IMG_6277_(resized).JPG
IMG_6278_(resized).JPG
IMG_6279_(resized).JPG
IMG_6280_(resized).JPG
IMG_6281_(resized).JPG
IMG_6282_(resized).JPG
IMG_6283_(resized).JPG
IMG_6284_(resized).JPG
There are 7,465 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 150.
#451 9 years ago

Looking for a nice South Park. Willing to drive to surrounding states to pick it up.

#452 9 years ago

Game exchange is sold out. They were the cheapest when I called around when they were in stock. Didn't have a place to put machines until recently after moving. Havent really considered buying anywhere else. Kind of wanted to start a relationship with them since I'm new to the area.

#453 9 years ago
Quoted from Switch:

I couldn't even get that guy to send me pics of the Black Rose he had. Talked to him on two different occasions just trying to get photos since I live 5 hours away. Didn't seem like customer service or making a sale was to high on their list.

I live 5 minutes away and play pool at the Mirage bar upstairs. But this place is strange, a bunch of people playing role playing games when I went in to play. No big deal about what they do but it was like the bar scene from Animal house when we walked it. Nice enough but I'm not going back to play. If you want me to look at a game PM me and I'll make time to check it out but I can tell you right now way over priced from what was there a few months ago.

#454 9 years ago
Quoted from KJL:

I live 5 minutes away and play pool at the Mirage bar upstairs. But this place is strange, a bunch of people playing role playing games when I went in to play. No big deal about what they do but it was like the bar scene from Animal house when we walked it. Nice enough but I'm not going back to play. If you want me to look at a game PM me and I'll make time to check it out but I can tell you right now way over priced from what was there a few months ago.

really nice people at mirage but agreed its a weird scene.

#457 9 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

denver.craigslist.org link
Star Trek

Not sure if that's the same one, but haven't we seen STTNG posted quite a bit on craigslist in that same price range lately?

#458 9 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Not sure if that's the same one, but haven't we seen STTNG posted quite a bit on craigslist in that same price range lately?

I think it's a different one....was one for $4500. That seems to be the price point I guess.

#459 9 years ago

Thanks guys I have a good lead on a met pro now. We will see how it pans out

#460 9 years ago

There were three STTNG's for sale about a month ago and I don't think any of them sold. I had mine on Craigslist for $4,000. I got a few e-mails from folks who would be interested if it were $3,500, I held firm and no one came out to look. I was hoping to make room for an IMVE, but my luck had it that JJ was sold out by the time I was ready to buy. Since we have another craigslist post out there I guess I'll try again also. $4K will take it but this time I am also open for a trade for a nice RBION or IM/VE. It is a really nice game with no playfield wear except a little around the neutral zone under a cliffy. Everything works 100% and the gameplay is smooth.

*** EDIT - SOLD to a local Pinsider ***

#461 9 years ago
Quoted from Notbychance:

Thanks guys I have a good lead on a met pro now. We will see how it pans out

let me know if you want any more pics or videos. look forward to meeting

#462 9 years ago

Family Guy
Addams Family
Austin Powers
Check Point
Creature from Black Lagoon
Riverboat Gambler
Simpson's PP
Star Trek NG
Williams Indiana Jones
Stern Playboy
Flintstones

As-is sight unseen sales. Guy buys routed machines across the U.S.. Has all these coming up. I have ph #, can PM.

#463 9 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

As-is sight unseen sales.

The seller doesn't allow inspection prior to sale? As-is is OK; sight unseen - not so much.

#464 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

he seller doesn't allow inspection prior to sale? As-is is OK; sight unseen - not so much.

never hurts to call and talk...just the messenger here...

#465 9 years ago

We all know who Gilbert is.

Quoted from Wickerman2:

I have ph #, can PM.

#466 9 years ago
Quoted from acpinlover12:

We all know who Gilbert is

Except me...apparently

#467 9 years ago
Quoted from acpinlover12:

We all know who Gilbert is.

Who is Gilbert? (Not being cute, I really don't know!)

#468 9 years ago

Gilbert, Wolfman, buys games from operators and sells them to people mostly in the Denver area. He has been around for years supplying games to collectors and flippers in the Denver area.

In the past he was the guy to get good deals but nowadays his prices are super high for what you get in my opinion. These are usually heavily routed games that have been sitting in storage for years so don't expect plug in and play although lately he has been hiring a tech to 'get them working'...

#469 9 years ago
Quoted from dankme:

Gilbert, Wolfman, buys games from operators and sells them to people mostly in the Denver area.

Ah. A name from the past. No thanks. Not worth the time and trouble.

#470 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Sounds like you were almost ready to pull the trigger too...

#471 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Who is Gilbert? (Not being cute, I really don't know!)

"Almost" everybody knows apparently...

#472 9 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Sounds like you were almost ready to pull the trigger too...

A nice 24 might have tempted me, but then I would have had a space issue...

#473 9 years ago

If the 24 is in good shape I'd be interested but guessing it probably isn't

#474 9 years ago

I called and spoke to him. 24 is $4000 and he is in fact saying must buy site unseen. Sounded pretty insane to me.

#475 9 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

I called and spoke to him. 24 is $4000 and he is in fact saying must buy site unseen. Sounded pretty insane to me.

I'll just trade him for a car I found on Craigslist, don't know if it drives but I'm sure it will be a fair trade. Sight unseen of course.

#476 9 years ago

yeah no sh!t. He told me he has been doing this for decades. I can't begin to fathom who would buy a pin this way. The AF is $5500 and the Creature is $4000.

#477 9 years ago

Right, who is his target audience? Those prices imply the game to be 100% working and in very nice cosmetic condition. You can't sell a game heavily routed condition to the retail buyer, can you?

#478 9 years ago

Has them on CL now: denver.craigslist.org link

With prices(!)

#479 9 years ago

Looks like shopped pricing for non-shopped on several...

#480 9 years ago

Granted that most of these threads are negative (say it ain't so) but the fact that he wants pretty close to premium prices to buy sight unseen is kinda silly. I believe I've been talked out of buying from this seller.

#481 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Repeated so no one wastes even a minute on Gilbert...

#482 9 years ago

Pinball machines are so hot these days that they will probably sell regardless.

#483 9 years ago

Especially around these parts. I get the feeling there are a lot of hungry potential buyers that will pounce if a decent pin with a fair price pops up. I said it a few months back, but really feels like a selling drought for the size of this market. I sometimes look at the F/S thread in Nebraska and it seems to have more for sale than Colorado!

#484 9 years ago
Quoted from dankme:

Gilbert, Wolfman, buys games from operators and sells them to people mostly in the Denver area. He has been around for years supplying games to collectors and flippers in the Denver area.

Is he located in Lakewood? Out of his house? I may have picked up my Centaur from him about 20 years ago.

#485 9 years ago

He is in Thornton. I bought an IJ and a TZ from him about four or five years ago. They were routed machines and had a few issues. The IJ would play; the TZ had the clock's LED board burned out. He had them set up in his garage so that you could inspect and play them. It sounds as if he has changed that. His prices were lower back then and pins were cheaper. I did get a good deal on both machines. He had his nephew helping him at the time who was a fairly knowledgeable sort.

#486 9 years ago
Quoted from Dano:

Pinball machines are so hot these days that they will probably sell regardless.

You are probably right, unfortunately.

People can try to sell their machines for whatever price they want. However, this business about buying something in dark is ridiculous. To me this is going beyond a shady business deal and right into sleazy territory. Even the most notorious used car salesman lets you at least see the car!!

#487 9 years ago

There are several of us that have posted in this thread that have bought games from Gilbert. I bought a few A list games about 6-8 years ago for $2500 each. Best choice I ever made in pinball. Back then you had to pay before he left or send him USPS money orders if he found one while traveling.

You haven't lived until you experience giving a postal worker $2500 in cash to get 5 $500 money orders and then send them overnight to some hotel in Wisconsin.

I regret the games I passed on (TZ $2500 and MB for $3500, the CC mentioned below) because I couldn't imagine paying that much cash for a game you didn't see yet. But I met others that swore by him and back then he delivered every time for me.

My first 2 games had matching boards that I never had to work on and played 100% when I got them. One had a great playfield and beat cabinet. One had a beat cabinet and great playfield.

6-7 years ago he had MB for $4000 and CC for $5000 at RMPS and they didn't sell. Miss those days.

The final game I bought from him, he just called me out of the blue and told me he found an AFM and he knew I was looking for one. He said he'd just bring it by and I could play it first and pay him then if I wanted it, no need to send the USPS money order.

Now his prices seem crazy I agree. Just wish I had the cash 10 years ago.

#488 9 years ago
Quoted from Dano:

Granted that most of these threads are negative (say it ain't so) but the fact that he wants pretty close to premium prices to buy sight unseen is kinda silly. I believe I've been talked out of buying from this seller.

Can u say flipper. Premium prices for routed, unshopped, unworking games. It is entertaining to hear him keep saying he's been doing this for forty years - ahhh really - who cares dude...

#489 9 years ago

I'm a small business owner so I get it, you want to make as much money as you can and certainly when the market is hot. You can't expect to be unreasonable though just because you have been doing it for a long time or you're going to ruin your name.

#490 9 years ago
Quoted from KJL:

6-7 years ago he had MB for $4000 and CC for $5000 at RMPS and they didn't sell. Miss those days.

I remember those deals and many more....the CC sat and sat and sat. No one would buy it. I remember he kept re-posting on Craigs for $6K for that CC, then he finally buckled and sold it for $5K shipped out of state I believe. I miss those days too! Sigh.

If Gilbert can get a premium now selling to the public why not? Even worth spending a little and having a tech get them working "ish" first. Plus I am SURE operators also know the demand for pins and are asking a premium to sell them now.

Back in the day the only buyers of pins from him were hard core collectors and flippers. All wholesale pricing, now it is all retail.

#491 9 years ago
Quoted from 5280wzrd:

Is he located in Lakewood? Out of his house? I may have picked up my Centaur from him about 20 years ago.

Yeah out of his house or his storage. Not sure he had them 20 years ago but he has 2 pet wolves that you usually get to meet as well! Overall he has been a very nice guy to me and never did me wrong. But I knew what I was getting into when buying a Gilbert game and I prefer them not working.

#492 9 years ago

Well, since it is "years" later...maybe his sources have raised their prices. Driving all around dragging 10 pins with you can't be cheap and sounds like a lot of work. If you are willing to wait or have 1 shipped seems like you could get those titles for similar prices--not sure about fully shopped. Supply and demand...if they are on CL for 3 months maybe the price will drop...

#493 9 years ago

Gilbert is super nice and he used to be a great place for a fixer upper at a good price. My first machine was from Wolfman. The last few years have seen a huge increase in his prices with no oincrease in quality . I got this list texted to me yesterday and I was intrigued by a STTNG. but not at what I consider a fair price for one in full working order that I can inspect and play. Sight unseen with no guarantee? I will not pay over 2k for pretty much anything under those conditions.

#494 9 years ago

i asked about the riverboat gambler a few days ago and got no response

#495 9 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

i asked about the Riverboat Gambler a few days ago and got no response

I get text updates for some reason...that's $1250. Check Point sold, Simpsons sold.

#496 9 years ago
Quoted from dankme:

he has 2 pet wolves that you usually get to meet as well!

My daughters still ask about Gilbert. They would both test play the game he brought but really wanted to see which of the 2 wolves he brought by.

That was before he fell ill. We haven't seen him since.

#497 9 years ago

Not my machine, but since I've read some posts recently about IMVE being out of stock and sometimes selling for > MSRP, thought someone might be interested in this one:
denver.craigslist.org link

#498 9 years ago

Anyone have a Jurassic park they want to sell? Wife is out of town this weekend and I want a new toy. Looking around $2000. Thanks

#499 9 years ago

Yea I met Gilbert's wife Pat a few months ago when she showed me a SWE1 for $2500. I passed as it had initials scratched on the glass and was heavily routed.

I then passed on a RCT for $1800 because he wouldn't let me power it on but swore it only had flipper driver issues. He wanted me to pay in advance on this one too and wouldn't budge on price.

He and his wife seem like nice enough people but I mean come on, for the prices they are asking they should at least let you see and power them.

#500 9 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

I then passed on a RCT for $1800 because he wouldn't let me power it on but swore it only had flipper driver issues. He wanted me to pay in advance on this one too and wouldn't budge on price.
He and his wife seem like nice enough people but I mean come on, for the prices they are asking they should at least let you see and power them.

It's ridiculous someone would even not let you, that is like buying a used car without someone letting you start it to see if it even worked. There is just no situation where this is ok unless they are selling it for pennies on the dollar and is why no one local will deal with him anymore, the attitude and prices are a joke.

There are 7,465 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 150.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colorado-whats-fsft/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.