5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,180 posts
  • 269 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by OilGuy
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 161 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

twd-bg.IMG_20160507_112724_(resized).jpg
twd-pf.IMG_20160507_112528_(resized).jpg
twd-cab.IMG_20160507_112903_(resized).jpg
IMG_6271_(resized).JPG
IMG_6273_(resized).JPG
IMG_6274_(resized).JPG
IMG_6275_(resized).JPG
IMG_6276_(resized).JPG
IMG_6277_(resized).JPG
IMG_6278_(resized).JPG
IMG_6279_(resized).JPG
IMG_6280_(resized).JPG
IMG_6281_(resized).JPG
IMG_6282_(resized).JPG
IMG_6283_(resized).JPG
IMG_6284_(resized).JPG

There are 4180 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 84.
#1301 3 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Judge Dredd still available if anybody would like to look at it. Please see CL ad. $2400 firm. Thanks!

Wish you weren't firm on price

#1302 3 years ago

You have to see it to make that judgement IMO.

#1303 3 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

You have to see it to make that judgement IMO.

If you still have it this time next year I'll take it

#1304 3 years ago

I am looking for a reasonably priced HUO LOTR if anyone has any leads.(Edit-Found)

#1305 3 years ago

I have a working Maverick for sale. Just posted pics on Denver CL. Has damage on inside cabinet above left side of playfield from a wire form. Will sell for $1500 to a Pinsider.

#1307 3 years ago

Starting my search for first pinball machine. Up in the Fort Collins area. Thinking about the DM machine on CL. Wondering if anyone has taken a look at it or if it belongs to someone on the board?
Can't post link since I am new or would link it to post.

#1308 3 years ago
Quoted from RabidBunny:

Starting my search for first pinball machine. Up in the Fort Collins area.

You go to Pinball Jones to play much?

What kind of price range are you hoping to find a game for, might help narrow the search better.

#1309 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

You go to Pinball Jones to play much?
What kind of price range are you hoping to find a game for, might help narrow the search better.

I have gone to Pinball Jones twice. Looking at $2000 range but not stupid firm (if a great machine came up that was more would look at it). My main concern is I am a pinball novice and will have kids playing the game so want a better machine for beginners.

#1310 3 years ago
Quoted from RabidBunny:

Starting my search for first pinball machine.

Data East Checkpoint for $1500 from Mike (pikes peak pinball) denver.craigslist.org link

Game will be working 100% if you buy from him. He might give a little on price too.

#1311 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Data East Checkpoint for $1500 from Mike (pikes peak pinball) denver.craigslist.org link
Game will be working 100% if you buy from him. He might give a little on price too.

Thank you. I will research this machine to see if looks good to me.

#1312 3 years ago

The DM would be a much better buy for a beginner. Much more longgevity.

#1313 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

The DM would be a much better buy for a beginner. Much more longgevity.

agreed, DM is a great game for both a beginner and someone more seasoned. Noobs love the handles and anyone can learn to get a few combos going. Seasoned players can work towards completing all multiballs and demotime in a single game.

#1314 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

The DM would be a much better buy for a beginner.

DM is $2500, could probably get that Checkpoint for $1200-1300 just to get your feet wet without dropping $2500 right out of the gates. DM should be twice the game since it's twice the price though so probably would have more longevity obviously...or not, opinions on pinball are highly individualized...

#1315 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

DM should be twice the game since it's twice the price

It is at least twice the game. Especially with the ROM upgrade for new rules etc. Also, I think he can get th demo man for $2,200, maybe $2,300.

It's a lot easier to resell when he is done with it as well.

#1316 3 years ago
Quoted from RabidBunny:

Starting my search for first pinball machine. Up in the Fort Collins area. Thinking about the DM machine on CL. Wondering if anyone has taken a look at it or if it belongs to someone on the board?
Can't post link since I am new or would link it to post.

Used games can be a bitch. My vote would be to save more... buy a NIB Stern. If you find pinball isn't your thing you can sell it pretty easy for most of your money back.

If you buy a used machine that has hidden problems it will be a pain in your ass to fix and resell and you will be out more money.

#1317 3 years ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

Used games can be a bitch. My vote would be to save more... buy a NIB Stern. If you find pinball isn't your thing you can sell it pretty easy for most of your money back.
If you buy a used machine that has hidden problems it will be a pain in your ass to fix and resell and you will be out more money.

I have been contemplating this option also. I had started arcade machine collecting about a year ago. So far working on those has been OK, but concerned fixing a pinball machine will be a bit more difficult.

#1318 3 years ago
Quoted from RabidBunny:

fixing a pinball machine will be a bit more difficult.

If you get a solid working machine from a trusted seller, very minor items are likely to be all that goes wrong. A NIB may actually need several tweaks--sometimes more(!) than a good used one(plus you'll have the new car syndrome where you lose 500-1000 bucks when you bring home a NIB).

#1319 3 years ago

I'm may be selling my HUO Star Trek LE in pristine condition with Cliffys installed. PM me if interested.

#1320 3 years ago

Used game, new game, just moving the game means it can need some work.

Your budget is $2k, don't buy a new game.

Buy a WPC DMD game. If for no other reason, it will be easier to sell.

#1321 3 years ago
Quoted from RabidBunny:

I had started arcade machine collecting about a year ago. So far working on those has been OK, but concerned fixing a pinball machine will be a bit more difficult.

That's where I was when I started pinball. Pinball machines have way more problems than vids, but they're easier to learn to fix (and most of the problems are smaller than what is required of recapping monitors or board repair).

#1322 3 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

That's where I was when I started pinball. Pinball machines have way more problems than vids, but they're easier to learn to fix (and most of the problems are smaller than what is required of recapping monitors or board repair).

Exactly... pinball issues tend to impact a small section of the game and repair takes 2 minutes with a screwdriver. When a video game has an issue it tends to be 100% unplayable and requires 30 minutes of electronics troubleshooting and repair. The fear of buying a used pinball machine is largely unfounded... everyone has to learn how to repair them at some point!

#1323 3 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Exactly... pinball issues tend to impact a small section of the game and repair takes 2 minutes with a screwdriver. When a video game has an issue it tends to be 100% unplayable and requires 30 minutes of electronics troubleshooting and repair. The fear of buying a used pinball machine is largely unfounded... everyone has to learn how to repair them at some point!

Learning the mechanical repair issues of pinball machines is a skill that is straight forward. The same goes for maintenance issues. The difficulties arise with electrical problems especially with circuit boards. It takes more than a screw driver. Unless you are adept at the electronic stuff it is a steep learning curve. Many times I have had my repair guy fix something (usually a board) that was way beyond my skill set.

#1324 3 years ago
Quoted from reynolds531:

The difficulties arise with electrical problems especially with circuit boards. It takes more than a screw driver.

Yes, there are as many electronics involved in a pinball machine as a video game, but my experience is this: I've owned 18 pins and 18 video games. I've had issues with 16 of the 18 video games, usually multiple times, and that usually involves a repair tech, but only 6 of the 18 pins. While it may have something to do with the age of the games, my older pins have been fairly solid performers. I understand there is a lot better chance of bulletproofing vids than pins, but that is contrary to my personal experience in a home use environment.

#1325 3 years ago

Still have the Silverball Mania. I'd sell it for $650 to a Pinsider.

--Luke

SBM_(resized).jpg

#1326 3 years ago

Thank you to everyone for all the great advice. I checked out the demolition man today and seems in good shape. There is one issue with a weak ball eject and one piece of plastic inside that needs to be replaced. There are 4 switch errors (looking at diagnostic log) but I don't think that should be a big deal. Seller has been willing to meet my price range to will pick it up from him.

#1327 3 years ago
Quoted from RabidBunny:

There are 4 switch errors

As long as the boards are good...are you comfortable repairing a machine? That many switch errors of unknown origin you should be getting it below the listed price for sure

#1328 3 years ago

Nice looking STTNG on CL: fortcollins.craigslist.org link

Already have one or I'd take a look

#1329 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Nice looking STTNG on CL: " target="_blank">fortcollins.craigslist.org link
Already have one or I'd take a look

Hey thanks! It's mine. The BF on CL is also mine. I enjoy working on my pins and both are in great shape. PM me if interested.

#1330 3 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Hey thanks! It's mine. The BF on CL is also mine. I take pride in my pins and both are in great shape. PM me if interested.

Looks a bit nicer than my machine--I've got the lasers, new boards, some LED, colorDMD. Yours is a great deal with the ships/blades/shaker/laser cannons

#1331 3 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Hey thanks! It's mine. The BF on CL is also mine. I enjoy working on my pins and both are in great shape. PM me if interested.

Nice looking game!

#1332 3 years ago

I have played that STTNG and it is amazing! someones gonna get a hell of a machine. you should sell it to Pinball Jones so I can play it again

#1333 3 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

I have played that STTNG and it is amazing! someones gonna get a hell of a machine. you should sell it to Pinball Jones so I can play it again

Thanks! I tried...

#1334 3 years ago
Quoted from rad:

Nice looking game!

Thank you

#1335 3 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

I can vouch for the quality on all of his games and awesome buyer/seller to work with. We have swapped lots of games in the past. Deal with confidence if anyone wants some awesome samples of each of those games, 2 of the nicer ones I've seen on both.

#1337 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Project CaveMan on CL denver.craigslist.org link

Cool!

#1338 3 years ago

The caveman is overpriced, isn't it?

#1339 3 years ago
Quoted from Sijcolo:

The caveman is overpriced, isn't it?

Probably double what it's worth I'd guess...maybe worse if the boards are all trashed

Don't see them that often though

#1340 3 years ago

If anyone is selling any system 11s or a game on my wish list to buy a ghost busters hit me up! Got the pin fever bad and the only thing that can cure it is ........MORE COW BELL, or South Park that might work too.

#1341 3 years ago

I am offering up a Williams Indiana Jones for trade or sale. It plays great and looks good. New cabinet decals,new Rottendog board and some new opto boards. PM if interested

#1342 3 years ago

Would trade for minty MB, TAF or IJ. (+/- cash as appropriate)

For sale/trade:
AFM, T3, Black Knight LE, Taxi, Cyclopes

#1343 3 years ago

Thought this would be a good place to let people know about the 2016 RMPS thread. If you are interested in helping out by bringing a game, running a tournament, being a vendor, helping set up, or anything else, please let me know.

We have some new incentives for bringing a game this year, check out the thread for all the info.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2016-rocky-mtn-pinball-showdown-june-10-12

#1344 3 years ago

Selling my Game of Thrones Topper, $400, you can save $100 (plus shipping costs). It's brand new, works perfectly.

#1345 3 years ago

Looking to sell HUO KISS LE. Making room for a Ghostbusters LE. low plays, I can send pictures to interested parties.

#1346 3 years ago

Selling my Revenge from Mars and extra Nucore system if anyone's looking for one. Can send pics.

#1347 3 years ago

any other colorado guys going to TPF?

#1348 3 years ago

I'll be at TPF!

#1349 3 years ago

I'm going

#1350 3 years ago
Quoted from angus:

I'll be at TPF!

Nice, not sure if i've ever meet either of you guys in real life, are you going to JJ's get together friday night?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 23.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 75.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 69.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 24.50
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 62.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 89.00
Cabinet Parts
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
There are 4180 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 84.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside