Topic Stats

• 4,140 posts
  • 398 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by vireland
  • Topic is favorited by 89 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 457 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

groovy-baby (resized).jpg
2019-05-20 10_31_43-(4) Facebook - Internet Explorer (resized).png
PIC_0601 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2019-04-24 at 8.55.47 PM (resized).png
3829AC67-15D5-46D8-BAE4-053F187755B9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190414_194311882 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190414_194317834 (resized).jpg
4E4A8628-AD99-4CC9-9306-F09742ED3056 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1555118764835 (resized).jpg
nascar (resized).jpg
2019-04-08 05_19_15-Facebook - Internet Explorer (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 6.40.38 PM (resized).png
6E9603AF-BEDD-4085-8637-C087C52712EE (resized).jpeg
2cii6a (resized).jpg
2019-03-28 12_02_55-ColorDMD Pinball Displays - Posts - Internet Explorer (resized).png
2019-03-08 16_41_05-Color DMD Hints _ Announcements _ Pinside.com - Internet Explorer (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Taxman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#47 3 years ago

I have one installed and waiting. The video looks great.

4 weeks later
#128 3 years ago

Al Bundy call them that also.

Anyone remember Married With Children?

(but I think the expression started from the Popeye cartoon)

popeye-guns-loaded_(resized).png

2 months later
#231 3 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Could it be Alien? Would they colorize a game that hasn't been released yet?

If they made Full Throttle in color with LCD why would they not be doing the same for Alien.

#236 3 years ago
Quoted from fathom:

Is there any data on how long the ColorDMD will last? I was looking at a Baywatch and it has out-gassing issues. I'm worried about getting any more, have one on Met and don't remember any regular DMDs going bad that quickly.

Why are you doing this in this thread also. You started a thread already where you were told COlorDMD does not support Bay Watch. Whatever piece of hardware you have is not a ColorDMD and LCDs don't "out gass".

2 weeks later
#331 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

yup, I refuse to buy any more colorDMDs till Congo gets its color done (and done well)

I don't like Congo so I need to counter your boycott. I am going to continue buying ColorDMDs "until" they put out Congo.

#333 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am not worried. Congo is coming and we both know that we are both going to eventually buy them to install in basically every game, lol.

I said I was going to continue until they put out Congo, but I didn't say I was going to stop afterwards.

I think I am at 14 and I need a couple of more. I had to pull one out of AC/DC to test POTC. And once you see it in color there is no going back.

#335 2 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Say, Taxman, are you working on one right now? You don't have to give a title (but I see you own a Junk Yard).

I have a lot of games that are not setup. I own 41 games with 22 setup in the house and 3 in the Sanctum. Junk Yard is one of the many games I have bought and never setup since I bought it (am I suppose to say that in the confession thread?). I used to own one, felt bad that I sold it so when one came up for sale last year I grabbed it but no room to set it up. But I have thought about it. There are a lot of real nice clean animations in the title that would look good great color. If Randy contacted me and said he wanted me to do it I would make room and do it.

I've done stranger things. Did you know the reason I "bought" Popeye was just because I wanted to color it? (another confession)

1 week later
#377 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Damn....have to buy another one....appears this one has newer engine? wonder if this should have been used in TRON, as I had an older Sigma in mine? Does anyone know if IM is the new version, as well?

Newer engine?

#381 2 years ago

Now the twin hint makes sense. #40 Spiderman and #41 Spiderman VE in one day. Very cool.

3 weeks later
#408 2 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Time for another new release! Here's the first clue:
Ideas:
- It's ColorDMD's 42nd release, so there's that.
- 42 refers to Jackie Robinson, so maybe Batman Forever (Robin/Robinson?)
- Maybe Last Action Hero (Jackie/Jack Slater)?
- I think Big Hurt is the only baseball-related pin in need of a ColorDMD
- 42 is "24" backwards.
Any other ideas?

42 is also the answer to Life the Universe and Everything. That's from Hitchhiker's Guide to the galaxy that had Milliways the restaurant at the end of the Universe also known as the Big Bang Bar!

The author Douglas Adams lived in a house and clue number 2 is one.

#413 2 years ago

Never mind

#428 2 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

An anagram of "MANSION" is "SINAMON" pronounced the same as "cinnamon," which comes from Madagascar, which is in Africa. Congo.

I think the mansion looks more like a vacation spot so maybe it is Vacation America !!!!

#468 2 years ago

When the Dark Knight version of the comic came out it was "Legend of the Dark Knight".

Yes, Wayne Manor is a mansion.

Congrats Eric on the release and to all those who own the game.

#474 2 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Someday, Grinder.
I'll root for Elvis if you help me root for Junk Yard.

Junk Yard would be cool. But one of the color guys has to have access to one and there don't seem to be a lot of them.

#480 2 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

... says the DMD colorist who owns a Junk Yard.

You caught that

I'm a one hit wonder riding off the Popeye fame. Nowhere the the machines these guys are pumping out games.

Besides, I bought my JY with issues and have not had time of energy to setup or fix yet but the thought has crossed my mind

#484 2 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Nothing but jet black will do!!

Difficult to do black hair on a DMD. If the background is not lit you can't color it for contrast.

1 month later
#642 2 years ago

Just saw the latest hints. I'm glad to see BBH is finally getting some recognition.

#644 2 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

TWD, ST, GoT people. Why are tired oldies getting done first?

For starters the code should be finished before it is colored. We just saw new code for Met come out so who knows.

Also, the person coloring the game has to want to do it and have easy access to it.

Then with the newer games it is best to own the LE or premium and have someone who can test it on a pro.

Also, the oldies are great.

#651 2 years ago

I get it

Cassius Clay
Sargent Slaughter
Phillie Petit

It CSI but with a P instead!!!

#655 2 years ago

I just posted my guess to Facebook

Boxing - Soldier - Daredevil (BSD) for Bram Stoker's Dracula

#658 2 years ago

Randy posted on FB that is was the right direction but not the answer.

BSD is a plausible guess and focusing on professions a step in the right direction... but unfortunately not the title this time.

So I posted - Boxing - Acting - Tightrope (BAT) Batman

#659 2 years ago

Could be Championship Pub

1) Boxing (speed bag in game)
2) movie with barroom brawl (fists in game)
3) Tightrope walker like (jump rope in game)

#672 2 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

I figured it out... But since I did a title for Colordmd it would be inappropriate to guess... Look at the last clue.... It's a give away for the game! Not sure how someone hasn't figured out title based on last clue alone!

I did [do?] work for ColorDMD also. But when Randy had a contest once before I asked him if it was alright to guess and he was cool with it. If I have an idea of what it is from inside information I make misleading or just ridiculous guesses. But I have no idea this time as you can tell since I did get it wrong.

#677 2 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Getaway: High Speed 2
Steve McQueen was in The Great Escape = GETAWAY
Tightrope walker = HIGH up
Ali = Terrifying SPEED or speedbag
Movie = Jackie Gleason is holding out TWO fingers

You'd be right! (If it wasn't done last year)

#694 2 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

Not that dead of a giveaway

OK, I get the "dead" hints now - "Lethal Weapon 3" (that will sell less than Popeye)

#713 2 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

WWE, lol......They'll sell what like 5?

No, they are not going to sell more ColorDMDs for a game than the number of the games for that title sold.

#739 2 years ago

1 month later
#800 2 years ago

I'd say that hint makes it easy to figure out.

1 month later
#896 2 years ago

"Tales from the Crypt" The Trap (TV Episode 1991) - IMDb

"First time director Michael J. Fox, who also briefly appears as the prosecutor in court, ..."

#901 2 years ago

MJF - FAMILY Ties
Rob Reiner - All In The FAMILY

Yup, its Congo.

#929 2 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

Next clue is Urkel from Family Matters.
Hmm, they all have "family" in the title.
I'm saying it's Popeye.

I like the way you think.

#942 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Don't tease the people like me who actually have the pin.

Quoted from TopMoose:

Family Ties, All in the Family and Family Matters were all mainly set in homes. Homes have garages. Clearly, the only logical conclusion is Al's Garage Band.

He's right. And Mustangs are kept in garages. But there are less of those.

#951 2 years ago

Popeye had 3 excited people get a color release.

I'm still trying to figure out who #3 was.

#956 2 years ago

Hope today is the day for the reveal of #49.

Email came out

#958 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm buying one for a Popeye this week! Friend of mine, "non-hobbyist" has a Popeye and I'm ordering one for him and helping him install it.

We are just joking about the number. Popeye is one of those games that gets trashed so often people don't like to admit they like it, but many do and quite a few put a ColorDMD in theirs. The game has great dots, rules and humor. When you are used to the game the awkward layout does not matter anymore.

My beta-tester had a ColorDMD already installed in his game before I even colored. That shows a love for the game.

1 week later
#994 2 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Don't know if you saw this yet - there's a new video of your work in action.
» YouTube video

Very cool, thank you for sharing.

#1011 2 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

new clue!
I'm going with BSD. "bats"

Has BatsMan been done yet?

#1036 2 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Bat rhymes with GAT - galactic away team shot = Star Trek

Yes, but GAT also rhymes with SCAT so maybe it is Rescue 911.

#1061 2 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Bats, wolf, lemur, tony the tiger. Yup.... Austin Powers

You're right. How did I miss that those pictures are right on the flyer.

austin_powers_flyer_back_CD (resized).jpg

#1067 2 years ago

This can go either way. Bats and Rats are part of BSD. But of course Lucile is the bat from Walking Dead and that picture is the dissected rat from the prison where Lizzy said she "was just having fun". (full picture below)

So Randy is doing a good job on this one. There are going to be happy people either way.

TWDRatDisection (resized).jpg

#1082 2 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Do a google image search, that comes up with the text "Love Never Dies". Its BSD!

You're just using MS-Paint. I did an image search and came up with Walking Dead.

AP (resized).jpg

#1089 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

So, are you the color artist for BSD? I see you have one.

No, I only get involved with these "hint" discussions when I have absolutely no idea what the title is. I just like to mess around. If I do have information from discussions, beta testing or whatever I stay silent to not ruin it.

Quoted from Gnatty:

No shit, I saw that. But with only 8 available, what are all of the BSD owners to do if this indeed the next title? Seems like 500+ dollars to add color to this title might be a little too steep

Some people love a title so much they go crazy to make it the best. Maybe it is a loved pin, grail title or just memory of something they will never let go. When I colored Popeye it was an inside thing that needed to be done. I don't think even Randy thought they would sell considering the "game value" and general bad reputation. But he gave me the go ahead and when it came time to beta test he introduced me to someone who already had a ColorDMD installed in his Popeye. And he never actually expected it to ever get colored. He just loved the game and wanted a better color and dot style. And since then I have been sent a good number of pictures and videos from people saying thanks. I guess Popeye owners have been forced to lay low from fear of ridicule.

So long story short. Yes, there will be people installing this in a BSD. They will alter what they have to just to make sure their game pops to a new level.

#1101 2 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

But my point is, why would color DMD produce the rom for this title if owners can't use it with the original red covered panel. So 10 (now 7 left) panels are available. I can't see it happening.

There will be many games that need special installations. It started with lamp boards in TAF and then DW. Then to get CV done an LED version was created. There are people working on their own to get very special installs done on games like Pinball Magic even though Capcom is not supported.

Like it has been said above the mission is to get them all done.

#1111 2 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Ok now we can move on to Austin Powers!

I hope this is your next clue.

penisenlpic (resized).jpg

#1120 2 years ago
Quoted from gac:

I'm telling you Taxman it's not mine.

Dude, you wrote a book on it. It is you bag man -

austin-powers-penis-pump (resized).jpg

#1122 2 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Just because they look simple at first glance doesn't mean they are simple once you start coloring. Screen transitions, fades in and out, random objects can all delay a game's progress. Sometimes a game also needs a champion to push it through like Taxman and Popeye.
For BSD the hardest part at first was the attract screen. Clouds moving in the background while words fade in and out. Those words can also fade out at any time by pressing the flippers. The most time was spent figuring out solutions to the attract sequence and then even more time was spent coloring every variation. Plus the credits sequence was very long as well and took awhile. The attract screen is usually the least looked at part of the game and yet takes the most time to color.

Yes, Chris and Randy warned me about the fact that the first 90% of the coloring would take 10% of the time. The last 10% of the job would take 90% of the time and be more frustrating than fun. I'm paraphrasing and applying lessons learned of course. But it is a kind of masonic club whose membership is earned.

I spent as much time on the attract mode transitions as I did everything else in the game except the 4 modes.

Congrats by the way. The screens I have seen so far are awesome. It is amazing the detail that come out after coloring that you never saw before.

1 week later
#1176 2 years ago

Blue "Moon" and in Outer Space as in "Space Jam".

#1183 2 years ago

But the quote on the picture says - 50 GAMES DOWN...IT's MILLER TIME

Miller sucks and so does Space Jam (okay, a few of them do)

#1185 2 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Its Miller time and that means to Party. It's clearly Party Zone

Or it has gone straight to the sewer with TMNT. (not really supported)

#1216 2 years ago
Quoted from gac:

apparently the two thumbs down voters never heard of

Or read about the proper usage of the penis pump

1 month later
#1305 2 years ago

Those tire tracks are made by a 1961 Jaguar E-Type.

This car would also be know as "Shaguar".

Austin_Shaguar (resized).jpg

#1308 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballkim:

Donuts= The getaway?

Already colored.

#1330 2 years ago

It would just be too obvious if they showed Fem Bots.

FemBots (resized).jpg

#1356 2 years ago

The playfield on Corvette has a honeycomb main section.

corvette12 (resized).jpg

#1361 2 years ago

Wait - Austin Powers always says - Oh Bee Have!!! Just like Bee Hive!!!

1 week later
#1392 2 years ago

The guy is about to deal a crushing blow. The only thing that could be running through his mind is "Yeah Baby". So obviously Austin Powers.

#1404 2 years ago

Yes, they should only do big sellers. Like Popeye.

#1408 2 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Or Wheel of Fortune. Never seen one in person.

There was not a lot of love when it came out. There was some company across the boarder in Canada that bout a crap load of WOF and WPT machines on close out. They were selling them for $2,500 NIB + shipping. I called and they quoted me $300 shipping but I still could not pull the trigger on buying either.

#1411 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Disclaimer- I don't colorize the games - but I think the excuse "there may be another update at some point" for not collorizing the game is completely bull sh*i%. They can certainly comprise the dots that are already there and then update if needed. It doesn't send them back to square one. I don't know if many games that scrap the dots from update to update. Metallica is a great example. Colorization done. Update realeased. Not many issues that I heard about.

Metallica might be the only game where a game software update came out after the ColorDMD release. [edit: and Avengers]

Back to square one, no, but a change like a new video clip or placement of the score with other graphics could be a royal pain. Then after the changes are hopefully located and colored you have to test the living crap out of the new compile to make sure you didn't introduce an error somewhere else.

What if the color artist sold the game or had it on loan for the initial project? Maybe they don't have time to do it or are now involved with another commitment. It is better to wait for the game to stabilize, do it once and move on.

#1414 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Avengers isn't 100% but it's certainly acceptable. And absolutely better than not having it at all. That's exactly what I am talking about.
20 frames of 1,000 that are not colorized...

Acceptable to you (and most others). But there will always be a few who find it unacceptable and not understand the reasoning.

#1422 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I don't see Randy's post. Is this 100%?

No, the first picture was from GOT and the second from T2. So if the next picture is of a carpet the clues are -

GOT + 2 + Shag = Austin Powers

#1442 2 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

No, the first picture was from GOT and the second from T2. So if the next picture is of a carpet the clues are -
GOT + 2 + Shag = Austin Powers

Is William Shatner's hair-piece close enough to a shag rug?

#1479 2 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

i don't know if this has been posted before. i was wondering which model LCD/LED would be best for the 'smoothing' mode? also, how easy is it to set the dmd to smoothing vs dots? i'm considering ordering for TWD and MET. Also, my MET is a wood dmd board, not metal, does this matter?
thanks!

Quoted from DCFAN:

The LCD model is the only one with smoothing.
To change between the smoothed SCAN or HIRES to DOTSXL, etc. is just a matter of pressing the buttons on the user control buttons on the back of the display once you have it installed and the software loaded.

This is correct. But if I may add a little.

The LED version can only give you "dots" because that is all they are. discrete dots. So they are dot matrix displays themselves, just with more than one color.

So yes, if you want any of the smoothing modes (scan, 8-Bit or Hi-Res) or also the larger dots (DotXL and Tile) you need the LCD.

The video looks like it was taken in DotsXL. My personal favorite for most games. In DotsXL the dots are larger so there is less white space between them, but they are still round.

The controls on the back of the ColorDMD consist of 4 buttons (and a USB port). Real easy to enter menu, up/down setting, Save and Exit.

1 week later
#1522 2 years ago

It must be . . .

#1538 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Any DMD pins with a cat?

Yes, there is one with a Mr Bigglesworth character mounted in the back over a ramp.

Here is the BAA replacement part -

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-AP880-5053-00

MrBigglesworth (resized).jpg

#1540 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Scared Stiff has a black cat on the backglass art.

Already done. I think someone was keeping a list

#1543 2 years ago

I just realized the second cat picture was not from Randy but just a Mustang hopeful. But is you need any more convincing the cool cat in the first picture is "jones".

And here is a theme song by Quincy "Jones" & His Orchestra - Soul Bossa Nova

3 weeks later
#1605 2 years ago

(W)ynn
(W)and
(E) __

Austin Powers

1 week later
#1645 2 years ago

INXS = "International" band.
Croce = "Man"
Cyrus = Why she's relevant is a "Mystery"

International Man of Mystery = Austin Powers - Yeah Baby!

#1650 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Ha! Roms wont be available yet..

But that is how Congo was revealed.

1 week later
#1661 2 years ago

Even I can't make this into Austin Powers. And I have pushed those boundaries pretty hard

#1671 2 years ago

Why cooking up?

2 weeks later
#1740 2 years ago

8 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#1752 2 years ago

They are just frozen for a while - Yea Baby !!!! (Austin Powers)

2 weeks later
#1803 1 year ago

It is Raul Julia an ultimate ladies man. Who else is an ultimate ladies man? Austin Powers!

#1810 1 year ago

New Hint - Game 58

cdmd58 (resized).jpg

#1814 1 year ago

These hints look like there are so close to these 2 pictures.

AP2 (resized).jpg

Austin_Shaguar (resized).jpg

#1815 1 year ago

Also, Raul is from "A"ddams and this bunny is from "P"layboy - "AP"

#1836 1 year ago

Yes. If he could talk to the animals Dr. Dolittle ~ Dr. Evil

1 week later
#1863 1 year ago

Yeah Baby!!!! There were actually 3 movies right?

International Man of Mystery
The Spy Who Shagged Me
Goldmember

So Randy can just reuse the same clue 3 times and we are all set!!

#1871 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Maybe television series like..
Gilligans Island!!!

Even I don't dream that big.

#1888 1 year ago

Camera -> Playboy -> Austin Power

#1904 1 year ago

That seals the deal

APm1 (resized).jpg

APm2 (resized).png

APm3 (resized).jpg

APm4 (resized).jpg

#1909 1 year ago

Both of those movies Hurt.

Edit: So did the pins.

#1913 1 year ago

app1 (resized).png

app2 (resized).jpg

#1922 1 year ago

But the hint is "just dig a little"

such-a-strong (resized).jpg

#1936 1 year ago

I should have guess this one.

#1939 1 year ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Congrats, T2 owners! How exciting that this pioneering game finally gets colorized.
Great job, Taxman - I hope we can expect another one from you soon!

I'm not sure. This PITA was about 2 years in the making. By the end of about a year I was banging my head off the wall trying to over come some of the junk that came with it being an early implementation of new technology. Randy and Chris could not help at the time because they were buried in too many other things. Think about what was going on at ColorDMD in the last 2 years. Colorizing games that needed more memory like Spiderman and the VE edition. Developing (and getting manufacturing) for the Chroma LED version. Supporting so many other projects, supply issues, and even I had some large life issues in the middle. This game spent more time on the shelf than on the bench.

To bring this home in the end Randy had to write special code into the engine. He has done a massive about of work in the last months. If I did take on another game (and if they wanted me to) I would also be back to square one learning all of the new tools. When I started most of the work I was doing was in a hex editor.

#1945 1 year ago

Some of the clues can be interpreted multiple ways. I have nothing to do with the clues so Randy will have to tell us exactly.

1. Can be movie and can be first game with Video Mode.
2. Dirt Bike is the Chase sequence.
3. Can be the time 12:20 is the Red Eye but also the 12/20 is a Shotgun known as "Terminator" (Google it).

#1953 1 year ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

It's terminator 2 they have it posted on their Facebook

Are you sure? Sometimes people like to mess around and act silly.

#1963 1 year ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Looks great, can't wait to install mine later this week.
As much as I have been wanting this one, I have to laugh at the promo video. Were you able to show all of the animations T2 has to offer in that 1 minute video?

I did not put the video together. But it does have the big stuff. Video Mode, Chase, Hunter Killer are the big ones. The different security doors, locks, multipliers are similar so you don't need to show too much of that. This being an early implementation it certainly was not chock full of animation, but as with any of the colorized games it is so much nicer to see than the blobs of orange dots.

I am glad he included the T1000 prying open the door for shoot again since it was the only "liquid metal" reference included anywhere in the game.

3 weeks later
#1996 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Coors is like making love in a canoe. Fn near water= Waterworld.

While I like the way you think I say it is simpler than that.

Coors sucks = Austin Powers !!!!

#2011 1 year ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Which games have a hand grabbing something?

The hand on Dr. Evil is always broken off on Austin Powers.

#2013 1 year ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

It's got to be Star Trek!!!! um, Captain Kirk, is that a.....OMG it is........

Now I know where the scene in "A Clockwork Orange" came from.

(picture of Alex holding the large ceramic phallic symbol might not be allowed)

#2017 1 year ago

So ROCKY mountain Coors
Monkeyshine from FRIENDS
and MOOSE head

They re-colored RFM?

#2030 1 year ago

Lots of crazy light and sounds in this game. While it has the classic DE shoot the ramp a few times and play a MB; there are a lot of little things that make you smile if you grew up with the show. Great back box animation hat trick but the annoying "Wrong Hat" call out is as famous as "Lionman" on SoF.

The fact that it is based on a cartoon will make this color very well. I am assuming the LED version will be easier to mount. I don't see how the LCD version would mount without backbox modification. If this is the game being released congratulations to the artist. I can see where that might be a few tricky scenes to color.

#2054 1 year ago

He looks like an International Man of Mystery.

1 week later
#2207 1 year ago

Joe Pesci
Jeremy Piven
Jim Parsons

Austin Powers !!!!!

Of course it is JP

1 week later
#2232 1 year ago
Quoted from beepbeep:

I noticed at color dmd that some games either have LCD OR LED color boards. Difference in price is $30 more for LCD. Is there more hardware with the LCD that is required? Is it a better board that the LED or is there no difference?

There is a 10 page discussion about this - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-lcd-versus-led

Summary is you buy LED when LCD does not fit. When they both fit you get the choice of more modes in LCD.

#2238 1 year ago

Austin Powers is the kind of guy who would use a Bear-skin rug!

For those who do not recognize the picture it is the Bear-skin rug at the bottom of the ramp on The Addams Family.

#2261 1 year ago

I'm going with Championship Pub.

1) BEAR skin run
2) KNUCKLES riding the ATV

#2263 1 year ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Taxman has inside information...

Nope. If I get inside information I only make wild guesses. Usually AP. I only make real guesses when I have no clue about current completion. I didn't get T2 right and I had inside information on that one.

I knew that was the Bear Skin rug from TAF because I have it in my house for the past 15 years.

I went on-line and looked up pictures of the toy and read the box to see its name is Knuckles.

#2265 1 year ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

I know, it was my poor attempt at a joke.

You need one of these ->

You type very monotone. (see)

#2282 1 year ago

Yup. Congrats to CP owners.

#2301 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

This thread reminds me of how many games I dont have.....congrats, and will hope someday a soccer ball emerges on the clue list

Striker Xtreme?

Can't be Flipper Football since they don't support large DMD (yet).

Premier World Challenge Soccer?

#2305 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Killing me dead, you are....killing me dead....

It is funny that while teasing you I realize there are 4 DMD games devoted to soccer.

Oh, and I sold my very nice / player WCS to a buddy last month for $2K. So I know what you are talking about. Color will kick but on that game.

2 weeks later
#2315 1 year ago

So is it Indy 500?

ColorDMDClue (resized).png

#2323 1 year ago

Indy would be nice. I wish the one I used to play at the Sanctum wasn't sold (MARK! )

I'm not sure it the frames in GI are as bad as T2. I have not played GI since working on T2 and when I play a game now it has become something I watch on every DMD. The biggest issue I knew about doing it was the backbox setup but it is possible LED version takes care of that.

#2329 1 year ago

If that is the case, then this time I am covered!!!! LCDs locked and waiting to be loaded!!

Damn you scared me. Just took a look at your great collection and realize IJ4 is not among them.

My faith it you persists

#2357 1 year ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

It was 20 years ago to the day that Diana was killed in a car crash in a taxi.
What pinballs have conspiracies associated with them or taxis?

So you saying Diana = England = Austin Powers?

#2373 1 year ago

It is hard to type the droned audio of the rejoice from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

So . . .

#2378 1 year ago

ColorDMD64 (resized).jpg

#2387 1 year ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

You know, it makes sense if you think about it...

That's what is fishy. Makes it easy, too easy

1 week later
#2404 1 year ago

The game is Ali-Baba

AB with a piece missing from the B would be a P = AP. So I'm going with Austin Powers.

#2418 1 year ago

Very cool. I agree 100%. The first clue was "I know what your thinking". I should have recognized that Dirty Harry line also.

#2457 1 year ago

I just saw this on Facebook and came here to see what everyone is saying. Randy is really having fun.

#2463 1 year ago

p (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#2536 1 year ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Lets not get side tracked and start slinging mud for no reason. I am genuinely interested in the release.

No reason? You came into a ColorDMD thread talking about another product.

#2600 1 year ago

Interesting -

DEST (resized).jpg

#2603 1 year ago

Who else just went to the ColorDMD store and checked everything to see if Randy slipped anything else by us

ColorDMDST (resized).jpg

1 month later
#2713 1 year ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

We’ll that saved me some money!

Well yes and no. It saved you "any more money".

2 weeks later
#2727 1 year ago

Looks like he's playing in a HURRICANE.

#2765 1 year ago

Just because I have to.

1) Playing in the "Rain"
2) "Sleet" on the game
3) Playing in the "Snow"

Obviously a Mail Man reference -

Fat_Bastard_the_mailman (resized).jpg

1 month later
#2946 1 year ago

Very possible it will be just LED version. But we will see.

3 months later
#3317 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

does anyone have details on how well these fit into the showcase heads?
I prefer LCD colorDMD but dont want to permanently alter the head.
I assume form the announcement that the LED colordmd is plug and play?

I believe it is the same as a Stern LED setup.

2 months later
#3473 10 months ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

popeye has been done

And???

#3499 10 months ago

Randy had to make special changes to the engine to get T2 over the finish line. A cannot image the issue they ran into with an even earlier game.

Big surprise, very cool.

1 month later
#3542 8 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

What's black and white and red all over?

Centaur?

1 month later
#3638 7 months ago
ColorDMDGB (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#3809 6 months ago

Not until the code is complete.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
3,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mt. Laurel, NJ
Boards
PCB Emporium
Machine - For Sale
Blaine, TN
€ 222.00
Cabinet - Decals
Buthamburg
4,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Columbia, MD
$ 42.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 89.99
$ 30.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 11.95
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 159.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Taxman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside