IMG_6277_(resized).JPG
IMG_6278_(resized).JPG
IMG_6279_(resized).JPG
IMG_6280_(resized).JPG
IMG_6281_(resized).JPG
IMG_6282_(resized).JPG
IMG_6283_(resized).JPG
IMG_6284_(resized).JPG

There are 7,429 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 149.
#1452 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Explain side tournaments please.

I still have plenty of time to make stuff up, but currently I'm thinking a bunch of no entry fee events where I'll kick in money for the winners:

1) High score tournament on Ghostbusters. Play as many times you want up until 9:30. There should probably be a quick finals (top 4?) since I believe there is an official trophy at stake. $20 for 1st, $10 for 2nd, $5 for 3rd.

2) Play Twilight Zone with covered flippers you can't see. Unlimited tries also? $20 to the winner.

3) Split flipper event. Random partner if feasible. High score competition on Wheel of Fortune - 3 tries max? Top two teams play a finals. $20 to winning team.

Open to other fun suggestions...

Movie will be showing. Free pizza.

#1453 7 years ago

Great, sounds like a great night of pinball!

#1454 7 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Also, Baiter mentioned this to me today...should we have a dedicated thread for Colorado events? Or maybe something outside of Pinside? A weekly email might be pretty awesome - so as to include those not on Facebook or Pinside.

My issue since I moved to CO is lack of centralized location for events. I see info spread around on web sites (poorly maintained), multiple Facebook groups (found a third today), Pinside forums (like looking for a needle in a haystack), group text messages, emails, flyers you can only find if you visit X or Y location just prior to the event.

If I want to know is monthly tournament X still REALLY going this month it's hit and miss. Once I was ready to attend a tournament but couldn't for the life of me figure out if it was really on to risk the drive, even using their own web site. Another time I went to an event only to find the venue empty. I was told in passing a different monthly tournament went defunct, yet still posted as active on one of the web sites, so I crossed it off of my own calendar of events. It just feels like a lot of effort for what boils down to a simple shared calendar that can answer "what is going on this week".

Facebook has an event calendar but I'm not seeing anyone use it. Overall I think Facebook is too generic, forces sorting and sifting to find posts about events, commonly only if you know what event you are looking for. Similarly, a single Pinside thread might be too unorganized requiring searches rather than looking at a single page listing "what's going on this week", but I would opt for it over Facebook because it's focused on pinball. Meetup.com is specifically designed for recurring events allowing organizers to set and confirm schedules with message forums/date/time/location/calendar/alarms to give you exactly "what is going on this week", works fantastic for other recurring events I attend, so I can't think of anything better at this point.

#1455 7 years ago

You need to set up the Colorado edition of The Village.

#1456 7 years ago

One thing I can Add to the Pinside Price for locals to help off set some of the Tax is Free White Glove Delivery.. Our delivery guys will deliver and Setup in your basement included in the price.. Just mention Pinside! Denver Metro.

Thanks for all the nice words too guys! Tax Sucks, but its part of the business for us.

JJ

#1457 7 years ago

Baiter, do you watch the IFPA calendar? I find that it is a well-maintained site for sanctioned events.

#1458 7 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Baiter, do you watch the IFPA calendar? I find that it is a well-maintained site for sanctioned events.

I'll add it to the list of the other sources I check, but I can already tell it suffers from the same issues I listed earlier. Next 1-up monthly tournament is listed 8 months away (I know it is next week), and the next Metroboom monthly is 7 months away (no info about it on the website as linked from IFPA to verify)... and I'm fairly certain most league info will not appear in the IFPA calendar either, so the overall value is debatable.

Quoted from HFK:

You need to set up the Colorado edition of The Village.

I know.

#1459 7 years ago

We would be happy to be the Colorado repository for all the events in Colorado. We have been trying to bring together the pinball and arcade communities in Colorado and the Rocky Mtn states and this is a way we can help with all events in Colorado.

We have a dedicated page on our site for locations with games and we just put up a new Colorado Pinball and Arcade Community Calendar. We are happy to add new events and locations. We have also set up and given access to the calendar to as many of the pinball locations and events that we know of in the state and surrounding areas. If you would like access to add events or know anyone that we should add, please let us know. The calendar is public and open for everyone to view events. Help us reach out and populate the calendar. The link is here:

http://pinballshowdown.com/colorado-pinball.html

Thank You,
Dan Nikolich

#1460 7 years ago

That's great, thanks Dan. The more resources we can bring to CO pinball, the better.

Not sure if you're looking at the right IFPA calendar, Baiter. I see 1up on 4/17, Metroboom on 4/20.

Is this where you're looking?
http://www.ifpapinball.com/calendar/

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#1461 7 years ago

Yeah the only thing the ifpa calendar lacks is the league info but the monthy tournaments and other bigger events are usually always listed and correct whenever I check it

#1462 7 years ago

It's not perfect. It only shows stuff that is IFPA approved with WPPR points, etc. The league does not.

I also notice that the Lyons Spring Classic is not listed. I think it's Memorial Day weekend. Lyons's site shows 5/27-28. PAPA has it as 5/29. Not sure, never been to that one.

http://www.lyonspinball.com/events.htm

#1463 7 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

It's not perfect. It only shows stuff that is IFPA approved with WPPR points, etc. The league does not.
I also notice that the Lyons Spring Classic is not listed. I think it's Memorial Day weekend. Lyons's site shows 5/27-28. PAPA has it as 5/29. Not sure, never been to that one.
http://www.lyonspinball.com/events.htm

It's always a Friday & Saturday event...5/27 & 5/28 is correct.

#1464 7 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

That's great, thanks Dan. The more resources we can bring to CO pinball, the better.
Not sure if you're looking at the right IFPA calendar, Baiter. I see 1up on 4/17, Metroboom on 4/20.
Is this where you're looking?
http://www.ifpapinball.com/calendar/

If you click on 1up and Metroboom on the map it shows different dates months into the future... likely an issue with the IFPA software.

#1465 7 years ago

Hello All-

Not a FS/FT post but wanted to reach out to local folks. I am having to re-carpet my game room and the carpet I am going with has a minimum order quantity greater than what I will need. My room is 22' by 14' and I will use right at 40 yrds of carpet for that. The minimum order is 67 yrds so I will have about 26 yrds left over. The carpet is black light carpet from Astro Carpet Mills and is called GeoMatrix, seen here.
http://www.astrocarpetmills.com/3
If anyone is interested in the extra I will have, I will make you an amazing deal on it (say 50% off). If you need more than 26 yrds we can add it to my order with you paying regular price for the extra above the minimum.
Shoot me a PM if interested.
Jaimie

#1466 7 years ago

I love the BL carpet we did one of my old game rooms in!

CAM00029_(resized).jpgCAM00029_(resized).jpg

#1467 7 years ago

Yeah, I really like it too. I had to dig to find this picture it is about five years ago. I only still have one of the games in this picture, the LOTR LE. The wallpaper I made from a year's subscription worth of the World Weekly News, it is on the wall opposite as well. I have had people literally stand for over an hour reading the wall.

DSC_0065_(resized).jpgDSC_0065_(resized).jpg

#1468 7 years ago
Quoted from Tazdingo:

Yeah, I really like it too. I had to dig to find this picture it is about five years ago. I only still have one of the games in this picture, the LOTR LE. The wallpaper I made from a year's subscription worth of the World Weekly News, it is on the wall opposite as well. I have had people literally stand for over an hour reading the wall.

Ya your game room is awesome Jaimie, just finish it already so you can take some of these games back, I am piling them up everywhere.

#1469 7 years ago

For Sale or Trade:

Rocky & Bullwinkle-$1800 OBO-SOLD
Williams Slug Fest-$800 OBO-SOLD

#1470 7 years ago

Ghostbusters is at Press Play in Boulder and it is awesome. Played about 20 games last night.

#1471 7 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Ghostbusters is at Press Play in Boulder and it is awesome. Played about 20 games last night.

You know when Kim's is coming in?

#1472 7 years ago

Not sure which one you were or if i was there when you were, but I should have said hi. I came in before dinner with my wife and played (literally) 2 games. It was awesome but also pure torture because i wanted to spend some more time on it.

#1473 7 years ago

i have a red beard and had a ballcap on and my tilt hammer born to tilt hoodie on. I was there from about 630 till midnight playing games but i did jump into the other room with star trek in it for a bit

#1474 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

You know when Kim's is coming in?

Should be there Monday according to Kim.

#1475 7 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Should be there Monday according to Kim.

Kim emailed today and thought Wednesday

cannot wait!

#1476 7 years ago

I've been looking for a Dr. Who. Not much listed on Pinside or around the area in classifieds. Thought I'd reach out to you guys to see if you knew of any leads.

#1477 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I've been looking for a Dr. Who. Not much listed on Pinside or around the area in classifieds. Thought I'd reach out to you guys to see if you knew of any leads.

Paradise Pinball has one on location at the Chipper Lanes North location in Fort Collins. You could call Bob and see if he'd sell

#1478 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Sorry but as far as I'm concerned it's a FREE FOR ALL on Dr. Who. May the best man win.

12z1nf_(resized).jpg12z1nf_(resized).jpg

#1479 7 years ago

Hello Fellow Pinball Friends,

I am again hosting a Pinball Tournament at Stumpy's Pizza in Castle Rock, CO on April 24, 2016 at 6pm Stumpy's Pizza in the Milestone Shopping Center, 138 S Wilcox St, Castle Rock, CO 80104 (303) 814-1800. Take I-25 south from Denver to Plum Creek parkway. Take a
left after exiting go under the Interstate and take the next left at the light. You will see a DQ and then take the next right. Stumpy's is in the Milestone shopping center behind DQ. ONLY 15 min from County Line RD!!!!! Stumpy's has great Pizza and Craft beer both on tap and in bottle.
IFPA sponsored WPPR points awarded.

http://www.ifpapinball.com/tournaments/view.php?t=13301#
Entry fee:
$5 entry
Format:
Knockout elimination format on Brackelope.
Prizes:
80% fees 1st place AND $25 Stumpy's Pizza Gift Certificate
20% fees 2nd place AND $15 Stumpy's Pizza Gift Certificate
Dialed Games and Vending, LLC Trucker hat 3rd place
Games:
Monster Bash, Iron Man vault Edition, Funhouse, Xmen LE Wolverine, Flintstones, Metallica (pro), Taxi, ACDC premium, WOZ LE

Thank you and Hope to see all your faces
Jeff Rank (FEJ) 970 389 6231
Dialed Games and Vending, LLC

#1480 7 years ago
Quoted from leothelowe:

Sorry but as far as I'm concerned it's a FREE FOR ALL on Dr. Who. May the best man win.

12z1nf_(resized).jpg

Interesting - finally a game I am not on the hunt for but apparently a ton of others are. I never really "got" dr who. Not a fan of the show though.

There is one on location at Pie Hole near 1st and Broadway. Not sure who operator is, but bet you could make an offer. I think I read somewhere it was never a good earner, but became popular with collectors. Who knows, maybe they would sell.

#1481 7 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

I never really "got" dr who.

it's a bit of an oddball and the mpf is a pita if you have to fix it but the game is really fun.

#1482 7 years ago

I have a nice Addams Family Gold with certificate I would like to trade for a Monster Bash.

#1483 7 years ago

Anyone have a KISS Premium/LE or an Avengers LE they might want to sell or trade? As always would love a 24 but they seem impossible to find, especially local.

Beginning my hunt for a restored/near perfect Congo or Fish Tales as well if anyone will let me pry it loose.

#1484 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Anyone have a KISS Premium/LE or an Avengers LE they might want to sell or trade? As always would love a 24 but they seem impossible to find, especially local.
Beginning my hunt for a restored/near perfect Congo or Fish Tales as well if anyone will let me pry it loose.

Pretty sure Universal Pinball has a Kiss LE with a topper on consignment, the same guy owned the TWD LE I picked up in December and both games had been sitting there since early summer.

http://universalpinball.net/pinball-machines/page/2/

#1485 7 years ago

Ghostbusters is now up and running at Pinball Jones!
Launch party this Sunday starting at 4, but qualifying runs till 6.
Get yer practice in! Also, Wed. night is league night, so feel free to come meet some other local players!

#1486 7 years ago

I've got a roadshow and no good gofers that I'm selling. Let me know if any interest. Roadshow recently shopped out, no wear at the fish. No good gofers is clean with no ramp wear. I'll post pictures later today.

#1487 7 years ago
Quoted from Sijcolo:

I've got a roadshow and no good gofers that I'm selling. Let me know if any interest. Roadshow recently shopped out, no wear at the fish. No good gofers is clean with no ramp wear. I'll post pictures later today.

how much for the NGG?

#1488 7 years ago

I'm asking 3700 for ngg.

#1489 7 years ago

For Sale, $7,500.00 Wizard of OZ-Emerald City Limited Edition-#666 of 1000........Somewhat reluctantly---I just feel like its time.
Check out my ad on Craigslist if you want to.................Located in the Denver,CO. metro area-and really want an interested party to be able to come see it and able to transport from my house.
Thanks,Kirk
denver.craigslist.org link

Added over 8 years ago: Machine is no longer available-Thank you all for showing interest.

#1490 7 years ago
Quoted from v8torino:

For Sale, $7,500.00 Wizard of OZ-Emerald City Limited Edition-#666 of 1000........Somewhat reluctantly---I just feel like its time.

#666! It's calling my name...

#1491 7 years ago

WOZ is the only game I ever regretted selling. Sooo tempting, but hard to justify rebuying a game when there are so many I've never played. GLWS.

#1492 7 years ago

Man I hate that regret word................I hope not to be regretting about this time next year Thanks for the GLWS

#1493 7 years ago
Quoted from v8torino:

Check out my ad on Craigslist if you want to.................Located in the Denver,CO. metro area-and really want an interested party to be able to come see it and able to transport from my house.
Thanks,Kirk

V8Torino is a solid guy. Buy with confidence.

I haven't seen you on Pinside or in person for a long while, Kirk. That's a loss for all. I hope you're well.

Kim

#1494 7 years ago

Hi Kim,
Thx. for the complement !!!!!!!,Have thought of you as well my friend,I have been on the D/L for a couple years-both parents passed since then-busy doing life's curveballs..............work...selling and buying a house,and messing with this WOZ and trying to get this Game Plan Cocktail pin somewhat working.
My best always,Kirk

#1495 7 years ago

Is that indy 500 on Craigslist anyone on here's ad?

#1496 7 years ago

I think it might be mike at mirage.

#1497 7 years ago

Duplicating my post on the 2016 Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown. I'm interested in another project pin or candidate pin for a re-theme, maybe even an empty DMD cabinet with legs. If your interested in freeing up space or unload a parts game I may be interested and can pick up on my way from SOCO up to Denver in June for the show.

Send me a PM with details.

Also interested in meeting other people interested in making a game from scratch or with experience to share about building a custom game. I'm an artist and maker, but not a programmer or engineer, or even game designer, anyone in the region interested in working on a project and want to meet up to just talk shop or even partner on a build, I'm very interested in meeting while at the show. I live in SoCo but may be moving north, finding a team or community interested in working together on a custom project might be reason enough. I have fairly fleshed out themes for the movie Fifth Element and another for Blizzard/Activision's video game series Diablo in B&W, if there's interest I'll bring sketches and ideal details to the show to share.

Thanks in advance, John

#1498 7 years ago

I've seen it

#1499 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Anyone have a 24

Old guy on CL has 24 for $3300

#1500 7 years ago

The Indy 500 in Arvada is Scott and it's a pretty nice machine.

There are 7,429 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 149.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colorado-whats-fsft/page/30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.