Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pindan3
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I have several games with the color dmd's, I did all the upgrades with no problems EXCEPT Creature from the Black Lagoon. When I did this upgrade, and said yes to Save and exit on the menu the screen just went blank, and still is. It does say the new version is installed. But nothing but a blank screen. I know its the holiday, and I am intouch with Color dmd. They said to check a fuse, but its ok. The screen is on...... I can get into the menu but that's as far as I can go, then it goes blank ...Any ideas??? has this happened to anyone else? Thanks Dan

#2 9 years ago

For the heck of it I would re download the image from the ColorDMD site and reflash the DMD.

#3 9 years ago

Not heard of this issue before myself. Perhaps try downloading the file again (after deleting the original one you downloaded to whatever device you used) (i'm just wondering if the file didn't save properly) and see how it goes from there. I'm pretty sure if you have serious issues that cant be resolved, then the good peeps at ColorDMD will be happy to help you out!

#4 9 years ago

I haven't seen this problem, but...

Have you tried redownloading the software update and reinstalling it?

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

For the heck of it I would re download the image from the ColorDMD site and reflash the DMD.

ANNNDDDDD SNAP

#6 9 years ago

Bend.......^^^

#7 9 years ago

well.....we did try to reload it a few times, maybe a bad thumbdrive??? Like I said...in the menu it says new version installed....and when you push the button to save, it thinks for a few seconds, then the screen is just blank.....I did 7 games....all went well except for Creature. The guy who was here helping me is an IT guy....he seems to think its a hardware or board on the dmd itself that is bad.????

#8 9 years ago

You said you reloaded it, but did you redownload the file first? Not necessarily gonna fix it, but three people recommended it.

I agree that trying a different flash drive is also worth a shot.

#9 9 years ago

Make sure your 14-pin ribbon cable isn't inserted backwards on one side (ColorDMD or WPC board).

#10 9 years ago

ok did all the above.....read the manual from dmd....did all the trouble shooting...I really think the board on the dmd itself has a problem....changed ribbons from other games I have etc etc...etc....

#11 9 years ago

AND.......one final thing, I just hooked up the old (orange) dmd.....it works just fine!

#12 9 years ago

Hi Dan,

Please turn off the power and remove the ColorDMD controller board to see if you can spot a solder bridge across any of the DMD pins. Older ROMs did not use the display enable pin but the new ROMS do. It's possible a bridge on the display enable pin is preventing correct operation.

You can also check the traces leading from the DMD input connector to the pins on the large chip in the middle.

If you can't find a problem, you can also try switching back to an earlier ROM version by changing the two numbers at the end of the download link.

Randy

#13 9 years ago

How about swapping it into another machine just to test it as well?

#14 9 years ago

ok.....I GIVE UP !!!!....Randy, I (Dona) am sending you an e-mail, I need to send it in for repairs.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

€ 24.00
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 45.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/color-dmd-update-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.