Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Zitt
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CD63C04C-D4E8-4BF5-8FB8-DC5C9A94EC5A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1942 (resized).JPG
    #1 6 years ago

Hi all
    Not sure if this is the right forum for this but I just turned on my guns n roses machine with color DMD and it now has a vertical green line.
    Anyone seen one of these before and if so, is it fixable?
    Thanks in advance

IMG_1942 (resized).JPGIMG_1942 (resized).JPG

#2 6 years ago

If you press the right menu button, does the green line still show?

#3 6 years ago

hum; looks like a bad line in the LCD to me.
    This would be the first time I've heard of any such issue; but with technology - this does happen.
    I'd contact colorDMD's tech support to see what they say.

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

If you press the right menu button, does the green line still show?

Yes it does show during all the menus

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from allsportdvd:

Yes it does show during all the menus

Then definitely contact ColorDMD. Hadn't ever seen this on a LCD before. If it did not show in the menu, then you may had an issue with a ribbon cable.

#6 6 years ago

I would try reseating the LVDS cable that goes directly into the LCD. If that doesn't work Randy can solve it. That 1-pixel wide line is smaller than a DMD dot so very unlikely it's a game issue.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I would try reseating the LVDS cable that goes directly into the LCD. If that doesn't work Randy can solve it. That 1-pixel wide line is smaller than a DMD dot so very unlikely it's a game issue.

This first - Cable reseating

#8 6 years ago

refund time

#9 6 years ago

There is the question of how old is the display, though. Can't expect ColorDMD to replace every display ever when something goes wrong. I'm sure Randy will try to help, but it's unrealistic to expect a company to replace their product in perpetuity.

#10 6 years ago

It was bought not long after the Guns n Roses software was released but I have contacted Randy and waiting on a response. In the meantime I'll try reseating cables

#11 6 years ago

Okay an FYI this issue is not fixable and a screen failure is not covered under warranty.
    Randy tells me this isn't common though

#12 6 years ago

How much does a new screen run?

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from allsportdvd:

Okay an FYI this issue is not fixable and a screen failure is not covered under warranty.
    Randy tells me this isn't common though

A screen failure isn’t covered under warranty? That’s not cool.

EDIT -> Wow. Your post just prompted me to check out their warranty. It appears as though only the driver board is covered and only for 60 days, after which they charge you $100 to fix it.

That has to be one of the worst warranties I’ve ever seen.

“We’re only going to warranty part of the product and after 60 days, we’ll charge you to fix it”.

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

A screen failure isn’t covered under warranty? That’s not cool.
    EDIT -> Wow. Your post just prompted me to check out their warranty. It appears as though only the driver board is covered and only for 60 days, after which they charge you $100 to fix it.
    That has to be one of the worst warranties I’ve ever seen.
    “We’re only going to warranty part of the product and after 60 days, we’ll charge you to fix it”.

Have you seen Sterns warranty?

60 days on boards and 9 months on dmds. And that’s from when it was shipped to the distributor!!!
    CD63C04C-D4E8-4BF5-8FB8-DC5C9A94EC5A (resized).jpegCD63C04C-D4E8-4BF5-8FB8-DC5C9A94EC5A (resized).jpeg

#15 6 years ago

GnR firmware was released almost 2 years ago. I think they will point you in the right direction for a new LCD (pretty sure they are plentiful and cheap)

#16 6 years ago

I'm in no way bagging Randy here, his help has been brilliant, I have 7 color DMD and have never had a screen fail nor seen another.

#17 6 years ago

Lucky - great minds think alike.
    Great post!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/color-dmd-line-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.