(Topic ID: 89837)

Colorado Springs Pinball

By Russell

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1180 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3041 (resized).jpeg
    FC0D8D7D-DDD7-4294-A235-F1B04EED43A4 (resized).jpeg
    701893798 (resized).jpg
    20230315_115648.jpg
    ts4 (resized).jpg
    cr2 (resized).jpg
    cr (resized).jpg
    ccr (resized).jpg
    cr10 (resized).jpg
    cr11 (resized).jpg
    cr12 (resized).jpg
    cr9 (resized).jpg
    cr8 (resized).jpg
    cr7 (resized).jpg
    cr6 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider russell.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

We just had a very successful evening of pinball. Food, drinks and some friendly competition. We ended up playing a double elimination tournament using Brackelope, and then we played 6 "holes" of pin golf. Both methods were lots of fun. We will definitely do this again. We're already talking trying to start up a monthly game. If anyone is in the Colorado Springs area and wants to get involved, let me know.

Thanks to pinsiders: GHaradon, RobKnapp, Q-Dog and to guests Matt, Alan, and Kip.

IMG_4787.JPGIMG_4787.JPG

#8 9 years ago

I have Missile Command, Major Havoc, Tempest, Centipede, Dig Dug, Black Widow, Galaga, Donkey Kong, Joust, and Crystal Castles.

I am planning on thinning out the arcades a bit, to allow for more pins.

#10 9 years ago

Our next meetup and tournament will be 5/25/14. PM me for details if interested.

2 weeks later
    #13 9 years ago

We had another great night of pinball in Colorado Springs. Special thanks to gharadon for hosting tonight. We played 8 holes of pin-golf on 4 machines: Diner, X-Men, AustinPowers and SpaceJam.

We had a great turnout, 15 players! Thanks to all who joined us, including Pinsiders: gharadon, hyperball91, cincy_kid, dankme, wesleycowan, erczilla, RobKnapp, Q-Dog, pushupman (+2), along with Drew, Eric and Tony.

We don't yet have our next meeting worked out. If anyone in the area is interested in getting involved, PM me for details.

image.jpgimage.jpg

3 years later
    #26 6 years ago

Having a little get-together in Colorado Springs tomorrow. 1pm until whenever. Let me know if you're interested.

#28 6 years ago

No, I'm studying most of the day. Figure I can have a little pinball hang out, but can't spend all day in Denver.

#29 6 years ago

We had a nice little get-together. Played 18 holes of pin-golf. We even had a rare Rob Knapp sighting!

5 months later
    #30 6 years ago

Time for another casual Colorado Springs pinball party. Tomorrow. Sunday, 2/25/2018. All are welcome. Let me know if you’re interested. No idea why it’s attaching this old photo.

IMG_7839 (resized).JPGIMG_7839 (resized).JPG

#32 6 years ago

Probably 4-8pm. Will PM you.

#33 6 years ago

Thanks, everyone for joining me this evening. Great turnout. Had a great time. Congrats to Ryan Wanger, who took home the Grand Prize with a 41 over 18 holes of PinGolf.

0C8102D8-4A64-4B36-A9DA-13B7C607FB15 (resized).jpeg0C8102D8-4A64-4B36-A9DA-13B7C607FB15 (resized).jpeg

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

Had a Great Time Russell! Wish I could have stayed longer. Pin Golf was creative and fun.

Thanks. Next time, I think we should just do 9 holes. 18 was a bit too long, though still fun.

#38 6 years ago

It was a lot of fun. I think we had 22 players...with no WPPRs! I think this, along with the fact that I couldn’t buy one of the 880 Pinburgh tournaments 30 seconds after they went on sale, shows the incredible growth of interest in pinball. Glad to see it finally happening a little in Colorado Springs.

1 year later
    #40 5 years ago

New pinball location in Colorado Springs.

It’s called The Control Room. It’s within Cleats Bar and Grill.
    6120 Barnes Rd, Colorado Springs, CO 80922, USA

The games are decent. Some of the games are floaty. And someone desperately needs to buy this place a level. But overall, a decent venue. Check it out.

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from sethi_i:

I'll have to get there. Is it somewhere that a league could be started? I'd definitely love to join something in CS.

Not sure. Might be possible. There would be quite a few people that would be into it.

#44 5 years ago

Thats great. Definitely worth seeing if the venue is interested. I’m happy to help.

#46 5 years ago

Wonder how many players we could get? AJ is the one that told me about the place. I bet he’d play.

#49 5 years ago

Drew, do you have plans for leagues, tournaments?

By the way, Stewie pinball on Family Guy doesn’t work at all.

#56 5 years ago

I’m here now. TWD is very floaty and exit out of pops goes SDTM. A tough game to set up properly.

#57 5 years ago

TWD still WAY too flat and leaning hard to the right. Stewie working well.

#62 5 years ago

Yes, tilts are pretty tight. I bet you can fix TWD just by putting it at an appropriate angle. Mine works fine without any extra rubber.

#63 5 years ago
    Quoted from Drew13:

Alice Cooper on it's way down in two weeks

Very excited about this!!! Will it be extra or replace an existing game. If it is a replacement, I vote for it to replace the problematic TWD.

#68 5 years ago
    Quoted from Lamilvelo:

Any good spots downtown for pinball? I live downtown and hit up Supernova but theirs seem to be out of order or in rough shape a lot of times. I'll have to drive up and check out Control Room this weekend.

Not really. Supernova’s games are awful. Manitou Penny Arcade has some decent games. But really, The Control Room is the best we’ve got. Hopefully, we can help them optimize it and turn it into something great.

#70 5 years ago

Supernova has always been very resistant to any help or assistance.

#72 5 years ago

I'll be there at 4 with Pinsider Apex to play a bit.

#75 5 years ago

Munsters, Deadpool, TWD, GOTG, GB, Family Guy, MBR

#76 5 years ago

Family guy has a ball trap...

3A4F48A2-DFB4-4CC7-BD7E-A591255C26F6 (resized).jpeg3A4F48A2-DFB4-4CC7-BD7E-A591255C26F6 (resized).jpeg
    #77 5 years ago

TWD much less floaty now. Thanks. Also appreciate reduced prices to $0.75.

#79 5 years ago

The games have improved dramatically. I would still like to see a few tweaks:

Monster Bash and Munsters need to have ball saves added.

Monster Bash needs the tilt loosened.

The action button on Guardians is stuck.

#82 5 years ago

Drew- thanks so much for being so receptive. All requests have been addressed. Games are now playing great. Could barely get on a game today, at 4:30. This is how operators should all function. You’re quickly building a community of players. Time to have a tourney?

#88 5 years ago

Would definitely vote to keep Munsters and Monster Bash. I think Munsters lost the ball save when the code was updated. Still, it’s great to have a local operator that updates code! (Time to step it up, Manitou Penny Arcade.)

1 week later
    #94 5 years ago

Monster Bash. Ball got stuck under Frank stand ups, knocked ball free but bank of targets stuck in partially up position. Was worried it might burn the coil, so i switched it off. Hope that was OK, just trying to be helpful.

5CC4BF55-B6D4-4024-A278-D757CD444FBF (resized).jpeg5CC4BF55-B6D4-4024-A278-D757CD444FBF (resized).jpegAB7F4960-F498-4F99-B210-F8BBCCE43A9E (resized).jpegAB7F4960-F498-4F99-B210-F8BBCCE43A9E (resized).jpeg

1 week later
    #98 5 years ago

While he’s there...can he make the tilt a bit less sensitive?

1 week later
    #103 5 years ago

ACNC is doing something really weird. Like it has buggy code or something. Flippers delayed by 3-5 seconds, won’t kick a ball into shooter lane. Very strange behavior.

1 week later
    #106 4 years ago

Wow- significant changes at Control Room. Great stuff. Same pinball lineup, but they added a Killer Queen arcade game! I can't wait to form a Colorado Springs team for KQ. lmk if anyone interested.

1 month later
    #111 4 years ago

When do you think we'll be able to have some leagues and tournaments at Control Room?

3 months later
    #126 4 years ago

Ready to start up a league or tournament, Drew?

#128 4 years ago

Talk to Justin. He’s Apex on Pinside. Good guy. Will do a good job.

1 month later
    #130 4 years ago

Hated to see Killer Queen removed from
    Cleat’s. Where did it end up? Any progress on leagues, tournaments?

4 weeks later
    #135 4 years ago

At what time? And will they even be open Xmas Eve?

#137 4 years ago
    Quoted from Drew13:

They are landing late today, so we will deliver new pins on Thursday. Have a great Christmas everyone

Nooooooooooooooo!!!

#139 4 years ago
    Quoted from DNO:

You can come play it at my house Russell...
    Text me if you want my address, party starts around 6-7

Thanks, DNO. Wish I could’ve made it. Drew- Any word on getting the game into Cleat’s?

#141 4 years ago

2 new ones!?! That’s amazing. Headed there after work.

#148 4 years ago
    Quoted from Drew13:

Thanks for the heads up. Our technician will fix it

Yep, the main house shot on Elvira not working. Also, a ball is stuck under the demogorgan on Stranger Things. (same spot that it was stuck before.). If the tech is going by anyway, maybe he can update the code on STh?

1 month later
    #157 4 years ago

We are holding our first tournament at North Side Social (9633 Prominent Point, CS, CO, 80924). This will be Sunday, 3/1/2020 from 2-5pm.

This is an official IFPA tournament. We have 7 games, so we’re going to cap entries at 28 people.

Signup will be done on North Side Social’s website (https://northsidesocialco.com/event/pinball-tournament/)

We will continue signup at 1pm on the day of the tournament if we aren’t full.
    Come join us!

#159 4 years ago

I know, I keep trying to get them to change it. Signups will begin at 1, and we anticipate the tournament will be 2-5pm. Yes, I put my collection on location. If we get enough regulars, I intend to have a monthly tournament, leagues, and even potentially an annual tournament. They're doing signups on the North Side site, linked above. Sign up there to reserve a spot, we have to limit entries to 28!

1 year later
    #178 2 years ago

Is anyone interested in starting up a Southern Colorado Pinball Club?

1 year later
    #189 1 year ago

Kudos to Drew for keeping a nice lineup available for Colorado Springs pinheads. And his tech, Victor does a great job at maintaining these games at a high level.

2 weeks later
    #202 1 year ago

That's a good summary. The only place with nice modern pins is Control Room. Manitou Penny Arcade gets the occasional new game, but they NEVER update software. So, it's a place mostly for playing some older games. Would just skip Supernova and the RV park.

#205 1 year ago

Yes, AJs place in Pueblo is cool, and worth a visit.

2 weeks later
    #210 11 months ago

Drew, Are you having a FF launch party tonight (now?) at Control Room?

#212 11 months ago

It’s connected now, but usually a launch party implies a tournament, with prizes, etc.

8 months later
    #235 88 days ago

Drew- any word on Jaws for Control Room?

3 weeks later
    #245 67 days ago

Nice update to the lineup at Control Room- Jaws, Godzilla, TNA all added.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider russell.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colorado-springs-pinball-tournament?tu=russell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.