“Color DMD or Pinsound for Twilight zone”

• Color DMD, LED 14 votes
    24%
  • Color DMD, LCD 38 votes
    66%
  • Pinsound board 6 votes
    10%

(58 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mystman12.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 3 years ago

Color DMD easily. Twilight Zone already has one of the best sound packages in pinball. Pinsound can improve the mix a bit, but no alternative sound package I've heard comes even close to sounding as good as the original.

I'd go with the LCD simply because you can customize it a lot more and it's high-res enough that you don't really see the pixels unless you get up close, so it looks pretty much the same as a standard DMD (But in color of course!).

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Not sure what you've heard or not heard, but the sound quality of the pinsound mixes far exceeds the original

Well I made a thread about this a while back but higher sound quality doesn't necessarily equal better sound design. Twilight Zone's FM synth music and sounds are incredible even if it's not realistic sounding (Heck, I have some of the game's soundtrack in my music library!), and while the sample quality stinks, that doesn't change the fact that the callouts are still great. I've heard Chris Granner's DCS mix before and while good, I don't enjoy it as much as the original. Obviously that's just my opinion though, so op should definitely give the different Pinsound mixes available a listen before making their decision. If you ask me though, I'd efinitely go Color DMD first, then speaker upgrades, and then Pinsound if still not satisfied.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mystman12.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/color-dmd-or-pinsound-for-twilight-zone?tu=mystman12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.