CCC4C131-2F30-4BF2-9BEE-569B32098D9C (resized).jpeg
6B369A0B-83D4-465D-B1E9-45E9C42AC611 (resized).jpeg
09177252-89B6-4998-A1E8-979F6A9153C0 (resized).jpeg
20200426_124722 - Copy (resized).jpg
20200426_124802 - Copy (resized).jpg
20200426_131522 - Copy (resized).jpg
95CA7F01-71E2-414C-A673-62F4DA8FFBA7.jpeg
2B9DFEFF-CB61-4E50-894D-CBF498288786.jpeg
There are 5,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 103.
#4901 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Cold you are!!

No. I'm warm today. It was 80 in Houston today.

#4902 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

No. I'm warm today. It was 80 in Houston today.

But your heart?....ice, I say...

#4903 2 years ago

Someone linked to the Kiss "Outta This World" song to the hint on the ColorDMD Facebook page. Does that give you hope?

#4904 2 years ago

Someone linked to the Kiss "Outta This World" song to the hint on the ColorDMD Facebook page. Does that give you hope?

Nah, but does add to the legitimate query as to how they've been banned from ColorDMD land, lol ...so many Pinheads after this one, and the passion is obvious.

Perception not reality unfortunately...I like seeing the new titles, but just don't see KISS ever being one of them. Sad, but is what it is I guess.

#4905 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Perception not reality unfortunately...I like seeing the new titles, but just don't see KISS ever being one of them. Sad, but is what it is I guess.

I see it getting done. That concert footage has to be slowing down that release.

#4906 2 years ago

I want Kiss to be done as do many others. They have teased us with plenty of clues to troll us it could be Kiss. I am confident it will happen one day when I least expect it.

There are lots of reasons this one has not been done. Complicated dots/animations to colorize. Lack of concert footage means LOTS of guess work on the colors. I am pretty sure most everyone would be happy if they get it close enough and it will be fine. Comments from others that have colorized other titles have said it’s doable but will be a challenge. It’s just a matter of someone willing to commit the time/effort. That’s a lot to ask for as it will be a ton of work but it will look so good…

#4907 2 years ago

Back to the clue, I get the thinking that “Out of this world” could mean X Files or Stargate or it could be a reference to “Star Child” Paul Stanley.

But thinking outside the lines, if Stargate is possible, maybe Al’s Garage Band is as well? It also could be Heavy Metal, Gladiators or Waterworld.

But for the record, I hope it’s Kiss.

#4908 2 years ago

I see it getting done. That concert footage has to be slowing down that release.

Have greatly enjoyed and appreciated Randy and teams efforts on possibly the best mod on a machine. Truly "game changing" for me.

Poking fun w PinballManiac40 is just fun to pass the time....

Don't take any of my comments in a negative light....just being realistic as to possible reasons on why the title has been passed over.

Uneducated view tells me the movie clips are of equal complexity (could be way wrong) SM/ IM great examples, maybe snipets from actual movies were referenced as opposed to unobtanium concert footage (?) Would guess there are crazy amounts of similar scenes to reference.

Recall TZ having some complexity which caused a delay, but this one has far exceeded that timeline wise.

I have nothing but good speak about the product and everyone involved....KISS?..I'll live with "believing it when I see it" as perception (just mine) is there could be something else holding it back.

Happy for all the titles that have been/ getting done, don't realize how good something is if you've never experienced it.....

#4909 2 years ago

Ha! It’s easy to take comments the wrong way/personal on a forum. I am sure IRL most of us would have good conversations and enjoy all the joking and busting each other’s balls.

PinballManiac40 is one of the nicest and helpful persons you will ever meet in the hobby. He can take a joke and dish it out too…..don’t let his mild manner fool ya!

Time for the next clue or reveal!

#4910 2 years ago

Stargate!!

https://mailchi.mp/5e7c22108959/game-113-is-out-of-this-world?fbclid=IwAR0MReenJ2CUGzSG2hTcS7xQjSUV8qBpvF1doNV57-Fp8g35lm0fSub7q7o

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4911 2 years ago

Woo Hoo! Fantastic News!

#4912 2 years ago

This is worth mentioning again.

#4913 2 years ago

Congrats Stargate owners and, for that matter, all Gottlieb DMD owners! This is huge news!

#4914 2 years ago

Awesome! Can't wait to see all the Gottlieb Pins colored! CBW!

#4915 2 years ago

Well I said if they made it I would buy my first. Color DMD. So I guess I need to save up to buy one for all 7 of my games.

#4916 2 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Congrats Stargate owners and, for that matter, all Gottlieb DMD owners! This is huge news!

Ditto!! Congrats to owners!!

#4917 2 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

That it is. Looks like Waterworld has a chance to get done before Kiss.

#4918 2 years ago

Please don't forget you will need to remove the red tint/paint on the speaker panel to make this work!

#4919 2 years ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

Please don't forget you will need to remove the red tint/paint on the speaker panel to make this work!

As shown in post #4912.

Thank you for colorizing this one!! Looking forward to seeing it in action. We will have at least one Stargate at the Houston Arcade Expo!

#4920 2 years ago

Looking forward to Big Hurt.

#4921 2 years ago

As shown in post #4912.
Thank you for colorizing this one!! Looking forward to seeing it in action. We will have at least one Stargate at the Houston Arcade Expo!

You better get your game running!!

#4922 2 years ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

You better get your game running!!

I do, but there actually will be 2 Stargate's there!! One will be in tournament play and one for the public to play, so that one will get a ColorDMD!

#4923 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Well I said if they made it I would buy my first. Color DMD. So I guess I need to save up to buy one for all 7 of my games.

You have 7 Stargates?!! Or, are you buying one to share between your seven games?

#4924 2 years ago

Congrats ColorDMD for figuring out the Gottlieb games. Stargate is the perfect game to start with.

3 weeks later
#4925 2 years ago

New clue!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4926 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

New clue!
[quoted image]

Finally Kiss.

#4927 2 years ago

Wipe Out! I knew I should have bought that beat up one at York.

#4928 2 years ago

Only thing I can think of is Water World or Wipe Out.

#4929 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Only thing I can think of is Water World or Wipe Out.

I like those guesses. Now that the Gottlieb has been cracked, the floodgates are open (pun intended).

#4930 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

New clue!
[quoted image]

So...curl=weightlifting=Wrestlemania?

#4931 2 years ago

Its any title you can possibly imagine other than KISS.

#4932 2 years ago

I saw the hints, got excited, then realized I'll be congratulating others....on we go...

#4935 2 years ago

Should be soon.

#4936 2 years ago

Wipe Out has been announced by ColorDMD.

#4937 2 years ago

Congrats, Wipeout owners!

Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 8.39.48 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-11-15 at 8.39.48 AM (resized).png

#4938 2 years ago

Congrats Wipeout owners!!!! Seems Gottlieb games are next for love....

#4939 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Congrats Wipeout owners!!!! Seems Gottlieb games are next for love....

I suspect they’re a lot easier to colorize. Many have simpler animations and fewer graphics in general.

#4940 2 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

I suspect they’re a lot easier to colorize. Many have simpler animations and fewer graphics in general.

As the guy who colored Stargate and wipeout, I'm going to disagree with the easier part

New methods and tools were developed to tackle some of the problems. Wipeout took me forever as I had to hand color all the video frames in that one.

#4941 2 years ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

As the guy who colored Stargate and wipeout, I'm going to disagree with the easier part
New methods and tools were developed to tackle some of the problems. Wipeout took me forever as I had to hand color all the video frames in that one.

Thank you for the clarification. You did great work!

#4942 2 years ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

Wipeout took me forever as I had to hand color all the video frames in that one.

Sounds like a whole lot of work. That must have wiped you out.

#4943 2 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Thank you for the clarification. You did great work!

Thanks!

Quoted from littlecammi:

Sounds like a whole lot of work. That must have wiped you out.

Haha, Indeed!

#4944 2 years ago

Stargate?! System 3s???? I am in love!!! Cant wait!

2 weeks later
#4945 2 years ago

I am actually believing Kiss is dead. Sad moment but it must be very difficult if not impossible if it is not done by now.

#4946 2 years ago

Hoping not, running a color dmd in mine in white. IJ4 got done quite well with the movie scenes, I still keep thinking it'll come.

#4947 2 years ago

Im so frustrated that KISS hasn't been done yet. I keep forgetting to drain this thread. I must be a sucker for punishment.

#4948 2 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Im so frustrated that KISS hasn't been done yet. I keep forgetting to drain this thread. I must be a sucker for punishment.

Hang in there Thunder God

#4949 2 years ago

Omg......hope!!!

#4950 2 years ago

I will be purchasing yet another ColorDMD if/when KISS is offered.

There are 5,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/color-dmd-hint/page/99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.