4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 105 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Drew13
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

AB7F4960-F498-4F99-B210-F8BBCCE43A9E (resized).jpeg
    5CC4BF55-B6D4-4024-A278-D757CD444FBF (resized).jpeg
    DSCN1607 (resized).JPG
    DSCN1323 (resized).JPG
    3A4F48A2-DFB4-4CC7-BD7E-A591255C26F6 (resized).jpeg
    0C8102D8-4A64-4B36-A9DA-13B7C607FB15 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7839 (resized).JPG
    Pinball Party 2.jpg
    Pinball Party 1.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMG_4787.JPG

There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 4 years ago

We just had a very successful evening of pinball. Food, drinks and some friendly competition. We ended up playing a double elimination tournament using Brackelope, and then we played 6 "holes" of pin golf. Both methods were lots of fun. We will definitely do this again. We're already talking trying to start up a monthly game. If anyone is in the Colorado Springs area and wants to get involved, let me know.

Thanks to pinsiders: GHaradon, RobKnapp, Q-Dog and to guests Matt, Alan, and Kip.

IMG_4787.JPG

#2 4 years ago

Thanks for hosting Russell. Had a great time and looking forward to it being the first of many.

#3 4 years ago

Hi,
    I'd be very interested in attending. I'm not a great player, but do enjoy socializing, playing pins, and meeting people interested in this hobby. Please let me know of future events. Thanks!

Wesley

#4 4 years ago

Thanks Russell , had a great time playing pinball . And also the fellowship that went along with the party. Kudos for your wife putting up with the boys. And cooking us some wonderful snacks. Rob

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Hi,
    I'd be very interested in attending. I'm not a great player, but do enjoy socializing, playing pins, and meeting people interested in this hobby. Please let me know of future events. Thanks!
    Wesley

Your name came up Wesley. This was kind of a short notice gathering.

#6 4 years ago

Sounds great Russell, I'm in. I met Rob at RMPS, great guy, so he knows me, kinda! lol.
    I live up in Briargate close to the Pine Creek golf course.
    I'd love to meet some of you local guys and try some of your pins. I don't have any pins at the moment but I'd love to get more of course as I had 5 back in '91. Many moons ago. Cheers, Mal

#7 4 years ago

Might have to make the drive down from Denver. Loves me some Tempest. Why other video games do you have in that wonderland of yours?

#8 4 years ago

I have Missile Command, Major Havoc, Tempest, Centipede, Dig Dug, Black Widow, Galaga, Donkey Kong, Joust, and Crystal Castles.

I am planning on thinning out the arcades a bit, to allow for more pins.

#9 4 years ago

Congrats Russell...looks like you was a lot of fun.

#10 4 years ago

Our next meetup and tournament will be 5/25/14. PM me for details if interested.

1 week later
    #11 4 years ago

awesome set up! I plan on attending once my schedule changes, or maybe show up a little while before i have to go to work. I'd love to meet up with other Pinsiders in the springs.

1 week later
    #12 4 years ago

Had a great time. Thanks for the invite. I'm looking forward to the next one.

Eric

#13 4 years ago

We had another great night of pinball in Colorado Springs. Special thanks to gharadon for hosting tonight. We played 8 holes of pin-golf on 4 machines: Diner, X-Men, AustinPowers and SpaceJam.

We had a great turnout, 15 players! Thanks to all who joined us, including Pinsiders: gharadon, hyperball91, cincy_kid, dankme, wesleycowan, erczilla, RobKnapp, Q-Dog, pushupman (+2), along with Drew, Eric and Tony.

We don't yet have our next meeting worked out. If anyone in the area is interested in getting involved, PM me for details.

image.jpg

#14 4 years ago

Guys,
    Was a great party and nice to meet everyone, Thanks to Russell for organizing and GH for hosting. Already looking forward to next month.

#15 4 years ago

I had a great time last night at Geoffs place, thank you so much for hosting Geoff! We all had a great time playing pin golf and it was good to meet other pinball enthusiasts from the Springs.
    Many thanks to Russell for organising the event and like everybody else I'm really looking forward to our next gathering.
    Cheers, Mal

#16 4 years ago

Ditto! Thanks for hosting Geoff and Russell for organizing! And for whoever brought the extra game. It was awesome meeting up with some local fellow enthusiasts!

#17 4 years ago

That was Matt that brought the Space Jam along in his truck, so thank you Matt for bringing your game along. Much appreciated, and great meeting you. I introduced one of your sons to Metal Slug on Geoffs MAME cabinet and we had a great 2 player game to the final mission. He's a good kid.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from RobKnapp:

Thanks Russell , had a great time playing pinball . And also the fellowship that went along with the party. Kudos for your wife putting up with the boys. And cooking us some wonderful snacks. Rob

Thought for sure you'd be going shirtless in that pick, bro

#19 4 years ago

Here's a couple of photos I took during our pin-golf tournament last night. Sorry for the crummy phone photos but I fixed them as best as I could in Photoshop.

Pinball Party 1.jpg

Pinball Party 2.jpg

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

Thought for sure you'd be going shirtless in that pick, bro

Lol , Alas no women to peacock for .

#21 4 years ago

The pics make me miss Colorado Springs. I was a Horace Mann/Palmer guy back in the day, but mostly hung at Nickels N Dimes and King Pin on Academy.

#22 4 years ago

Russell you wanted idea's for a name for the new group . One thought " Pike's Peak Pinballer's "

7 months later
    #23 4 years ago

Would be nice to have another group event in the near future!

1 month later
    #24 4 years ago

I just heard from the guy who runs Lock When Kit who's always at the Denver show and does board work. He will be in Colorado soon, likely this weekend and I'm going to have him work on my Capcom CPU. Do you have any games that need board work done? If so and you think you might want him to do it, he's getting real busy and will soon have a backlog. But since he'sis coming to Colorado this weekend you wouldn't have to wait if he is going to be at Rocky Mountain Pinball which is now in June istead of April.

I bought a NVRAM recently that he sell with two options. There's either the more expensive one that works on many Bally/Williams pins, Capcoms, some but not all Gottliebs, DE, etc or he also has a less expensive option that works on fewer games. I got the cheaper one that works on DE and Capcom both and have it in Maverick for now, since PM isn't working. This allowed me to get the battery holder off the board and so no more worries of batteries leaking on the boards. On most games it just an easy install requiring no soldering on the board. If you're really busy I can take any boards, assuming I might have to go to Denver, unless he's willing to come to COS.

#25 4 years ago

I haven't lived out there since the mid-late 90's. I used to know a lot of the guys out there - but looking at the pictures, only ONE guy looks familiar now.

I'm old now, my memory's gone. Couldn't recall any names.

2 years later
    #26 1 year ago

Having a little get-together in Colorado Springs tomorrow. 1pm until whenever. Let me know if you're interested.

#27 1 year ago

Won't be seeing you at Colfax then

#28 1 year ago

No, I'm studying most of the day. Figure I can have a little pinball hang out, but can't spend all day in Denver.

#29 1 year ago

We had a nice little get-together. Played 18 holes of pin-golf. We even had a rare Rob Knapp sighting!

5 months later
    #30 1 year ago

Time for another casual Colorado Springs pinball party. Tomorrow. Sunday, 2/25/2018. All are welcome. Let me know if you’re interested. No idea why it’s attaching this old photo.

IMG_7839 (resized).JPG

#31 1 year ago

I would like to try and make it. What time today? I need to talk to my wife about what's going on today. I would like to meet all you guys. I have talked to some of you on the phone over the years just never had the chance to meet you.

#32 1 year ago

Probably 4-8pm. Will PM you.

#33 1 year ago

Thanks, everyone for joining me this evening. Great turnout. Had a great time. Congrats to Ryan Wanger, who took home the Grand Prize with a 41 over 18 holes of PinGolf.

0C8102D8-4A64-4B36-A9DA-13B7C607FB15 (resized).jpeg

#34 1 year ago

Had a Great Time Russell! Wish I could have stayed longer. Pin Golf was creative and fun.

#35 1 year ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

Had a Great Time Russell! Wish I could have stayed longer. Pin Golf was creative and fun.

Thanks. Next time, I think we should just do 9 holes. 18 was a bit too long, though still fun.

#36 1 year ago

Russell, thanks for the invitation and a great time. It was my first attempt at anything competitive in pinball, and I really enjoyed it.

#37 1 year ago

Russel, thanks so much for the invite. I was kicking myself for not being able to make it and hope you have another one soon. Looking forward to meeting local players and pinsiders!

#38 1 year ago

It was a lot of fun. I think we had 22 players...with no WPPRs! I think this, along with the fact that I couldn’t buy one of the 880 Pinburgh tournaments 30 seconds after they went on sale, shows the incredible growth of interest in pinball. Glad to see it finally happening a little in Colorado Springs.

3 months later
    #39 10 months ago

Did anyone go to the Pinball showdown this year? We did. Had fun, but man it was hot in the main room. They needed to work on the HVAC system.

8 months later
    #40 49 days ago

New pinball location in Colorado Springs.

It’s called The Control Room. It’s within Cleats Bar and Grill.
    6120 Barnes Rd, Colorado Springs, CO 80922, USA

The games are decent. Some of the games are floaty. And someone desperately needs to buy this place a level. But overall, a decent venue. Check it out.

#41 49 days ago
    Quoted from Russell:

New pinball location in Colorado Springs.
    It’s called The Control Room. It’s within Cleats Bar and Grill.
    6120 Barnes Rd, Colorado Springs, CO 80922, USA
    The games are decent. Some of the games are floaty. And someone desperately needs to buy this place a level. But overall, a decent venue. Check it out.

I'll have to get there. Is it somewhere that a league could be started? I'd definitely love to join something in CS.

#42 49 days ago
    Quoted from sethi_i:

I'll have to get there. Is it somewhere that a league could be started? I'd definitely love to join something in CS.

Not sure. Might be possible. There would be quite a few people that would be into it.

#43 49 days ago
    Quoted from Russell:

Not sure. Might be possible. There would be quite a few people that would be into it.

You're plugged in much more than I am. If you want to put some feelers out, I'd be happy to help with some of the backend legwork to make it happen.

#44 49 days ago

Thats great. Definitely worth seeing if the venue is interested. I’m happy to help.

#45 49 days ago

There is a good chance I could be convinced this is a good idea.

#46 49 days ago

Wonder how many players we could get? AJ is the one that told me about the place. I bet he’d play.

#47 48 days ago

Hello Russell, we are the company providing the games at the control room. We have high hopes for the location and we will be doing a second build out in April/May. Our technician will be there this week to address the level of the games and tweak them to play well. Please email us at info@milehigharcade.com with any issues and we will relay that to our technician.

Thank you for stopping by and the feedback.

#49 48 days ago

Drew, do you have plans for leagues, tournaments?

By the way, Stewie pinball on Family Guy doesn’t work at all.

#50 48 days ago

Im in if we can get something going up there. Might try to head up there this weekend to check it out if you guys wanna meet up or something

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 1.95
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Led
    Geeteoh Electronics
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 17.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    BK Pinball
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    £ 58.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 5.00
    $ 8.00
    Cabinet Parts
    RPGCor
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 89.95
    Lighting - Interactive
    Pin Bright
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 199.99
    $ 1,199.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 9.99
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside