Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 104 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170830_201708 (resized).jpg
    sb (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ptownpin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 6 years ago

No brainer...by far the best mod in ANY game....

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

Color dmd , pdi/invisaglass , powered subwoofer and leds are a must on every game in my house.

could not agree more....I have color/invisiglass on all my pins...although for whatever reason the sheet of PDI that I got isn't as good as the invisiglass...I bought one of each to compare....ended up with settling in on invisiglass for the balance of the machines

#43 6 years ago
    Quoted from Leeb18509:

Huh? Seriously? A $250 piece of glass? I bought some new glass for $40 and a bottle of windex and everybody that came up to play the game at a show thought it was invisiglass, lol.
    Most titles are worth it to upgrade, not all. WPT wasn't anything special, but some of them like MET and TWD are just spectacular.

Its $300....and its worth every penny

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from Leeb18509:

Because before Invisiglass was invented pinball was absolutely horrible to play. My eyes! No it isn't. An $8 glareguard, and good lighting along with clean normal glass it worth it because for 5 sheets of IG I could have an entire other machine (or 2).

Nobody is saying that the standard glass is horrible. All I am saying is the Invisiglass is a BIG improvement. You should really try one for a while so u can appreciate the difference. It really is night and day!

#50 6 years ago

considering the small market segment I think $400 is cheap considering what u get....

#54 6 years ago
    Quoted from spazzman90:

You have 40? Well I guess you wouldn't be trying to justify a bunch of money spent on mediocre product now would ya.
    Looks like you didn't get the gist of my post. I have no problems paying for quality. If it costs $500 to get a good display I would pay it. I'm not paying $400 for a product that falls flat on its face because they couldn't put a decent display in it. Get the difference?

Not really....I own them on three of my games...they are all great and the display is perfectly fine...especially compared to the shitty dmd displays that come with standard games

#83 6 years ago

my only rub with the colordmd guys is that they charge over $32 bucks to ship......so on top of the BS California tax we have to pay ridiculous shipping costs....it costs about $488 to get one delivered in California....

#87 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dmod:

Shipping USPS Priority insured is only $16.38. The only added cost for California is the 7.75% state sales tax.
    LCD is $446.38 shipped to Pleasanton ($42 less than what you quoted)
    LED is $413.98 shipped to Pleasanton ($74 less than what you quoted)
    I checked the site and looks like it's being billed correctly. If you're seeing different prices, please send me a PM and we'll investigate.

If thats the case your site isn't correct...I added the $399 dmd, estimated shipping costs ($33.07 USPS Priority), and tax....

Cart Items Qty Item Price Item Total
    Subtotal: $423.00
    Estimate Shipping & Tax
    Shipping (USPS Priority Mail): $33.07
    CA Sales Tax: $32.78
    Grand Total: $488.85
    ColorDMD Replacement Display for AC/DC Pinball Machine
    Installation Kit: Add Shield/Standoffs for Metal Speaker Panels +$24
    Change

#94 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dmod:

The price I quoted was for LED and includes the sales tax ($369 + $16.38 + $28.60). The website will automatically apply free shipping on orders of three or more displays.
    Other discounts are usually not advertised. We generally offer discounts in conjunction with show organizers if you're bringing a game to a show and exhibit a ColorDMD. Reduced pricing may also be available for large orders.

Its a great product...I think the unfortunate reality is with high shipping costs, and state taxes its much more expensive if you live in California...probably why most pinheads purchase NIB machines out of state to avoid our high taxes.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ptownpin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/color-dmd-worth-the-price-or-no?tu=ptownpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.