You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-573.jpg
image.jpg
#1 10 years ago

when is this going to be available?

I have a star trek LE on the way I want to get a blue dmd but would love to have a sigma that could possibly later be upgraded?

anyone have any info?

#2 10 years ago

I wouldn't be surprised if there was more info given at the expo next week. Hopefully, the first title will be out before the end of the year. But Im just speculating.

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from magnoliarichj:

when is this going to be available?
I have a Star Trek LE on the way I want to get a blue dmd but would love to have a sigma that could possibly later be upgraded?
anyone have any info?

Finally someone who thinks like me.
We can only hope.

#4 10 years ago

there are a lot of "misses" in the pinball game as I see it... a lot of money left on the table....

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from magnoliarichj:

there are a lot of "misses" in the pinball game as I see it... a lot of money left on the table....

They're working on it. I hardly see any misses here.

#6 10 years ago

I ordered a stern blue dmd already. Might be a color dmd coming but I wanted my game blue on day 1, and I doubt Star Trek will be their first colorized title so I'd just be running it in blue mode anyways.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

...and I doubt Star Trek will be their first colorized title ....

Agreed. Why colorize a game whose code is definitely going to be changing.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I ordered a stern blue dmd already. Might be a color dmd coming but I wanted my game blue on day 1, and I doubt Star Trek will be their first colorized title so I'd just be running it in blue mode anyways.

Blue mode LED with a visible grid pattern? Or blue mode on an LCD with no grid pattern, and you get to choose the shade of blue, backlight level, and a choice of classic dots, HD upscaling, or scan lines. Also, if colorization ever happens for that game, it's a free update. You can also swap it to another game and change the color. Both displays are the same price. Hmmm.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Blue mode LED with a visible grid pattern? Or blue mode on an LCD with no grid pattern, and you get to choose the shade of blue, backlight level, and a choice of classic dots, HD upscaling, or scan lines. Also, if colorization ever happens for that game, it's a free update. You can also swap it to another game and change the color. Both displays are the same price. Hmmm.

My thoughts exactly. For the same price, why not get a ColorDMD?

#10 10 years ago

It would seem Color DMD has a prototype, when it will be released, who knows but that's my plain.
Just deal with the red DMD until they release the Stern ColorDMD Sigma, then I can have blue or any other color and when Stern releases finial code,then we can only hope for a color code release but I am sure that will be quite some time down the road.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

They're working on it. I hardly see any misses here.

n ot misses on color dmds end... but rather Stern in general.... why not offer these options from the source... IE upgraded sound on the game, choice of color dmd even if its not RGB color, under cab lighting, choice of color side rails... all of this could be option at the factory to make more money, or have an after production "store" that sells these items directly from the factory.

the esiest example I can think of is Scion and /or ford... you can order a car base then after go right to the dealer Or third party and get parts that are factory authorized in colors combos and performance upgrades.

stern just leaves this all up to third party developers why? makes no sense to me.

also if any one has any idea on how many pins are sold to operators vs. home uses I would love to know..

#12 10 years ago

I started a thread awhile back on this same thing and was shot down on the idea . I totally agree though , you would think for the private market they could customize the pins options like a car .

#13 10 years ago

Oh I see your point now, sorry. Agreed! Actually you ever use the car builder on Mini's website? They've mastered that whole customizing thing. You can spend a lot before you know it tricking out the details. It would complicate the assembly line though.

#14 10 years ago

They obviously will do it at some point

image.jpgimage.jpg image-573.jpgimage-573.jpg
#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Oh I see your point now, sorry. Agreed! Actually you ever use the car builder on Mini's website? They've mastered that whole customizing thing. You can spend a lot before you know it tricking out the details. It would complicate the assembly line though.

tesla is the same way and they don't even have dealerships

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

image.jpg 562 KB

image-573.jpg 341 KB

O ya!

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

image.jpg 562 KB

image-573.jpg 341 KB

When? It looks like there working on it already. I would totally be on the TSPP one!

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from mrobertso2:

When? It looks like there working on it already. I would totally be on the TSPP one!

They posted on Facebook in July.

2 months later
#19 10 years ago

I just bought a color dmd for tron but have not received it yet. For people that have the colordmd for sterns are you using classic dots or are you using the up scaling? Also are there multiple color blues if so which one are using? Thanks, Mike

#20 10 years ago

Up scaling on TSPP in yellow / gold color looks awesome.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Up scaling on TSPP in yellow / gold color looks awesome.

Agreed, I may have to take that plunge

#22 10 years ago

Looks like an extra $49 for colordmd for TSPP? Looks like $19 cable kit is required and $30 replacement bracket is "recommended." Anyone know how easy install is if don't use the "recommended" bracket? Thanks

#23 10 years ago

The replacement bracket is only recommended for use with older displays. All displays shipped since December include the new bracket.

In addition to the wider mounting tabs, the new bracket includes threadserts for mounting the WhiteStar DMD controller board that is normally mounted on the speaker panel for WhiteStar games.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

The replacement bracket is only recommended for use with older displays. All displays shipped since December include the new bracket.
In addition to the wider mounting tabs, the new bracket includes threadserts for mounting the WhiteStar DMD controller board that is normally mounted on the speaker panel for WhiteStar games.

fyi, I've received 15 and still counting confirmation emails since placing an order this morning.....

4 months later
#25 9 years ago

So, I fitted the color dmd to Metallica - easier than I thought.

But, I need the new Sigma software -

http://www.colordmd.com/support_firmware.html#SIGMA%20ROM

Try to download it to put on USB stick but apple and pc don't recocognize it so how on earth do you get it onto a USB??

#26 9 years ago

was easy for me. I think you just copy to .rom file to the root dir of the usb stick.
I think the usb stick needs to be fat32 formatted.

explains it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/color-dmd-sigma-for-stern and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.