(Topic ID: 171726)

Color DMD's...what games are they available for?

By 82Trooper

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3639 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3640 (resized).JPG
    #1 7 years ago

I was at my local bowling alley today, and played a 1993 Williams STTNG with a color DMD. It was very cool.
    Does anyone have a source for which games these color DMD's are available for?
    Is one available for Avengers?
    Who is the best source to purchase one?

Thanks.
    Mike

IMG_3640 (resized).JPGIMG_3640 (resized).JPG

IMG_3639 (resized).JPGIMG_3639 (resized).JPG

#3 7 years ago

Not any of mine.

#4 7 years ago

O I'm sure there will be. Those guys don't stop.

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from Twilight1:

O I'm sure there will be. Those guys don't stop.

JP or bust at this point.

#6 7 years ago

Thanks, Mizzoo.
    The Avengers is out of stock....any idea how often these guys resupply?

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from 82Trooper:

Thanks, Mizzoo.
    The Avengers is out of stock....any idea how often these guys resupply?

Actually, they are all out of stock. All of the LCD ColorDMD games ship with the same hardware and Sigma software loaded. Picking the game lets them know what power plug you will need. When you get it you will go to the website to get the Avengers code and load it with a USB stick.

As for stock they usually run out after a new game is announced and stock up again as soon as they can afterwards. There are good about getting stock. It is not like other products that seem to be out of stock for forever.

#8 7 years ago

Sign up for the reminder service \ newsletter... they send one out as soon as stock replenishes.

#9 7 years ago

Their last communication said they should be back in stock by the end of October.

#10 7 years ago

Great, thanks to all for the info!

#11 7 years ago

Seems like there is always a demand for these even at $400 which isn't cheap. They are always out of stock. Doesn't sound like the greatest business model or a horrible supply chain. I'm sure these can be farmed out for cheaper, sold cheaper and triple sales. In fact my friend and I often think about exploiting this demand by creating a similar product. Competition is good in a free market.

#12 7 years ago

and a follow up question.....are these "plug and play" to install? What is involved?

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from 82Trooper:

and a follow up question.....are these "plug and play" to install? What is involved?

Here are the instructions for installing (click on the brand game you have and LCD or LED ColorDMD):

http://www.colordmd.com/support_hardware.html

1 month later
    #14 7 years ago

Has anyone here installed one on The Avengers? I would love to see a video....

#15 7 years ago

Here is a video that would be the same install as Avengers if you go with the LCD display.

#16 7 years ago

Installing a LED display in Avengers will be a little different, as you would have to put the LED display in place of the original DMD. Still simple enough to do though.

#17 7 years ago

Thanks for the prompt response....since you guys are granting wishes tonight....does anyone have a video of of the color one installed? What does it look like during actual ?

Thanks again.
    Mike

#18 7 years ago

Sorry. Internet search did not turn up any game play videos. I seen one in action at TPF back in March with the LCD in HiRes. Wow! That was one sharp colorization.

Though anytime ColorDMD puts out a video preview, that normally makes me want to buy it now.
    http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=avengers+pinball+colordmd+youtube+video&view=detail&mid=61EF8EC9E4790D0BAF6761EF8EC9E4790D0BAF67&FORM=VIRE

#19 7 years ago

That's perfect, just what I was looking for. Ordered myself one just now!
    Thanks!p

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from 82Trooper:

That's perfect, just what I was looking for. Ordered myself one just now!
    Thanks!p

LED or LCD? Can't really go wrong either way.

#21 7 years ago

I bought the LCD version of the color DMD. After reading on the LCD vs the LED, it seems to be more to my taste. Hope I am right!

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from 82Trooper:

I bought the LCD version of the color DMD. After reading on the LCD vs the LED, it seems to be more to my taste. Hope I am right!

Excellent choice. You have more options in the way things are displayed on the screen.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/color-dmdswhat-games-are-they-available-for and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.