IMG_6277_(resized).JPG
IMG_6278_(resized).JPG
IMG_6279_(resized).JPG
IMG_6280_(resized).JPG
IMG_6281_(resized).JPG
IMG_6282_(resized).JPG
IMG_6283_(resized).JPG
IMG_6284_(resized).JPG
There are 7,453 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 150.
#5551 2 years ago

Looking for a Stern JP Premium or LE, hot title right now for sure and I think I asked once already here so my apologies...

Jeff

#5552 2 years ago

Posting link here for others that might not have seen it for Pinball Showdown this year:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rocky-mountain-pinball-showdown-and-gameroom-expo

#5553 2 years ago

All. I am thinking of selling my Space Station and White Water. PM me if interested. Like them to stay in Colorado.

#5555 2 years ago

I have a friend looking to sell his MM Royal with some mods (lighted trolls, lighted Merlin, lighted dragon, 3D back glass, etc). Original owner HUO excellent condition. He’s $19k OBO. He taking it to sell at the expo otherwise but I’d like him do to a local deal if possible. He will also trade for Deadpool LE. Pm me and I’m happy to get you in touch or pass along an offer.

#5556 2 years ago

Have finally gotton over hesitation and placing Theatre of Magic and Stern Spiderman for sale. Ideally would like to sell one or both from home in Colorado Springs BEFORE the show in Denver so I don't have to transport them. If not, will take Spidey to the show. Might be willing to trade my nice Hobbit but would need to be for something special.
Prefer to sell for cash but would consider trades for Premium Ghostbusters, Monster Bash, Cirqus Voltaire, TOTAN or a fully working TZ.

#5557 2 years ago
Quoted from HornerSyndrome:

I have a friend looking to sell his MM Royal with some mods (lighted trolls, lighted Merlin, lighted dragon, 3D back glass, etc). Original owner HUO excellent condition. He’s $19k OBO. He taking it to sell at the expo otherwise but I’d like him do to a local deal if possible. He will also trade for Deadpool LE. Pm me and I’m happy to get you in touch or pass along an offer.

Is this the same friend that has a JP LE sitting next to that machine? If so, maybe you're friend would want to part with that JP LE some day... LOL

Jeff

#5558 2 years ago

Godzilla just landed in Frisco co

Come play if your up in the mountains this weekend!

CO. Bar is open 7 days a week 5pm-2am

13 pins and 13 arcades!

#5559 2 years ago

Godzilla also landed in Dillon at Elevation Bowl today. The mountains are Rocking!

Insiders are saying Keystone is opening tomorrow so come up for some skiing and stay for the pinball.

#5560 2 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Have finally gotton over hesitation and placing Theatre of Magic and Stern Spiderman for sale. Ideally would like to sell one or both from home in Colorado Springs BEFORE the show in Denver so I don't have to transport them. If not, will take Spidey to the show. Might be willing to trade my nice Hobbit but would need to be for something special.
Prefer to sell for cash but would consider trades for Premium Ghostbusters, Monster Bash, Cirqus Voltaire, TOTAN or a fully working TZ.

PM sent... I'm interested in your TOM!

#5561 2 years ago

Godzilla at Lyons Classic Pinball as well!

#5562 2 years ago

Is there a Big Lebowski available to play on the front range?

#5563 2 years ago

Godzilla is also at PBJ in Fort Collins

#5564 2 years ago

anyone have a really nice Radical! or Nine Ball for sale?

#5565 2 years ago

Still looking for a Bally Space Invaders Pin if anyone is selling or needing space.

#5566 2 years ago

Someone was rolling up I-25 tonight in a big white Ford or Dodge truck with a SW Pro and TMNT NIB machine strapped in the back! Looks like it could be a fun night at someone’s house in Northern Colorado! Couldn’t miss the look of a pinball box from literally a 1/4 mile away as we came home from DIA. Tried to guess what they would be as we got close, and then saw what they were as we passed.

Congratulations and Yay for them!

#5567 2 years ago

Anyone selling anything at the Showdown this weekend?

#5568 2 years ago
Quoted from tylery85:

Anyone selling anything at the Showdown this weekend?

I’ve got a Joust vid at the show that is for sale.

#5569 2 years ago

Charles_Kline - I played your Meteor with the Arduino board at the Showdown tonight - very cool. I enjoyed the new sounds, call outs, and rule set. And I was pleasantly surprised to get a Shoot Again on fast drains, just like modern pins.

After I get my Meteor restore finished and running properly on the original board set, I'm going to look into an Arduino kit with this new Meteor code. I think I read somewhere that you can go back and forth between the new and original code rather easily? How is yours rigged up...a toggle switch or something like that?

#5570 2 years ago

How is the game turnout at the showdown this year?

#5571 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Seems very low overall Friday. Many machines walk up and play or wait for one person and then play. Usual long lines for latest releases such as Godzilla. Great to have the show back.

#5572 2 years ago

I really wish we could’ve made the showdown this year! We love the show, hopefully next year!
Anxious to hear how it goes this year!

#5573 2 years ago
Quoted from Charles_Kline:

I’ve got a Joust vid at the show that is for sale.

Chicken Shift, was a fun and different sort of a game to play I also really liked the Omega Race Cockpit, that was fun and I hadn't played it in a cockpit format before. The Tempest colours are very bright and vivid, it really pops. As far as pins go, it seems like the Arduino is a viable solution. I'm glad to see innovations like that.

#5574 2 years ago

Sad to not be able to go, We will definitely attend next year!

#5575 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Was there today and also thought game count was a bit lower than prior but glad to have it back after a year off! Only waited behind more than one for Godzilla even though it seemed like a good crowd.

#5576 2 years ago

I attended the show today, my first.

I was a bit disappointed by the number of machines there. Why did there need to be multiple TMNT, AIQ, and others? There was one Godzilla and it was the Pro version, so it had none of the cool mechs to see and try out. I was happy to see a Halloween CE that I played several times (have one on order), proving to be a very fun machine. There were some titles missing that I was hoping to see, like Alien and GnR.

I was also hoping to see a Swap Meet section but apparently that's only on Sunday.

All in all, it was still a fun show.

#5577 2 years ago
Quoted from GamesGuy5280:

Chicken Shift, was a fun and different sort of a game to play I also really liked the Omega Race Cockpit, that was fun and I hadn't played it in a cockpit format before. The Tempest colours are very bright and vivid, it really pops. As far as pins go, it seems like the Arduino is a viable solution. I'm glad to see innovations like that.

I’m glad you enjoyed the games, the response to my games has been incredible.

#5578 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Right around 2:30 pm it got insane. People on every game and crowded isles.

It’s been fun.

The music going right now is WAY too gd loud.

#5579 2 years ago

I spent yesterday and today at the show - all in all, I had a great time. I do agree with others that the machine count is way down from previous years - I'd say that this year had about 70% of the games that were at the last RMPS I attended (2019). The three rooms they had for pins weren't as tightly packed as previous years, and I recall at least fives rooms used for pins in those previous years. Highlights and lowlights for me:

- Got to play Ultraman and Halloween with no waiting (early Friday afternoon). Walked right up and rattled off a half dozen games on each.

- Got to spend about a half hour each on Mandalorian, Avengers IQ, and Led Zeppelin. Prior to the show, I'd played each of those only once or twice on location. I enjoyed Mandalorian and AIQ, but not impressed with LZ (it was the Pro, so no toys).

- Played Jurassic Park (Pro) finally....never played that before, and I don't know why some people hate on that game. I really liked it and I may consider buying one if I can make room in my already-crowded rec room.

- I didn't see one Black Knight SOR at the show - that kinda surprised me. I own a Premium myself and love the game even tho the code does seem incomplete at times. One of the first things I do at the show is try to find and play all of the pins I own or have owned and sold to see if any of them look or play better than mine. I walked away happy in that department.

- I played my first sanctioned tournament (Novice division) and took 6th Place out of 47 entries after making the cut to the semi-finals. That was fun. A brutal game on Old Chicago in the semi's did me in where in a 5 ball setting, I didn't even touch the ball with either flipper for the first 3 balls - slow floaty bounces to both outlanes.

- My biggest complaint is one that is unavoidable at these shows - you can't hear the pin you're playing. Half the fun of pinball to me is the immersiveness in the modern games....the call outs, cues, music, etc. Totally lost in this environment. I didn't even bother playing Aerosmith or The Beatles for this very reason.

- The DJ and music that they start in the main room later in the days is WAY TOO LOUD. It hurt my ears. And I'm the guy who was at the front of the stage for multiple AC/DC and Rush concerts in the 80's and who rattles the windows at home and in the car with my stereo systems. Forget hearing ANYTHING on the pins with that crap going on.

- No pinball parts vendors at the show.

- Was hoping to see/play a Big Lebowski, Alien, or JJP Pirates but no such luck.

- Never played Sword of Fury before and I got to spend some time on one. Now I get it.....LION MAN!!!!

- The little "home version" of the Star Wars pins in the Game Exchange row (there were two) always seemed to be open even when the aisle was crowded. I played one and I see why...it just doesn't feel like a real pin. And the video screen is so small!

- Hadn't played High Speed in years and kept going back to it in one of the smaller rooms. Now I want one.

- Was not a fan of Wizard of Oz previously, but now I think it's because the one time I played it on location a couple of years ago it wasn't set up and/or tuned properly. I played it at the show today and it was great - much more responsive and active than I remember.

- Met a lot of nice people, especially in the tournament room.

I got a three day pass but I think I got my fill yesterday and today so I'll be watching football on Sunday. Already looking forward to next year's show!

#5580 2 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

I spent yesterday and today at the show - all in all, I had a great time. I do agree with others that the machine count is way down from previous years - I'd say that this year had about 70% of the games that were at the last RMPS I attended (2019). The three rooms they had for pins weren't as tightly packed as previous years, and I recall at least fives rooms used for pins in those previous years. Highlights and lowlights for me:
- Got to play Ultraman and Halloween with no waiting (early Friday afternoon). Walked right up and rattled off a half dozen games on each.
- Got to spend about a half hour each on Mandalorian, Avengers IQ, and Led Zeppelin. Prior to the show, I'd played each of those only once or twice on location. I enjoyed Mandalorian and AIQ, but not impressed with LZ (it was the Pro, so no toys).
- Played Jurassic Park (Pro) finally....never played that before, and I don't know why some people hate on that game. I really liked it and I may consider buying one if I can make room in my already-crowded rec room.
- I didn't see one Black Knight SOR at the show - that kinda surprised me. I own a Premium myself and love the game even tho the code does seem incomplete at times. One of the first things I do at the show is try to find and play all of the pins I own or have owned and sold to see if any of them look or play better than mine. I walked away happy in that department.
- I played my first sanctioned tournament (Novice division) and took 6th Place out of 47 entries after making the cut to the semi-finals. That was fun. A brutal game on Old Chicago in the semi's did me in where in a 5 ball setting, I didn't even touch the ball with either flipper for the first 3 balls - slow floaty bounces to both outlanes.
- My biggest complaint is one that is unavoidable at these shows - you can't hear the pin you're playing. Half the fun of pinball to me is the immersiveness in the modern games....the call outs, cues, music, etc. Totally lost in this environment. I didn't even bother playing Aerosmith or The Beatles for this very reason.
- The DJ and music that they start in the main room later in the days is WAY TOO LOUD. It hurt my ears. And I'm the guy who was at the front of the stage for multiple AC/DC and Rush concerts in the 80's and who rattles the windows at home and in the car with my stereo systems. Forget hearing ANYTHING on the pins with that crap going on.
- No pinball parts vendors at the show.
- Was hoping to see/play a Big Lebowski, Alien, or JJP Pirates but no such luck.
- Never played Sword of Fury before and I got to spend some time on one. Now I get it.....LION MAN!!!!
- The little "home version" of the Star Wars pins in the Game Exchange row (there were two) always seemed to be open even when the aisle was crowded. I played one and I see why...it just doesn't feel like a real pin. And the video screen is so small!
- Hadn't played High Speed in years and kept going back to it in one of the smaller rooms. Now I want one.
- Was not a fan of Wizard of Oz previously, but now I think it's because the one time I played it on location a couple of years ago it wasn't set up and/or tuned properly. I played it at the show today and it was great - much more responsive and active than I remember.
- Met a lot of nice people, especially in the tournament room.
I got a three day pass but I think I got my fill yesterday and today so I'll be watching football on Sunday. Already looking forward to next year's show!

There was a JJP POTC there, at least on Saturday. It was in the back by the JP Jeep. But yeah, no GNR, or a number of other PINs and having pro versions of the modern Sterns was a real bummer...

Jeff

#5581 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

I attended the show today, my first.
I was a bit disappointed by the number of machines there. … There was one Godzilla and it was the Pro version, so it had none of the cool mechs to see and try out.

That’s not a fair complaint - no Premiums or LEs have been shipped so there’s no way one could have been at the show unless special arrangements were made with Stern and the show isn’t big enough to be that important to Stern.

#5582 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

There was a JJP POTC there, at least on Saturday. It was in the back by the JP Jeep. But yeah, no GNR, or a number of other PINs and having pro versions of the modern Sterns was a real bummer...
Jeff
Jeff

It’s still there. It’s in the back end of the two rows of Blizzard Mountains’ games.

#5583 2 years ago
Quoted from Charles_Kline:

It’s still there. It’s in the back end of the two rows of Blizzard Mountains’ games.

Damn...I missed it! I probably walked by it a dozen times.

#5584 2 years ago

Denver Show was fun including playing new games released sin last show in 2019.
Thanks to all who brought games. Had a lot of fun with wife and college aged son enjoying the weekend as well. Both really improved their pinball skills.

But music Saturday night and dj were horrificly loud drowning all the pins' sounds and hurting ears. Heard many complaints from various people. Wife complained to festival staff and was told the hotel controlled the volume.
Nice to have the show back overall and to get many games on neat pins.

#5585 2 years ago

Went to the show Friday only and although there were fewer games than usual I thought the majority played much better than previous years. Had a blast and played about 7 hours straight with little frustration.

Dan told me they struggled to get people to bring games so we can all do better next year. Cause I was out of town Sunday I couldn’t bring games so hope to next year

As to the comments about multiple copies of the same game I’m just glad people brought them. Blizzard and GEX really came through but Thanks to everyone who brought them

#5586 2 years ago
Quoted from KJL:

Went to the show Friday only and although there were fewer games than usual I thought the majority played much better than previous years. Had a blast and played about 7 hours straight with little frustration.
Dan told me they struggled to get people to bring games so we can all do better next year. Cause I was out of town Sunday I couldn’t bring games so hope to next year
As to the comments about multiple copies of the same game I’m just glad people brought them. Blizzard and GEX really came through but Thanks to everyone who brought them

I wonder if the change in only having to bring one game for one weekend pass added to the reduced games vs the number of people who would bring two games in previous years.

I brought 14 games this year because I wanted to help make it as good as possible, and to up the number of Vids in the show.

#5587 2 years ago

Some folks have been displeased that several other shows bring 1 game and get in free. So personally glad to see Denver make that change this year from having to bring 2 games.

#5588 2 years ago

Thank you Kline for bringing 14 games.

#5589 2 years ago

Thanks to everyone who brought games and made it a great weekend! My 1st pinball expo/show and it won’t be my last!

#5590 2 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

But music Saturday night and dj were horrificly loud drowning all the pins' sounds and hurting ears. Heard many complaints from various people. Wife complained to festival staff and was told the hotel controlled the volume.

That sounds like someone spouted B.S. to your wife. Dan contracts with Marriott for facilities, not the other way around. Unless the Marriott provides the D.J. (which doesn’t make sense) event staff should decide what the volume is even if the hotel staff has to actually make the adjustment.

#5591 2 years ago

Thanks to GEX and Blizzard. They seem to be the unofficial backbone of the show. Can’t imagine what it would be like without them.

Skipped this year but look forward to being back in 2022. Hope Dan considers a much larger Pinside presence next year. Of all the shows Denver has the least presence here.

#5592 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

That sounds like someone spouted B.S. to your wife. Dan contracts with Marriott for facilities, not the other way around. Unless the Marriott provides the D.J. (which doesn’t make sense) event staff should decide what the volume is even if the hotel staff has to actually make the adjustment.

I have hearing issues and high pitched/ high treble sound really effect me. I contacted Dan right away when the screeching started and he went to the DJ and told him to lower volume and drop the treble because the hotels small ceiling speakers would only put out treble.

It got better but was still too loud.
But it was supposed to be a Halloween party so I didn’t want to keep complaining like a cremudgen that it was just too darn loud.

I did wish the music was only from 8-10 and not full 4 hours until close.

#5593 2 years ago

Who ever coordinates the Pinball Showdown, please keep it in October the same week before Halloween. Much better weather and atmosphere IMO. Great job this year!

#5594 2 years ago

Anyone have a Ghostbusters LE for sale or trade?

#5595 2 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Anyone have a Ghostbusters LE for sale or trade?

I did but already spoken for I tried messaging you

#5596 2 years ago

Thanks for trying. I've been ultra busy and not good about checking or responding recently. Sorry.

#5597 2 years ago

I just wanted to post an alert that I recently had a TMNT pro stolen in transit. The shipper picked it up and it was never delivered. Shipper is Rising Phoenix Transport. The name associated is Brett White. Unfortunately not much else is known. A report was filed with the FBI.

#5598 2 years ago
Quoted from tigzzz:

I just wanted to post an alert that I recently had a TMNT pro stolen in transit. The shipper picked it up and it was never delivered. Shipper is Rising Phoenix Transport. The name associated is Brett White. Unfortunately not much else is known. A report was filed with the FBI.

Man that's awful... Hope you get a satisfactory resolution.

Jeff

#5599 2 years ago

Anyone have a deadpool they are interested in selling? I would buy any version really.

#5600 2 years ago

Had a great time at the Rocky Mountain Pinball Festival 2021. Expected the pin count to be lower but got to play 5 pins I had never played before. Thanks to all that brought games. Wish more folks had participated/attended the Flea Market Sunday. Got to meet and talk with some great folks. Wish we could see more vendors. I agree about the loud music Saturday night was excessive. Bad enough you have a hard time hearing the pin sound the way it is. Got my 1st Pinside lanyard. Wish members had introduced themselves but i guess it wasn't suppose to be a get together. Looking forward to next year. People running the show do a great job.

There are 7,453 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 150.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colorado-whats-fsft/page/112?hl=killerrobots and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.