IMG_6277_(resized).JPG
IMG_6278_(resized).JPG
IMG_6279_(resized).JPG
IMG_6280_(resized).JPG
IMG_6281_(resized).JPG
IMG_6282_(resized).JPG
IMG_6283_(resized).JPG
IMG_6284_(resized).JPG
There are 7,460 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 150.
#1401 8 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

I want to buy a Ghostbusters Premium. It will be my first NIB Stern. Obviously I want the best price and I plan on calling around. I've heard lots of great things about JJ at GE but then there's the whole sales tax thing.
I figured I would ask the locals who do you buy from and why?

I checked around for a Metallica Pro awhile back and everyone was pretty much the same for lift gate service to the driveway. Unfortunately I would agree that for buying local the tax does kill it. I guess if you ran into problems buying local might have an advantage, but I would just work with your distributor and stern...

#1402 8 years ago

Agreed---You are already dropping 8k...what's a few hundred more? Pinball as an "investment" is a loser, so just pay the tax. I think GE has a "white glove" option as well...right in to the house with setup. Save your back.

"Taxes are the price of a civilized society."

PS Mention Pinside and you'll get the rock bottom pricing at GE as well

#1403 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

...what's a few hundred more?

A few hundred dollars in my pocket

#1404 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

A few hundred dollars in my pocket

true...but that on an 8k machine, supporting a local pinball business--not many of those in the entire country, and providing the money that is used to run police/fire/roads/schools etc. If you are spending 8k on a toy...that few hundred shouldn't hurt or you shouldn't be buying.

#1405 8 years ago

JJ at GEX makes it worth it to buy local.

#1406 8 years ago

Hobbit is at LCP

#1407 8 years ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

Hobbit is at LCP

Awesome!

#1408 8 years ago

JJ & crew always get first shot from our camp when looking for pins...NEVER had a poor experience. Buy local! I feel for all of the people who don't have an old school brick & mortar store to go see, jam on and play the table they're looking for or play game samples that are on the floor! Having moved to the Denver area from the middle of nowhere, I appreciate having a retail game store close by. Thanks GEX.

CLW

#1409 8 years ago

Are you bringing a game or games to this year's show? Confirm your game by Saturday and come to the annual Pins and Pins event April 3 from 1-4pm with free bowling, free pinball, free BBQ, and your first drink provided by the Rocky Mtn Pinball Showdown! Confirm your games now to [email protected] to get your invite. Thanks!

#1410 8 years ago
Quoted from dnikolich:

Are you bringing a game or games to this year's show? Confirm your game by Saturday and come to the annual Pins and Pins event April 3 from 1-4pm with free bowling, free pinball, free BBQ, and your first drink provided by the Rocky Mtn Pinball Showdown! Confirm your games now to [email protected] to get your invite. Thanks!

I think its great you're doing this, Dan.

#1411 8 years ago

bunch of fake ads on CL...sad, strange person out there somewhere.

#1412 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

It's April Fools day... They are supposed to be jokes I'm guessing.

#1413 8 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

They are supposed to be jokes I'm guessing.

got it. Jokes are supposed to be funny though.

#1414 8 years ago

Buy from Game Exchange, and not because they're local. They have a relationship with Stern that is very strong, possibly the strongest of all the dealers. It doesn't mean other guys can't get things done, but when I had a problem, Game Exchange took care of it. I believe 90% of the dealers out there wouldn't have been able to get done what they did for me.

We all know that things can go wrong with NIB games, buy them from Game Exchange, it's a cheap insurance policy as far as I'm concerned.

#1415 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

April Fools day is the worst day on the internet.

#1416 8 years ago

ST Premium Sold , thanks for the inquiries.

#1417 8 years ago

Last chance: Looking for a Fire! before I ship one.

Also hunting for:
South Park
BOP

#1418 8 years ago

Contact me about the BOP. Diamond Plate playfield.

#1419 8 years ago

Shout out to Kevin at Lyons Classic Pinball. We had a blast on Friday. You have an awesome setup there with great pins that are all well maintained. Wish we could have stayed longer but my sons stomach was hurting a bit. It was great talking shop with you and I'll definitely be back soon.

Like I was telling you, the surprise of the night for me was how much I liked the feel and shots of the new Kiss LE. That wasn't on my radar at all until now. So if anyone out there is wanting to sell their Premium let me know. Can anyone pm me what JJ is selling those for? If not I'll just give him a call on Monday. Thanks.

#1420 8 years ago

Elicash,
Sadly there is nowhere to play pinball in Durango. PM me if you want to play some private pins if you are visiting.

#1421 8 years ago
Quoted from jcpinny:

Elicash,
Sadly there is nowhere to play pinball in Durango. PM me if you want to play some private pins if you are visiting.

Damn, sorry I missed you. Looks like you have a fun lineup too. Thanks for the offer.

Back in Denver. Was down there with my wife for a quick vacation. Such a beautiful town. Someone more entrepreneurial than me needs to open a barcade down there. Seems with the train, the tourists, and the college it would be a no brainer!

#1422 8 years ago

Hey all I just wanted to let people know there is a new arcade in Denver. It is called Gameworks and is located in Northfield Stapleton next to Bass Pro shop. They just opened last week and it is a corporate game company with locations across the US. The business model is very close to Dave and Busters but they have a way better selection of games and yes-they have pinball. Currently Metallica, Game of Thrones, Kiss, and Iron Man. Check it out.

http://www.gameworks.com/

#1423 8 years ago

Did someone here buy the LOTR VE in Co. Springs for 5K Man I wanted the game and to put it next to The Hobbit some day! But right now redoing the downstairs and pin area for various reasons. Including mother-in-law is coming in a couple of weeks to watch the kids as wife and I go on a trip to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. So not the right time to be buying a pin--darn!

#1424 8 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Did someone here buy the LOTR VE in Co. Springs for 5K Man I wanted the game and to put it next to The Hobbit some day! But right now redoing the downstairs and pin area for various reasons. Including mother-in-law is coming in a couple of weeks to watch the kids as wife and I go on a trip to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. So not the right time to be buying a pin--darn!

There is not a VE of LOTR, maybe another april fools prank? I did not see the ad so I dunno

#1425 8 years ago

It was the LE LOTR.

#1426 8 years ago

Anyone local have a earthshaker backglass?

#1427 8 years ago

There was a small bid war between two people on the LOTR LE. I believe it sold for close to 5,500 and probably well worth it. Looked nice. Congrats to whoever snagged it.

#1428 8 years ago

denver.craigslist.org link

Thought this was kinda funny. Hey pal whenever I buy LED ZEPPELIN memorabilia the transaction has to take place in a dark alley in the middle of 5 points.....

#1429 8 years ago

[Sold] Put my IMVE up for sale on craigslist. $4,800. Thoughts? (besides the low 130mil grand champion score)

Already had one person who is interested to buy it as a surprise for their father. They were generous enough to offer more money to secure the transaction but they would not be there to pickup because they are in a "temperate rainforest making wood and paper products."

#1430 8 years ago

Are than any places to play pin in loveland? Any hidden gems? I've played the games at the bowling alley and the laundromat. Been trying to find all the location games in the area up north and give em a whirl and some coin drop

#1431 8 years ago

Severe lack of public game places in northern Colorado. I haven't been able to find anything in Loveland.

If there is ever an organized group of local enthusiasts in the area who make the rounds, put me in for one of the stops in Windsor, with my home game room build.

img43_(resized).jpgimg43_(resized).jpg

#1432 8 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Are than any places to play pin in loveland? Any hidden gems? I've played the games at the bowling alley and the laundromat. Been trying to find all the location games in the area up north and give em a whirl and some coin drop

Not many I know of out that way. You need to just come rock it at my place, I think I'll top most locations.

#1433 8 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

Severe lack of public game places in northern Colorado. I haven't been able to find anything in Loveland.
If there is ever an organized group of local enthusiasts in the area who make the rounds, put me in for one of the stops in Windsor, with my home game room build.

img43_(resized).jpg

Nice setup!

Quoted from bemmett:

Not many I know of out that way. You need to just come rock it at my place, I think I'll top most locations.

Yeah I would love to jam on your games!

I would just like to support any coin op ones hangin around the area too!

#1434 8 years ago

If you drive 15-20 min further south I have No Fear, Junkyard , Fam Guy, and Roller Coaster Tycoon in Longmont at Tasty Weasel Oskar Blues tasting room at Brewery . 10 more min to Lyons Classic Pinball, just got Hobbit plus 40 or so others.

#1435 8 years ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

If you drive 15-20 min further south I have No Fear, Junkyard , Fam Guy, and Roller Coaster Tycoon in Longmont at Tasty Weasel Oskar Blues tasting room at Brewery . 10 more min to Lyons Classic Pinball, just got Hobbit plus 40 or so others.

Yeah, I go to lyons quit often! And I'm the cpt of the Fort Collins traveling team and we play Lyons the last week of the season. Thanks for having all the great games available, bring back TX-Sector tho

#1436 8 years ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

My favorite pinball place and Kevin is a really nice guy also! He keeps his games in great working shape and really loves pinball. Lyons Classic Pinball is worth the drive.

#1437 8 years ago

Just a heads up, Pinball Jones in Fort Collins will be holding a Ghostbusters Launch Party on Sunday, May 1st starting at 4pm.

Facebook event info here:
https://www.facebook.com/events/766606546774487/

Event states that from 4 to 6 pm is one qualifying game on Ghostbusters for seating followed by a double elimination tournament. Championship game on Ghostbusters. Also, a secondary tournament on Ghostbusters for Highscore of the night wins a cash prize as well. This is on the IFPA schedule and will be worth WPPR points. Payout to 1st, 2nd, 3rd in the Tournament. $5 entry fee. all entry fees goes to the prize pool

Come up to the Fort and play some Ghostbusters!

#1438 8 years ago

Yeah, I go to lyons quit often! And I'm the cpt of the Fort Collins traveling team and we play Lyons the last week of the season. Thanks for having all the great games available, bring back TX-Sector tho

I have got a TX-Sector for Kevin, but I am going to need a frontier to replace the spot

or a viking

or possibly Andromeda

#1439 8 years ago

Just a heads up, Pinball Jones in Fort Collins will be holding a Ghostbusters Launch Party on Sunday, May 1st starting at 4pm.

Damn, I will be in Vegas that weekend for my 40th. So I get kicked in the nuts twice... once for being friggin 40 and another for missing this get together.

#1440 8 years ago

Anyone have a Bally Frontier or Bally Viking for sale or trade? Gotta get that TX from Whysnow

#1441 8 years ago

Anyone have a Bally Frontier or Bally Viking for sale or trade? Gotta get that TX from Whysnow

LOL,

I was just going to come in here and post my ad.

I will be travelling to CO in early September for some concerts, camping, and Dory Hill and could bring TX along if a trade is worked out in advance.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/33433

#1442 8 years ago

Selling a working Maverick pinball machine. Works well and plays with no problems. Does have damage on left inside cabinet area. Playfield is nice. I'd like to sell in this weekend as mother in law arrives soon and need the room for her. Basically first person who comes to get it will sell if for $1300 as need to get it moved soon.

#1443 8 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Selling a working Maverick pinball machine. Works well and plays with no problems. Does have damage on left inside cabinet area. Playfield is nice. I'd like to sell in this weekend as mother in law arrives soon and need the room for her. Basically first person who comes to get it will sell if for $1300 as need to get it moved soon.

PM sent!

#1444 8 years ago

Sorry, Maverick sold to the first person who contacted me.

#1445 8 years ago

I'm also doing a GB launch party in Boulder. Press Play, 6:30pm on Saturday April 30th. The bar is 21+ after 7pm, but you can come any time earlier in the day and still participate. Mine is going to be more of a party, with several small side tournaments. If this is your first event at Press Play, you get 15 free games*!

https://www.facebook.com/events/252704955069630

* assuming you have an iOS or Android device that can download the PayRange app

#1446 8 years ago

Also, Baiter mentioned this to me today...should we have a dedicated thread for Colorado events? Or maybe something outside of Pinside? A weekly email might be pretty awesome - so as to include those not on Facebook or Pinside.

#1447 8 years ago

Poor reading skills. Never mind.

#1448 8 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

I'm also doing a GB launch party in Boulder. Press Play, 6:30pm on Saturday April 30th. The bar is 21+ after 7pm, but you can come any time earlier in the day and still participate. Mine is going to be more of a party, with several small side tournaments. If this is your first event at Press Play, you get 15 free games*!
https://www.facebook.com/events/252704955069630
* assuming you have an iOS or Android device that can download the PayRange app

Sweet, I'm going to try and make it. Explain side tournaments please.

#1449 8 years ago

Who wants to sell me a nice Avatar for a decent price?

There are 7,460 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 150.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colorado-whats-fsft/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.