CCC4C131-2F30-4BF2-9BEE-569B32098D9C (resized).jpeg
6B369A0B-83D4-465D-B1E9-45E9C42AC611 (resized).jpeg
09177252-89B6-4998-A1E8-979F6A9153C0 (resized).jpeg
20200426_124722 - Copy (resized).jpg
20200426_124802 - Copy (resized).jpg
20200426_131522 - Copy (resized).jpg
95CA7F01-71E2-414C-A673-62F4DA8FFBA7.jpeg
2B9DFEFF-CB61-4E50-894D-CBF498288786.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sinestro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1730 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Wow, amazing that you nailed it.
Thats me , 28 years ago....time flies fast
Why wasnt I buying machines back then?
The water tank drowning scene. That was a long day with 3 set ups.

What's Donner like to work with?

#1733 6 years ago

Always liked Donner. His commentary along with Mank's on the Superman DVD is my favorite.

He has been directing TV forever. He actually directed a few episodes of Gilligan's Island!

1 month later
#1761 6 years ago

It's been as quiet as a ghost town.

Ghostbusters!

3 weeks later
#1866 6 years ago

Power button.....Power....."Don't shut it off!"

Ghostbusters. Confirmed.

#1906 6 years ago

Power button.....Power.....don't shut it off!

Don't hurt yourself....don't cross the streams!

Ghostbusters confirmed.

#1921 6 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Or Last Action Hero - isn't there a Red Eye mode? Based on Tywin Lannister's bad guy character?

So....movie/video.....LAH...check

Don't get hurt.....Good guys can't be hurt in the movie....LAH....check

Red eye.....bad guy from LAH...Check

Last Action Hero. Confirmed.

#1969 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

That animation was also not in the original game program and was added later after the movie release. The big surprise to T2 was that Arnold was the good guy and the cop was the bad terminator. The studio did not want that twist revealed in any way prior to the movie release.

Eh. I think Ritchie and Dwight knew, they just didn't have access to the T-1000 assets until late. Both of them traveled to Digital Domain early on and were briefed on the movie.

I've owned this game before with "Profanity ROM" which was a beta of the eventual 1.0 release....and the T-1000 was in it.

3 weeks later
#1985 6 years ago

Clearly it's Ghostbusters. If you drink too much Coors and settle your stomach with Pepto......I can guarantee you some pink slime is going to come out of you.

1 week later
#2066 6 years ago

Ghostbusters.

The security guard says that World of the Physic is one of his two favorite shows, the other Bassmaster.

Also Venkman doesn't iron his shirts, he hangs them outside to freshen up.

#2068 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Ghostbusters code isnt done, its not likely to be released already , especially since that means it'd need updated later.

Code has been updated before on games that have already been colorized.

Metallica comes to mind. There are others. You never know when it's finished.

Also, you're taking my guess way to literally. I always say Ghostbusters, just like some people always say Star Trek. We think we're funny.

#2086 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Avengers and Metallica only come to mind. Avengers was off the Stern production line when that code hit so no one was expecting it to be updated.

Spider-Man Vault.

#2134 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Enh, that's not really fair - the code in SM Vault is the same as SM - just with new art. So it was "done".

Oh, it's fair.

#2187 6 years ago

The cartoon (not the Real Ghostbusters, but the other one) had an episode called "Dynamite Dinosaurs".

http://filmationghostbusters.wikia.com/wiki/Dynamite_Dinosaurs

Ghostbusters confirmed.

#2195 6 years ago

The Ghostbusters were arrested and thrown in the "Slammer".

Ghostbusters confirmed.

2 weeks later
#2266 6 years ago

Bear is white.

Winston has seen shit that will turn you white.

Ghostbusters confirmed!

#2299 6 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Indy 500, referring to the post above mine.
Sorry dude Stern Indy doesn't deserve color.

Sorry dude, all games deserve to be colored.

4 weeks later
#2408 6 years ago

Puzzle is just one last piece away from being finished.

Ghostbusters was the last DMD.

Ghostbusters confirmed.

2 weeks later
#2479 6 years ago

Only 8 Williams titles left. They've been on a roll with Williams lately.

Odds that those 8 will be cleared out before anything else is released?

#2482 6 years ago

It will be a significant milestone to close out the Bally/Williams titles. Something to be proud of.

That does leave an awful lot of Data East/Sega/Stern titles to keep them going for years.

I also have to think that they have ideas for something else down the road....a new revenue generator for existing customers....some kind of newer display that will make people want to upgrade. I'd be shocked if they haven't kicked some ideas around for how to stay in business after everything is colorized.

#2498 6 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Doubt it, they are sooner likely to colorize Orbitor than they are Who Dunnit.

They are drawn by a variety of contributors, many whom colorize games personal to them. It's clear Bally/Williams is the favorite. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the final 8 are completed within a year.

#2499 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Well those HD displays would be a good way to go but then someone would have to completly redraw everything wouldn't they.

ColorDMD would definitely have to license the ROMS for that, then re-draw the dots at a higher bit rate. Same as MMR.

This could be one of the options they are considering for the future.

#2505 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

For original themes, would they? A LOT of Bally/Williams art for playfields, backglasses, etc was never registered.

You don't have to register something in order to have a copyright. It just makes it easier to prove.

#2628 6 years ago

LED is how the technology would have looked had the DMD screen evolved.

#2665 6 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Oh boo hoo! Get in line.
There are other more deserving games that we've been waiting for longer than GB has even been out.

Actually, there are NO games more deserving than Ghostbusters.

#2667 6 years ago

Right. If you put on your pinball blinders and choose to ignore the many other games awaiting ColorDMD firmware that have actual finished code; equally good or better dots; are more fun to play; and have been around longer than GB.

Just ran through them again.

Answer: None.

Thank you very much! I'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip your waitress.

#2670 6 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Wrong.
Everyone would agree that Star Trek was in higher need because it was stated that we'd see color dots in 2015...
GB wasn't even a prototype on the drawing board in 2015.
You opinion / comedy act is not funny.

Hey dippy, we're talking post Star Trek's release.

Your lack of understanding is not funny.

#2672 6 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Rather than pitching a fit... why don't you color a game.
You seem to have some sense of entitlement so wanted to be clear that you "fake horror" that Ghostbusters (your baby) doesn't yet have color dots rubs me... and others the wrong way. Why don't you wait 3 years like the rest of us.
I don't have a dog in that race... I'm out of games for ColorDMD to color - unless they move to 128x16.
I'm happy ColorDMD is working on GB... but it doesn't deserve any priority over any other games. The color Dot authors set the priority.

I'm not pitching a fit. I'm just chimed to agree with other GB owners that we'd like to be next.

You read FAR too much into my post, and somehow thought it was at Star Trek's expense, which it wasn't. I like Star Trek, and I'm glad it has finally been colored.

3 months later
#2959 6 years ago

This looks promising for half-height Color DMD'd down the road.

1 week later
#2981 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

you would think that this would be an easy one. I'm currently re-doing all of the graphics for a pinsider here that re-themed his RS as a No Doubt machine and I'm heading into the home stretch after only about a month's worth of part-time effort
from this:

to this:

Gwen on a stick?

#2989 6 years ago

Halls of Steel = Carnegie Hall = New York Philharmonic = Dana Barrett who played Cello.

**** GHOSTBUSTERS CONFIRMED ****

#2996 6 years ago

No, because he walked 500 miles, and he would walk 500 more......thats a thousand.

Not Indy 500.

1 week later
#3023 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I can't think of a way to "spin" this into Ghostbusters.....

The machine is white, like the ghost logo. The storage facility is a machine that works by horizontally inserting a payload, similar to this side loaded washer/dryer. The end result is a trap that's "clean" just like the clothes.

****Ghostbusters confirmed****

#3042 6 years ago

Uh...sure. Then explain the first clue as it relates to GB.

I already did.

#3105 6 years ago

If we've learned one thing from Stern lately....we can't really declare a game's code finished.

3 weeks later
#3165 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

To me her face looks to be Linda Hamilton so my guess would be T2. With out the sunglasses it would be a dead giveaway that's why the put them on.

T2 has already been colorized.

2 weeks later
#3222 5 years ago

Of course it's Ghostbusters, because I just sold mine.

****GHOSTBUSTERS CONFIRMED****

#3232 5 years ago

Wonder if it's both Shrek and Family guy? Like they has both Spider-Mans ready at the same time.

#3235 5 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Family Guy was colorized a couple of years ago.

D'oh!

1 month later
#3323 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I was thinking this too, but LCD is SO much better than LED that I'm gonna bite the bullet and make the modifications to fit the LCD. It's not like SST is an $8K highly collectible game, but it does have awesome animations that I would prefer to see in the better format.

I think it's a matter of opinion. If one is sticking with the dots, I think the LED's look better, brighter.

#3326 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Brighter, definitely. Better? Uh, no.

If you're just wanting dots, and it's not a SAM or SPIKE game with many shades, why is the LED worse?

2 weeks later
#3341 5 years ago

She was in Peter Pan Live! on NBC.

****HOOK CONFIRMED****

#3362 5 years ago

Christoper Walken played Hook in Peter Pan Live! He was in Clint Eastwood's Jersey Boys movie.

****HOOK CONFIRMED****

#3369 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Wont happen until they announce small DMD support.

You're taking me way too literally.

1 month later
#3419 5 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

Laughed Actor Hero

Least Action Hero
Last Action Zero.
Last Arnold Movie.

We used all three the summer of '93.

#3421 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Haters gonna hate.
Yeah it was a disaster... but what a glorious disaster it was!

I was and am a huge Arnold fan. That movie, minus a few funny lines, was a disaster.

Fortunately, he redeemed himself the next summer with True Lies.

#3426 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Are we forgetten "Kindergarten Cop" & "Jingle all the Way" ?
They all cant be winners.

Kindergarten Cop is pretty damn funny!

#3435 5 years ago
Quoted from xbloodgreenx:

Still love the movie, I don't get the hate.

Execution and tone. I expected more from the guy who directed Die Hard.

1 week later
#3479 5 years ago
Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
2 months later
#3568 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Austin Powers has quite a few tricky transitions where things (like fat bastard) can appear in front of all sorts of other displays. It would be a pretty complicated title to do. And then you and one other guy would buy it.

They all have to be colored eventually!

#3571 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Bingo! ColorDMD, please do them all, even the obscure less loved DMD games. Even if a game has some video content like KISS that it might turn out not to be possible to color, at least color the parts that can be done. Anything in color is better than nothing.

Video content never stopped them before.

#3574 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I believe with the video content in the ones they colored previously, they actually were able to obtain the videos from movies and use that to do coloring. In KISS, I don't know if the footage is available or easy to find. Possibly, Randy would need to make another coloring tool to make it happen?

I think it was all done with computer animation, then transferred to dots. I remember seeing that process in Stern's making of video for KISS.

In either event, like custom dots, they'll have to decide what colors to use.

3 weeks later
#3726 5 years ago

River of Slime should be pink!

1 week later
#3768 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Who Dunnit is a Bally tho, killing the Williams hint, and certainly isn’t rainbow colored, being pretty much a plain black cab.

Who Dunnit is from Williams, released with the Bally name.

#3769 5 years ago

Bally Manufacturing sold their Pinball division to Williams in 1988. Williams was allowed to use the Bally name on pinball games they released, as part of the deal.

It seems Williams alternated labeling their games "Bally" and "Williams" fairly evenly after that point.

#3771 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Yeah. That way it didn't seem like it was just one company saturating the market. Though I'm not sure why that would be an important detail. But that's pretty much exactly what they did. Just alternate the branding.

I think the Bally name had quite a bit of value to players. Williams was wise to get that in the deal.

Bally Manufacturing had a history of spinning off separate companies with the Bally name (Bally Fitness, anyone?), so it didn't seem to be an issue with them.

Ironically, Williams and Bally Technologies (Manufacturing) were both bought earlier this decade by Scientific Games, and exist only as labels on SG machines.

#3775 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

You don't say??
I know y'all are holding out for WD? and hey, I love that game too, but if the hint IS "Williams" and the game is BRANDED Bally, then THAT is a poor hint.

I was just relaying some history. Don't have a WD nor care when it gets colorized.

#3785 5 years ago

Not me - my Bally games are "Bally" games.

If they are EATPM or later....they are Williams. Bally was just a label slapped on them.

1 month later
#3881 5 years ago

"More dots than you can shake a stick at!"

Batman Forever.

Riddler1 (resized).jpgRiddler1 (resized).jpgRiddler2 (resized).jpgRiddler2 (resized).jpgRiddler3 (resized).jpgRiddler3 (resized).jpgRiddler4 (resized).jpgRiddler4 (resized).jpg
#3884 5 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

No one is guessing Maverick?

Nah. Those clues would have Rockford Files hints.

#3888 5 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Dumb question but why are these so high in today's age? TVs are cheaper then ever before, 400 bucks for a tiny lcd seems pricey. I keep buying them of course (just picked up an LED for my Safe Cracker) but could get them for all of my pins if they weren't 400.

It's time consuming to color the games. Plus they have to eat.

1 month later
1 month later
#3974 5 years ago

Data East was started in 1986.

Data East had the first DMD with Checkpoint.

Checkpoint has a half-height DMD, which hasn’t been done before. “First of its kind” for both the industry, and ColorDMD.

Checkpoint, confirmed.

1 month later
#4064 4 years ago

I remember watching Stern’s video on the making of KISS. It seems the assets were completed digitally, then converted to dots from a 3-D computer image. I’m not sure there’s any “real” footage, no matter how life-like it appears.

#4068 4 years ago

Wow. I did not see the point up changing your display since it was red from the factory.
Renew your excitement by changing it to yellow/gold-ish.

XL dots, title mode, 8-bit mode, HD mode....lots of reasons.

#4080 4 years ago

If ColorDMD's were created based on quality of dots (as well as gameplay), Mustang would have been done LONG AGO!
I got tired of seeing countless lesser quality games getting new ColorDMD's year after year and ended up selling my Mustang.
Good luck!
SIGH

There is a community of designers that contribute to ColorDMD, and they pick the titles they want to do.

It's not based on sales of the pin, perceived quality of the dots, or your 10 ten list.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sinestro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/color-dmd-hint?tu=sinestro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.