pasted_image (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 7.59.58 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 7.36.04 AM (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
E6672D00-F8E8-4F14-BF13-076DB25B7ACA (resized).jpeg
color-dmd-hint (resized).png
6E458CAD-033B-42CB-BBE3-2DB6641BB514 (resized).jpeg
5BC2F07C-81D8-44D1-8B4D-F2C80A19D81B.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmaniac40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

554 posts in this topic match your search for posts by pinballmaniac40. You are on page 1 of 3.
#315 5 years ago

You realize it has been recently colorized?

#318 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

You realize it has been recently colorized?

Quoted from TheLaw:

I believe he does

I hope he does.

#325 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

He was busting my chops because I may have whined about potc relentlessly until the day it was released

I will be doing the same until color is released for Pinball Magic. Who can blame me for that?

1 week later
#345 5 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Famous pairs? Siblings? Again, this is too on the nose to be DESW.
Any ideas about how this relates to clue #1?

Aren't they twins?

#346 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Does anyone else think some of the colorizing on PotC is kind of...weird? It's the first one I've seen where I say "that's not right" on some of the sequences. Like the Kraken with green tentacles with blue highlights? Looks totally wrong. Same issue with the Kraken where it explodes - green/blue tentacles and bright pinky purple blood? No. The light blue lines would have been better in a darker green or black. As it is now, it looks weird in both those sequences. Also, the Skull with the headband is kind of a mess, especially on the one where its looking down a little.
Like I said, I've got a few ColorDMDs, and I lust after many more, but this is the first one where I wasn't totally onboard with the color choices.

The person who colorized it thought if he colorized it properly to the movies, it would be a lot of boring brown in most of the frames. I wouldn't have minded that actually.

#349 5 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Yes! Both clues are about twins - good job!
Maybe they're releasing the "twin" games Family Guy and Shrek?

A double release would be sweet.

#358 5 years ago

Another clue
Twinball_(resized).png

#372 5 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Original SM. Black and red SM are both twins of each extreme, going against each other like Mario and Luigi.

Sounds like a very reasonable guess to me! SM it is.

#378 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Damn....have to buy another one....appears this one has newer engine? wonder if this should have been used in TRON, as I had an older Sigma in mine? Does anyone know if IM is the new version, as well?

No no. you just need to update your flash memory

Quoted from Dmod:

Due to the extensive video sequences, Spider-Man requires an updated Rev 1.3B ColorDMD controller board. The Rev 1.3B board has been shipped with new displays produced during 2016, and contains a 64Mbit flash memory versus the 32Mbit memory used on previous boards. Unfortunately, earlier ColorDMD controllers fitted with the smaller memory will not work with the Spider-Man color ROM.

#379 5 years ago

It is stated in the Spiderman ColorDMD release thread.

Quoted from Dmod:

If you have someone locally who can replace a surface mount IC, it's an easy replacement and will be more cost effective than replacing a controller board. The IC that needs to be replaced is U3 near the AUX connector. The new part number is
Cypress S25FL164K0XMFI011
These parts are available from sources like Digi-Key (http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/cypress-semiconductor-corp/S25FL164K0XMFI011/1274-1097-ND/4457674)
Rob Anthony (Borygard) has indicated he is able to provide this service to customers who need to upgrade a board. Please contact him for pricing.

#382 5 years ago

Holy Crap!! SMVE also released. Wow!! These games are getting pounded out this year.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-game-41-along-came-another-spider

#388 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Was this done when I downloaded TRON in color, or another update?

Larger flash memory required for SM, as mentioned by Randy throughout the SM color ROM release thread. Though, look at the date code on the ColorDMD board to see if it was built in 2016. If so, you should be good.

Quoted from Dmod:

Due to the extensive video sequences, Spider-Man requires an updated Rev 1.3B ColorDMD controller board. The Rev 1.3B board has been shipped with new displays produced during 2016, and contains a 64Mbit flash memory versus the 32Mbit memory used on previous boards. Unfortunately, earlier ColorDMD controllers fitted with the smaller memory will not work with the Spider-Man color ROM.

Quoted from Dmod:

If you have someone locally who can replace a surface mount IC, it's an easy replacement and will be more cost effective than replacing a controller board. The IC that needs to be replaced is U3 near the AUX connector. The new part number is
Cypress S25FL164K0XMFI011
These parts are available from sources like Digi-Key (http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/cypress-semiconductor-corp/S25FL164K0XMFI011/1274-1097-ND/4457674)
Rob Anthony (Borygard) has indicated he is able to provide this service to customers who need to upgrade a board. Please contact him for pricing.

#389 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Was this done when I downloaded TRON in color, or another update?

Look at your board for the date code to see if the physical flash memory part needs to be replaced on your board.

#391 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Or the "Rev 1.3B" stamped on it.

That will be easier to look for. Thanks!

2 weeks later
#393 5 years ago

Clue for the next game. I was wondering just today when the next one would be.game_42_(resized).png

#404 5 years ago

Must be referring to Ali. I'll go with Champion Pub.

#406 5 years ago

clue 2 is up

clue_2_(resized).png

#409 5 years ago

I believe BBB will not be it since Capcom Sigma support is not out.
Batman Forever with the large DMD also not yet announced to be supported.

#417 5 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

The story of Batman could be considered an "American legend." The new Color LCD's would have to be used.

Which I would still expect Sigma support with the new LCD to come out before any large DMD game is colorized.

#421 5 years ago

Already has been done. Just waiting for the LED display kit to be released so they can be ordered. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-previews-new-led-displays

#433 5 years ago

Sorry guys. There should not had been a mouse cursor in the screenshot that I took using the free Greenshot program. LOL MY BAD!! Now back to speculating about the Stern Playboy release. clue_2_(resized).png

#438 5 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Well now I have no idea! The cursor was the key!!

Sorry to burst that bubble. I happen to look back on FB and noticed there was not cursor.
I hope you didn't lose any sleep over it.

#439 5 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Well now I have no idea! The cursor was the key!!

Quoted from InfiniteLives:

who was the 42nd playmate? maybe some movie she was in has a tie in to a pin? i dunno

Sound good. How about some investigation, Grinder901?

#449 5 years ago
Quoted from Suicyco:

Can't speak for others, but I certainly would buy a CC ColorDMD.

I think they are saving the best for last!!
The way things were going, I thought LW3 was going to get colorized before TZ.

#450 5 years ago

Well...Stern just dropped v1.70 game code for Metallica. Looks like someone has some ColorDMD updates to do!!

#472 5 years ago

Ok. Eric, another fantastic release of another title that is not even in your collection.
Since you're up to that type of challenge, I have Indy500 and Stern Indiana Jones with a Sigma display waiting on them to be colorized. You have been challenged. Giddy up!! LOL

#475 5 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Well the fact that you are considering/considered it, means a lot.
Does the source matter? Couldn't you just chose colors as you see fit for the video parts?

I vote for Elvis having green hair in the dancing video clip.

2 weeks later
#496 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Next release isn't one of mine

How soon you think the next release will be?

#503 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

No idear, I just work here.

Quoted from Grinder901:

There is a clue here. Idear. Deer. BBH!!!

No!! It was just a typing error because he was up too late colorizing DOTS for Slugfest!!

#505 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Oh please. Like that would require staying up late.

haha. Are you done with it yet?

#507 5 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

They've been releasing new titles about every two weeks, which means another should be coming along shortly. But I suspect they'll wait on this next one, so they can make an announcement at ReplayFX next week.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-previews-new-led-displays/page/3#post-3253739
Well, hopefully we will be seeing the LED display shortly as Randy stated on #post 137.

#509 5 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

They showed off the CV LED display at the Texas show a few months ago

I was there and I liked the results.

Quoted from TopMoose:

it looks like ReplayFX might be the official release!

I'm ready to spend more money. Giddy up! R&B with a light blue Sigma display will look great.

#510 5 years ago

This one may not be too much of a hint. What else could it be other than RCT ?Roller_coaster.jpg_(resized).png

#520 5 years ago

That was an EPIC release.

#527 5 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

If you do a google image search for "twisted rollercoaster" this image pops up though. Does color DMD support Sega titles?

Yes. Apollo 13 was recently colorized.
http://shop.colordmd.com/

I had installed a Sigma display in Twister and displayed it at TPF 2015.

#531 5 years ago

Next game clue. I'll have to go with CV on this one since the LED displays are due about this time to ship.2016-07-29_07_05_26-(96)_ColorDMD_Pinball_Displays_?-_Microsoft_Edge_(resized).png

#536 5 years ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

It's got to be hurricane!

Don't jinx it. I'm ready for the LED display to hit the market since I have a CV coming to the house soon.

#537 5 years ago

haha. I like to see a scene from TWD with a circus tent in it. Post one up!

#539 5 years ago

Try again.

#541 5 years ago

Hard to say. I'm sure that will be covered in the announcement.

#542 5 years ago

DCFAN, I don't see anything in your collection that would require a LED display.
Gilligan's Island, Black Rose, Party Zone, Rocky and Bullwinkle, Starship Troopers, Sega Star Wars...these come to mind that would need a LED display.

#545 5 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

None of my games "require" one, but i prefer the way it looks compared to the LCD.
Im looking forward to its release!

Do you have any LCD ColorDMD's?

#546 5 years ago

I am a big fan of the HiRes setting. I will live with an LED in my games that the LCD will not fit in just so I can have a color display.

#547 5 years ago

I look forward to putting a LED display in Slugfest (hope the depth will not be an issue), Black Rose and Rocky and Bullwinkle and a CV once I get my hands on a game.

#550 5 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Sega showcase backbox

The physical size of the LCD is too tall to fit. The LED display coming out will be able to fit so you will only have colored DOTS once those particular games are colorized.

#552 5 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

This can't be done with the showcase?

Nope. The DMD barely fits height-wise.

#553 5 years ago

DMD sits very far forward in the Sega showcase machines.Sega_DMD_showcase_(resized).png

#563 5 years ago

Ok. Hint #2 from earlier today. Would be a fantastic debut having 2 releases at once.
Can you say R-G-B ?

RGB_(resized).png

#565 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Dumb question alert. Will the Color DMD LED still be compatible with the catalogue of existing games?

They will be, but may not be right out of the gate. We'll see what is announced about that soon enough. I'm betting it will be Monday.

#568 5 years ago

Here it comes!! I see the store is changing for the LED displays!!

#570 5 years ago

I AM drooling here ................

#575 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

So do i understand correctly....LED can NOT do hires or scan modes?

That is correct. Dots only (DOTSXL also will not be supported) since the LED DMD is a matrix of single RGB LEDs.

#581 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Then yes, a no brainer for me....I love scan mode, so I'll stick w the current offering......

I'll be sticking with LCD displays as long as the games I want color for will fit without much hassle of hardware modification. I love the HiRes setting.

I have no choice with Black Rose, Slugfest and Rocky and Bullwinkle to go with the LED because of height issues. But that is ok since the games will get color.

#582 5 years ago

If you only care about colored DOTS, then LED is the way to go.

#589 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Come color dmd ! Slugfest would look great, American flag , red white & blue !!!

oh you want some of this do ya?Slugfest_1_(resized).pngSlugfest_2_(resized).pngSlugfest_4_(resized).pngSlugfest_3_(resized).png

#592 5 years ago

T3 clue was the 3 RGB tees or tees x 3 Get it?

#593 5 years ago

smokin_(resized).jpg

#595 5 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Wow. I did not.

Posted half way up this page. I copied it from their FB page.

1 week later
#614 5 years ago

I.think this one will be Family Guy

#622 5 years ago

Exactly what I was looking for, xfassa

#706 5 years ago

There will be a chance if Sigma gets released for Gottlieb games.

1 week later
#746 5 years ago

Only a week has passed since SW color ROM was announced. Already looking forward to a new hint.

#757 5 years ago

There are many modes in SW not even shown in that video. I hope a video preview gets posted, which normally shows many different animations that you may not even see during a fast game.

#761 5 years ago

I can't believe Indy 500, Stern IJ and Corvette haven't been colorized yet.
Disclaimer: I have these games.

#763 5 years ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

I'm still trying to wedge a ColorDMD in Dungeons and Dragons..

I would like to put one in Bad Cats!!

1 week later
#769 5 years ago

Hoping for some new hints for the next release.

1 week later
#781 5 years ago

Whatever it is, I am glad another game is getting color, even if it is a game I do not have.

#784 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Cheers to that! It's better pinball colorized.

Even if it is, dare I say, LW3.

#785 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Even if it is, dare I say, LW3.

Or even Congo.

#787 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Cactus canyon... It is a cactus flower.
But...that is probably too simple knowing the history of the clues for other games.

Plain and simple meaning the original CC and not CCC?

#793 5 years ago

Usually he does post one hint per day or 12 hours as we had seen recently.
Even though I don't care for CC, I'm ready to hear which title this will be so I can look forward to the next one.

#796 5 years ago

Could it be possible that we get a double feature this week?
CC and R&B

#798 5 years ago

Waiting on a 2nd hint or just an announcement of the next colored game. Nothing new yet!

#808 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Congrats CC owners!!!...now, can we please get FGY out so I can stop whining?

Amen!!

3 weeks later
#813 5 years ago

Anyone find a Family Guy with a ColorDMD installed at Pinball Expo? Since so many people do not like to look at links posted on the threads, here it is. congo (resized).jpg

#818 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

You could end up needing one of the newer ColorDMD with the upgraded processor made in 2016 anyway.

Only needed in Spiderman.

#822 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Either way I'm not getting that old one back. I think.

Are you a LED DMD person? Or you do like the HiRes settings?

#824 5 years ago

If you only care about colored dots, then it would be wise to save some money to get the LED ColorDMD.

#827 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The LED one doesn't have hi res adjustments?

No. Dots only.

#833 5 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

I'm only interested in dots, so it's Color LED's for my Ghostbusters when if is released.
They simply "pop" better.

Sigma LED display works in it now! You can choose any of the 96 shades of color. The lime green and white both look good in this game, as I'm sure a few other colors do too.

#835 5 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

When is T2 coming out?

I would hope before T3.

#838 5 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

T3 already done. Came out with Voltaire on LED platform...

Right!! Forgot that.

#840 5 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

Have they given up on STLE? Wasn't that supposed to be completed last year?

Never was confirmed to even been started on.

#843 5 years ago

I just went to website and I can't even buy Congo if I owned a Congo. But I do need a couple LCD panels. LED dots only belong in my Gilligan's and Black Rose....waiting.

Buy a Sigma display with the correct power adapter cable. All displays ship with the Sigma preloaded. They are just using the name of the games to gauge how much interest there is in each title when you add it to the cart/purchase.

#845 5 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

It does? It's out of beta?

Spike Sigma is still in beta. It works well, just needs some fine tuning. if you're only looking up occasionally, you may not even notice anything wrong.

#846 5 years ago

LCD Sigma for Spike is downloadable from the support page. I hope to try the LED Sigma for Gottieb soon.

LED Sigma is working pretty well for Capcom games, but I don't have a Spike game to try with the LED display.

#855 5 years ago

High demand for ColorDMDs!!

2 weeks later
#861 4 years ago

Yeah, all 5 Pinsiders who have been wanting this, finally can get it.

#864 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I will be ordering one as soon as the new models are available/in stock.

LCD ?

#867 4 years ago

Not with another game code release still lingering.

#870 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Is there really another code drop coming for ST?

Lyman identified some issues with the code during tournament play. I can imagine that will turn into at least a bug fix release.

#872 4 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

There are a LOT of bugs in ST ... I'm sure some of them will eventually be fixed, and maybe a spit and polish to the rules and code generally. But it's 18 months since the last release, and supposedly there will be a final release for AC/DC too ... but that's been 2 and a half years now.
So who knows when it might actually happen. Could be 5 years.

Which is why I don't see anyone wanting to touch ST nor TWD to colorize until after another game code is released. Just my opinion.

#875 4 years ago
Quoted from Beebl:

I thought TWD code was finished, no?

Shout if you think it is.

#884 4 years ago

We got one! A hint that is.
Jsut because (resized).png

#899 4 years ago

Clue 2
clue1 (resized).png

#900 4 years ago

I use Greenshot for taking screenshots.

#914 4 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

I would be so excited my head would explode if it really is Star Trek!!!!!!

Think you better hope for a Stern game code update first. Same with TWD, GB, and KISS.

#916 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

The second clue is clearly "meathead".... very similar to metal... It's Metallica.

Metallica also has been done.

#924 4 years ago

I need full color for this one. Sigma loaded and waiting. PM2 (resized).png

#927 4 years ago

Which also has been done already.

#928 4 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

Next clue is Urkel from Family Matters.
Hmm, they all have "family" in the title.

family (resized).png

#930 4 years ago

They all have "Family" in the title and all three clues are guys. So Family Guy it is. Let's hope it is this time.

#941 4 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

only logical conclusion is Al's Garage Band.

Don't tease the people like me who actually have the pin.

#949 4 years ago

Popeye had 3 excited people get a color release.

#952 4 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I'm still trying to figure out who #3 was.

haha. You will like this. I bought a couple of LED displays and I will demo one in a friend's Popeye for the Houston Arcade Expo this weekend. Being he has the game for sale, I figured it would help the game to sell faster. Other one is going into JM.

#954 4 years ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

Color makes every game better!

Color makes any game worth more, even LW3.

#955 4 years ago

Hope today is the day for the reveal of #49.

1 week later
#988 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I've done too much whining for TZ and now FGY, so out of respect for others, I ban myself from guessing for at least 3 pages..

Today is your day. Play on...in color.

#989 4 years ago

If I was Game 50..What would I be??

Stern IJ or Indy 500.

#996 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Yes, it is loaded, yes it is awesome!!! Thank you ColorDMD team!!! Ipecac looks pretty authentic...I'm enjoying it in Hires mode Stewie Lives!!!...

What took you so long?? I'd figured you would had taken the day off work.

#1002 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Will ColorDMD be having a Holiday sale?

There hasn't been any past history of any sale. Buy it Now!! Oops. wrong trademark.

#1004 4 years ago

Got color? Just installed my new LED ColorDMD. Can't say my scores will be improving with color.
POTC (resized).jpg

#1007 4 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-aargh-game-36-be-ere
Post #34 is where the colorist talks about the colors he choose.

#1009 4 years ago

Oh, don't shoot the messenger.

#1028 4 years ago

I seem to recall at least one of the movies having bats. There is even shoot the bats mode in the game. Sigma locked and loaded. Please!!! I need color!! Sigma Stern IJ (resized).png

#1032 4 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

If it's TWD, i'm speculating it'll be Chroma only, opening up ST for imminent release too.

Personally, I don't see this release being TWD.

I'm curious. Why would you think that the TWD would only be available with the Chroma board? Family Guy was just released and there is firmware to run it on the original LCD ColorDMD as well as the new Chroma board.

#1054 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

nah, pretty much every game ends up looking amazing with colorDMD.
Have they done NBAFB yet. Was playing one last night and realized it has some great animations.

The answer is no.
http://shop.colordmd.com/displays/

A friend of mine had his NBAFB at TPF2015 with a Sigma LCD installed set on HiRes. Did you get to play it?

#1060 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Color DMD hints = BEST marketing / advertising in the history of Pinball... I get excited about every one ! Great job Randy - now dammit it's been 3 hours - what's the 3rd clue ?

Clues normally are only one per day and reveal on the 4th day.

#1074 4 years ago

Wow. Clue 3 came up on FB earlier than expected. Guess the reveal may be tomorrow.Clue 3 game 50 (resized).png

#1088 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

So, are you the color artist for BSD? I see you have one.

I don't see how it is Taxman. He did a mic drop after the Popeye release.

#1095 4 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

why would color DMD produce the rom for this title if owners can't use it with the original red covered panel

Because even if the colorist was the only one willing to change the speaker panel insert to have color, it is worth it to get released. The hardware is the same for all other B/W games that get colorized.

#1098 4 years ago

Gnatty, There was other option that was discussed as well

Quoted from epthegeek:

another person posted that you could get the red tint off without killing the artwork with some kind of solvent, but I don't remember what that was.

Quoted from dmbjunky:

The solvent was just paint thinner. He did make sure to mask the artwork around the window and took special care not to take off the artwork. It might be worth it to save a few bucks.

#1104 4 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

There are people working on their own to get very special installs done on games like Pinball Magic even though Capcom is not supported.

Yeah!! Spot on! Giddy up!! It works good enough for me right now.

PM2 (resized).png

#1105 4 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Like it has been said above the mission is to get them all done.

Anything to get rid of those pesky 15+ year orange displays.

#1145 4 years ago

Looking forward to the Dracula color video preview. Make it so.

#1158 4 years ago

BSD has been released. Now it seems we are ready for some new hints.

#1209 4 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

It took me about 15 seconds. I saw the clue and thought "why a photo of Aurich?" Then I realized, duh, it's his... Avatar! So is Aurich the colorist on this one or did they just pick a familiar face?
Congrats in advance, Avatar owners!

Then how does Avator fit in with the first and second clues?

#1230 4 years ago

Avatar video preview looks really good. I hope Randy can squeeze in another before the end of the year. 2016 has been a great year for ColorDMD releases.

#1234 4 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

I'm about to buy my first Colour DMD but can't decide on LCD or LED. The machines it will go into are TZ, CFTBL or STTNG.
Can anyone advise?

100% personal preference

#1236 4 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

I'm about to buy my first Colour DMD but can't decide on LCD or LED. The machines it will go into are TZ, CFTBL or STTNG.
Can anyone advise?

Technically, the same power adapter will also work with Scared Stiff, though the connector to get the power from will be different than TZ, CFTBL or STTNG.

I'm sure that helps your decision. haha

#1238 4 years ago

I hope Randy has another release coming before the end of an amazing year for ColorDMD.

#1241 4 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

I prefer the LCD because of the high rez mode

Same here.

#1243 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

He's not wrong. Metallica without a Colordmd is a damn crime.

Correction....any game without a ColorDMD is a crime and is boring!!

#1245 4 years ago

Colordmd at my house arcade get played the most and by guests. Black and white TV went out of style in the 70's. For instance, Gilligan's Island changed from B and W to color in season 3, see how much better it was??..Wink Wink...Randy..catching my drift..Ill loan you the machine if you need it.!

BUT Black Rose never been in color and never been anything other than orange. Time to bring true color to Black Rose, Queen of the high seas!!

#1249 4 years ago

I want see everything get colored.

Can't get any better than that!!

#1250 4 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I want to see a Gottlieb colored!

Get on that, will ya?

#1269 4 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

My mistake - I thought it had one of those rounded "showcase" translites like Space Jam or Starship Troopers. My understanding is that there's a low support strut that gets in the way of ColorDMD's screens.

But now there are the LED displays that should fit fine in those games.

2 weeks later
#1273 4 years ago

We are officially at one month since Avatar was announced as the latest to get color. Wow. I sure am needing a color fix again. Hoping for some new hints this week.

#1290 4 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Pinball magic's code is done... lets get some Capcom lovin!

Installed Sigma and waiting as well.
PM2 (resized).png

1 week later
#1312 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Harley Davidson. Looks like single wheel tracks to me!

or No Fear?

#1320 4 years ago

game 52 (resized).png

#1321 4 years ago

Got it. T2
Clue one...motorcycle donuts
Clue two...symbolizes Arnold holding the gun?
T2 (resized).png

#1325 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

It really is surprising T2 has not been done by now.

That and Slugfest.

#1329 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

As cool as it would be to put a color DMD in my T2, as you said, there are 5 whole dmd animations. Who could spend all that money for 5 animations to be colored? Kind of a waste honestly. My JP would be much better with a color DMD.

Honestly, I don't see why anyone would put one in LW3 when it gets colorized, but there will be some. More power to them is what I say.

#1331 4 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Ratchet?
Guardians of the Galaxy?
That's all I'm gettin out of this clue. If it was referring to Arnold holding the minigun, why say "I am groot?"

Key is the "?". Since when have all the hints been directly related to the game?

1 week later
#1421 4 years ago

I don't think the pictures are the clues. I'm going with the countdown he highlights. 3...2...1... Must be Indianapolis 500!!
Sigma Indy 500 (resized).png

1 week later
#1486 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Safecracker would have to be LED only, due to space.

That will not be a bad thing at all. At least it would be colorized.

#1496 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Will ColorDMD officially support Gottlieb? If so, Stargate would be an AWESOME candidate.

Once there is an official Gottlieb Sigma kit, that will be your sign.

#1501 4 years ago

Sigma with light blue color looks good in T2.

#1505 4 years ago

Randy, I believe everyone is ready for a new set of hints for the next release.

#1508 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Man. Dropping a bomb like TWD doesn't even buy a guy a week?

It was an epic bomb!! I don't own the game, so I can't help but crave the next release already. A week seems like a month when you're waiting to see what the next one is.

A good fellow Pinsider, 15 mins away from me, has TWD pro so I need to get over there soon since he has the LED display installed. Looking forward to seeing this in action.

#1509 4 years ago

Sorry!! What can I say...I'm addicted to color.

#1513 4 years ago

If only I had room for a Mustang.

#1532 4 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

A new clue is up!

Thank you. Can I have another?

2 weeks later
#1582 4 years ago
Quoted from LoveNeverDiesGuy:

Dirty Harry please, but take your time. I'm ready when you are.
Decided to get one if these durring the tear down and fix.

Nice. Show us what color you picked for the Sigma display.