CCC4C131-2F30-4BF2-9BEE-569B32098D9C (resized).jpeg
6B369A0B-83D4-465D-B1E9-45E9C42AC611 (resized).jpeg
09177252-89B6-4998-A1E8-979F6A9153C0 (resized).jpeg
20200426_124722 - Copy (resized).jpg
20200426_124802 - Copy (resized).jpg
20200426_131522 - Copy (resized).jpg
95CA7F01-71E2-414C-A673-62F4DA8FFBA7.jpeg
2B9DFEFF-CB61-4E50-894D-CBF498288786.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheeks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1482 7 years ago

Is there any possibility of putting the LCD version in a Safe Cracker, or only the LED display?

Hoping it's getting full color some day soon either way.

#1494 7 years ago

Will ColorDMD officially support Gottlieb? If so, Stargate would be an AWESOME candidate.

#1499 7 years ago
Quoted from gac:

As much as I like the idea of color for my T2, I just don't see that much in terms of graphics that would be colorized as there just isnt that much there. Am I wrong about this?

There aren't that many graphics, but I'd still put a ColorDMD in T2. I'm tempted to put a Sigma in just to get rid of the red dots (I'm using a red filter).

#1527 7 years ago

Ooh, as much as I want Star Trek, Starship Troopers would be fantastic. Lots of cool dots in that game. We all know ST is going to happen at some point, so getting something unexpected like SST would be killer.

It's probably Austin Power though, ColorDMD apparently vowed a while back to not do any more of my games.

1 month later
#1699 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

based on that clue, I am going for star wars. Looks like the saranac (sp?)

Dude, that is just plain wrong.

1 month later
#1789 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I think heard that the SPIKE setting also works with Gottlieb games but also has the minor flickering just like SPIKE and Capcom games. To me, that is a small price to pay to get rid of the boring orange. I have been trying to get some time to test out a LED Sigma in Al's Garage Band. I'll make it a point to do this on my 10 day vacation that started today. I have a Stargate, but I haven't had the nerve yet to remove the red film off the speaker panel insert. Al's has a clear speaker panel insert so I'm good there.

I meant to say I wanted my full DMD collection in color.

Please report back on this, I have a Stargate that I would LOVE to put one in, even if only Sigma for now.

#1794 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Are you thinking about going with LED or LCD? I have a spare LED display right now that I would be able to test with.

I'd go with whatever they support, but in general I buy the LCD except in cases where I have to go LED (CV, Safecracker). I like the alternate pixel modes.

2 weeks later
#1962 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

» YouTube video

Looks great, can't wait to install mine later this week.

As much as I have been wanting this one, I have to laugh at the promo video. Were you able to show all of the animations T2 has to offer in that 1 minute video?

#1965 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I did not put the video together. But it does have the big stuff. Video Mode, Chase, Hunter Killer are the big ones. The different security doors, locks, multipliers are similar so you don't need to show too much of that. This being an early implementation it certainly was not chock full of animation, but as with any of the colorized games it is so much nicer to see than the blobs of orange dots.
I am glad he included the T1000 prying open the door for shoot again since it was the only "liquid metal" reference included anywhere in the game.

It's probably the lowest payoff color game given how few animations there are and the apparent technical difficulties you had completing it. Never-the-less, I will gladly be installing a ColorDMD in my game later this week. In fact, I was playing a game right across the row from T2 last night and thought, "I should play T2 next." Then I thought about how the game will be transforming from orange (really red since I have a gel filter) to color later this week and decided I just could bare to look at Arnie in orange/red any more.

3 months later
#2557 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Starship Troopers? That would be brilliant!

SERIOUSLY DOUBT this is it, but Damn would that be cool! Star Trek would be Rad too. The only ones I have left.

#2607 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Yeah i need to decide if lcd or led. I think i like the lcd better on most titles. Ill wait for some footage before I pull the trigger

The only cases I would ever use the LED over LCD is when the LCD doesn't fit.

#2674 6 years ago

Haas anyone installed Star Trek yet? I just did and it's completely jacked up! When I start a mode, it shows the initial animations up until where it shows the mode name (i.e. Space Jump) and then it freezes here until some non-mode event occurs (2x completed at the rollover lanes, earn a medal, start multiball, etc.). None of the mode animations show. In only one mode was there anything other than the mode title and that was Prime Directive, and those screens had colors all over the place and were even more broken.

In essence, the display is currently useless. Everything worked fine in Sigma mode for the last couple years before the new ROM install.

Any thoughts?

2 months later
#2792 6 years ago

Personal preference (obviously), but the ONLY reason I consider LED is when LCD doesn't fit (for me CV and Safecracker). I think there are a few games that look better with one of the smoothing options, and nearly everything else looks better in DotsXL.

2 months later
#3127 6 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Ha! +10 for the Silicon Valley reference!

This is exactly what I was going to quote. Hilarious!

Better question, does ColorDMD's superiority to MMr/AFMr technology have to do with your use of Middle-Out technology?

2 months later
#3322 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

thanks for confirmation yall.
sounds like this one is LED for me.

I was thinking this too, but LCD is SO much better than LED that I'm gonna bite the bullet and make the modifications to fit the LCD. It's not like SST is an $8K highly collectible game, but it does have awesome animations that I would prefer to see in the better format.

5 months later
#3778 5 years ago

I have an LCD ColorDMD in AFM and it is not working. It was flickering a bit for about a week and now it's just out completely. I've tried re-seating the connectors to no avail. Anything else I can try?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheeks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/color-dmd-hint?tu=cheeks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.