(Topic ID: 178649)

Color DMD in a Gottlieb System 3 .... Sure Can!!

By BillPinball

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by FlipnFargo
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20170429-092418 (resized).png
screenshot.171 (resized).jpg
screenshot.170 (resized).jpg
power cable (resized).jpg
Mean Well RD-65A (resized).jpg
spade connectors (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ScottyC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 7 years ago

Good info! Nice to know there's yet another option ...I dont know much about ColorDMD, but can you change the color to something other than green?

EDIT: answered my own question: single-color (SIGMA) and multicolor. The single-color mode can be used with any game and supports 49 different color hues that can be selected through the integrated menu system.

3 months later
#12 6 years ago

Well I'll add another Gottlieb Super Mario Bros with a ColorDMD. BillPinball what are you settings set at? I played around with it quite a bit and the only way I could get the Castle (destroy or xtra bl) to show up and Mario at the end of a game (basically the darker colors) was to have it set for
Mount: WPC95
Contrast 1 or 2
Scanline/Highres

screenshot.170 (resized).jpgscreenshot.170 (resized).jpg

screenshot.171 (resized).jpgscreenshot.171 (resized).jpg

#13 6 years ago

Well I've played with the settings for several hours, tried several ribbon cables to see if that had any affect on performance. As of right now about 30% of the time the animations show up properly with no shades missing, but the other 70% are incorrect. There are random blips of pixels that show up all randomly as well from time to time. OP had them in his vid as well. I think this is as good as it gets in the current 3.3 Firmware, which IMO isn't all that bad. It's not perfect by any means, but the ability to have a select-a-color screen if pretty slick. Plan on integrating the the Rock Custom interactive undercab light kit as well with this DMD

Screenshot_20170429-092418 (resized).pngScreenshot_20170429-092418 (resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 68.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ScottyC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/color-dmd-in-a-gottlieb-system-3-sure-can?tu=ScottyC and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.