Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1866 (resized).JPG
IMG_1865 (resized).JPG
IMG_1864 (resized).JPG
IMG_1863 (resized).JPG
#1 5 years ago

Hi there!

I was hoping that somebody could help me out. I just bought and installed a brand new Color DMD for my Tron Pro. Installation was a breeze but on startup all I get is a solid green screen.
Everything on the back is working just fine. Boots up fine (according to the little leds), I was even able to update and upload the firmware. When I hit any of the 4 buttons 'status' light lights up. So pretty much everything works fine, but it's not putting out any signal.
Hitting the button on the right which should put up some sort of message on the display doesn't do anything either.
No mods installed on the 12v.
I did put the old DMD back in and that one works fine. Went through all the troubleshooting faq on colordmd.com and all seems to be working - just absolutely can't get anything so show up on the display.

I apologize if my post is disjointed but it's my first thread and I am really worried I just wasted $400.
Reached out to Color DMD but I figured I could also post here.

Thank you much!

IMG_1863 (resized).JPGIMG_1863 (resized).JPGIMG_1864 (resized).JPGIMG_1864 (resized).JPGIMG_1865 (resized).JPGIMG_1865 (resized).JPGIMG_1866 (resized).JPGIMG_1866 (resized).JPG
#2 5 years ago

Colordmd has great customer support and post here often. Please reach out to them for help, you could have a defective lcd. Make sure all your connections are correct and no loose connections. Make sure you follow the online instructions too. There are also a few YouTube how to videos on this as well

#3 5 years ago

Thank you! I did check all connections and watched a whole lot of how to videos. Followed the included manual (which is great and very detailed) to a T. I emailed color dmd so hopefully they will get back to me.

#4 5 years ago

Did you try reversing the ribbon cable?

#5 5 years ago

I did - no success unfortunately. Got an email from Randy though - he suggested trying to reverse the connection between controller board and screen. Will try that.

#6 5 years ago

Don't know if this is in your case. But I down loaded to a thumb drive on a color dmd for getaway. When I down loaded and popped up file name I put my getaway didn't work. Had to redo. Didn't add anything to file name reloaded and worked fine. Just a mention.

#7 5 years ago

Had a similar issue on my ColorDMD for GB... it's the cable between the LCD driver board and the LCD which will need to be played around with (reversed, pressed, taped...etc.)

#8 5 years ago

Thank you! Though I can't get a picture to show at all. Can't get to bring up the DMD menu etc. Randy had me do some messing around with the cable between the boards. To no success unfortunately.
Anyway - he sent out a replacement display and cable

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Trade
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/color-dmd-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.