CCC4C131-2F30-4BF2-9BEE-569B32098D9C (resized).jpeg
6B369A0B-83D4-465D-B1E9-45E9C42AC611 (resized).jpeg
09177252-89B6-4998-A1E8-979F6A9153C0 (resized).jpeg
20200426_124722 - Copy (resized).jpg
20200426_124802 - Copy (resized).jpg
20200426_131522 - Copy (resized).jpg
95CA7F01-71E2-414C-A673-62F4DA8FFBA7.jpeg
2B9DFEFF-CB61-4E50-894D-CBF498288786.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snakesnsparklers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#232 7 years ago

It's probably Twister.

Quoted from OldSchoolBlood:

Here is Paxton in Terminator 1. Maybe T2 or T3...

T1

6 months later
#1118 7 years ago

I still don't understand why T2 hasn't been done yet? Williams sold a huge amount of them and there are very few animations and they are simple compared to more modern games. Seems like an easy way title to profit from.

1 week later
#1190 7 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I really liked these hints when they first started dropping them. Now it has run it's course for me. Everyone just tries to find a way to make it fit the game they are waiting for, myself included. Just give me a list and expected date of release.

Well aren't you fun!

So the clue shows some blue boxes on as assembly line. BOP has blue in it and was also built on an assembly line. Colored display segments for the animations in the alphanumeric displays.

#1221 7 years ago

Avatar was correct. This one was pretty easy as of the second and third clues IMO. Looks like this will be a nice one, very complicated and it was 3 years in the making!

#1226 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Hah. Misreading for the win. Wrath of Olympus is three years in the making -- not Avatar ColorDMD.

Thanks for clarifying

1 week later
#1240 7 years ago

I bought a Met and I think Randy subconsciously planted the idea in my head that a Met without color was doing it a disservice. That bastard.

1 month later
#1326 7 years ago

Ratchet?
Guardians of the Galaxy?

That's all I'm gettin out of this clue. If it was referring to Arnold holding the minigun, why say "I am groot?"

2 weeks later
#1463 7 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Yes it does look good! Definitely going to buy. It had an option on their site for speaker shields and standoff screws. Totally optional or do I need those? First colordmd for me...

If you have the newer metal style backbox then you need the standoffs and clear shield.

4 months later
#1960 6 years ago

Nice work taxman! Any video preview of T2 available yet?

#1966 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I did not put the video together. But it does have the big stuff. Video Mode, Chase, Hunter Killer are the big ones. The different security doors, locks, multipliers are similar so you don't need to show too much of that. This being an early implementation it certainly was not chock full of animation, but as with any of the colorized games it is so much nicer to see than the blobs of orange dots.
I am glad he included the T1000 prying open the door for shoot again since it was the only "liquid metal" reference included anywhere in the game.

That animation was also not in the original game program and was added later after the movie release. The big surprise to T2 was that Arnold was the good guy and the cop was the bad terminator. The studio did not want that twist revealed in any way prior to the movie release.

7 months later
#2886 6 years ago
Quoted from resipsa:

Do code updates typically break the DMD color code (until they have a chance to correct)? With KISS supposed to be getting one more update soon, I'm kind of surprised to see it looking like the next release.

I would think not, but at the very least any new animations would not be colorized.

2 weeks later
#2942 6 years ago

Alright they're finally getting the large format displays going. What are there, 4 of them? Once one is done expect the others in the not too distant future. The ColorDMD might be more expensive as it will require a larger LCD screen (17" vs the standard 15")

#2945 6 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Would the company add a different size LCD screen simply to do four games?

Based on the clue posted above, yes. It's impossible to use their existing LCD size on these games.

#2947 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Very possible it will be just LED version. But we will see.

Ahh good point I forgot about the LEDs. Either way it will need new larger hardware than previous games.

4 weeks later
#3040 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

As much as I want it to be GB I think it's Mustang. The washing machine looks vaguely like a mustang rim and there are 64 points in the shapes. 64 being the first year mustangs (not model year but calendar year) and the ramps on the machine being made for 1/64 scale models

Wow - nice thinking and I think you may be right.

4 weeks later
#3189 6 years ago

Never thought I'd say this but Doink looks great

doink (resized).pngdoink (resized).png

1 week later
#3197 6 years ago

I am guessing MSF will be next. Now that they have the hardware in place for the large Sega games, Frankentein, Maverick and Batman Forever have nothing holding them back except the artists getting to work.

#3205 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Baywatch had a pre-release display but has not been announced officially for release yet.

Ahh I thought Baywatch was announced already. Baywatch it is. Monster (boobs)

1 month later
#3334 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Yeah!! New clue for a new release.

Is that Daisy Ridley? Star Wars Trilogy?

#3339 5 years ago

In that case I am going with NBA Fastbreak. Get Out is such a great movie, and I don't want to spoil it, but it seems like the closest one related to that movie. Maybe Jack-Bot but I don't think it has as much of a connection.

2 weeks later
#3387 5 years ago

12V

2 weeks later
#3394 5 years ago

Data = Data East game

So is it LAH, Maverick or LW3?

#3425 5 years ago

LAH confirmed, nice. Has some good dots to colorize.

2 weeks later
#3502 5 years ago
Quoted from Beebl:

I wonder if im on a different mailing list...mine had a typo as game 67...

lol just a typo, I received it as well. Game 67 and "Size Does Matter!" was from Godzilla.

1 month later
#3534 5 years ago
Quoted from Beebl:

Damn you all..7 new posts i thought we had a new clue!

You didn't catch that clue?

1 month later
#3798 5 years ago

Congrats to all owners of Whodundiddit

1 year later
#4558 3 years ago

Impressive! I'm surprised they required they original display ROM to be installed, I'm sure it was for copyright reasons though. They are certainly capable of including on on-board flash chip that stores the display info for all 5 games on it that could be selected as needed.

1 year later
#4989 2 years ago

If it's anything other than KISS this is just a horrible joke to play on KISS owners!

1 week later
#5062 2 years ago

What is he licking up

7 months later
#5097 1 year ago

A rumor has to start somewhere, why not here? I heard that Stern NFL may be colorized soon.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snakesnsparklers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/color-dmd-hint?tu=snakesnsparklers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.