got it from GEX in Denver. It was just what I remembered. Why I'm posting in this forum is because I'm looking to pick up two or three more (depending on game and prices). I don't see a whole lot FS in Colorado, especially Colorado Springs. Do you generally wait for a game you want to come available locally or do you buy online sight unseen? I'm a little wary of that given the cost of the machines.

Also, anything after 2000 is new territory for me, and there are a lot of reviews for machines on this site that have my interest (LotR, ST, and Tron:Legacy to name a few). I've searched the PinMap, and it looks like 1Up in Denver has the widest variety of machines. How else do you find a machine that you're interested in trying out?

#2704 6 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I'm looking to pick up two or three more (depending on game and prices). I don't see a whole lot FS in Colorado, especially Colorado Springs. Do you generally wait for a game you want to come available locally or do you buy online sight unseen? I'm a little wary of that given the cost of the machines.

Your safest bet is to wait for things to pop up locally. You'll have more luck if you've got a relatively long list of games you're interested in -- if you want a specific game and nothing else will do, chances are you're going to have to wait months or more to find one in your condition/price range. My first few games I bought long-distance on Pinside because I was too impatient to wait and really felt I had to have those specific games. I was careful to check out the buyers before committing, got tons of pictures, and talked through everything with both sellers, and ended up very satisfied with both deals, though maybe I was just lucky. I've been more patient since and have bought a few games locally, which is the smart way to go as you can check the games out first, save $300-$500 in shipping costs, and meet local pinball people in the process. So do as I say, not as I did, and buy local!

Quoted from sethi_i:

Also, anything after 2000 is new territory for me, and there are a lot of reviews for machines on this site that have my interest (LotR, ST, and Tron:Legacy to name a few). I've searched the PinMap, and it looks like 1Up in Denver has the widest variety of machines. How else do you find a machine that you're interested in trying out?

We're lucky to have a bunch of great arcade options on the Front Range. The two 1Ups in Denver are great. Lyons Classic Pinball in Lyons and Pinball Jones in Fort Collins are excellent as well. I think Boulder's got good options too (Press Play) though I haven't been up there to check them out yet. Go out, play a bunch, and see what you like! Having 5+ games that you're interested in buying will make it much easier for you to wait for a decent deal to come along locally.

Oh, and welcome to Pinside!

#2705 6 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

This is my first post on Pinside...go easy on me! Most of my pinball experience is from the mid-to-late 90's. Played all of the top games from that time frame and loved most of them. I finally bought myself my first machine...NIB MMr with color DMD. Got it from GEX in Denver. It was just what I remembered. Why I'm posting in this forum is because I'm looking to pick up two or three more (depending on game and prices). I don't see a whole lot FS in Colorado, especially Colorado Springs. Do you generally wait for a game you want to come available locally or do you buy online sight unseen? I'm a little wary of that given the cost of the machines.

PM me, I'm happy to meet new Pinsiders. Maybe you can come check out my games.

#2706 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

We're lucky to have a bunch of great arcade options on the Front Range. The two 1Ups in Denver are great. Lyons Classic Pinball in Lyons and Pinball Jones in Fort Collins are excellent as well. I think Boulder's got good options too (Press Play) though I haven't been up there to check them out yet.

And let's not forget the latest addition to the Colorado pinball scene: Blizzard Mountain Pinball in Conifer.

#2707 6 years ago

Anyone else into EMs?

#2708 6 years ago
Quoted from Snorzel:

Anyone else into EMs?

As a small part of my collection, yes, absolutely. Played my Centigrade 37 at an impromptu party I had last night. (I have a ceramic, power ball in it)

Every collection should have at least one EM, IMO.

#2709 6 years ago

Thanks for the advice. Usually I'm very patient...but not about this!! I went to 1Up and played alot of games. My take-away surprised me. LotR definitely lived up to the reviews. It would have to be my first choice without a doubt. Ghostbusters Pro was more fun to play than ST Pro, which really surprised me. From the videos I watched, I would have thought the opposite. GotG Pro had me hooked too.

Then I went back to Gex and played GB Prem and GotG Prem. I loved both of them. GotG is just a beautiful machine. Shots seemed tight, but that kept me trying. GB was just fast and fun...lots of action.

Bottom line, I'll take your advice and buy local, but waiting probably won't happen. Would probably go LotR if I could find one, but I think GB or GotG would be a perfect complement to my MMr. Very different games.

#2710 6 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Make sure to read through the owners club thread on any game before you purchase. New in box games can have quality issues, sometimes moreso than a 25 yr old DMD that has all the bugs worked out.

#2711 6 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Thanks for the advice. Usually I'm very patient...but not about this!! I went to 1Up and played alot of games. My take-away surprised me. LotR definitely lived up to the reviews. It would have to be my first choice without a doubt. Ghostbusters Pro was more fun to play than ST Pro, which really surprised me. From the videos I watched, I would have thought the opposite. GotG Pro had me hooked too.
Then I went back to Gex and played GB Prem and GotG Prem. I loved both of them. GotG is just a beautiful machine. Shots seemed tight, but that kept me trying. GB was just fast and fun...lots of action.
Bottom line, I'll take your advice and buy local, but waiting probably won't happen. Would probably go LotR if I could find one, but I think GB or GotG would be a perfect complement to my MMr. Very different games.

Welcome . To the hobby . PM me if any questions.

#2712 6 years ago
Quoted from Snorzel:

Anyone else into EMs?

Almost exclusively. But I'm kinda funny that way.

#2713 6 years ago
Quoted from MarkG:

Almost exclusively. But I'm kinda funny that way.

It is all subjective . If it floats your boat than that is what counts . If I had space I would love to own Rocket 1959
https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/rocket-williams

#2714 6 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

This is my first post on Pinside

WELCOME!

#2715 6 years ago

Thanks! I'm sure I'll be spending a lot of time on here....

#2717 6 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I finally bought myself my first machine...NIB MMr with color DMD. Got it from GEX in Denver. It was just what I remembered.

Great choice! I worked in a Williams flavored arcade in the 80s (Firepower, Black Knight, Both Defenders, Robotron, Joust,) and played on location since and remember MM as the last good game before I had my first kid. I went through the closure of the Williams pinball division but didn't remember much until I played MM again at a local bar in the neighborhood I just moved to. Totally revived the feelings. I bought a beater Firepower as my first so good job on an awesome first pin. Welcome.

#2718 6 years ago
Quoted from KJL:

I bought a beater Firepower as my first so good job on an awesome first pin. Welcome.

Thanks...I loved MM back in the day. Since getting it, I've lit Master of Trolls once, and I just lit DoD and PoP in the same game tonight. It's going to take awhile for me to get my skills back in shape!

#2719 6 years ago

Put up an ad on CL to trade my NIB AC/DC Pro Vault and my NIB Game Of Thrones Pro and I got bombarded with trade offers, I had to clarify the ad to indicate HUO Sterns or great condition Bally/Williams only. Really looking for a nice TZ or Adams-I can add cash. Anyone looking to switch up their lineup with a fresh minty new game? I also really miss my BDK, and want to find a nice HUO. If anyone is interested please let me know before I change my mind and keep them. Thanks

#2720 6 years ago

Best of luck. The game is turning into a sleeper keeper. Seeing more people looking for one now that the code is getting good. And it's the best pin ever for total theme immersion - art, audio, video and custom callouts. No other game comes close.

#2721 6 years ago

I have had several emails on Batman 66 NIB .But both were in California. No sales tax or shipping cost. It is very tempting as I have to pay 7.65 % if I buy local . I have never shipped a pinball in my life . Sell me yours jfh . After your Dark days for STERN post or whatever . I thought of messaging you. Peace and Happy New Year.

#2722 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

I have had several emails on Batman 66 NIB .But both were in California. No sales tax or shipping cost. It is very tempting as I have to pay 7.65 % if I buy local . I have never shipped a pinball in my life . Sell me yours jfh . After your Dark days for STERN post or whatever . I thought of messaging you. Peace and Happy New Year.

Mine's not going anywhere

Support your local distributor. Call JJ at Game Exchange.

#2723 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Mine's not going anywhere
Support your local distributor. Call JJ at Game Exchange.

I have bought from Rich Babich for over 25 years. I told Chi and JJ Babich about Pinside six years ago when I was picking up my LOTRLE .I suggested to Chi to make a pinside account as it would absolutely increase there out of state pinball sales . We looked up pinside on Chi's office computer as they did not know what I was referring to . True story.

#2724 6 years ago

Anyone have a Dr. Dude they want to get rid of? I have a very nice Flash Gordon I would offer in trade.

#2725 6 years ago

My MMr is already getting lonely. I'm ready to pull the trigger on #2. Looking for a HUO LotR in Colorado.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/59196

#2726 6 years ago

Have a Bally Blackjack I picked up without trying, would sell as-is for $600.
Has a little pf wear, backglass is nice, plays right now.
Pm for pics or more info.

#2727 6 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

My MMr is already getting lonely. I'm ready to pull the trigger on #2. Looking for a HUO LotR in Colorado.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/59196

Simple pickup AFMrLE. You can still find them for a few weeks. $8300 to your door you will love it.

#2728 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Simple pickup AFMrLE. You can still find them for a few weeks. $8300 to your door you will love it.

#2729 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

I tried that at Gex when I bought the MMr. I like it, but it's too much like MM for me to have both. I think my collection will top out at three (maybe four) games. I want the playfields and gameplay to be distinct from each other.

#2733 6 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I tried that at Gex when I bought the MMr. I like it, but it's too much like MM for me to have both. I think my collection will top out at three (maybe four) games. I want the playfields and gameplay to be distinct from each other.

Cool. One of my favorite games is Star Trek the Next Generation very different game and gets played a lot. I have had a few Star Wars and I would avoid. The champion pub on Craigslist is a great game very different than any other game. Lord of Rings is a very good game and different the MMr.

#2734 6 years ago

I love ST:TNG. I played it alot back in the day. I tried the new Star Wars, and I wasn't crazy about it either. I'm really liking GB and LotR right now. I think the gameplay on those two would be a nice change from MM.

#2735 6 years ago

Champion Pub is a turd. There is a reason you can always find one for sale.

#2736 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Cool. One of my favorite games is Star Trek the Next Generation very different game and gets played a lot. I have had a few Star Wars and I would avoid. The champion pub on Craigslist is a great game very different than any other game. Lord of Rings is a very good game and different the MMr.

I have always liked CP . He has lowered the price . But it has some planking right between the flippers and several ghosting inserts . It OK condition . I'm thinking about it. "Flip Jim Flip" Haha !

#2737 6 years ago

The amazing thing about champion pub is how there is no way it could be made today in this over pc world we live in now. People would freak over the sterotypes

#2738 6 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Champ pub is not turd. It is great game but need a deep pinball collection as it so different. The rule set is great.

#2739 6 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I love ST:TNG. I played it alot back in the day. I tried the new Star Wars, and I wasn't crazy about it either. I'm really liking GB and LotR right now. I think the gameplay on those two would be a nice change from MM.

I will say my GB is one the most liked by outsiders when we have a party. Star Wars was always least liked. GB is good game but can be very difficult at times. Any of the games mentioned would be great. You can always swap one out in coming years. These games played a lot Indiana Jones, MM, Metallica, Lord of Rings, Star Trek LE, STTNG, Hobbit, TOTAN, Spider-man and CV

#2740 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

It is great game but need a deep pinball collection as it so different. The rule set is great.

That's why I own one. There's nothing else like it.

#2741 6 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

If you like the LOTR style and theme, there's a Hobbit on CL right now that might work for you.

I have a GB Pro, and I love it! I've kind of cooled on it over the summer, but I'm finding my second wind on it now and play it daily. It really is a great game. Some things in the code need changed to improve it, and I'm hoping the final code release will do it justice. It's polarizing on Pinside, but I was fortunate to get one without any quality or gameplay issues. I wish I would've gone Premium, but the Pro is a good choice.

#2742 6 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

That's why I own one. There's nothing else like it.

Champion Pub is gone on Craigslist. A friend bought it as he sold his one 11 months ago. Missed it a lot. That game was nice. The planking was not planking but just needed some cleaning. No insert wear. He believes it is a hou game. Welcome to the Pub kid!

#2743 6 years ago

There's an Addams Family CPR playfield up for $800, looks like a fair deal (save shipping plus $50 off the CPR pre-order price, and you can examine it first):

#2744 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

The planking was not planking but just needed some cleaning. No insert wear. He believes it is a hou game.

People should be careful with their comments when criticizing a machine or an ad.

#2745 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

There's an Addams Family CPR playfield up for $800, looks like a fair deal (save shipping plus $50 off the CPR pre-order price, and you can examine it first):

The ad has already been deleted.

#2746 6 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

No way! Just not for a one game collection.

Steveo rocks!

#2747 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

The ad has already been deleted.

That was quick!

#2748 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

People should be careful with their comments when criticizing a machine or an ad.</blockq

I have always liked CP . He has lowered the price . But it has some planking right between the flippers and several ghosting inserts . It OK condition . I'm thinking about it. "Flip Jim Flip" Haha !

Quoted from Onwallst:

Champion Pub is gone on Craigslist. A friend bought it as he sold his one 11 months ago. Missed it a lot. That game was nice. The planking was not planking but just needed some cleaning. No insert wear. He believes it is a hou game. Welcome to the Pub kid!

Quoted from Mr68:

People should be careful with their comments when criticizing a machine or an ad.

I only comment when I am 100% sure of what I see via looking at photos or in person .I am very particular collector. I had an operator in Denver. A friend who lurks on pinside does not have an account . He called me and asked me about the CP I saw yesterday on CL . His specific question was what do you mean by ghosting inserts . I explained it to him that it is delamination between the clearcoat and the insert or the plastic insert its self was starting to delaminate . I also explained that it is sometimes very hard to spot and must be seen with the insert with no light on or it will be missed. I sent him photos of what I was talking about . I was very interested In a CP I saw but it had (planking) 100% as in a (crack) in the wood right in between the flippers . Super obvious . What ever CP Onwallst your friend purchased was not the one I looked at . Glad he is happy and made a good choice as CP is unique .

#2749 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Champ pub is not turd. It is great game but need a deep pinball collection as it so different. The rule set is great.

Definitely a keeper if you have room....deciding how many points to bet on the fight purse after you're the pub champ is a cool feature I wasn't expecting!

#2750 6 years ago
Quoted from Zaquar:

Definitely a keeper if you have room....deciding how many points to bet on the fight purse after you're the pub champ is a cool feature I wasn't expecting

CP is one of the most unique pinball games every designed. I think it's cool that the game allows you to cheat by being able to knock out a boxer with a Smart Punch! Collecting Smart Punches will allow a less than stellar pinball player (me) to defeat the later boxers to get to the championship bouts. Then once you start betting your points the real fun begins! The game is a must for a bar-cade IMHO. The only drawback to this game is that most people do not know how to play it.

There are 7,454 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 150.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colorado-whats-fsft/page/55 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.