pasted_image (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 7.59.58 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 7.36.04 AM (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
E6672D00-F8E8-4F14-BF13-076DB25B7ACA (resized).jpeg
color-dmd-hint (resized).png
6E458CAD-033B-42CB-BBE3-2DB6641BB514 (resized).jpeg
5BC2F07C-81D8-44D1-8B4D-F2C80A19D81B.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thundergod76.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4065 2 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I remember watching Stern’s video on the making of KISS. It seems the assets were completed digitally, then converted to dots from a 3-D computer image. I’m not sure there’s any “real” footage, no matter how life-like it appears.

Not sure why theyd do this. Theres so much video footage to choose from. I do recognize some crowd footage from some home released DVDs though. No offense to WOF owners but why theyd waste their time coloring dots for that title is beyond me.

10 months later
#4428 1 year ago

Must be KISS
Shopify_BW_MoneyBag_Tee_1024x1024 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#4455 1 year ago

What mode do you guys have your KISS set on? The numbers and text look great on HiRes but the animations dont look so great. I switched it to dots XL for now.

1 month later
#4487 1 year ago

I'm starting to wonder if KISS will ever get colorized. Maybe its too difficult and they just don't wanna bother?

1 month later
#4513 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

True...I've switched through several colors on my Sigma in the meantime...the machine is so vibrant to start with...I think the colored display will look like it belonged from the start ( as many of them do)..

Hey Mark! Do you have the LCD or LED? I have the LCD and not 100% sure I'm sold on it. I wish it was brighter, especially with the blues. I do love the fact its recessed in the panel so I have zero reflection on the playfield.

1 month later
#4531 1 year ago

It just looks like they're celebrating their 100th title. I've about given up hope on KISS anytime soon.

#4570 1 year ago

It would be nice if they just said that KISS is in the works with no release date. The secrecy in this hobby is really annoying at times.

3 weeks later
#4650 1 year ago

I'm sure its any other title But KISS.

#4656 1 year ago
Quoted from EightBallTexas:

Hi All,
I am buying my first Color DMD for GOT and in the cart it talks about the metal installation kit. Do I need this kit? The only mod I have in that area will be dougs lighted speakers.
Thanks for the help.

Yes you need this kit. If you're buying the LCD make sure you also buy the foam gasket. Makes a Huge improvement.

#4660 1 year ago

The foam gasket is optional for LCD displays only. You do not need it for LED displays. The LCD panels sit back farther away from the front panel. The gasket fills that gap. It creates a nice seal and prevents dust from getting on the inside of the clear shield. Its highly recommended if you have speaker lights. Without the gasket you'll see the light from your speaker lights on the edges of the display.

1 week later
#4675 1 year ago
Quoted from RobF:

Yay, my turn for a left-field KISS guess;
- Engima is a song by William *Kiss*
- The image is an atomic diagram of the 23rd element, Vanadium. Vanadium is described as a *soft metal*...
Maybe?
Please?

This is the most optimistic I've felt for KISS yet!

1 month later
#4724 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

It must be next..... right?

Doubtful. Ive just about given up on that title.

#4733 1 year ago

You can tell what costumes they're wearing. There are tons of photos and tourbooks to reference colors and stages. What little concert footage Stern used Ive seen in video releases. All concert crowds look the same. Just get the costume colors and makeup correct. Everything else can just be improvised. I just don't get it. I think ColorDMD is enjoying the hype we're creating around their product and want to ride it out as long as possible. It's a fantastic mod-it doesnt need more hype.

4 months later
#4819 8 months ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Is KISS ever going to happen?

Nope!!! Not sure why I still follow this thread.

3 months later
#4852 4 months ago

Holy [email protected]#t!! Could it be KISS!!!? Or is it Taxi?

#4858 4 months ago

Hmmm maybe it's both? Has color DMD ever done 2 titles at once?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thundergod76.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside