IMG_6277_(resized).JPG
IMG_6278_(resized).JPG
IMG_6279_(resized).JPG
IMG_6280_(resized).JPG
IMG_6281_(resized).JPG
IMG_6282_(resized).JPG
IMG_6283_(resized).JPG
IMG_6284_(resized).JPG
There are 7,460 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 150.
#2651 6 years ago

Looking for a Transformers pro if anyone has or knows of one for sale.

#2652 6 years ago

Fish Tales $ 6000.00 better jump before it sells.
cosprings.craigslist.org link

#2653 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

At least we know the factory settings are capable of being restored.

#2654 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

I saw that. OMFG!

#2655 6 years ago

Did someone in this group buy that Quicksilver that was listed on Denver Craigslist today?

#2657 6 years ago

Was looking to try out Ice Cold Beer on location somewhere in the Denver/Boulder area if anyone has any leads. I'm not aware of an "ArcadeMap" similar to pinballmap.com

Thanks!

#2658 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferros:

Was looking to try out Ice Cold Beer on location somewhere in the Denver/Boulder area if anyone has any leads. I'm not aware of an "ArcadeMap" similar to pinballmap.com
Thanks!

I was just told the other day that Lyons has one. Not always out for play but that it was now. Can someone confirm? Maybe you could call them?

#2659 6 years ago
Quoted from Duvall:

I was just told the other day that Lyons has one. Not always out for play but that it was now. Can someone confirm? Maybe you could call them?

yeah they have one now

#2660 6 years ago

Yes , Ice Cold Beer replaced my Baby pac man a few months ago. It is the first game as you walk in the door in Lyons Classic Pinball.

#2661 6 years ago

Awesome info guys, going to head up there Thursday evening! Thanks again.

#2662 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferros:

Awesome info guys, going to head up there Thursday evening! Thanks again.

Cool, just so you know, thursday we have league at Lyons so 5 games will be taken up for league most of the night after 7:30, but there will be lots of pinheads and pin to play!

#2663 6 years ago

It would be fun to join a league, but I don't know anything about them and how to find one that's best for me, etc......

#2664 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

It would be fun to join a league, but I don't know anything about them and how to find one that's best for me, etc......

ryanwanger has a fun, less competitive league in Boulder, Bwheels plays in none ifpa league in Denver he could probably tell you about. I'm gonna start up another beginner's league in fort Collins soon. You can find ifpa sanctioned leagues on ifpapinball.com atleast 30 days before they start.

SnowGalvin runs a Colorado pinball website that will have most events listed.

#2665 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

We also host a weekly league here at Blizzard Mountain Pinball in Conifer, Colorado. We're in the middle of a season now, but you could join the next season which starts in March. Our leagues to award IFPA WPPR points. Most of the players are relatively new to pinball, and it's more of a social than a competitive environment.

Kevin

#2666 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevkat:

We also host a weekly league here at Blizzard Mountain Pinball in Conifer, Colorado. We're in the middle of a season now, but you could join the next season which starts in March. Our leagues to award IFPA WPPR points. Most of the players are relatively new to pinball, and it's more of a social than a competitive environment.
Kevin

Yeah, I was telling him about the non-ifpa ones all the current IFPA leagues are in the middle of the season at the moment.
Lots of great options for pinball, YAY!

Links: Colorado Pinball Collective website with calendar: http://colorado-pinball.com/index.html
Gun Barrel Brewery non ifpa league : https://www.facebook.com/events/860402460782417/
IFPA League site: https://www.ifpapinball.com/leagues/

Boo gunbarrel has ended.

#2667 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

I'm gonna start up another beginner's league in fort Collins soon

I would love to hear what the begginers league is and how you run it...

I am looking for fresh ideas to bring in and keep new people playing for fun

#2668 6 years ago

Wow, thanks for all the info, I'll check out those sites and see if I can find a league that makes sense for me. I am way down in Roxborough Park, so sadly many of the leagues are quite some distance from me.

#2669 6 years ago

I'm gonna start up another beginner's league in fort Collins soon

Sweet something I can win at finally!

#2670 6 years ago

Boo gunbarrel has ended.

Gunbarrel league starts again this Monday Jan 8th.

#2671 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would love to hear what the begginers league is and how you run it...
I am looking for fresh ideas to bring in and keep new people playing for fun

Basically, no points/no buy in fees

last time Pinball Jones gave people $1 off their drinks on league night if they were in the beginners league.

Each week I teach 2 games. Go over basic ball control skills, "you dont always have to flip", etc and then how to achieve entry level goals on games. Like how to start modes or multiballs that kind of stuff. I put both games on free play for the night. Let them all jam out for a few hours on the games. Go into any extra in depth stuff if anyone asks on a more 1on1 level. No crazy in depth overload type stuff, like Nero stacking on Star Trek lol but more than just what the place card says. Go over thought process on when to shoot what, back handing being safer, etc.

The following week after I teach 2 different games I give them an option to play in a high score tournament on the previous weeks two games, allowing them a whole week to practice if they desire. two entries per person if they want to play they put $1 in. Winner takes all. If they dont want to play they dont have to.

Can miss any week (s), you just miss out on the lesson. I let them pick the games, majority rules after week 1.

Last time at the end of the season I had them all come over to my house for a bbq with pinball and drinking

#2672 6 years ago

That is awesome stuff Dave!!!!!!!!

#2673 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

That is awesome stuff Dave!!!!!!!!

Yeah, from the first one I did we ended up getting some players to join the real ifpa league and go to more tournaments around the area, meet some great people too!

#2674 6 years ago

ryanwanger has a fun, less competitive league in Boulder, bwheels plays in none ifpa league in Denver he could probably tell you about. I'm gonna start up another beginner's league in fort Collins soon. You can find ifpa sanctioned leagues on ifpapinball.com atleast 30 days before they start.
snowgalvin runs a Colorado pinball website that will have most events listed.

Yes we have a non IFPA league that’s further south for all those looking! Or go to Ft Collins and just play with InfiniteLives he is really good and will teach you a ton

#2675 6 years ago

Our casual league at Arapahoe Bowl will be starting again in the next few weeks. It is near Arapahoe and I-25.

#2676 6 years ago

The Gunbarrel league is actually for points, but that doesn't mean it's any less appropriate for new players. First season, half of the players were first timers. We did go over rule for one game each week with those who showed up early.

There are first time players in The Lyons league, and there will be several in my upcoming Boulder league.

I just wanted to emphasize that any local league that I've been in or heard of is totally appropriate for someone who has never played competitively before. They're generally all arranged so that you play the players closest to you in ability each week. Most of your direct opponents are happy to share game knowledge, and if they aren't, most of the players in other groups would.

Even if you aren't some super outgoing person, anyone who is really excited about pinball should give it a try at least once. Everyone there will share your pinball passion, and the hobby becomes a whole different world when you start making flesh and blood pinball friends.

#2677 6 years ago

Anyone know someone who can work on a“50s Coke Machine compressor fan?

#2678 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferros:

Thanks!

There's one at Arapahoe lanes, Arap and 25 Denver. And LOTS of pins. Think they do leagues? Cool place.

#2679 6 years ago
Quoted from Aladdin:

Anyone know someone who can work on a“50s Coke Machine compressor fan?

Try reaching out to Pat Mahoney (Vending Machine Repair Service Inc.) in Highlands Ranch, CO.

http://www.vendingrepairservices.com/
http://www.vendingrepairservices.com/contact.html

Email: [email protected]
Phone: 303-471-0044

Pat completely re-did the refrigeration on my 1950's era Ideal 55 Slider Pepsi machine and returned it to all original cooling and it cools like crazy now. If I ever have the need to use Pat's services again I will not hesitate to contact him.

Gord

#2680 6 years ago

Still looking to trade or sell my HUO metallica pro. no ghosting or chipping on playfield. let me know if you have anything you are looking to trade or if you want to come play it.

Thanks

#2681 6 years ago

Have any of you guys looked at this machine or know any details on it?

denver.craigslist.org link

#2682 6 years ago

I know that it's overpriced because it's been on Craigslist for literally months. Also, you need to make sure the lower playfield plexi is clear. Playfields with foggy windows are worth a few bucks less IMO.

Quoted from Dano:

Have any of you guys looked at this machine or know any details on it?

#2683 6 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I know that it's overpriced because it's been on Craigslist for literally months. Also, you need to make sure the lower playfield plexi is clear. Playfields with foggy windows are worth a few bucks less IMO.

I figured it was overpriced with the VE being available for so much less. I was wondering what mods are on it and the ad isn't worded in a very friendly manner so I'm not sure it's worth dealing with the seller.

#2684 6 years ago
Quoted from Dano:

I figured it was overpriced with the VE being available for so much less. I was wondering what mods are on it and the ad isn't worded in a very friendly manner so I'm not sure it's worth dealing with the seller.

Train Topper, Speaker light kit w/ acrylic lightning bolts, overlay for speaker panel, stickers on ramps, custom shooter rod. Just have him take a pic of the playfield and I can tell you the rest....

#2685 6 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Train Topper, and Speaker light kit w/ acrylic lightning bolts. Just have him take a pic of the playfield and I can tell you the rest....

Thanks, I just sent them an email and I'll see if I can get some pics.

#2686 6 years ago
Quoted from Dano:

No prob. I edited my original post and saw some other stuff.....

#2687 6 years ago

Red T molding around backbox? Pretty sure original came with silver....

#2688 6 years ago

Or just go buy a new one with a full warranty without all that crap on it. Call JJ at Game Exchange.

Quoted from Dano:

#2689 6 years ago

I'm still flip flopping on it. We have a kitchen remodel that is twice what I thought it would cost and may kick my pinball machine to the curb.

#2690 6 years ago

I purchased four NIB Stern machines recently and I opened two of them, Star Wars LE and GOTG. I have been busy lately, and am trying to find the time to enjoy the one's I have but I still am on the fence if I am going to open/keep the other two machines. I have a NIB AC/DC Pro vault and a NIB GOT Pro, both from Stern's last production runs for those titles. I figured I would put out some feelers on potential trades before I make a final decision. I am mainly interested in HUO, or collector quality machines from 1990-Present. I can also trade up with cash for a nice TZ, Adams, etc. Let me know if you are interested, Thanks

#2691 6 years ago
Quoted from swampshroom:

There's one at Arapahoe lanes, Arap and 25 Denver. And LOTS of pins. Think they do leagues? Cool place.

Nice Place!!! I am out here for at least 4 months for a job and went there Sunday night. Very cool place with a great variety and the Ice Cold Beer played well.

Only note to the owner of the games...Batman Forever was tilting like crazy after the first ball. Would launch a new ball and it would tilt right away before we even flipped it. I turned it off, hope that was OK.

#2692 6 years ago

Anyone interested in a Roadshow for 3K?
Have an interesting trade?
Not shopped, but plays pretty good. Heads work OK, Reds eyelids don't quite close all the way sometimes.
New shaker motor on the way, will be included.
Buy it before I have to shop this beast!

#2693 6 years ago

Someone better grab that MB on CL for 16k before it sells - hahahahahaha!

#2694 6 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Someone better grab that MB on CL for 16k before it sells - hahahahahaha!

OMG , The Chromium plate is the 0nly way to do the trim on Monster Bash . But yes $16,000 is a lot .
Since I already own a very nice Monster Bash where or who does a reasonable job of chromium plate for my MB .Please post a link or PM me . Thanks a million .

#2696 6 years ago

I hate to hijack the FS thread, but I was wondering if somebody could give me a quick rundown on how the league works at Pinball Jones? I have never tried anything like that so I was wondering is it team based, or individual? Is there some kind of early ranking to line up players, or is it random draw? Does anybody know what the cost is, and maybe how many people are in before the sign-up is cut off?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

#2697 6 years ago
Quoted from hudson2212:

I hate to hijack the FS thread, but I was wondering if somebody could give me a quick rundown on how the league works at Pinball Jones? I have never tried anything like that so I was wondering is it team based, or individual? Is there some kind of early ranking to line up players, or is it random draw? Does anybody know what the cost is, and maybe how many people are in before the sign-up is cut off?
Thanks in advance for any answers.

Not sure when the next one starts but it's pretty casual

Play 3 games a night twice

At the end of the season there is a double elimination tournament head to head best 2 out of 3

Kim at pbj runs it , she's there most days if you wanna chat with her about it

#2698 6 years ago

Thanks, I will have to try and make my way over there soon.

Website says the next league starts 2/8

#2699 6 years ago
Quoted from hudson2212:

Thanks, I will have to try and make my way over there soon.
Website says the next league starts 2/8

I went down there last night and the board said Feb 7th lol so yeah its coming up one way or the other. They are not doing IFPA events this year as far as I know so it wont be for WPPR points

the 7th makes more sense than the 8th as historically they have held the league on wed nights

#2700 6 years ago

Hello,

Did anyone from this group snag that CL Spectrum that popped up yesterday?
I saw it two hours in but no reply and now the add has been removed.
So I assume it was sold or wasn't legit in the first place
I'm curious to know what the story was.

There are 7,460 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 150.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colorado-whats-fsft/page/54 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.