(Topic ID: 232813)

Color DMD website down

By shovelhed

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190101_193048 (resized).jpg
    20190101_180916 (resized).jpg
    2019-01-01 16_26_07-Color DMD website down _ All Pinball _ Pinside.com - Internet Explorer (resized).png
    20190101_154322 (resized).jpg
    20190101_161745 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20181224_121732_857 (resized).jpg
    20190101_160916 (resized).jpg
    20190101_160926 (resized).jpg
    20190101_160931 (resized).jpg
    20190101_160935 (resized).jpg
    2019-01-01 12_53_59-FAQ - Internet Explorer (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballManiac40.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

I just got a Color DMD from another pinball i purchased. I am trying to install it in my Addams Family. It's version 1.3. Why do i need a product code??

2019-01-01 12_53_59-FAQ - Internet Explorer (resized).png2019-01-01 12_53_59-FAQ - Internet Explorer (resized).png

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

game on? It is black....

If you moved it from another game, you need to install the latest Sigma ROM or color ROM of whatever game it is you put the display.

You can press the far right menu button to see what the current ROM that is installed.

#11 5 years ago

While you are viewing this screen, best to take a picture of it so you have a copy of the product code in case it gets erased so you can easily enter again, if needed.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

The problem is nothing shows up on the screen.. Its black...

Then you have a major problem. If no LED lights up on the ColorDMD board, then you either do not have power connected or you blew a fuse.

Post some pictures of it connected with the game on. Need to see the driver board as well lit up.

#15 5 years ago

I do not work for ColorDMD but helped out in many threads. Waiting on requested pictures.

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Can i text them to you? Eaiser for me.

It is helpful to post here so it can be helpful to others.

#19 5 years ago

Need to see a picture the big driver board lit up, not the DMD controller board.

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Display driver board is the second pic.

I'm asking about the big Power driver board, not the DMD controller board.

#24 5 years ago

If you have your game on, Done should be lit on the ColorDMD board. It looks to be off in your picture. Is it because your camera flash is on? 20190101_154322 (resized).jpg20190101_154322 (resized).jpg

#26 5 years ago

Did you have you flash turned on? If I have mine turned on, I cannot see the Done LED lit when my cell phone takes a picture.

Is your Done LED lit?

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

I thought it only shows done when you have finished downloading an update. The done is not lit. I was told in order to get this to work, i need to get a new 32 bit product key...

When I turn on my game, there are a few other LEDs flash then the Done LED stays lit. If yours is not doing that, it is suggesting to me that you do not have power getting to the display.

#29 5 years ago

Can you plug power using the connector/wiring at J118 please?
    2019-01-01 16_26_07-Color DMD website down _ All Pinball _ Pinside.com - Internet Explorer (resized).png2019-01-01 16_26_07-Color DMD website down _ All Pinball _ Pinside.com - Internet Explorer (resized).png

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

I just switched it to J118 and it has the same results. Can you download the file i need and email it to me? I tried to download the software but it will not stay solid when i insert it in the dmd board.

ok. If you are seeing some LEDs flash, then you are getting power. That is what I had been trying to determine.

#32 5 years ago

Pinside will not let me PM the file. It has to be the ColorDMD.ROM from this list for the older display. Make sure it is the only color file on your USB drive. Delete any old color files you have on your PC or USB drive depending on where you save the file upon downloading it from their webpage. https://www.colordmd.com/support_firmware_colordmd.html

#35 5 years ago

colordmd(1).rom will definately not work

Right click and rename and remove the (1)

#42 5 years ago

Website is working fine for me at work.

#45 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Website is working fine for me at work.

And still working fine at home using Internet Explorer and Firefox.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballManiac40.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/color-dmd-website-down?tu=PinballManiac40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.