(Topic ID: 89837)

Colorado Springs Pinball

By Russell

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1180 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3041 (resized).jpeg
    FC0D8D7D-DDD7-4294-A235-F1B04EED43A4 (resized).jpeg
    701893798 (resized).jpg
    20230315_115648.jpg
    ts4 (resized).jpg
    cr2 (resized).jpg
    cr (resized).jpg
    ccr (resized).jpg
    cr10 (resized).jpg
    cr11 (resized).jpg
    cr12 (resized).jpg
    cr9 (resized).jpg
    cr8 (resized).jpg
    cr7 (resized).jpg
    cr6 (resized).jpg
    There are 253 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
    #151 4 years ago

My son and I had a great time playing the pins at the control room last weekend. We were hoping to play The new Stern Jurassic Park... Is there one anywhere in the Springs?

#152 4 years ago
    Quoted from ShooterMcD:

My son and I had a great time playing the pins at the control room last weekend. We were hoping to play The new Stern Jurassic Park... Is there one anywhere in the Springs?

Jurassic Park arrives at Control Room in the next two weeks

#153 4 years ago
    Quoted from Drew13:

#154 4 years ago
    Quoted from Drew13:

That's awesome!
    Just an FYI Iron Maiden is sloping hard to the left and Elvira is very sensitive for tilts with nudging.

1 week later
    #155 4 years ago

Elvira code updated in time for a snow day

2 weeks later
    #156 4 years ago

Excited to head up to North Side Social tonight and check out the pins.

#157 4 years ago

We are holding our first tournament at North Side Social (9633 Prominent Point, CS, CO, 80924). This will be Sunday, 3/1/2020 from 2-5pm.

This is an official IFPA tournament. We have 7 games, so we’re going to cap entries at 28 people.

Signup will be done on North Side Social’s website (https://northsidesocialco.com/event/pinball-tournament/)

We will continue signup at 1pm on the day of the tournament if we aren’t full.
    Come join us!

#158 4 years ago
    Quoted from Russell:

We are holding our first tournament at North Side Social (9633 Prominent Point, CS, CO, 80924). This will be Sunday, 3/1/2020 from 2-5pm.
    This is an official IFPA tournament. We have 7 games, so we’re going to cap entries at 28 people.
    Signup will be done on North Side Social’s website (https://northsidesocialco.com/event/pinball-tournament/)
    We will continue signup at 1pm on the day of the tournament if we aren’t full.
    Come join us!

Just signed up!! FYI...the website states 1 - 4pm instead of the 2 - 5 you listed. The games seem to match your collection, Russell. Are you in the op business now?!? It'll be great to have a spot with tournaments and hopefully a league as well.

#159 4 years ago

I know, I keep trying to get them to change it. Signups will begin at 1, and we anticipate the tournament will be 2-5pm. Yes, I put my collection on location. If we get enough regulars, I intend to have a monthly tournament, leagues, and even potentially an annual tournament. They're doing signups on the North Side site, linked above. Sign up there to reserve a spot, we have to limit entries to 28!

#160 4 years ago

Twilight Zone in very good condition. Cabinet has no drill holes and strong colors. There is a credit dot, and could use a little cleaning.
    $6500 includes delivery to Colorado Springs area. Open to trade +/- cash in either direction, as well.

denver.craigslist.org link

1 week later
    #161 4 years ago

I want to say thanks to Russell and Apex for putting on a really fun tournament yesterday at NorthSideSocial. It was run very well. I'm already looking forward to the next one. Great work!!

#162 4 years ago
    Quoted from sethi_i:

I want to say thanks to russell and apex for putting on a really fun tournament yesterday at NorthSideSocial. It was run very well. I'm already looking forward to the next one. Great work!!

Ari and I also wanted to say thanks for the great tournament!

#163 4 years ago

Deadpool’s left flipper died during play. I shut off the machine and informed management.

#164 4 years ago
    Quoted from sethi_i:

I want to say thanks to russell and apex for putting on a really fun tournament yesterday at NorthSideSocial. It was run very well. I'm already looking forward to the next one. Great work!!

I stopped playing pinball for 2.5 years. Russell convinced me to materialize at the tournament. Had a blast. Did we talk I am not good with names?

Avengers 3D film collection (resized).jpgAvengers 3D film collection (resized).jpg
    #165 4 years ago
    Quoted from RobKnapp:

I stopped playing pinball for 2.5 years. Russell convinced me to materialize at the tournament. Had a blast. Did we talk I am not good with names?[quoted image]

We did. We played a few of the rounds in the same group. Name is Matthew.

1 year later
    #166 3 years ago

Anyone happen to know if Control Room or any other
    Colorado Springs pinball place has reopened? Looking to play some JJP, Stern or 90's B/W pins. I know of Supernova but wasn't too impressed when I went there. To honest and fair was a long time ago and I have no knowledge about their current pins.

#167 3 years ago

As of march 11th it looks like control room is planning on opening up in may. I think if you want the most variety of games you are going to have to go to manitou.

The other option is to head down to Bite me cupcake in pueblo. AJ has a good mix of games there currently, and will only get better when he gets the next phase open.

#168 3 years ago

Control Room opens in May and Northside Social is open now. We currently have 4 machines at Northside- Houdini, Iron Maiden Pro, Turtles Pro and Avengers Pro

#169 3 years ago
    Quoted from Drew13:

Control Room opens in May and Northside Social is open now. We currently have 4 machines at Northside- Houdini, Iron Maiden Pro, Turtles Pro and Avengers Pro

Are there any rules besides masks at NsS?

#170 3 years ago
    Quoted from sethi_i:

Are there any rules besides masks at NsS?

No sir, just masks

1 month later
    #171 2 years ago

Has Control Room reopened?

#172 2 years ago
    Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Has Control Room reopened?

The owners pushed the opening to mid June

#173 2 years ago

Northside Social - Current Pinball Line-Up

Avengers Infinity Quest Pro, TMNT Pro, Jurassic Park Pro and Stranger Things Pro. Control Room will open in June with 9 pins

1 week later
    #174 2 years ago

Even though we are not in springs, we are officially opening a new addition down here in Pueblo with 15 more pins!!! We currently have 20 pins ranging from Stars to stern Jurassic Park. Come down and visit us at Bite Me Cake Company!!

#175 2 years ago
    Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Even though we are not in springs, we are officially opening a new addition down here in Pueblo with 15 more pins!!! We currently have 20 pins ranging from Stars to stern Jurassic Park. Come down and visit us at Bite Me Cake Company!!

Was down there a few weeks ago. Got my initials on the JP. Nice place. My dad (family I was visiting) was very highly impressed with everything, as well. Someone had come in to pick up a wedding cake, and I swear he was drooling over it.

2 months later
    #176 2 years ago

Control Room opens Monday, August 30.

2 weeks later
    #177 2 years ago

Control Room is now open....2pm on weekdays and 12pm on weekends

cr (resized).jpgcr (resized).jpgcr10 (resized).jpgcr10 (resized).jpgcr11 (resized).jpgcr11 (resized).jpgcr12 (resized).jpgcr12 (resized).jpgcr2 (resized).jpgcr2 (resized).jpgcr3 (resized).jpgcr3 (resized).jpgcr4 (resized).jpgcr4 (resized).jpgcr5 (resized).jpgcr5 (resized).jpgcr6 (resized).jpgcr6 (resized).jpgcr7 (resized).jpgcr7 (resized).jpgcr8 (resized).jpgcr8 (resized).jpgcr9 (resized).jpgcr9 (resized).jpg
    3 months later
    #178 2 years ago

Is anyone interested in starting up a Southern Colorado Pinball Club?

2 months later
    #179 2 years ago

Cactus Canyon SE set up and ready at Control Room

ccr (resized).jpgccr (resized).jpg
    1 month later
    #180 2 years ago

Ghostbusters and Deadpool out at Control Room and Legends of Valhalla Deluxe and Mandalorian Pro in. Enjoy the weekend everyone

cr (resized).jpgcr (resized).jpgcr2 (resized).jpgcr2 (resized).jpg
    2 months later
    #181 1 year ago

Toy Story is being delivered tomorrow morning to Control Room and Rush is out

2 months later
    #183 1 year ago

I'm going to be moving back to CS from KY. What's the Pinball scene like there now. I see that Control Room is still open, any other new places open up that have a good pin selection.

1 month later
    #184 1 year ago

That’s about it honestly. Down in Pueblo we have our bakery/ arcade bar that has 23 pins and hold tournaments and leagues. We have a few of the springs guys come down for those. But if you just want to flip around you can find us at Bite Me Cake Company 223 s Union Ave Pueblo co 81003

#185 1 year ago

My wife told me about you guys. Of course it's the cakes that she wants. I look forward to coming down. I guess the pin community is still pretty small around the springs and Peublo.

2 months later
    #186 1 year ago

James Bond Pro delivered today to Control Room

2 months later
    #187 1 year ago

Control room is ready

20230315_115648.jpg20230315_115648.jpg
    #188 1 year ago

Awesome! Will be there soon to try Godfather out as I did Toy Story CCr and played ALL the pins there the 3 or 4 times I've been there. Was surprised by how much I liked Toy Story! But then again I do like JJP.

#189 1 year ago

Kudos to Drew for keeping a nice lineup available for Colorado Springs pinheads. And his tech, Victor does a great job at maintaining these games at a high level.

#190 1 year ago

Thanks Russ. Appreciate the kind words...more new pins coming there in the next few weeks

#191 1 year ago

Anyone know of a good Colorado Springs pinball tech including one good at assessing and fixing board and electronic issues. I often call Mike Strauss but he's not currently available for quite awhile.

1 week later
    #192 1 year ago

Know of Manitou Arcade, Control Room which is best local place for newer pins including Stern and JJP, and then Supernova downtown. Anyone know of any places such as bowling alleys, bars, hotels, etc. that have even one pin? Found a Monster Bash and Stern POTC at Harmony Bowl. There is an AFM at Embassy Suites and a RIBION at a small bowling alley off Academy who's name I forgot. I'm just asking places of greater COS not Denver for this thread, please.

#193 1 year ago
    Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Know of Manitou Arcade, Control Room which is best local place for newer pins including Stern and JJP, and then Supernova downtown. Anyone know of any places such as bowling alleys, bars, hotels, etc. that have even one pin? Found a Monster Bash and Stern POTC at Harmony Bowl. There is an AFM at Embassy Suites and a RIBION at a small bowling alley off Academy who's name I forgot. I'm just asking places of greater COS not Denver for this thread, please.

Pinball map is great for this.

https://pinballmap.com/colorado?region=colorado&by_city_id=Colorado+Springs

#195 1 year ago

Foo is rockin at Control Room

701893798 (resized).jpg701893798 (resized).jpg
    #196 1 year ago

I can't host as don't have enough pins working well. But would love to get together soon with Springs pinheads. Could be at Control Room, Manitou Arcade, another location or if someone is willing to host. Haven't seen most of you in a long time so would love if we could do something.

Ideas anyone?

#197 1 year ago
    Quoted from Drew13:

Foo is rockin at Control Room
    [quoted image]

You should update the Colorado Pinball and the Pinside maps, otherwise those who don't see this have no idea a new game is available to play that is not common in Colorado yet.

#199 1 year ago
    Quoted from WesleyCowan:

I can't host as don't have enough pins working well. But would love to get together soon with Springs pinheads. Could be at Control Room, Manitou Arcade, another location or if someone is willing to host. Haven't seen most of you in a long time so would love if we could do something.
    Ideas anyone?

I'm new to the area (well, 'new' after being gone for 22 years..) and will be around here until my place is finished down in Pueblo. Last time I was living here in the Spring, the only places were Challenges, Mountasia (my old employer), and the Manitou Arcade.

I'm up for checking out some of these places.

#200 1 year ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

I'm new to the area (well, 'new' after being gone for 22 years..) and will be around here until my place is finished down in Pueblo. Last time I was living here in the Spring, the only places were Challenges, Mountasia (my old employer), and the Manitou Arcade.
    I'm up for checking out some of these places.

Control Room has 7 pins including JJP the Godfather and the rest are Sterns. Seem to keep their games in great working condition and to rotate 1 in and
    out when a new release happens.
    Supernova downtown is more about video games and has many classics. 1 or more of the pins has often been turned off or not working
    Pueblo has a place that makes cakes and other sweets and has a very large lineup of pins. Haven't been there but seems mike s great combo custom cakes and pins.
    Manitou still going strong and tons of games and pins. But not super often they get new pins but have a few Sterns and a JJP Hobbit. Have 2 main buildings with pins but 2 or 3sort of off in smaller areas. How well each pin is working can vary a lot from perfect t to unplayable.
    Is a RV park in Manitou that has around 10 pins but never been there. Most the rest are spread out between bars, laundry mats, bowling alleys, and restaurants but usually with only 1-3 pins.

There are 253 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colorado-springs-pinball-tournament/page/4?hl=shootermcd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.