(Topic ID: 241092)

Color led, dmd install into Jurassic Park, off center?

By Spencer

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190419_084329 (resized).jpg
    20190419_084307 (resized).jpg
    20190419_084144 (resized).jpg
    20190419_084229 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Spencer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

So, I bought a color Led display and installed it a few days ago. The issue is, I used the original mounting posts and installed it, everything works, love the way it looks but when playing, I cant see the top few lines of the dmd. Removed it all, moved the dmd mounting down as far as I could, re-installed everything and its better but when I'm playing, I still cant see the top line or two, unless I bend down. I'm just under 6 feet tall, so that's not the issue. The original mounts are maxed out, so what does one do now?? Any thoughts? did anyone else have this issue?

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Can you post pictures? The LED display should be a good fit replacement for the DMD. I have a LED in LAH and I don't have any problem viewing the top lines and I'm 6' tall.

Well, that's what I thought. Yes, I will take some photos and post them.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

You can adjust the horizontal and vertical settings within the ColorDMD to make it fit in your window.

Yeah, its not that. Its just mounted to high.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Also, the LED display should fit very close to the clear window in the speaker panel.

Bingo. Thanks for the photos, that's the issue. I used the original mounts. I will mount it like you did and that will fix it for sure. Thanks alot!

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dmod:

You should not be using the wood screws. They are only for Stern metal speaker panels.
    The display mounts with the original factory posts. Place the display down first, then add spacers and nuts to hold in place.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

You could just pull out the colordmd and put your old crappy display back in.
    Your comment was uncalled for and rude.
    Owner.of Company was trying to help you.

I already fixed the issue

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

You could just pull out the colordmd and put your old crappy display back in.
    Your comment was uncalled for and rude.
    Owner.of Company was trying to help you.

Or maybe you could actually mount it as it should.

#17 5 years ago

I apologize for my bad attitude. It was indeed uncalled for. I was frustrated by the lack of instructions on how to install the display properly and had a few to many drinks.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Spencer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/color-led-dmd-install-into-jurassic-park-off-center?tu=Spencer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.