5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,194 posts
  • 271 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by Its_me_aj
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 161 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

twd-bg.IMG_20160507_112724_(resized).jpg
twd-pf.IMG_20160507_112528_(resized).jpg
twd-cab.IMG_20160507_112903_(resized).jpg
IMG_6271_(resized).JPG
IMG_6273_(resized).JPG
IMG_6274_(resized).JPG
IMG_6275_(resized).JPG
IMG_6276_(resized).JPG
IMG_6277_(resized).JPG
IMG_6278_(resized).JPG
IMG_6279_(resized).JPG
IMG_6280_(resized).JPG
IMG_6281_(resized).JPG
IMG_6282_(resized).JPG
IMG_6283_(resized).JPG
IMG_6284_(resized).JPG

There are 4194 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 84.
#2201 2 years ago

The Taito, Ice Cold Beer for sale on Craigslist is mine.

#2202 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

The Taito, Ice Cold Beer for sale on Craigslist is mine.

sent you an email on craigslist about 40 minutes after you posted it, probably not quick enough lol. I want it if still available.

#2203 2 years ago

I just saw that. I'm only taking back up offers right now.

#2204 2 years ago

Is there a specific donation link for selling games if you didn't place an ad? Or do you just donate in general?

#2205 2 years ago

Don't know?

Quoted from Wickerman2:

I have a NGG and a Whirlwind I may be selling. I am just up I-25 from RMPS.

#2206 2 years ago

OK. I am donated the amount listed in the tier of the game I sold as a "general" donation to pinside. This is my public notice.

#2207 2 years ago

Pretty sure its done by the honor system and you don't have to publicly disclose but, atta boy.

#2208 2 years ago

I sent you a sincere apology more than a week ago which you have chosen to ignore. And instead, it would seem you'd prefer to snipe at me on Pinside and pick little fights.
We can continue in this manner if you choose but I'd prefer not to. Unlike you, I will gladly accept your email or you can meet me at the Denver show and talk it out.

Kim

#2209 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I sent you a sincere apology more than a week ago which you have chosen to ignore. And instead, it would seem you'd prefer to snipe at me on Pinside and pick little fights.
We can continue in this manner if you choose but I'd prefer not to. Unlike you, I will gladly accept your email or you can meet me at the Denver show and talk it out.
Kim

WTH are you talking about?

Relax Kim. Not sure what fight you are picking with someone again but based on your previous transgressions of confronting people at pinball shows, it is not cool to be insinuating you will be doing it again...

Just leave it alone and stop making a big stink about everything!!! People go to pinball shows to relax and have fun, not to have to worry that you are going to come verbally confront them in person.

not sure where the content went, but nobody wants another Aurich confrontation situation to deal with when at a pinball show
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/168#post-3401181

#2210 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

not to have to worry that you are going to come verbally confront them in person.

Typical Whysnow exaggeration. One of the many reasons nobody believes or trusts you on Pinside. I'll let entirety of my comment stand and people can judge for themselves if I was threatening or not. They will also judge you and your propaganda.

#2211 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

it would seem you'd prefer to snipe at me on Pinside and pick little fights.

I seriously have no idea what you are talking about. Where did I "prefer to snipe at me on Pinside and pick little fights"? This is the part of this forum that I don't like at all.

#2212 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I seriously have no idea what you are talking about. Where did I "prefer to snipe at me on Pinside and pick little fights"? This is the part of this forum that I don't like at all.

If I'm mistaken, I apologize.

#2213 2 years ago

Excuse me ladies, this is a Fs/Ft thread.

#2214 2 years ago

Get a room right? (this is the most action the fs/ft thread has had in months sadly!)

Sold the Whirlwind.

#2215 2 years ago

Nice-The Hobbit is in the near future, kids will be pumped

Also heading to Showdown Friday afternoon and still have an Elvis for trade or sale if anyone is interested.

#2216 2 years ago

Been kicking around the idea of selling Luci this month. Will probably list an ad next week.

#2217 2 years ago

GOT pro will be on the showdown floor and possibly for sale at the showdown.

#2218 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

The Hobbit is in the near future, kids will be pumped

Loving ours (LE number 874). It's a great game. And new software coming soon (apparently). It's a beautiful game, with lots to explore.

#2219 2 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

And new software coming soon (apparently).

awesome! I had not heard that!

#2220 2 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

GOT pro will be on the showdown floor and possibly for sale at the showdown.

Youll have to let me know a price

#2221 2 years ago

Day late on the Whirlwind, darn it.

#2222 2 years ago

Pinball showdown Pinside meet and greet change of plans..

Change of venue. Chillies decided to be dicks after talking to them last week, they won't us do a group res anymore on Friday night. So I upgraded our room to a suite, and will have the meet and greet there. Will bring in food and beer and such. Also will bring some games including one of the two attack from mars remakes into the room. Room 428 at 6pm!
JJ

#2223 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I have 3 sets of "Poop Bumpers". These are vinyl toilet decals. Novelties obviously. Two flippers decals on the seat and a pop bumper decal on the lid. And it says, Poopbumper 1000
I have a few Glare Guards, *widebody only*. Please, only ask for what you need so I can get these out to as many people that need them.
Lastly, I have backboard mirrors that I named, Pinfinity Mirrors back in the day if you remember them. I have them for following games.
Stern Spiderman
Addams Family
Guns n Roses
Mirrors are plastic, an easy install and a reversible mod. And they really give the back of the game a very cool depth perspective.

Last call if you want any of these items. I have everybody's order packed that have contacted me and I will be dropping them off at Comet Pinball's booth later today or tomorrow. And as I've already posted, I will be leaving extra wide body Glare Guards so swing by the booth and pick one up.

Looks like I'll still have some left over freebies after this so if you're ever in the Boulder area swing by and play my collection. Or let me know and I can relay the items to you via my friends, Kevin Carroll at Lyon's Classic or Dan Gutches of the One Up or JJ at the Game Exchange.

Enjoy the show and I hope to see you there. Hit me up for an argument or a misunderstanding if you like.

Kim

#2224 2 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Pinball showdown Pinside meet and greet change of plans..
Change of venue. Chillies decided to be dicks after talking to them last week, they won't us do a group res anymore on Friday night. So I upgraded our room to a suite, and will have the meet and greet there. Will bring in food and beer and such. Also will bring some games including one of the two attack from mars remakes into the room. Room 428 at 6pm!
JJ

daaaaammmnnn that is sweet. I should quit my job to come hang out. You're the man JJ!

Also, super jelly of whoever got that Whirlwind! my fav system 11

#2225 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Hit me up for an argument or a misunderstanding if you like.

see you soon

#2226 2 years ago

I have an MB and a Firepower playfield that are good for wall art only. $75 each, can bring to RMPS tonight or Sunday if you want them. Leaving at 1:00 for the show today.

#2227 2 years ago
Quoted from KJL:

I have an MB and a Firepower playfield that are good for wall art only. $75 each, can bring to RMPS tonight or Sunday if you want them. Leaving at 1:00 for the show today.

pm sent on MB playfield for art

#2228 2 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

pm sent on MB playfield for art

MB is spoken for

#2229 2 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

daaaaammmnnn that is sweet. I should quit my job to come hang out. You're the man JJ!
Also, super jelly of whoever got that Whirlwind! my fav system 11

You going to be at the show tomorrow? I think we are going to open it up again. It was to much fun not to do it a second night

JJ

#2230 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Get a room right? (this is the most action the fs/ft thread has had in months sadly!)
Sold the Whirlwind.

And I love it!

#2231 2 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

You going to be at the show tomorrow? I think we are going to open it up again. It was to much fun not to do it a second night
JJ

I was suppose to be but some important family stuff came up. I'll be there Sunday and will be there to help Dean and KMac load up

#2232 2 years ago

Somebody "keyed" my backglass at RMPS! Bunch of fairly deep scratches in a 3" or so square. Stay classy Denver

Pics: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2017-rocky-mtn-pinball-showdown-june-9-11/page/2

Bit "unusual" to say the least.

#2233 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Somebody "keyed" my backglass at RMPS!

Who would do such a thing? That's just... low. WTF.

#2234 2 years ago

I wish I could have seen em... Probably would of spent the night in jail!

#2235 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Somebody "keyed" my backglass at RMPS! Bunch of fairly deep scratches in a 3" or so square. Stay classy Denver
Pics: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2017-rocky-mtn-pinball-showdown-june-9-11/page/2
Bit "unusual" to say the least.

Man, that just sucks. Hope somebody comes up with a lead, takes a true sociopath to deface a game that the owner dragged all the way to a show to share with the public.

#2236 2 years ago

Need to sell

Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean “Full LEDs and an extra set of plastics brand new in packaging still... if I don't answer send a text”
2 years ago
Littleton, CO
2,000 (Firm)

#2237 2 years ago

Sold NGG via CL. Still looking for a Hobbit.

#2238 2 years ago

Would love to get this sold/trade local.

#2239 2 years ago

Anyone in CO looking to unload a Shadow, Ripley's or Fish tales?

#2240 2 years ago

Disassembling my R&B playfield to swap in a new WABAC ramp, and the remaining ramp is looking pretty dingy by comparison. Anyone in the Denver area experienced with flame polishing and willing to take on what would hopefully be a straightforward clean and polish job (or can you recommend someone that does this type of work)? The ramp has several underside decals that would need to be avoided. Thanks!

#2241 2 years ago

I've flame polished several ramps and the results are spectacular. But I had one close call long ago that scared me enough that I'm not willing to risk damaging someone else's ramp by my mistake. And I don't know of any one who provides a service.

There are plenty of videos out there to teach you and that's how I learned. Its not that difficult to do, you just need to be careful.

Call me if you decide to try it as I have some great tips I can pass along to you. Too much to write about here and I can go into much better detail over the phone. Anyone interested is welcome to contact me if they want to give it a try.

Two things I will tell you. Make sure the ramp is as clean as possible otherwise you will melt dirt into the plastic. And keep the flame moving at all times.

Here's a couple of video's. Google for more results: Pinball flame polishing Ramps

#2242 2 years ago

It is one of the simplest repairs technically but also one of the easiest to 'f' up. you may want to practice on an old junked ramp. If you allow for too much heat from the flame it will warp and put tiny airbubbles into the plastic. So if you do it, you will want to take long breaks between 'passes' with the torch so the plastic will cool.

I bought a new Taxi ramp so i used the old one as practice. I thought I was being very conservative, but didn't allow enough time between passes to cool and a couple areas got too hot.

You can buy a benzomatic torch that has an on/off trigger. These work well because they are easy to control. Also recommended is a small kitchen-style torch that is used for dishes like creme brulee. The smaller size allows for more focus of the flame.

#2243 2 years ago

I am going to be selling my Twilight Zone (waiting on a few new chips for the sound board to be replaced before listing). It's a really nice condition game with a gorgeous playfield and some extras installed. $6800/obo is what I'm looking to get for it...

#2244 2 years ago

I attempted to flame polish once. A tiny hairline crack turned into a two inch hole in a matter of seconds. Be careful and take it very slowly with heat. Better to do a hundred times to get right than to destroy your ramp!

#2245 2 years ago

Looking for an Elvira and the party monsters

#2246 2 years ago

For cracks or broken plastic there is a liquid bond that can be applied. A few choice's out there but I've had good success with Ambroid ProWeld

Flame polishing is only for surfaces scratches. Deep scratches such as the main ball trail will be greatly reduced, nearly imperceptible, but not removed completely. You'll know its still there but not from the players position and your friends will think you bought new ramps.

#2247 2 years ago
Quoted from Kmolo:

I attempted to flame polish once. A tiny hairline crack turned into a two inch hole in a matter of seconds. Be careful and take it very slowly with heat. Better to do a hundred times to get right than to destroy your ramp!

These kind of stories make me very nervous about taking a torch to my ramp, so I'm still hoping to find someone local who will do the job for hire!

#2248 2 years ago

Looking to trade my Dragonfist toward a Stargazer or Fathom.
Also thinking about trading/selling my Banzai Run, pretty rough PF, so value it around 2500-3k

#2249 2 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

Looking to trade my Dragonfist toward a Stargazer or Fathom.
Also thinking about trading/selling my Banzai Run, pretty rough PF, so value it around 2500-3k

was that the banzai at the nest? i'd try and take it off yer hands if i had the cash right meow. glwts

#2250 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

These kind of stories make me very nervous about taking a torch to my ramp, so I'm still hoping to find someone local who will do the job for hire!

As he learned the hard way, you can not flame "Polish" a crack. No offense Komolo, its humble of you tell the story for others to learn from.

One of my tips for flame polishing is that you hold the ramp with your bare hand on the bottom and sides directly where the flame is being applied. Assuming you have nerve endings that work, that will be your alarm system to back off and its dummy proof.

Here's a suggest. Go to a plastic manufacturing company and get some free scraps to practice with. They have bins for give away or at least the one in Louisville did. Maybe take your ramp along and ask them to diagnose the type of acrylic or whatever it is and get scraps of that.

You can do it and being nervous about it will probably help you be careful. I was nervous my first time also after the scare stories.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade
$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Special When Lit
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 160.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Lit Frames
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 339.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Pro
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 142.00
Boards
nvram.weebly.com
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 229.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 132.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Vandelay Industries
There are 4194 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 84.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside