CCC4C131-2F30-4BF2-9BEE-569B32098D9C (resized).jpeg
6B369A0B-83D4-465D-B1E9-45E9C42AC611 (resized).jpeg
09177252-89B6-4998-A1E8-979F6A9153C0 (resized).jpeg
20200426_124722 - Copy (resized).jpg
20200426_124802 - Copy (resized).jpg
20200426_131522 - Copy (resized).jpg
95CA7F01-71E2-414C-A673-62F4DA8FFBA7.jpeg
2B9DFEFF-CB61-4E50-894D-CBF498288786.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheddar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2548 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

There's spike "support" - you can put a sigma display in a spike game. There are no games colored yet for Spike, but only because they're not done yet, not because they couldn't be.

yep I have pink dots with a CDMD in my GB

#2550 6 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Correct...sort of, but you'll need to buy the cables you need to install it from a 3rd party vendor.

I made an adapter. It was 2 wires and 2 connectors. Took 5 minutes

2 months later
#2722 6 years ago

That's the orpheum in NYC. That's all I'm saying

#2748 6 years ago

This first game was Bobby Orr Power Play and the second was Pinball Pool. Does the PP mean anything?

#2770 6 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

I don't own any color DMD, but definitely would get rid of that Red Dot matrix on Ghostbusters!

I have one in my gb it looks great. I have it set to pink "slime" dots

1 month later
#2867 6 years ago

I am past guessing on this. I am still bitter about the obvious GB clue!

1 month later
#3038 6 years ago

As much as I want it to be GB I think it's Mustang. The washing machine looks vaguely like a mustang rim and there are 64 points in the shapes. 64 being the first year mustangs (not model year but calendar year) and the ramps on the machine being made for 1/64 scale models

2 months later
#3332 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Yeah!! New clue for a new release.

OH Shit I am getting excited "Get out" from Amityville horror, a ghost movie!

#3358 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

And when I get home, I'ma bitch slap my Ghostbusters just because.

What if the question is "Who you gonna call?"

#3361 5 years ago

and 2 facebook names are matched to pinside handles

1 month later
#3452 5 years ago

Unless it's a disgusting blob reference I don't think it can be GB

#3469 5 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

I like your thinking. First clue was clearly Oola, so....

I tried, I really tried.

I even tried taking jabba initials JH + O kinda looks like ghost...

I want it so bad!

2 months later
#3640 5 years ago

wow I am ready as soon as the rom drops!

#3652 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I’m looking at my first colourdmd purchase, what’s the main reason the lcd seems to popular? From the last couple of posts alone everyone is buying lcd over led.
Could a few of you guys with plenty of colourdmds chime in and give me an idea which way to go, I’m not really interested in the hi res where it merges the dots together, I like my dots to look like dots. thanks in advance.

The LED will fit easier in GB and newer sterns but the dot's tend to be brighter (almost too bright) and don't have the extensive options of the LCD. Some of the dot patterns on the LCD can really change the way the image renders and in some cases render it almost like animation rather than dots.

Just my .02

#3667 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Have a question regarding using a ColorDMD (LCD) that I purchased for a Williams game over a year ago (Shadow) and would now like to use in Ghostbusters. Is the only extra item I need to purchase the 12V backbox power adapter?
http://shop.colordmd.com/spike-12v-backbox-power-adapter-cable/
Do I also need to purchase the 12v/5v Power Tap from either Mezel Mods or Pinball Life? ColorDMD is the option I take it that I need to select on the page if I need it?
https://mezelmods.com/collections/power-adapters/products/12v-power-tap-spike-system?variant=31545908936
Is this the correct cable if ordering from Pinball Life?
https://www.pinballlife.com/spike-12-volt-backbox-power-adapter-cable.html
Sorry for so many questions, lol. Thank you.

You also need the clear plastic screen to replace the red one and the standoffs

#3674 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Thank you, didn't know that. Do you know which power adapter I would need? I see several of them and just want to be sure I order the correct one. The ColorDMD I have is around a year and a half old and originally purchased for a Williams game.

Sorry I don't I made my own connector. Takes about 3 minutes if you have the parts

#3677 5 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

where did you connect to?

I don't have the machine open and I can't get to it but it's the little board next to the next to the power supply. In this pic it has the red lights on it. https://funwithbonus.com/wp-content/uploads/GarySternBackbox.jpg

I'll grab some pics in a couple hours.

#3683 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The "hi-res" smoothing mode looks like crap, IMO. Dots XL is where it's at, but I don't know of any comparison videos.

Except on Judge Dredd. Made the dmd look like animated video

#3685 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Haven't seen that one in the smudge mode. All the ones I've seen/tried it on look worse, so I always go with DOTSXL.

On LotR and BSD I think DOTSXL is the way to go. It definitely is on a machine by machine basis

#3712 5 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Does anyone know if Ghostbusters will require a Chroma version? I have had a ColorDMD in my GB for a few years but it is an older version (non-Chroma). Hoping that I don't need to replace the ColorDMD.
Thanks
Ed

This will help:
TL;DR; Chroma is easier

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-game-80-is-ghostbusters#post-4637012

#3724 5 years ago

I'm impressed, GB looks awesome with color dots. Downloaded and installed without issue.

1 week later
#3748 5 years ago

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's kiss for 2 reasons:

1. Paul Williams (in the pic with Kermit) wrote the song "We've only just begun" that was in the movie Detroit Rock City
2. "We've only just begun" and the second clue tie in to GB which was at the top of the list of titles they had a really hard time colorizing. Kiss being another one

The last ColorDMD post was not a clue. So point 2 may not make sense but #1 still applies

#3793 5 years ago

Next clue hasn't been posted here yet but he is a Butler so definitely a Who Dunnit!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheddar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/color-dmd-hint?tu=cheddar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.