(Topic ID: 89837)

Colorado Springs Pinball

By Russell

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1180 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3041 (resized).jpeg
    FC0D8D7D-DDD7-4294-A235-F1B04EED43A4 (resized).jpeg
    701893798 (resized).jpg
    20230315_115648.jpg
    ts4 (resized).jpg
    cr2 (resized).jpg
    cr (resized).jpg
    ccr (resized).jpg
    cr10 (resized).jpg
    cr11 (resized).jpg
    cr12 (resized).jpg
    cr9 (resized).jpg
    cr8 (resized).jpg
    cr7 (resized).jpg
    cr6 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wesleycowan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 9 years ago

Hi,
    I'd be very interested in attending. I'm not a great player, but do enjoy socializing, playing pins, and meeting people interested in this hobby. Please let me know of future events. Thanks!

Wesley

3 weeks later
    #14 9 years ago

Guys,
    Was a great party and nice to meet everyone, Thanks to Russell for organizing and GH for hosting. Already looking forward to next month.

7 months later
    #23 9 years ago

Would be nice to have another group event in the near future!

1 month later
    #24 9 years ago

I just heard from the guy who runs Lock When Kit who's always at the Denver show and does board work. He will be in Colorado soon, likely this weekend and I'm going to have him work on my Capcom CPU. Do you have any games that need board work done? If so and you think you might want him to do it, he's getting real busy and will soon have a backlog. But since he'sis coming to Colorado this weekend you wouldn't have to wait if he is going to be at Rocky Mountain Pinball which is now in June istead of April.

I bought a NVRAM recently that he sell with two options. There's either the more expensive one that works on many Bally/Williams pins, Capcoms, some but not all Gottliebs, DE, etc or he also has a less expensive option that works on fewer games. I got the cheaper one that works on DE and Capcom both and have it in Maverick for now, since PM isn't working. This allowed me to get the battery holder off the board and so no more worries of batteries leaking on the boards. On most games it just an easy install requiring no soldering on the board. If you're really busy I can take any boards, assuming I might have to go to Denver, unless he's willing to come to COS.

4 years later
    #52 5 years ago

Thanks guy for the new location locally. I basically play on route a few times a year at the arcade in Manitou. Glad to know of a new place and hope to check it in the near future.

2 years later
    #166 3 years ago

Anyone happen to know if Control Room or any other
    Colorado Springs pinball place has reopened? Looking to play some JJP, Stern or 90's B/W pins. I know of Supernova but wasn't too impressed when I went there. To honest and fair was a long time ago and I have no knowledge about their current pins.

1 month later
    #171 2 years ago

Has Control Room reopened?

1 year later
    #188 1 year ago

Awesome! Will be there soon to try Godfather out as I did Toy Story CCr and played ALL the pins there the 3 or 4 times I've been there. Was surprised by how much I liked Toy Story! But then again I do like JJP.

#191 1 year ago

Anyone know of a good Colorado Springs pinball tech including one good at assessing and fixing board and electronic issues. I often call Mike Strauss but he's not currently available for quite awhile.

1 week later
    #192 1 year ago

Know of Manitou Arcade, Control Room which is best local place for newer pins including Stern and JJP, and then Supernova downtown. Anyone know of any places such as bowling alleys, bars, hotels, etc. that have even one pin? Found a Monster Bash and Stern POTC at Harmony Bowl. There is an AFM at Embassy Suites and a RIBION at a small bowling alley off Academy who's name I forgot. I'm just asking places of greater COS not Denver for this thread, please.

#196 1 year ago

I can't host as don't have enough pins working well. But would love to get together soon with Springs pinheads. Could be at Control Room, Manitou Arcade, another location or if someone is willing to host. Haven't seen most of you in a long time so would love if we could do something.

Ideas anyone?

#200 1 year ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

I'm new to the area (well, 'new' after being gone for 22 years..) and will be around here until my place is finished down in Pueblo. Last time I was living here in the Spring, the only places were Challenges, Mountasia (my old employer), and the Manitou Arcade.
    I'm up for checking out some of these places.

Control Room has 7 pins including JJP the Godfather and the rest are Sterns. Seem to keep their games in great working condition and to rotate 1 in and
    out when a new release happens.
    Supernova downtown is more about video games and has many classics. 1 or more of the pins has often been turned off or not working
    Pueblo has a place that makes cakes and other sweets and has a very large lineup of pins. Haven't been there but seems mike s great combo custom cakes and pins.
    Manitou still going strong and tons of games and pins. But not super often they get new pins but have a few Sterns and a JJP Hobbit. Have 2 main buildings with pins but 2 or 3sort of off in smaller areas. How well each pin is working can vary a lot from perfect t to unplayable.
    Is a RV park in Manitou that has around 10 pins but never been there. Most the rest are spread out between bars, laundry mats, bowling alleys, and restaurants but usually with only 1-3 pins.

#201 1 year ago

Not quit local but in South Denver the last weekend in September is the state's 1 and only annual pinball show. It's good but last 2 years has lagged some in having new releases. Also hasn't grown much in number of games for several years. Still it's fun and worth going. Lines had been crazy especially on Saturday before COVID. Mast 2 years haven't been bad at all except to play the new releases.
    Denver has many places to play pins Pueblo I only know of the one place and Colorado Springs lately for me if I pay to play it's Control Room or Manitou.

1 month later
    #218 11 months ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Its Pueblo, some jackoff probably pulled it off

Control Room is in Colorado Springs and nice place to play modern pins.

#220 11 months ago

Manitou of course has argest arcade in Colorado Springs area. But costs to park and can be a pain to find parking in summer. Pins there don't change very often re: line up and always a few or more have issues.
    Control Room room has modern Pro versions Sterns and usually one JJP pin. Rarely have any the times I've been there had any issues, maybe a switch not registering, and never seen a game turned off i.e out of order. Also if you like video games they have many including some classic ones.

3 months later
    #223 7 months ago

Any recent changes in pin line up at Control Room? It is my favorite local place to play newer Sterns and they usually have a JJP pin which is awesome. Do wish Cactus Canyon Remake had been able to stay longer but sure it must not have been able to for a good reason.
    Manitou Arcade is fun but don't like paying for parking and never know which games will be working and how well. Other local places I've been same is also true, games often turned off or have issues that decrease fun. The several times I've been there Control Room games I've played have been working quite well.

#226 7 months ago
    Quoted from Drew13:

Venom will be there next week replacing Bond or Godfather.

Thank you so much for responding. I look forward to trying out Venom.

#227 7 months ago
    Quoted from John_C:

I've never been to the Control Room and have had it on my list of 'Want to Go' places for a while now.

Usually around 7-8 pins, mostly pro editions of Sterns and have been some JJP and one Chicago Gaming Remake I'm aware of. Current JJP is a LE Godfather. Lots of classic video games pool tables and other games. If you like sports plenty of TVs, a bar and grill. Sorry if I left anything out.
    Honestly I mainly go for the pins as by far best place to place newer pins in the Springs. And they will quickly fix/repair it if you them know a pin has issues.

2 weeks later
    #231 6 months ago

Anyone from COS area going to the Pinball Show this weekend in Denver?

3 months later
    #236 3 months ago

Quoted from Russell:Drew- any word on Jaws for Control Room?

Or Galactic Tank, Big Lebowski, Labyrinth, Elton John ,or :Dbringing back CCr.

#238 3 months ago

Labyrinth looks really good!

#239 3 months ago

Oh please bring CCr back! Thanks!

#240 3 months ago

Thanks to Control Room that you keep bringing new pins in and rotating the lineup! Also best place in COS for pins that work well!

#242 89 days ago

Do you have a.n ETA for Jaws?

#244 88 days ago

Awesome thank you so much for your replies!

3 weeks later
    #250 61 days ago
    Quoted from Drew13:

Such a fun game. We will adjust that today

Thank you how responsive you are to suggestions/ texts here!

#252 60 days ago

At the arcade this week. No new pins. NASCAR gone. Batman. 66 moved from another building in its place. Fireball and old Sega SW pins were turned off.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wesleycowan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colorado-springs-pinball-tournament?tu=wesleycowan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.