IMG_6277_(resized).JPG
IMG_6278_(resized).JPG
IMG_6279_(resized).JPG
IMG_6280_(resized).JPG
IMG_6281_(resized).JPG
IMG_6282_(resized).JPG
IMG_6283_(resized).JPG
IMG_6284_(resized).JPG
There are 7,453 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 150.
#6701 1 year ago
Quoted from Aladdin:

Cool retro Rowe Change Machine for trade. The “Change” sign is glass not plastic.
DM me with what you got. I’m easy. Project pin, Populated PF, Backglass, Man Cave stuff.
I filled it up with quarters and tested it with $1.

Other - For Trade

Bill Change Machine

New ad!

“Rowe BC-2500 Change Machine.
I tested a $1 and it makes change.
The “Change” lighted sign is glass not plastic.
I’m up for trades. Project pins, populated playfields, Backgl...”

1 hour ago

Denver, CO
(12 mi)

Aladdin

Trade

That was an awesome deal for $10. I was second in line on it. Congrats on the grab.

#6702 1 year ago
Quoted from Charles_Kline:

That was an awesome deal for $10. I was second in line on it. Congrats on the grab.

I paid $20 (I didn’t have time to stop for change). LOL

#6703 1 year ago

I am selling my Johny Mnemonic on Craigslist. I am new to the forum, but have been on Pinside for a couple of years and appreciate the community here in Colorado. DM me if you have any questions. Willing to negotiate price for a fellow Pinsider.

#6704 1 year ago

Dumb sales tax question; I’ve never bought a NIB machine (in 30y in the hobby). If I buy from Den GEX I assume I would pay sales tax. If I bought from out of state I assume I wouldn’t pay sales tax (but would pay shipping). Could you all comment about your own calculations in similar (NIB) decisions.

#6705 1 year ago
Quoted from colorado_cabrio:

Dumb sales tax question; I’ve never bought a NIB machine (in 30y in the hobby). If I buy from Den GEX I assume I would pay sales tax. If I bought from out of state I assume I wouldn’t pay sales tax (but would pay shipping). Could you all comment about your own calculations in similar (NIB) decisions.

My experience:
- if you buy locally/GEX, you will pay sales tax.
- if you buy out of state, you SHOULD be charged sales tax by the dealer/distributor. Most all should by now, but there may be some that don't.
- if you buy out of state and DO NOT pay sales tax at the time of sale, you are obligated to pay the sales tax at the time you do your state taxes in April. If you don't pay it then, and the sale gets traced back to you via the dealer/distributor's sales record, you can be fined and audited in addition to having to pay the sales tax in arears. I've got friends that gamble with that and don't pay it if they're not charged when buying from dealers/distributors out of state and they've never been caught, but for me it's not worth the potential hassle (fine and audit) if I do get caught.

#6706 1 year ago

It's really not about the tax, imho. GEX does a lot to support CO pinball. I buy from them.

#6707 1 year ago

More an fyi than a comment, but you're still supposed to pay sales tax on out of sales purchases like this (it's called 'consumer use tax' here)-- there's a section for it in your taxes and not doing so is technically tax fraud

#6708 1 year ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

My experience:
- if you buy locally/GEX, you will pay sales tax.
- if you buy out of state, you SHOULD be charged sales tax by the dealer/distributor. Most all should by now, but there may be some that don't.
- if you buy out of state and DO NOT pay sales tax at the time of sale, you are obligated to pay the sales tax at the time you do your state taxes in April. If you don't pay it then, and the sale gets traced back to you via the dealer/distributor's sales record, you can be fined and audited in addition to having to pay the sales tax in arears. I've got friends that gamble with that and don't pay it if they're not charged when buying from dealers/distributors out of state and they've never been caught, but for me it's not worth the potential hassle (fine and audit) if I do get caught.

My take? If you are local, by from Game Exchange. You should be paying tax anyway - why not buy from one of the best distributors in the business? You’ll get great service and not have to stress about shipping.

#6709 1 year ago

Putting up my very nice AIQ Pro for sale. I'm completely biased of course, but I feel that the pro on this one is much more fun, flowy and approachable on this one.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/155560

#6710 1 year ago

GEX is good people. What you pay in sales tax is worth how much JJ will take care of you should something go wrong.

#6711 1 year ago

ISO a Bram Stoker’s Dracula for a gift, anyone have one for sale in the state around $5-$6k? We’re in Windsor.

#6712 1 year ago

Agree with all of that. JJ at game exchange is great and like the others agree that their customers is excellent which I can personally vouch for having bought all of my new pins from them.
Will you pay several hundred in taxes - yes
Will you pay several hundred from out of state for shipping - yes
Will GEX support you if something goes wrong - yes and will even send a tech to your house if needed
Will an out of state place help - maybe but likely refer you to the manufacturer and not likely to send a tech so you’re on your own.
Feel lucky that you live near such a great pinball business!

#6713 1 year ago

A friend of mine is selling his NIB, Cosmic Cart Racing from Multimorphic for $2600. Regular price is $3000.
Also save on shipping cost if you're local and can pick it up at my house. Otherwise happy to ship it to you at cost.

#6714 1 year ago

GO AVs!!!

#6715 1 year ago
Quoted from HornerSyndrome:

Agree with all of that. JJ at game exchange is great and like the others agree that their customers is excellent which I can personally vouch for having bought all of my new pins from them.
Will you pay several hundred in taxes - yes
Will you pay several hundred from out of state for shipping - yes
Will GEX support you if something goes wrong - yes and will even send a tech to your house if needed
Will an out of state place help - maybe but likely refer you to the manufacturer and not likely to send a tech so you’re on your own.
Feel lucky that you live near such a great pinball business!

In the two times I've called Game Exchange game/glass I was treated rudely and abruptly. That's just my experience and why I'll never consider buying anything from them. My out of state distro (Hemispheres Amusements) takes care of me, always answers the phone, never gives me an attitude, never acts like I'm bothering them no matter how frivolous the question may be. To be clear on the two calls to Game Exchange, once was looking for some glass to pickup at the show in Denver to avoid shipping and was told they didn't have any but even if they did I couldn't pick it up at the show (can't remember the reason/excuse) with a very condescending/rude tone. The second time I called was to inquire about a game and its availability and whoever I was talking to literally laughed at me for asking so I abruptly ended the call. (no I didn't just hang up I said "okay, well thank you for answering" then hung up).

I want to be fair, I'm sure everyone has different experiences and I'm sure there are plenty of happy customers otherwise they wouldn't be in business, but for me, never again. Seems like you need to have an "in" with JJ/Game Exchange to be treated fairly and respectfully and at the time when I first moved to CO I didn't know anyone here and was just a cold caller. Oh well...

#6716 1 year ago

Machine - For Sale
As new - New out of box (first owner) - “Hello Ultraman CE unboxed in July. I’m the first owner. Game has just over 1200 plays total. Game is fully functional. $6200 OBO Trades considered Munsters Beatles Aer...”
2023-06-03
Frisco, CO
5,999 (OBO)
Archived after: 27 days
Viewed: 725 times

Who’s looking for an ultraman CE? Anyone want to do a trade?

#6717 1 year ago

Ugh, horrible first period. Gru won't be able to come up with those miracle saves for long.

Anyhow, likely going to sell my very nice TSPP in the near future. NVRAM, color DMD, full set of uninstalled cliffys. PM me

#6718 12 months ago

For any EM fans out there I'll be trying something new next month at Tilt Pinball in Louisville that I'm calling EM Pinball Repair Day. It's an all day, hands on group repair day. Bring a game and we'll work through them all, as a group, round robin style. Space is limited. Details for Repair Day and other upcoming classes and exhibits are at:

https://www.funwithpinball.com/services/coverage-and-events#Events

#6719 12 months ago

Hey all,
Just an early heads up I am going to need to sell a few games here soon as I have some opportunities to grab some other games I have been wanting and have some others coming in and just out of space, time and money. I probably plan on listing like 4-6 games for sale and let fate decide what stays and goes(like many, I really don't want to get rid of any if I had the choice), but I need to sell 2-3 at a minimum.

Here is a quick list of ones I will likely consider selling:
James Bond LE - For a good discount over NIB
Alien - Original Heighway one that is pimped out beyond belief, extra playfield with every spare part and usually multiples of most
Twilight Zone - SUPER NICE example with tons of additions and mods
Legends of Valhalla
Cactus Canyon LE - Brand new basically, not my main choice to sell but might consider if I can't move others
Walking Dead - Pimped out pinball refinery edition premium with tons of cool mods and additions

If anyone is interested in any above feel free to hit me up in advance. Probably start getting ads together this weekend. Happy to still do pinside donations for any sales and always prefer to deal local before shipping if I can. Thanks!

#6720 12 months ago

I might sell my Indiana Jones at some point - I’d wager it’s one of the nicest ones you could ever find. All original, preproduction model that has been HUO for at least 18 years.

I don’t want to sell it, but I have a lot of unexpected expenses coming up. Feel free to message but I might post this summer if nobody from the thread is interested.

#6721 12 months ago

Anyone local selling any EM arcade games (not pinballs) If so I’m interested in checking them out.

#6722 12 months ago

Looking to sell or trade my 2015 Harley Davidson Sportster XL1200C motorcycle in "Superior Blue". Like new condition, 900 miles, and stored covered in my garage for the last 6 years. I'm the original owner, asking $6200. PM me for details, pictures, and included extras.

Will trade for pinball machine, + or - cash depending on title/condition. What I'd be interested in:
- Williams Indiana Jones, players condition
- Addams Family, players condition
- Twilight Zone, players condition
- Centaur, any condition
- Flight 2K, any condition
- Xenon, any condition
- Target Alpha EM, players condition or better
- Avengers IQ Premium
- Jurassic Park Premium

Thanks...

#6723 12 months ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

In the two times I've called Game Exchange game/glass I was treated rudely and abruptly. That's just my experience and why I'll never consider buying anything from them. My out of state distro (Hemispheres Amusements) takes care of me, always answers the phone, never gives me an attitude, never acts like I'm bothering them no matter how frivolous the question may be. To be clear on the two calls to Game Exchange, once was looking for some glass to pickup at the show in Denver to avoid shipping and was told they didn't have any but even if they did I couldn't pick it up at the show (can't remember the reason/excuse) with a very condescending/rude tone. The second time I called was to inquire about a game and its availability and whoever I was talking to literally laughed at me for asking so I abruptly ended the call. (no I didn't just hang up I said "okay, well thank you for answering" then hung up).
I want to be fair, I'm sure everyone has different experiences and I'm sure there are plenty of happy customers otherwise they wouldn't be in business, but for me, never again. Seems like you need to have an "in" with JJ/Game Exchange to be treated fairly and respectfully and at the time when I first moved to CO I didn't know anyone here and was just a cold caller. Oh well...

I've had the same bad experience with Game Exchange when dealing with them over email or phone. This surprises me since they seem to constantly get glowing reviews on here. I've interacted with the same gentlemen there a few times and have always been disappointed at his level of customer service.

Another local pinball sales guy told me they're commissioned sales people at Game Exchange. If that's true, it would explain why they don't seem to want to help people with general questions over the phone or over email. They prefer for you to come into their showroom so they can try to sell you something.

In any event, I won't be dealing with them any time soon.

#6724 12 months ago

Interesting reading about GEX. I've never used them before (when I was originally living here, Denver had a couple commercial arcade distributors, who I got along great_ with..), now I think I'll keep my distance, until I hear otherwise. (... Since the commercial distributors seems to have closed. :/)

#6725 12 months ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Interesting reading about GEX. I've never used them before (when I was originally living here, Denver had a couple commercial arcade distributors, who I got along great_ with..), now I think I'll keep my distance, until I hear otherwise. (... Since the commercial distributors seems to have closed. :/)

I'm not sure who these guys have been talking to, but JJ is a good guy who has done a lot for pinball in Colorado. Remember that a lot of those games we all play at the Showdown came from GEX. And he's supported many other venues and events over the years. I'm not denying that people may have had a bad experience here and there, but I've had nothing but good luck with them. Just one guy's perspective.

#6726 12 months ago
Quoted from Russell:

I'm not sure who these guys have been talking to, but JJ is a good guy who has done a lot for pinball in Colorado. Remember that a lot of those games we all play at the Showdown came from GEX. And he's supported many other venues and events over the years. I'm not denying that people may have had a bad experience here and there, but I've had nothing but good luck with them. Just one guy's perspective.

I agree. I've had nothing but good experiences with JJ and @gexchange. I've bought a lot of games from Game Exchange over the years and on the rare occasions I've needed service he's either helped directly or he's gotten me in touch with those that can help. Hopefully he's reading this thread and can address some of the concerns raised in the past few messages.

#6727 12 months ago

I bought six machines from JJ, waiting on my 7th. Godfather CE, maybe June.

Highly recommend GEX and JJ.

#6728 12 months ago

Add me to the JJ went above and beyond for me, list.

#6729 12 months ago

I work at Universal Pinball and any time I need a transistor or capacitor quick that we don’t have in stock I go to game exchange. I’ve never bought a game from them but I’ve had great experiences with their parts department. My orders are always fairly small but they are still super helpful. They seem like a good place to buy both parts and new in box games from

Quoted from Kevkat:

I agree. I've had nothing but good experiences with JJ and Gexchange. I've bought a lot of games from Game Exchange over the years and on the rare occasions I've needed service he's either helped directly or he's gotten me in touch with those that can help. Hopefully he's reading this thread and can address some of the concerns raised in the past few messages.

#6730 12 months ago

JJ has been really helpful as well as the guys in parts department. Great experiences for me at GEX.

#6731 12 months ago

Changing the tone for a bit - Who wants to play pinball? Come meetup with our South Denver crew for a fun night of pinball.

This wednesday, April 26th 5-9pm Foo Fighters Launch party @Living The Dream Brewery.

$15 entry & all machines will be on FREEPLAY

Door prizes - a sweet Foo translite and a couple other things, Grand Champion plaque for highest score on Foo.

$1 off all beers for participants.

12 Insider connected machines, leader board, and special launch party achievements.

I'll be making cookies, but they'll go fast, sooo......

#6732 12 months ago
Quoted from davegauth:

Changing the tone for a bit - Who wants to play pinball? Come meetup with our South Denver crew for a fun night of pinball.
This wednesday, April 26th 5-9pm Foo Fighters Launch party @Living The Dream Brewery.
$15 entry & all machines will be on FREEPLAY
Door prizes - a sweet Foo translite and a Foo banner(this banner is awesome!), Grand Champion plaque for highest score on Foo.
$1 off all beers for participants.
12 Insider connected machines, leader board, and special launch party achievements.
I'll be making cookies, but they'll go fast, sooo......

A nice spot to play!

#6733 12 months ago

Anyone want a brand new walking dead pro left ramp? $40.

#6734 12 months ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

Add me to the JJ went above and beyond for me, list.

Every game I've order from GEX has arrived at my terminal in under 24 hours. Like seriously, I want a game, order it and the next day I'm playing it. 9 months after getting my GOT the CPU went out. JJ helped me get a new one free of charge, well past the Stern "warranty". That's $550 right there.

On a personal note JJ is one of the most generous people in pinball, literally spending tens of thousands of dollars at shows making sure everyone has a good time. I know, because I help with the shopping trips. It makes me laugh when he asks me how many bottles of "X" should we get, I say 2 and then he grabs 4. Just MHO...see you at Golden State. I'll be in JJ's trailer drinking a Michelob Ultra. Or 12.

#6735 12 months ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

Every game I've order from GEX has arrived at my terminal in under 24 hours. Like seriously, I want a game, order it and the next day I'm playing it. 9 months after getting my GOT the CPU went out. JJ helped me get a new one free of charge, well past the Stern "warranty". That's $550 right there.
On a personal note JJ is one of the most generous people in pinball, literally spending tens of thousands of dollars at shows making sure everyone has a good time. I know, because I help with the shopping trips. It makes me laugh when he asks me how many bottles of "X" should we get, I say 2 and then he grabs 4. Just MHO...see you at Golden State. I'll be in JJ's trailer drinking a Michelob Ultra. Or 12.

Agreed. He ensures nobody is hungry or sober all weekend. Very generous with his suite parties.

#6736 12 months ago

Anybody interested in trading their whitewater for my fish tales? Im will to add some cash. Looking for more of a player than a collectors example.

#6737 12 months ago

Foo fighters launch party may 6th at 2pm @ Bite Me Cake Company in Pueblo

#6738 11 months ago

Also interested in trading my fish tales towards a twd prem.

#6739 11 months ago

Tonight's the night - Foo Fighters launch party, $15 Freeplay all night, $1 off beers, door prizes, GC plaque.. Fun and Good people to hang with ..

Living The Dream Brewery. 5-9pm.

#6740 11 months ago

Without JJ, the Showdown would suck.

#6741 11 months ago

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Twilight Zone Archived
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Revised ad, with lower price and better photos! $9,200, obo, cash on the glass only. Will consider trades if on my wish list, but prefer cash at this point. Game has appears to ...”
2023-05-29
Colorado Springs, CO
9,200 (OBO)
Archived after: 19 days
Viewed: 1083 times
Contributed to Pinside

Made a decent price drop on my TZ yesterday. Cash deal or lots of trade trade possibilities if on my wishlist. Thanks!

#6742 11 months ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Without JJ, the Showdown would suck.

Without JJ/GEX or Blizzard Mountain Pinball there wouldn't be a show as they bring alot of games for people to play.

#6743 11 months ago
Quoted from aztarac:

Without JJ/GEX or Blizzard Mountain Pinball there wouldn't be a show as they bring alot of games for people to play.

True and thanks to them for bringing so many games year after year.

#6744 11 months ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

True and thanks to them for bringing so many games year after year.

Best way to thank them is give them patronage.

The wife and I have probably been up to Blizzard a half dozen times since the show. We’ve been super busy otherwise we’d have gone more.

#6745 11 months ago

Alright is ultraman CE a sub 5k game now?!? Haha

#6746 11 months ago
Quoted from jv2_pinball:

I've had the same bad experience with Game Exchange when dealing with them over email or phone. This surprises me since they seem to constantly get glowing reviews on here.

Prior to moving to Colorado I knew of GEX because of the massive amounts of positive reviews on Pinside, when everyone bought NIB out of state to save on tax, and the value was always about customer service. Now that the loophole is technically closed, the argument shifts toward supporting local businesses. And as mentioned, their support of the Showdown over the years is enough in and of itself to support them as a local distributor.

It's impossible to get 100% satisfaction from everyone in all circumstances, but the overwhelming evidence is in favor of GEX treating customers well, so it's worth trying again, and if you are having issues with customer service, JJ would want to know.

#6747 11 months ago

The thing about many internet forums is that the most vocal posters are the ones with an axe to grind. It gives others the impression that those who are the most vocal are the majority when they may not actually be. My experiences with GEX have all been positive. I remember that just after we relocated here I wanted to re-do the felt on our pool table and I called GEX first and had a great conversation about what would be possible over the phone, and then the Mrs. and I drove over on a Saturday AM and were assisted with picking out what we wanted, which was then special ordered. While we were there we got to talking pinball and the Mrs. played some of the floor models while I chewed the fat with the man supporting the parts dept. They couldn't have been more welcoming.

Did I stop and share our experience with the interwebs? Nah. I never considered it. So, yeah, I think more data should be gathered before folks here literally decide to withhold their business while they 'wait and see'. That just seems unjust to me.

#6748 11 months ago

Plus JJ is keeping local sushi restaurants in business!

IYKYK

#6749 11 months ago

JJ is the man, plain and simple. People should deal with him and Game Exchange with confidence.

#6750 11 months ago

Good afternoon!

We now have three games for sale at Blizzard Mountain Pinball:

1) America's Most Haunted ($4500): https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/156261
2) Scorpion ($1750): https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/156258
3) Game of Thrones Premium ($7500): https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/154584

All games are available here at Blizzard Mountain Pinball to see or play until they sell. If you have any questions, please let me know! Thanks for looking!

There are 7,453 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 150.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colorado-whats-fsft/page/135 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.