Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by dug
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

I have no idea if there are plans to make one for WH20 but at the moment they can be used in other pins to simulate one color. I think all blue on WH20 would look good but $399 is a lot of bucks to change the color. That said, if they have no plans for this title, it may be something to consider for the ultimate mod???

#2 12 years ago

In the original trailer, it did show footage of Whitewater. My sources say that WH20 is NOT the next color DMD though.

Think about games everyone has, or wants, and what they also may have shown pics of in the original trailer. That will probably tell you what's next after MM is released.

#3 12 years ago

I would say very good possibility. They made 7000 machines (I think). I think after MM we will see TAF and TZ.

#4 12 years ago

WH2O would look fantastic in color. Why do I feel like we've traveled back in time and we're sitting here waiting for color tvs?

#5 12 years ago

I think Tom is spot on. AFM then MM then TAF then TZ?

Hopefully sooner rather than later they open the software to end users and let them do the leg work in an openspace environment.

#6 12 years ago

TZ would get my vote or SM.

#7 12 years ago

SM would pose other issues as there are many video captures from the movies in the DMD animation. Technically that would need another approach entirely. It almost makes more sense to just use the LCD screen to play the actual video sequences at that point if there was some licensing allowance for that. And, of course colorize the scoring, fonts, etc.

I'm almost thinking it would be cool for the next generation of video enabled Sterns to maintain the DMD sized display area as it would lessen reflection and hopefully not introduce huge distraction to the player. The only drawback I see (if you see it as one) is a less garish than possible attract mode vs a 26" screen, as well as less opportunity to place ads on the display, which I personally am not enthused about anyway.

#8 12 years ago

TZ and TAF would both be logical choices. There are a ton of them out there, and they fetch high prices. I'm guessing MB won't be far behind.

#9 12 years ago

You would certainly choose pins that are being restored and the more the better. Would say MM, TAF, TZ, MB are sure things. After that, gets more tricky, SS, TOM, maybe. Hopefully WH20 as wow, what a difference it would make.

#10 12 years ago

TZ would sell like crazy and that should be next,Many TZ owners out there.

#11 12 years ago

I think fish tales would look awesome plenty of them out there cftbl would be another

#12 12 years ago

TAF is their next project.

#13 12 years ago

Ok, so AFM, MM, TAF has been 'known' for a while........does anyone know what comes next??!!

#14 12 years ago

I'd have to guess TZ as well, if only because of how mod-crazy a lot of owners are. And the Color DMD definitely qualifies as an incredible visual mod!

#15 12 years ago

Given the interaction (and great quality) of the DMD with game play on MB, I'd think it would be a prime candidate for being one of the first ones that they release.

#16 12 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Given the interaction (and great quality) of the DMD with game play on MB, I'd think it would be a prime candidate for being one of the first ones that they release.

Yeah i would like to see that alright. I need to see Gil in his birth green color!

#17 12 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

After that, gets more tricky, SS, TOM, maybe.

This is exactly why they need to release developer tools somehow. Multiple people colorizing multiple titles. Similar to what CPR did with their art team. Then it just comes down to cranking out the hardware fast enough to keep up with demand, which I imagine is going to be HUGE long term.

The dev tools could output specially encoded files that would not work directly in a ColorDMD. Those files would have to be sent to ColorDMD for approval and final encoding into a ColorDMD usable set of instructions. I believe the ColorDMD is supposed to be USB updateable, so the code could just be put in a library on their site for download.

Just some thoughts.

#18 12 years ago

Anybody know if they've considered having a poll to decide what the next game to get the ColorDMD treatment will be?

#19 12 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

RobT said:Given the interaction (and great quality) of the DMD with game play on MB, I'd think it would be a prime candidate for being one of the first ones that they release.
Yeah i would like to see that alright. I need to see Gil in his birth green color!

#20 12 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Anybody know if they've considered having a poll to decide what the next game to get the ColorDMD treatment will be?

Pretty sure there was a thread where someone specifically said they talked the ColorDMD people at the Texas show and the order is AFM, MM, TAF, then ?

#21 12 years ago

I think TZ and TAF should be next IMHO, but I would like to see one for the Shadow and finish off the Brian Eddy pins.

#22 12 years ago

I reckon if these guys making these displays could have a dip switch somewhere so you could install into any machine and select a colour to suit the game would be cool until the colour code is written for a specific game:
Blue for WH20
Green for CFTBL
and so on.

#23 12 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I reckon if these guys making these displays could have a dip switch somewhere so you could install into any machine and select a colour to suit the game would be cool until the colour code is written for a specific game:
Blue for WH20
Green for CFTBL
and so on.

Yes, It's there already.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

12,610 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/color-dmd-wh20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.