5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,180 posts
  • 269 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by OilGuy
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 161 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

twd-bg.IMG_20160507_112724_(resized).jpg
twd-pf.IMG_20160507_112528_(resized).jpg
twd-cab.IMG_20160507_112903_(resized).jpg
IMG_6271_(resized).JPG
IMG_6273_(resized).JPG
IMG_6274_(resized).JPG
IMG_6275_(resized).JPG
IMG_6276_(resized).JPG
IMG_6277_(resized).JPG
IMG_6278_(resized).JPG
IMG_6279_(resized).JPG
IMG_6280_(resized).JPG
IMG_6281_(resized).JPG
IMG_6282_(resized).JPG
IMG_6283_(resized).JPG
IMG_6284_(resized).JPG

There are 4180 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 84.
#2401 2 years ago

Count me as one of the ones who emailed about Pinbot as well. Checked this thread figuring someone was bragging!

#2402 2 years ago

Offering someone more than asking is never the way to go. Not only does it drive the price up for everyone, but any seller who has an ounce of common sense will take one look at that offer and it will either turn into an auction or the price will triple.

#2403 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Offering someone more than asking is never the way to go. Not only does it drive the price up for everyone, but any seller who has an ounce of common sense will take one look at that offer and it will either turn into an auction or the price will triple.

That's hard to support when the machine in this case likely went to someone who did exactly that. I don't disagree that it creates a new set of circumstances, but an under priced game in a competitive market isn't likely to be had for much less than its actual value.

In this case the seller posted at midnight without a phone on a weeknight. So there's certainty that other interested parties had time to see and respond with their own strategy.

I can't be certain I was first in this case, but had to be close, in responding 20 or so minutes of posting late on a weeknight, and I didn't even get a call, just an email noting late afternoon the next day that it was sold.

I didn't offer more, and that's what brought me here to see what other's do in this case.

IMO manadams has the best advice, ask for the opportunity to match other offers. Yes it tips of the seller to their mistake in pricing but only barely ahead of the swarm of other interested parties. At best it garners you favor as more interested and fair. Unless you can get a committed sold and the add pulled someone here or even outside is going to be there with a bigger offer.

#2404 2 years ago

The only way I've gotten a game off craigslist is by offering more, and I completely agree that it sucks, but unfortunately that's the way the market is nowadays. I haven't been able to buy one off craigslist for many years, and I always offer more than they are asking on the good deals and still have missed out on the games recently. Time I found is better spent doing other things than refreshing craigslist, used to be worth it, just not anymore...

#2405 2 years ago

You weren't even close to first if you didn't see it for 20 minutes. There were probably at least 10 people ahead of you. When I get deals like this I usually ask the seller (after the game is in the car) about demand, and they usually say that 10-15 minutes in they are ringing off the hook.

Quoted from VacFink:

I can't be certain I was first in this case, but had to be close, in responding 20 or so minutes of posting late on a weeknight, and I didn't even get a call, just an email noting late afternoon the next day that it was sold.

#2406 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

You weren't even close to first if you didn't see it for 20 minutes.

We'll never know but I'm basing it on that the add went up at midnight on a Thursday night. Definitely agree there's a lot of people looking.

I'm probably wont' stop looking, I enjoy the hunt even if I miss. But ultimately it will help to keep missing so I can just buy the game I want vs getting a deal on one I just might kinda want. I like pinbot but would rather have Jakbot or Bride.

Great feedback from this group. Appreciate the advice.

#2407 2 years ago

Another Craigslist gem...

denver.craigslist.org link

"Hi, so we have received some threatening messages of extortion and blackmail, regarding some games we listed on Craigslist.
The person is sending messages with the name " mikey gabbard"
There is a current ongoing police investigation into this matter and we would like anyone with information to come forward so that the police may prosecute this individual. If you have received an email with the name Mikey Gabbard, or know who is using this Fake name, there is a $1000 reward offered by us for arrest and conviction."

#2408 2 years ago

Wow. Actually dangerous? What should we watch out for?

#2409 2 years ago

Looking for a Metallica pro. Let me know if you have one you would like to sell

#2411 2 years ago

Anyone have a Wizard of Oz ECLE they are looking to sell? #WOZ

#2412 2 years ago

Anyone have a nice T2 they would trade for a very nice JM with no cabinet fade?

#2413 2 years ago

Does anyone have experience with working on an Ice Cold Beer? This things about to become flaming hot firewood

#2414 2 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Does anyone have experience with working on an Ice Cold Beer? This things about to become flaming hot firewood

Taito or ICE version?

#2415 2 years ago
Quoted from 1iblind:

Taito or ICE version?

taito. put in a new power supply. the only thing the game will do is the motors spin. no attract, no lights, no displays

#2416 2 years ago

Im gonna start here before I go to CL. Chopping my collection down to refi my home. PM me for pricing. Im not looking to give these away and will price them at a fair market value and there are lots of extras on everything. Color dmds on all if they are available. Heres the list
MMR LE gold (Color dmd, lit green trolls, trolls also have red led eyes, clear moat ramp installed with blue LEDs beneath, epic topper)
Monster Bash (Color dmd, very nice topper, full LEDs)
TOTAN (Color dmd, full LEDs, jewel sword topper wired to the game)
Indiana Jones (Color dmd, full LEDs)
Star Trek Pro (bought new, lit vengeance drop target, warp ramp led strip)
Game of Thrones LE (Handful of mods, chrome gold on bottom and chrome silver on upper flipper bats, Hound Helmet, Swords, Hand of the King)
Batman 66 (Bought new, flourescent plastic protectors, batmobile, Joker Catwoman and Riddler added, Playfield protector installed before a single game was played)
Austin Powers (Full LEDs, new Dr. Evil)
World Poker Tour (New flourecscent green upper playfield, Alt translites, full LEDs)
I also have a TWD LE. Im not sure I can let it go but I may be interested in trading for a pro.

#2417 2 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I'm looking for a Fish Tales or Whirlwind. PM me if you have one to sell!

Bumping this. Also interested in a Bride of Pinbot.

#2418 2 years ago

anyone want to get rid of a system 11 machine?

pm if you have something.

#2419 2 years ago

Who is the new craigslist seller in Dacono?

Some good quotes:

"I do repair in site for people that tip, ain't cheap so don't be CHEAP , if you tip the guy that bring u a hamburger and you don't tip your pinball tech you don't need to call me"

"For the fagglipps that's flagging my swords of fury add I want to thank you , while u where flagging my add and I was re listing it , it sold today , this is what's happen when you try to fuck with me and my karma world , I'll rip your fucking asshole apart son ! Thanks again for the sale karma Too bad you don't have the balls to call or see me in the eye fool

#2420 2 years ago
Quoted from Boondocker:

Who is the new craigslist seller in Dacono?
Some good quotes:
"I do repair in site for people that tip, ain't cheap so don't be CHEAP , if you tip the guy that bring u a hamburger and you don't tip your pinball tech you don't need to call me"
"For the fagglipps that's flagging my swords of fury add I want to thank you , while u where flagging my add and I was re listing it , it sold today , this is what's happen when you try to fuck with me and my karma world , I'll rip your fucking asshole apart son ! Thanks again for the sale karma Too bad you don't have the balls to call or see me in the eye fool

You will find freaks in the dark corners of this hobby. Heck some times you don't even have to look. I find similarities with the needle issue on the 16th street mall.

#2421 2 years ago
Quoted from Boondocker:

sounds like a nice guy

#2422 2 years ago

That's the guy that doubles the prices of his games the day after he buys them.

#2423 2 years ago

You can find the guy listing his stuff on Facebook as well.

#2424 2 years ago
Quoted from Boondocker:

If this doesn't make you feel confident about show up at a strangers house with a pocket full of cash, then I don't know what will.

#2425 2 years ago

I am looking to sell The Hobbit Smaug LE, HUO original owner. Probably around 500 plays. $7000

#2426 2 years ago
Quoted from Sijcolo:

You can find the guy listing his stuff on Facebook as well.

What group?

#2427 2 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

I am looking to sell The Hobbit Smaug LE, HUO original owner. Probably around 500 plays. $8000

They've been hovering around 7k or slightly less lately. Might be tough going for 8k right now.

#2428 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

They've been hovering around 7k or slightly less lately. Might be tough going for 8k right now.

Thx, I lowered to 7k, would be a damn shame to let it go for that but oh well :-/

#2429 2 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Thx, I lowered to 7k, would be a damn shame to let it go for that but oh well

I think all the new games coming out soon combined with summer being slow caused a few people to try and sell quicker than usual. I'm digging mine but it is a really different kind of game, not the standard game formula--probably shrinks the pool of buyers as well.

#2430 2 years ago

Anybody interested in getting a group order for the TOM trunks here? Cutting down on the shipping would make it a little more palatable. PM me

#2431 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Im gonna start here before I go to CL. Chopping my collection down to refi my home. PM me for pricing. Im not looking to give these away and will price them at a fair market value and there are lots of extras on everything. Color dmds on all if they are available. Heres the list
MMR LE gold (Color dmd, lit green trolls, trolls also have red led eyes, clear moat ramp installed with blue LEDs beneath, epic topper)
Monster Bash (Color dmd, very nice topper, full LEDs)
TOTAN (Color dmd, full LEDs, jewel sword topper wired to the game)
Indiana Jones (Color dmd, full LEDs)
Star Trek Pro (bought new, lit vengeance drop target, warp ramp led strip)
Game of Thrones LE (Handful of mods, chrome gold on bottom and chrome silver on upper flipper bats, Hound Helmet, Swords, Hand of the King)
Batman 66 (Bought new, flourescent plastic protectors, batmobile, Joker Catwoman and Riddler added, Playfield protector installed before a single game was played)
Austin Powers (Full LEDs, new Dr. Evil)
World Poker Tour (New flourecscent green upper playfield, Alt translites, full LEDs)
I also have a TWD LE. Im not sure I can let it go but I may be interested in trading for a pro.

I went and bought his IJ today, he's got a great collection. Ya'll should go check it out and pickup a sweet machine!

#2432 2 years ago

I can't remember the guy who makes the alternative translites out of longmont. I need his info for a project I'm working on.

I tried to hit him up on Ebay but so far no reply

Jj

#2433 2 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

I can't remember the guy who makes the alternative translites out of longmont. I need his info for a project I'm working on.
Jj

His name is John. He bought a PZ from me years ago. He's an artist in Boulder/Longmont I believe.

I'll look for his number.

#2434 2 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Jj

Hey JJ, I'll PM you his info.

Sorry you didn't make it last night.

#2435 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Thanks!

#2436 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Ps that makes two of us.

#2437 2 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Jj

Thats John in Longmont, I bought his IJ today. Saw some of his translite's, he does amazing work!

#2438 2 years ago

Is the Spectrum game on Craigslist anyone here?

$3500 seems way too high. What's it worth?

#2439 2 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I agree, probably 1k too high.

Limited photos but looks like a nice example. nice ones sell for 2500 give or take

#2440 2 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I would be interested in it for $2000 +/- how it looks in person.
I think it would be a nice paring with Xenon

#2441 2 years ago

Pinball Jones Fall Flip Out Nov 11th and 12th (FINALS)
$1000 added to the prize pool from Kim at Pinball Jones

Link is to facebook event page. Will link the IFPA page once the submission gets accepted. You can RSVP @ http://fallflipout.app.rsvpify.com/ as well

https://www.facebook.com/events/358283541279274/?acontext=%7B%22ref%22%3A%224%22%2C%22feed_story_type%22%3A%22308%22%2C%22action_history%22%3A%22null%22%7D

#2442 2 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

I am looking to sell The Hobbit Smaug LE, HUO original owner. Probably around 500 plays. $7000

I sent you a PM

Jerry

#2443 2 years ago

For non-facebook peeps the IFPA links are up for the Fall Flip Out main and side tournaments:

IFPA Event Link: https://www.ifpapinball.com/tournaments/view.php?t=21076#

IFA Side Tournament Link: https://www.ifpapinball.com/tournaments/view.php?t=21081#

You can RSVP @ http://fallflipout.app.rsvpify.com/ as well as facebook (helps me determine how many volunteers we need to make sure it runs smoothly)

#2444 2 years ago

I am looking to buy a Stern Nine Ball or a Williams Stellar Wars if anyone has one or knows where to find one.

thanks,

#2445 2 years ago

I'm taking the whole Fun With Pinball exhibit (http://www.funwithpinball.com) to Maker Faire Denver (http://denver.makerfaire.com/) in two weeks (Oct 14,15). There will be many other exhibitors there including the Sparkfun Autonomous Vehicle Competition.

Anyone interested in helping me introduce pinball to a whole new crowd should PM me for details.

#2446 2 years ago

Great deal on a High Speed, just needs a little mean green. HA!

#2447 2 years ago
Quoted from cutlerkeith:

Great deal on a High Speed, just needs a little mean green. HA!

that is bat shit crazy.

#2448 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

that is bat shit crazy.

That was my first thought.

#2449 2 years ago

It will be gone by tomorrow

#2450 2 years ago

Is Denver Craigslist usually this dry for 90’s DMD? I’ve been checking daily for the past couple weeks, and there’s hardly anything available.

Maybe a few more titles will pop up after expo?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
£ 75.00
$ 87.00
$ 218.00
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 154.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 26.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 199.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 96.77
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball-Mods.com
$ 9.99
$ 28.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 49.95
Playfield - Plastics
MicksPinball
$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Flashinstinct
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 4180 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 84.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside