CCC4C131-2F30-4BF2-9BEE-569B32098D9C (resized).jpeg
6B369A0B-83D4-465D-B1E9-45E9C42AC611 (resized).jpeg
09177252-89B6-4998-A1E8-979F6A9153C0 (resized).jpeg
20200426_124722 - Copy (resized).jpg
20200426_124802 - Copy (resized).jpg
20200426_131522 - Copy (resized).jpg
95CA7F01-71E2-414C-A673-62F4DA8FFBA7.jpeg
2B9DFEFF-CB61-4E50-894D-CBF498288786.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MK6PIN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 8 years ago

Oh man...could it be!!!

#20 8 years ago

zone/zone/zone......think it is finally time for anything BUT TZ!!! (that's my official guess, as I'm always wrong)

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

That would be hilarious - teasing "zone-zone-zone" when TZ is one of the most-anticipated releases and then revealing that it's Party Zone. You'd hear the screaming from TZ owners miles away.
A small part of me kinda wants it to happen.

Ok then...my official guess is Party Zone....this should make TZ a lock........

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

The latest clue: Powerball
Looks like this clinches TZ as the next title!

Screen_Shot_2016-02-03_at_8.33.02_AM_(resized).png

I can't tell you how excited I am for this....my B&W Sigma looks fine, but suspect the colorized will be awesome (the game itself is in color, let's face that)!!!!!

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from gac:

It's finally here! TZ

There is not a more deserving title!!! With all the work they said had to be put into this, I'm beyond excited....Thank you, thank you!!!....mark

1 week later
#113 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Well, it is pretty uninspired...
Tron = hit X shot X times to start x mode. Do all the modes for super fun mode time. Go chop more wood while trying to get to super fun mode time and get to it once in a blue moon while being bored with the other modes which are all chopping wood in nature. ohhh pretty el wires... purdy shiney things.
Congo = choose your own adventure of fun. What do you feel like doing today? Kill some greys, MAP your way to cool stuff, explore the mines, hit a wide aray of shots as you collect diamond and progress to other cool modes at the same time, how about a sweet volcano ramp, oh you like 4 different video modes, and some crazy hidden crap you will see years into owning the game... Yeah, I think we know which game is better

Well, I'm not exactly sure how you really feel about this comparison.......

I'm no fanboy, but TRON kicks the shit out of Congo...all good though...to each their own....

#115 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Different stroks for different folks, but congo kills tron everyday. cOngo is so good the layput was copied by tron and they messed it up

Too funny!!!...all good w me ( thumbs up because I enjoyed the post, not because I agreed... )

3 weeks later
#196 8 years ago

Shall continue my normal streak of wrong guesses....FGY, or WCS94......not because I think these are next, but because I want them.....seems like reasonable logic......

#197 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Tis true. So I guess by the letter of the law, I'm a liar. But there is more to the TPF news. The double announcement is a very special case

Hey!!!......FGY and Shrek were the same game, right? So the "double announcement" would make sense....hell, I have no idea..

2 months later
#375 7 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

SPIDERMAN IT IS!!!!

Damn....have to buy another one....appears this one has newer engine? wonder if this should have been used in TRON, as I had an older Sigma in mine? Does anyone know if IM is the new version, as well?

#385 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

No no. you just need to update your flash memory

Was this done when I downloaded TRON in color, or another update?

1 month later
#566 7 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

One of these displays is not like the others, which one is different do you know, can you tell which thing is not like the others, I will tell you if it so.

Ok...I'm resorting to begging now....PLEASE let FGY be next!!!

#567 7 years ago

Ok. Hint #2 from earlier today. Would be a fantastic debut having 2 releases at once.
Can you say R-G-B ?

I guess FGY again......squeaky wheel approach....

#574 7 years ago

So do i understand correctly....LED can NOT do hires or scan modes?

#578 7 years ago

That is correct. Dots only (DOTSXL also will not be supported) since the LED DMD is a matrix of single RGB LEDs.

Then yes, a no brainer for me....I love scan mode, so I'll stick w the current offering......

2 weeks later
#619 7 years ago

I.think this one will be Family Guy

PLEASE!!!!!

#688 7 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Ask someone who went to the ColorDMD Talk at this year's Southern Fried Gameroom Expo...

I keep wishing...FGY, FGY, FGY!!!

1 week later
#760 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Some of the games I am surprised have not been done yet are WCS 94, FG, TF, T2, and Ripleys.

Big time agree on the first 2....

1 week later
#770 7 years ago

Hoping for some new hints for the next release.

Feeling it for FGY before too long...my sigma will be here Monday.....please!!!!

1 week later
#777 7 years ago

I shall guess FGY until it is released.....PLEASE!!!

#806 7 years ago

Congrats CC owners!!!...now, can we please get FGY out so I can stop whining?

#807 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Congrats CC owners!!!...now, can we please get FGY out so I can stop whining?

At least until WCS gets released after it....

3 weeks later
#848 7 years ago

Anyone find a Family Guy with a ColorDMD installed at Pinball Expo? Since so many people do not like to look at links posted on the threads, here it is.

Machine played great, too!!!....

No FGY there.....talked to Randy for a good bit...great, straight shooting guy....I'm sure FGY will show soon, it's been in beta for some time now...hopefully on a few bugs left....

#850 7 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

You gonna pick Randy's brain about TWD? Thought I heard COLORDMD was working dots on it.

Already gone.....sorry

2 weeks later
#882 7 years ago

FGY!!!...I know it's sooo close...please!!!

#889 7 years ago

Once again...FGY PLEASE!!! ( this is my official guess on every hint moving forward, btw, until it finally drops)

#891 7 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Hope it is ! Tired of the whiny posts ... FGY please!

Whiny, desperate, whatever you like to call it, I can handle it...FGY!!!

#905 7 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

New clue is up and I can't do a screenshot - someone please post the photo of Rob Reiner!
Family Ties
All in the Family
It's lookin' good for you, MK6PIN.

I like the way you think!!! FGY!!!

#944 7 years ago

They all have "Family" in the title and all three clues are guys. So Family Guy it is. Let's hope it is this time.

YES....!!!! Then everyone can stop seeing me whine..

#946 7 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

Nice line up, after you can whine for WCS. I'll whine for that one with you.

Ha!!!! beat me to it!!!!! I have a Sigma waiting in that one too.....a disease I say, a disease!!!!

#960 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Email came out

It is a great day in FGY land!!!!!!

#966 7 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Thank god .... No more begging from you! Now the rest of can patiently wait for ours!
Enjoy you earned it!

Too funny!!! Thanks for tolerating me..

#969 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Great news for all you FG guys, I'm happy for you. NOW the question is WHICH display are you guys gonna get, LCD or LED???????

LCD locked and loaded....

#972 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh but the LED is sooooo nice and bright.

Agreed...but sitting right next to my TSPP, if I open that door I could be doomed....

#977 7 years ago
Quoted from gac:

I like the high res mode on all of my games... especially TSPP and I would think with FG now too. I think high res mode works fantastically with the "cartoon" themes. Would love to see LCD dots and LED side by side in TAF, though, for comparison.

I too, am a Hi Res guy, and man, I really don't want to see them side by side if the LED smokes it......already filled my machines with LCD's

must not be tempted, must not be tempted....

#979 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Well you aint comin over to my house anytime soon then.

Cold, you are!!!!

#982 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

If I was Game 50..What would I be??

I've done too much whining for TZ and now FGY, so out of respect for others, I ban myself from guessing for at least 3 pages..

#986 7 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Please please buy a Jurrassic Park and a Tales from the Crypt
Lol

I've actually played and like both quite a bit....oh the madness!!!...

#987 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

But just think how much money I'm savin ya.

Agreed!!!

#993 7 years ago

Today is your day. Play on...in color.

Must get home from work, must get home from work!!!!

#995 7 years ago

Yes, it is loaded, yes it is awesome!!! Thank you ColorDMD team!!! Ipecac looks pretty authentic...I'm enjoying it in Hires mode Stewie Lives!!!...

IMG_1363 (resized).JPGIMG_1363 (resized).JPG

#998 7 years ago

What took you so long?? I'd figured you would had taken the day off work.

I tried, believe me.....now it's me, bourbon, and a FGY battle tonight!!!...all the animations are amazing...like a new game, and I already loved it....

#1003 7 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

I found my scores plummeted first as I was too busy watching the animations...... it's like there was nothing there before. So amazing of a job on this title! Props to the programmer of this conversion, well done!

Ditto!!!

#1017 7 years ago

One more page before my self imposed whining guesses are allowed (doesn't look like a soccer ball anyway.... )

#1027 7 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Wow an announcement and no MK6pin screaming for Family Guy
Christmas has come early!

Ahh...good to be loved!!! I was merely whining for the masses..too funny..

#1042 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Bats?
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let this be for Tales from the Crypt!

Very respectable whining!!!...played that game some time back....a lot of fun!,,,

#1055 7 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Sometime ago .... Wow time flies when your playing your color DMD Family guy!

Agreed and really digging it.....good luck to all those who have the next title....FACT ...ALL games look better w colordmd!!!

#1113 7 years ago

Ok, my self imposed 1 page whining/ request ban has expired...my final need (for now).....WCS94 PLEASE!!!!

#1124 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I thought you said it was 4 pages.

No no....I said 1 page ( I think, anyway)....

#1125 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I thought you said it was 4 pages.

I've been avoiding you like the plague, btw....your leg light ups look badass, but if I do one.......

#1127 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

WOW really? But they look soooo purdy....OH look at all the purdy lights.

That's precisely the problem.....think I'd put them on the front two legs of all my machines...you do the shooter rod housings too, right? Shit...pm me the 9 pin discount rate ( what is wrong with me).....

#1140 7 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

They've put out a new title about every two weeks this year, so probably more than one.

Whoa!!! And the Pinside marketplace has a WCS plastic set listed at the bottom..." magic 8 ball", " WCS plastic for sale at the bottom...coincidence? I think not....it all makes sense now....

#1144 7 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

I want pretty front legs and shooter housings too, but at what price per game? Already have blades, toppers, shooters, speaker lights and, yes, ColorDMDs in all my DMD pins.

Correct answer is " more"....I'm working through this very issue now.....

1 week later
#1166 7 years ago

Beer = Soccer....WCS!!!

1 month later
#1272 7 years ago

WCS!!!!! It's time...cartoony, and tons out there...probably most consistent thread on pinside....let my begging for this final title in current lineup begin!!!!

2 weeks later
#1309 7 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

HOORAY! First clue of the new year!
Obvious first impressions: Harley Davidson, Nascar, Mustang, Corvette, No Fear, Viper Night Drivin', Indy 500
Lateral thinking: Wheel of Fortune, Transformers
Pure wishful thinking: Junk Yard (which features a skidding bus animation)

Wait....looks a lot like the scribble striker writes on scoop shot.....WCS!!!

1 week later
#1375 7 years ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

GAME 53 COUNTDOWN STARTS NOW! 3!!!...

Looks like a Royal Rumble to me
But the picture is called A song of Ice and Fire from Game of Thrones so it could be GOT

Obviously a battle/ competition scene, obviously WCS!!!

2 weeks later
#1566 7 years ago

This can only mean WCS is closer than ever!!!

2 weeks later
#1596 7 years ago

Obviously WCS...am I the only one that noticed the first letter in the hotel?

#1600 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Just played a game of WCS to see if "Win!" was in any callouts.

It's all over the place when you start battling the countries... ....Randy made this too easy.....

#1607 7 years ago

(W)orld "Wynn"
(C)up "Cap"
(S)..............ahhh. I give up ...maybe next one is WCS....congrats to owners of new title!!!

3 weeks later
#1656 7 years ago

There have to be approx. 5.2 MILLION WCS owners that need color...please...is anyone working on this title? ( yes I might have over exaggerated the number a bit). This is one of the most underrated, overearning games for quite some time....( and my last title that has a sigma in it w no color.....

#1675 7 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

1)Dragon
2) It's a DRAG not to have a Color DMD for WCS
3) WCS

PURE GENIOUS YOU ARE!!!!! Hooray, it's WCS.....

#1682 7 years ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

I heard a rumor at TPF that WCS is currently being worked on. I'm not sure how long it takes to finish a project like that, but hopefully it's not too far away from release. Love my WCS and need the Color DMD to complete it.

Quoted from PoMC:

World Cup is a no-brainer to me and seems like just a matter of when, not if.

Now, now we're getting somewhere!!! Please!!!

#1708 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

It's a stretch, but WCS has a lot of fireworks on the translite. And that soccer dog has a head shaped like a dragon.

I'm agreeing with anything that makes WCS next!!!

#1719 7 years ago

Think TFTC it is....even I can't find a way to tie this one to WCS....

1 week later
#1735 7 years ago

Is anyone working on WCS?

#1739 7 years ago

For $50, I will tell you what the magic 8 ball says.

Killing me, you are....

1 month later
#1833 6 years ago

I can't even dream WCS tied into these hints......the wait continues......

1 week later
#1876 6 years ago

Its WCS!!!.....not sure exactly how, but I'll make up something.....

1 week later
#1970 6 years ago

Any chance WCS is even being considered? There has to be substantial interest in this one, as the game is very popular.

#1973 6 years ago

All DMD games are being considered, especially with the LED display. Have patience, grasshopper. I am sure there are many challenges with many of the remaining titles.

Ut oh....I purchased an LCD sigma for my WCS...suppose I can surely sell it if the game gets released in LED only...

3 weeks later
#2034 6 years ago

Congrats on Rocky and Bullwinkle...played one a few times, fun machine.....selfless plug for the billions waiting on WCS....this title NEEDS the color to enhance the great artwork.....

#2061 6 years ago

He's surfing....starts with an "s"...so does "soccer"....reaching, reaching.......

#2075 6 years ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

World Cup Soccer

I like how you think!!!

#2082 6 years ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

Google image search results show the pic is from the extreme ironing world cup in Germany

Be still my beating heart!!!......

#2087 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Could it finally be Fastbreak?!

Top of chute is a dead ringer for the top of a soccer ball....WCS it is!!!!!

#2088 6 years ago

"Chute" could also be spelled " shoot"

Im onto something here!!!!!

#2100 6 years ago

I give up...WCS another day....

#2105 6 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

... and Mustang ... and Star Trek.

Agreed....it's seems a shame that an older Title has been passed over, being so many have and love the game. I was sure it would be out long before now. Just glad a lot of machines have been getting done....a must have mod....

#2106 6 years ago

Might be because of the fireworks, animations, etc. There's actually a lot going on during the game ...think Randy had mentioned this is why it took so long for TZ....

#2113 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

WCS would be cool. I wonder how it would sell when you think the color DMD is about 17% of the cost of an average WCS

Suspect that's a non factor for most ( including me).....can't imagine Gilligan or Rocky and bullwinkle, Flintstones, etc. ( non mainstream titles) selling for a lot more than WCS. And can be quite certain there are more WCS in the wild than 3 or 4 previously released titles combined. I've had a sigma in mine for quite some time.....suspect someone that owns the title is what drives a lot of it. It will happen in time....

I appreciate everything Randy and CDMD have brought to our hobby. All of my games enjoy this technology.....

#2116 6 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

In the end we hope to make everyone happy and provide a lasting contribution to the hobby!
Randy

You and your team have more than accomplished this....forever changing the landscape of a key component in our machines. Thank you, thank you!!!....mark ( I'm 8 for 8 as well, with one waiting in Sigma mode...

#2155 6 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Star Trek is currently in development. It might take a while but it will be released before a lot of other ColorDMDs. I'll predict that it will be released before title #73.

Any hints, hopes on WCS? Anything??....throw an old dog a bone....

#2158 6 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

I don't have anything to do with ColorDMD. I'm just a guy who likes figuring out puzzles.
HEY, EVERYONE: If you're posting on this thread about what game you want colorized, it's not doing any good. I think there's a thread called "What ColorDMD's Do You Want?" or something, and it's just for that. Or PM one of the regular colorizers and offer to lend them your machine for a few months. Or contact ColorDMD via their website and volunteer your free time to do the work and colorize it yourself (like I did). If you get shot down (like I did) that might mean that someone else is currently working on it (which they were).
If you have an idea about where ColorDMD's latest Facebook clues could lead, this is the place.

Fair enough....innocent request......

#2171 6 years ago

Dynamite = fireworks= WCS.....yet another lame attempt on my end.....

#2229 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Congrats to the JP owners. Looks like my money is safe.

Ditto

1 week later
#2245 6 years ago

I believe a polar bear is a distant cousin to a dog...= Striker = WCS!!!!!...finally

#2252 6 years ago
Quoted from wcbu64:

This is no fun for me . . . there is no possible rationale that this is a clue for Gilligan's Island.

Jump in....the waters are good for random guesses at this point.....I make up stuff every time until it's painfully obvious WCS still not up......

#2260 6 years ago

Well....Im out now.....congrats to the new release holders!!!

Another day for WCS....I'll break the news to my machine tonight....

#2300 6 years ago

This thread reminds me of how many games I dont have.....congrats, and will hope someday a soccer ball emerges on the clue list

#2304 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Striker Xtreme?
Can't be Flipper Football since they don't support large DMD (yet).
Premier World Challenge Soccer?

Killing me dead, you are....killing me dead....

#2306 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

It is funny that while teasing you I realize there are 4 DMD games devoted to soccer.
Oh, and I sold my very nice / player WCS to a buddy last month for $2K. So I know what you are talking about. Color will kick but on that game.

Shhhhhh!!!!! Randy will hear you.......

I was playing it the other night, and realized how good it really will look in color....fireworks, for crying out loud....FIREWORKS.....please, somebody make it happen....

#2309 6 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Oh, you know better than that. If the clue is a soccer ball, the next game is anything but WCS.

Shear torture setting in...it is hard to face the reality of my final non colored machine being kicked to the curb...( wait..."kicked"). I'm afraid " Sigma 3" might be out before WCS makes the grade, in which case, I'd have to upgrade the entire display.....really thought this would be one of the first " b" titles to get done....

I don't care if the clue is rocks...I'm in for the long haul on this one.....machine NEEDS it....

2 weeks later
#2332 6 years ago

Idk what the clue means, except being more direct in approach.....must be " Indiana" something.

I have one title not colored and not selling it, so no choice but to stare at my Sigma when I play it.....all good.

#2342 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

"I named the dog Indiana" so WCS94 it is, LOL!

A desperate thumbs up I've given......you must carry the torch for the masses on WCS owners begging for this....I'm a bit weary....it's been gone all around for some reason....

#2347 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

My guess is this is correct. They seem to be chewing through the B/W games list. Stern games still have a ton to get through.

hank, I hope you are right!!!!!

#2375 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Wrapping up another one now, so more like 8

THIS is encouraging!!!

1 week later
#2398 6 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Excellent. Mustang should be next 1965 game 65.

Let's not use that logic....WCS94......94?!...ahhh!!!!

#2399 6 years ago

I like the " only 8 more Williams Bally" titles left......please...

#2407 6 years ago

Is rhe piece missing a soccer ball?....I cant take it!!!

3 weeks later
#2535 6 years ago

" We Scored!!!" = WCS???? Reasonable guess........

#2558 6 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

We came, we saw, we kicked a soccer ball. Easy, WCS is coming!

Incredible logic...it must be so....

#2657 6 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Here's the official Star Trek announcement...
AND OH, BY THE WAY, they've also announced that World Cup Soccer AND Godzilla are on the way IN ADDITION to Ghostbusters.

BAMM!!! WCS....my life is now complete!!! Thank you....

#2679 6 years ago

I’m just stoked WCS on the horizon....this is going to be killer!!

#2681 6 years ago

Just know Randy said in development.....fireworks!!!

#2688 6 years ago
Quoted from BillPinball:

The WCS demo looked great as well!!

YES!!!

#2690 6 years ago
Quoted from BillPinball:

The WCS demo looked great as well!!

Easily one of the best!!!

1 month later
#2708 6 years ago

WCS!!!!!! My life is complete....I will say this display is one of the best Ive seen ( own around 9, I think, and have seen more in person). Really fits the game....a must have....thank you,!!!!!!! GREAT JOB!!!!

10 months later
#3612 5 years ago

Anyone put a Sigma ( for now) in Kiss? I really like the HIRES look, and curious about thoughts on how this game's content would look like ....Thanks...mark

#3634 5 years ago

Wait!!! "we saw, we came", we rock and rolled all night, and partied everyday...KISS!!

(hehe....just bought an HUO LE and will start dreaming...) ...fun to be guessing again....

#3691 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

All of mine are set to hi res. Love it.

Ditto ...and Greg will forever harass me because of it (in a fun way)....

choice is good.....

#3695 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yup...FOREVER! ...and your choice is wrong.
DOTS XL FOREVER!!!!
SMEAR MODE NEVER!!!!

And all is right in pinball land!!!!....

Things pretty smoooth around here.....

1 week later
#3731 5 years ago
Quoted from Beebl:

First world problems... I'll continue to bitch about kiss

With you now that I own one...color and code finish will make this an amazing game.....

#3734 5 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

I am happy with DotXL on my GB

I grew up in Seaford!!! wow....geographic memories......

#3740 5 years ago

Safe to say it's not KISS (will wait)

1 week later
#3802 5 years ago

Too funny....

#3805 5 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Come on. It’s on your wishlist. You can’t hate it that much.

No need for downvote....his "no" was funny to see posted....I'm dreaming of KISS code drop and color for my SIGMA, so I'm sure I'll be waiting, as well....

3 weeks later
#3818 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Get a sigma, put it in white, you're 80% of the way there.

I actually found a shade in the orange/red range that looks pretty cool.....will now be anxious for the 20%....these things rock!!!! I think KISS will rival any current release when colorized....

#3822 5 years ago

[quoted image]1st clue #82.

2 fingers up, second time around....KISS!!!!!

#3827 5 years ago

I can't see that happening this year. Stern code just dropped. If they were working on it, I'm sure there is some animation rework to be done.

True, but a man can dream....

1 week later
#3865 5 years ago
Quoted from Beebl:

What are the odds for KISS now that code is complete?!

Don't know about the odds, but would be amazing!!!

1 month later
#3901 5 years ago

Hoping for some new hints next week.

Yes, please!!!

#3906 5 years ago

Looks like you are only waiting on Kiss.
I'm waiting on IJ4 and Pinball Magic since I already have a Sigma installed. Stargate would be a plus but I'm sure it will be much longer for Gottlieb support comes along.

Correct you are!!!

#3907 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Also want.....[quoted image]

I think your hint would be spot on!!

1 week later
#3914 5 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

Finaly Kiss
Roll over!

Any logic that ties KISS to these hints makes sense to me....

#3932 5 years ago

Well..I suppose if KISS has to wait for the King first, that would be understandable..

2 weeks later
#3939 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I need a drink? Test tube? Like what they use for BLOOD tests? Gene Simmons drinks and spits lots of blood. At last - KISS!

I'm rooting for @vireland's theory at this time.....makes sense to me...

#3941 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Going with party Zone! Doesn’t matter what it is. Always excited to see another one done.

probably right...and agree...these things are THE must have mod, imho...

#3947 5 years ago
Quoted from Beebl:

Congrats Big Bang Bar was announced as 85! - I'm looking forward to this opening the door to pinball magic, color dots would look great on that title.[quoted image]

I don't have this title, but congrats to those that do...suspect it definitely knocks this one even further off the charts!!!!

KISS next hopefully.....

2 weeks later
#3976 5 years ago

Well...can't make KISS a valid contender for this clue.....congrats to whoever owns this title, and I'll wait patiently....

#3982 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Or CAN you? Eric CARR was a great drummer for KISS. The Magna Carta was drafted to make peace with rebel barons. KISS are rebels with bare arms. I think you see where this is going, and it's looking good for KISS!

Man, I like how you think....KISS it is!!!

#3988 5 years ago

So if it's not KISS, is someone willing to give up info that someone might be working on it? I won't tell...

2 weeks later
#4004 5 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

[quoted image]

@vireland, can you spin this into KISS somehow?

#4017 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Heh. This one's too much of a stretch even for my KISS optimism. It ain't KISS.

Yea... realization sets in...On to the next...

1 week later
#4037 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Wheel of Fortune
Say Say Say + Jack White = Say Jack, as in Pat Sajak

Enough of the logic..can it not be Kiss!!!..please???

#4044 5 years ago

congrats to WOF owners!!!!...I shall wait w Sigma installed

#4052 5 years ago

Please...can anyone confirm/ deny that Kiss is even on the radar? In truth, seems odd it hasn't been released yet. Demand is certainly there....guessing that the development guys don't have one to mess with?

#4058 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Does Kiss have a lot of tv or movie footage?

It does have a fair share of concert type footage, in addition to standard animations/ cartoony stuff. Would look amazing, regardless....

#4059 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Has a fair amount of concert footage.

ha...same wavelength!!!

#4066 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I remember watching Stern’s video on the making of KISS. It seems the assets were completed digitally, then converted to dots from a 3-D computer image. I’m not sure there’s any “real” footage, no matter how life-like it appears.

Yea.." concert like" was my take...Along same lines as "movie" clips on some other titles

I've had a Sigma running red in my KissLE for awhile now...Looks great...Just hoping someone is giving it a shot....I remember early days, when Randy had conveyed they had major challenges to get TZ done, as everyone was very anxious.

#4069 5 years ago

Wow. I did not see the point up changing your display since it was red from the factory.
Renew your excitement by changing it to yellow/gold-ish.

Oh trust me....I've been changing it up since installation...the yellowish looked cool, as well as purple...ended up back to red for now, as the whole machine glows of it.......anxious to see many colors eventually.....

#4070 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

XL dots, title mode, 8-bit mode, HD mode....lots of reasons.

Oh yea...that too..I'm a HIRES guy and it still smokes the original screen (along with the hope...... )

#4072 5 years ago

I'm all about the other modes. It was a stab at the red since the game shipped with red and I just do not think the red works well with that backglass art.

you have inspired me to move it back to the yellow/ gold and put some games on it.....just a few button pushes, and the game is actually quite fun to play w new code...

#4074 5 years ago

So the cities do more now than just have different call outs?

Yep...They can now be stacked....Here's a yellow orange that matches bolts on speaker panel...Shall play like this for a bit...Looks cool

IMG_20190414_194311882 (resized).jpgIMG_20190414_194311882 (resized).jpgIMG_20190414_194317834 (resized).jpgIMG_20190414_194317834 (resized).jpg
#4076 5 years ago

So the cities do more now than just have different call outs?

15 cities combos though..haven't made it through all of them to realize award points beyond multipliers.....several ways to play the game now....

COLOR.....Randy, please!!!!

#4077 5 years ago
Quoted from thepinballworks:

Mustang please. But I do like it in blue. Just installed color DMD yesterday.
[quoted image]

did that w my Tron until they colorized that one....looks great!!

#4081 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

There is a community of designers that contribute to ColorDMD, and they pick the titles they want to do.
It's not based on sales of the pin, perceived quality of the dots, or your 10 ten list.

My understanding, as well....

#4085 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I'm going to do another game that will disappoint people. Deal with it.

Too funny!!! Appreciate your work, period...!!

#4093 5 years ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

Haha, I'm only awesome because I know Eric and his amazing coloring.
And like Eric, I'm doing games that aren't so popular.

Again, I just appreciate the teams efforts in making pinball better for all w an amazing promise...I will limit my silly guesses, as that's all they really are...thanks again!!!

#4095 5 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

I colored Elvis and I had to search the dark web to find that matching concert footage from which the dots were created....
The end result was fantastic (Thank Randy for that!)
I was super glad Stern had published below when game was released:
Soundtrack includes Elvis singing "See See Rider", "Blue Suede Shoes", All Shook Up", "Hound Dog", "Jailhouse Rock", "Heartbreak Hotel", and "Burning Love." Actual recordings are used from the famed "68 Comeback" television special, as well as the "Aloha from Hawaii" television special.

Wow...Amazing work!!!

3 months later
#4275 4 years ago

Been trying to turn this clue into KISS, just can't get there....Someday, hopefully....

#4277 4 years ago
Quoted from SewerUrchin:

Have the Scorpions opened for Kiss?
I try to turn every hint into Kiss also.

Possibly, but "take cover" lends itself more to Hurricane. Isn't that title already done, though?

#4280 4 years ago

Hurricane is showing on the hardware list only because it is showing what display is supported in the game, not necessarily currently colorized. As you can see Batman Forever and Maverick are listed for the XLED, but color is not yet supported for those games, just as Party Zone and all other games not yet colorized that currently have Sigma support.
Since Sigma is not yet supported for Gottlieb games, those are not currently on the hardware supported list.

Ah...thanks for clarity....

1 month later
#4306 4 years ago

Past several releases had only one hint and were announced about week after the single hint.
Here is hoping for the announcement by Wednesday.

Got email announcement this morning....Party Zone....Congrats to people that have that one!!!

2 months later
#4320 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Quite around here. Must be time for KISS.

Agreed...Not a broken record or being disrespectful, but I really hope you're right...

1 week later
#4335 4 years ago

Was just wondering if we will see KISS before 2020.
Maybe it will be a Kissmas present?

I want KISS just as bad as anyone...only game I have without color, SIGMA already installed...would look amazing colorized, imho. Some reason, I think it's become a 4 letter word, as it's almost like some of the developers get mad when it's brought up....not sure why.

Grateful for the ones that have been done, and hopefully, KISS earns the attention, someday.

1 month later
#4368 4 years ago

Big things coming in 2020, I bet.

Maybe 2020 is KISS 's year....

#4370 4 years ago

Now that would be just bad ass.

Agree big time...

#4372 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Even though I no longer own one, I'd love to see Mustang's dots finally get colorized!

Man, I thought you loved your Mustang!!!....still a great lineup that I see though.....

1 week later
#4386 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

VERY clearly KISS...[quoted image]

Made my day, lol!!

#4392 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

[quoted image]

Props for Chris, and entire ColorDMD team actually.......1 game left for me

2 weeks later
#4405 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Definitely a Gene Simmons reference. Finally, KISS.[quoted image]

Too funny!!!

#4406 4 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Colordmd in my Kiss for a year. Finally!

You're not alone by a mile, but highly doubt this is the game that's getting colorized...

3 weeks later
#4453 4 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Every game I have besides Kiss is colored. Can’t wait since Kiss is actually my favorite game.

Had a Sigma in mine for awhile... anxiously waiting and hoping for someday

#4456 4 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

What mode do you guys have your KISS set on? The numbers and text look great on HiRes but the animations dont look so great. I switched it to dots XL for now.

I'm a HiRes guy, but yes, all the animations suffer in that mode. Staying with it for now, but suspect XL dots will be best...( I bounce back and forth on my SM and IM for the same reason)

3 months later
#4508 3 years ago

Almost 2 months w no news.....a bump for any rumor on KISS ever getting visited or not?

Would be a shame if this platform didn't make it to this title...

#4510 3 years ago

All you need is patience......

fortunately, that I have plenty of....( a requirement in this hobby for survival)

#4512 3 years ago

I am sure ot will get done. I can't imagine the difficulty this one brings with the concert clips.

True...I've switched through several colors on my Sigma in the meantime...the machine is so vibrant to start with...I think the colored display will look like it belonged from the start ( as many of them do)..

#4514 3 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Hey Mark! Do you have the LCD or LED? I have the LCD and not 100% sure I'm sold on it. I wish it was brighter, especially with the blues. I do love the fact its recessed in the panel so I have zero reflection on the playfield.

sorry....finally got a haircut today!!

I use LCD in all my games...tried an LED in Tron...looked cool...better blacks, but I'm still mostly a HIRES guy, so I'm just used to the LCD

1 month later
#4527 3 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

100...well Kiss has a song called 100,000 years so it must be Kiss.
Yeah it’s a stretch but wishful thinking.

I'll wish/ hope as well...

#4552 3 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

DE Batman?
“Ever dance with the devil in the pale moon light?”
If so, this will be the first mini-DMD game colorized!

That seems like a spot on guess!!

My hope for KISS will continue...

#4561 3 years ago

Very nice!! This is from the email announcement. "The color ROM for Batman is complete and will be available at time of release. Work is currently in progress on the four remaining titles, with the target to provide support for all titles in 2020." That is huge news!
[quoted image]

Congrats to owners...

#4562 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Kiss fans be like:[quoted image]

I like the game way too much (especially after the code drop) to ever get rid of it.

Nothing I want more for the game than it to be colorized, but sort of "is what it is" I suppose at this point.

Talking with another Pinsider last night....this hobby can certainly be weird at times. Can't apply alot of logic to the equation (maybe other hobbies are the same)....

#4568 3 years ago

I bet it gets released before Kiss.

Agreed...just which I knew why. Did it get " blacklisted" for some reason? Just speculating....I get the animated " concert footage" clips, but other games have those as well. Gotta be something else.

#4573 3 years ago

No. I believe they want it released as bad as you do. If the concert footage cannot be colored, then it will not get released. All or nothing.
Remember GOT took 3 years. GB took 2 years with more than usual number on the team to get that one done.
I look forward to seeing it get released.

I hope you are right. Randy has always been straight and a first class guy on business w these things. I remember the first runs, when TZ felt like it had been passed over. I had reached out back then, and he conveyed there was some complexity they were working on which took more time. Eventually, it came.

Just a weird vibe for me around Kiss, almost like it's a black sheep or something (hoping I'm way wrong). Sort of dislike even implying that I'm anxious for it's release anymore (never had that on any prior title). There have definitely been other releases w movie clips in them...maybe that concert footage is indeed different....maybe the volunteer coders (who are amazing, btw) just don't like or have the desire to do this one. IDK...probably over thinking it...

Respect Randy, all the people involved, and the company regardless, as their product is truly a game changer for me....

1 month later
#4677 3 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Yay, my turn for a left-field KISS guess;
- Engima is a song by William *Kiss*
- The image is an atomic diagram of the 23rd element, Vanadium. Vanadium is described as a *soft metal*...
Maybe?
Please?

Bravo!!!! I have no idea what this clue means, but if you were right...much rejoicing by many!!!!

1 month later
#4735 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I've colored 3 games for colorDMD and it's a lot of work. Even more work for the later Sterns which have a lot more animations and complex transitions between scenes than earlier games.
You arent doing it for the relatively small amount of money you recieve. You are doing it because you love the game enough to put in the many months (sometimes years) of work needed to get it done.
I think the only reason KISS hasn't been done yet is because someone who has access to and loves the game enough to put in the time hasn't committed to doing it. It's as simple as that.

This ^^^^

Count me in if there is a way to help fund the right person to like it enough to color it. A great game, and just looks sad compared to all the other colored titles around it......

I guess KISS is as polarizing in pinball as it was to the R&R HoF......is what it is....

8 months later
#4857 2 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Kiss…finally!

Please, please!!!

#4862 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Dont feel like this is going to be Kiss.

Sadly forgot about Playboy and agree w you....KISS would look so freakin good but is what it is...

3 months later
#4883 2 years ago

Congrats to all who own this title...no good guess from me....1 and done for my lineup....someday...maybe

#4885 2 years ago

Not even?
[quoted image]

Wait!! You could be on to something.....

#4888 2 years ago

I think KISS is on the other end of that Stargate.

Lol...too funny!!! Now you're toying w me... it's ok..I just change colors on my Sigma every now and then... ....the game is really picking up steam though , so maybe somebody, someday....until then, we wait

#4892 2 years ago

Looks like we have 3 contenders on this one ... Stargate, Kiss and X-Files.

Cold you are!!

#4894 2 years ago

Not as much as me!!! It's so hard to imagine a game that has become this popular be passed...

Arguably the most perfect theme, band, etc. to be colorized.....possibly go down in ColorDMD folklore lol...

#4902 2 years ago

No. I'm warm today. It was 80 in Houston today.

But your heart?....ice, I say...

#4904 2 years ago

Someone linked to the Kiss "Outta This World" song to the hint on the ColorDMD Facebook page. Does that give you hope?

Nah, but does add to the legitimate query as to how they've been banned from ColorDMD land, lol ...so many Pinheads after this one, and the passion is obvious.

Perception not reality unfortunately...I like seeing the new titles, but just don't see KISS ever being one of them. Sad, but is what it is I guess.

#4908 2 years ago

I see it getting done. That concert footage has to be slowing down that release.

Have greatly enjoyed and appreciated Randy and teams efforts on possibly the best mod on a machine. Truly "game changing" for me.

Poking fun w PinballManiac40 is just fun to pass the time....

Don't take any of my comments in a negative light....just being realistic as to possible reasons on why the title has been passed over.

Uneducated view tells me the movie clips are of equal complexity (could be way wrong) SM/ IM great examples, maybe snipets from actual movies were referenced as opposed to unobtanium concert footage (?) Would guess there are crazy amounts of similar scenes to reference.

Recall TZ having some complexity which caused a delay, but this one has far exceeded that timeline wise.

I have nothing but good speak about the product and everyone involved....KISS?..I'll live with "believing it when I see it" as perception (just mine) is there could be something else holding it back.

Happy for all the titles that have been/ getting done, don't realize how good something is if you've never experienced it.....

#4916 2 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Congrats Stargate owners and, for that matter, all Gottlieb DMD owners! This is huge news!

Ditto!! Congrats to owners!!

4 weeks later
#4932 2 years ago

I saw the hints, got excited, then realized I'll be congratulating others....on we go...

#4938 2 years ago

Congrats Wipeout owners!!!! Seems Gottlieb games are next for love....

2 weeks later
#4952 2 years ago

Been on the radar a long time...best guess is it's a labor of love to color one of these games, regardless of the title.

For whatever reason, the stars haven't aligned for KISS ( colorizer + game + desire).

The game is far too good to pass over, and would possibly benefit more than many, many other prior releases w color....

I don't give up...just stare at my monochrome Sigma and sigh when I play .....

Here's to hoping!!

#4955 2 years ago

Keep hoping!! Did you not notice who made this comment?
[quoted image]

Oh yes, yes I did!!!...

#4957 2 years ago

Why no thumbs up for that post?

Crap...just caught that...fixed...( I was in shock when he posted I guess)....would give 10, but can only do 1.

3 months later
#4995 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

If they are following the wordle rules the second letter of the word is an "i" and the fourth letter is an "s". The letters "b,a,m,l,f,p,t,d,o" are not n the word at all. The first letter is not an "s" but could be an "i. The third letter is not an "i" but it could be an "s".
With those constraints thes words would fit:
Gigs, gins, hiss, jigs, kiss, rigs, wigs, wins, wizs, zigs

Wait a minute...if Doc can get KISS out of that thing, then there might be something to it!!! I will convince myself it is, then my usual bourbon Friday if it's not regardless...please, please let it be so!!!!

#5014 2 years ago

Yeah, yeah!
Its April 1st but this ain't no fooling time [quoted image]

Wait, what!!!! Just saw this.....easily the best announcement ever ( quantified with " in recent memory") !!. Blows anything away that I heard about from TPF...man, cannot wait to get in Pinball land later today to catch up..... This title just NEEDED it!!...thank you!!!!

#5016 2 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

There's no fool like an April fool.
Those images are just mock-ups.

Cruel you are.....don't put that in my head, lol....

#5021 2 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

I've had a color unit running for years in Kiss just in white, can't wait!

Ditto!!

#5026 2 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

This is a great option….foam gaskets deteriorate over time. I may get the actual gasket but get one printed too as it will probably never need replacing unless the plastic gets brittle…won’t happen in my lifetime most likely. Thanks for sharing!

Saw me Ccd in this....think the 3d print spacer might be a great other choice, I use @pinmonks gaskets in all my games that need one.(+1 referred to post of having the display already).

Never problems w deterioration ( not in the remainder of my life Id imagine) and like the 100% light " lockout" as it forms to screen edge.

Think I'll have to clean my KISS playfield and give it the once over, in preparation of the big event..

#5037 2 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

COLORDMD PREVIEW FOR KISS PINBALL MACHINES!
KISS is the 119th game to be supported on the ColorDMD multicolor pinball display platform. The color ROM for KISS is targeted for release on April 6, 2022!
ColorDMD also celebrates our 10th anniversary from the release of Attack From Mars on April 6, 2012!

Wow!!!!! Thank you!!!! very, very excited...looks great!!

#5061 2 years ago

Finally....time tonight to dowload and install....major excitement!!!!

#5065 2 years ago

Smooth load, looks amazing!! Huge thanks to Randy and team to finally bring this amazing title to life with a true "must have" mod.

The Pinball universe is now spinning on axis again. Really do appreciate everyone that put the time and effort into this...THANK YOU!!!!

Will spend quality time on the game this weekend to enjoy the show!! ......mark

1 week later
#5070 2 years ago

Another huge thank you to Randy and team for doing such a great job ( and putting up w my whining while I waited, lol).

Definitely fits this game so well.....played a bunch last night and the screen now looks as it should. COLOR!!! ( dots xl on this one for me big time)

Well worth the wait!!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MK6PIN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/color-dmd-hint?tu=MK6PIN and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.