(Topic ID: 89837)

Colorado Springs Pinball

By Russell

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1180 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3041 (resized).jpeg
    FC0D8D7D-DDD7-4294-A235-F1B04EED43A4 (resized).jpeg
    701893798 (resized).jpg
    20230315_115648.jpg
    ts4 (resized).jpg
    cr2 (resized).jpg
    cr (resized).jpg
    ccr (resized).jpg
    cr10 (resized).jpg
    cr11 (resized).jpg
    cr12 (resized).jpg
    cr9 (resized).jpg
    cr8 (resized).jpg
    cr7 (resized).jpg
    cr6 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sethi_i.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 6 years ago

Russell, thanks for the invitation and a great time. It was my first attempt at anything competitive in pinball, and I really enjoyed it.

1 year later
    #41 5 years ago
    Quoted from Russell:

New pinball location in Colorado Springs.
    It’s called The Control Room. It’s within Cleats Bar and Grill.
    6120 Barnes Rd, Colorado Springs, CO 80922, USA
    The games are decent. Some of the games are floaty. And someone desperately needs to buy this place a level. But overall, a decent venue. Check it out.

I'll have to get there. Is it somewhere that a league could be started? I'd definitely love to join something in CS.

#43 5 years ago
    Quoted from Russell:

Not sure. Might be possible. There would be quite a few people that would be into it.

You're plugged in much more than I am. If you want to put some feelers out, I'd be happy to help with some of the backend legwork to make it happen.

#54 5 years ago

Went to Cleats/The Control Room last night. Three of us had beers, food, and played. We were there for a couple of hours, and it was a fun time. They have newer games (mostly Stern) that I personally like. It would be good to get a few older games as well, as there was still some empty wall space!

I have to agree with Russell that some were pretty floaty (TWD especially). I didn't notice a side-to-side level issue, so maybe that got handled. I think the tilts were excessively tight on a couple of the games (tilted just from multi-ball action on one) and non-existent on others. The waitress said they'd only been running for about a week, so I'm sure there are kinks to work out. The more feedback we can provide, the better.

#58 5 years ago
    Quoted from Russell:

TWD still WAY too flat and leaning hard to the right. Stewie working well.

What do you think of the tilts? I thought MB and GotG were a bit extreme. Even a tap got a danger or worse. DP and Munsters were touchy but you could nudge some. TWD didn't seem to have one!!

#65 5 years ago
    Quoted from Drew13:

It will replace the worst earning game, so stop playing twd, haha.

My vote is to adjust the angle of TWD and add AC. Are you limited to the space you already have there?

Quoted from Drew13:

We will also lower the tilt bob so you can nudge

Much appreciated. Certainly not looking to go nuts, but a tap shouldn't get a danger.

#80 5 years ago
    Quoted from Russell:

The games have improved dramatically. I would still like to see a few tweaks:
    Monster Bash and Munsters need to have ball saves added.
    Monster Bash needs the tilt loosened.
    The action button on Guardians is stuck.

Yeah, the MB tilt was ridiculous. I hoped it was loosened when the tech came down. Let me know if anyone is planning on playing there next week.

1 week later
    #89 5 years ago

Walking Dead
    Monster Bash
    Munsters

That's my order for replacement. WD is a fun game, but I play MB and Munsters more.

#90 5 years ago

Any new progress on a tournament or league? Last weekend I threw the idea out to a couple of other players there, and they said they'd commit.

1 week later
    #93 5 years ago
    Quoted from Apex:

Anyone interested in meeting up at Control Room this afternoon/evening?

I was thinking of heading that way at about 5:30 for a couple of hours. I have a ton of work to do this weekend, I might need a beer and a game first!

2 months later
    #112 4 years ago
    Quoted from Russell:

When do you think we'll be able to have some leagues and tournaments at Control Room?

I'd be willing to commit time in helping with organization or tracking.

1 month later
    #114 4 years ago
    Quoted from Drew13:

Pinball line up rotating next week:
    Incoming - Jurassic Park (thank you Game Exchange), Houdini and Game of Thrones Pro
    We will also get this location set up as a Stern Army location

What's going out? DP was acting flaky last week...mulitple lights on/off when they shouldn't be, shots not activating when they should, etc.

6 months later
    #158 4 years ago
    Quoted from Russell:

We are holding our first tournament at North Side Social (9633 Prominent Point, CS, CO, 80924). This will be Sunday, 3/1/2020 from 2-5pm.
    This is an official IFPA tournament. We have 7 games, so we’re going to cap entries at 28 people.
    Signup will be done on North Side Social’s website (https://northsidesocialco.com/event/pinball-tournament/)
    We will continue signup at 1pm on the day of the tournament if we aren’t full.
    Come join us!

Just signed up!! FYI...the website states 1 - 4pm instead of the 2 - 5 you listed. The games seem to match your collection, Russell. Are you in the op business now?!? It'll be great to have a spot with tournaments and hopefully a league as well.

1 week later
    #161 4 years ago

I want to say thanks to Russell and Apex for putting on a really fun tournament yesterday at NorthSideSocial. It was run very well. I'm already looking forward to the next one. Great work!!

#165 4 years ago
    Quoted from RobKnapp:

I stopped playing pinball for 2.5 years. Russell convinced me to materialize at the tournament. Had a blast. Did we talk I am not good with names?[quoted image]

We did. We played a few of the rounds in the same group. Name is Matthew.

1 year later
    #169 2 years ago
    Quoted from Drew13:

Control Room opens in May and Northside Social is open now. We currently have 4 machines at Northside- Houdini, Iron Maiden Pro, Turtles Pro and Avengers Pro

Are there any rules besides masks at NsS?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sethi_i.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colorado-springs-pinball-tournament?tu=sethi_i and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.