CCC4C131-2F30-4BF2-9BEE-569B32098D9C (resized).jpeg
6B369A0B-83D4-465D-B1E9-45E9C42AC611 (resized).jpeg
09177252-89B6-4998-A1E8-979F6A9153C0 (resized).jpeg
20200426_124722 - Copy (resized).jpg
20200426_124802 - Copy (resized).jpg
20200426_131522 - Copy (resized).jpg
95CA7F01-71E2-414C-A673-62F4DA8FFBA7.jpeg
2B9DFEFF-CB61-4E50-894D-CBF498288786.jpeg
There are 5,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 103.
#4701 3 years ago

I'm guessing Cue ball Wizard

#4702 3 years ago

Twister is a solid guess.

The only baseball theme on the board is Big Hurt and it would be huge news if they cracked the Gottlieb code.

#4703 3 years ago

Play Ball = Play Boy.
Playboy it is.
Nailed it.

#4704 3 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

I'm guessing Cue ball Wizard

That would be awesome! My guess is Big Hurt even if it's obvious.

#4705 3 years ago

Data East Star Trek.

17e853ba8a3bca3cf74d1dd283b0c45b--pretzels-star-trek (resized).jpg17e853ba8a3bca3cf74d1dd283b0c45b--pretzels-star-trek (resized).jpg

#4706 3 years ago

Data East TMNT

TMNT (resized).jpgTMNT (resized).jpg
#4707 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

Data East Star Trek.

At much as I want it to be this... Randy like to Torture me... so he'll make me wait until Dec 31 2020 for that title.
That said; I have my 128x16 ColorDMD LED installed; and ready for the color dots mode.

I'm thinking it may not be a 128x16; but something else.

#4708 3 years ago

Frank Thomas Big Hurt?

#4709 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I'm thinking it may not be a 128x16; but something else.

It does seem likely to be a 128X32 title.

#4710 3 years ago

Sitting in baseline seats, not the outfield -> Infield -> Infield party -> NASCAR

#4711 3 years ago

It's a ball PARK. Pretzels make people JOLLY. Jolly Park, YES!!!

#4712 3 years ago

Trying to download color code, is the colordmd site down?

#4713 3 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Working fine for me.

#4715 3 years ago

Support page was down, but it is back up now. Open a new web browser page and try again.

Probably was prepping for the newest release coming soon.

#4716 3 years ago

Need to add Heavy Metal to list of games that need colored.

#4717 3 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Need to add Heavy Metal to list of games that need colored.

Done.

#4718 3 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

During our annual renewal, our hosting service made changes that created intermittent problems connecting to the colordmd.com domain. We believe these issues are now resolved.

If you continue to experience difficulties connecting to the site, please let us know.

#4719 3 years ago

All good, got the Ghostbusters pro upgraded & it’s a huuuge upgrade. Thanks!!

#4723 3 years ago

It must be next..... right?

#4724 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

It must be next..... right?

Doubtful. Ive just about given up on that title.

#4725 3 years ago

Someone forward me a discount code for ColorDMD.

#4726 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Someone forward me a discount code for ColorDMD.

Buy 3 Free Shipping. You check Amazon?

#4727 3 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Doubtful. Ive just about given up on that title.

There must be a reason it's being skipped over...

#4728 3 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Because when it finally gets done, it's going to be awesome!

I hope/think it's taking a long time because it's a tricky, time consuming conversion.

#4729 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Because when it finally gets done, it's going to be awesome!
I hope/think it's taking a long time because it's a tricky, time consuming conversion.

I am sure it’s not an easy one to do. But I am sure they want to do it cause they will sell a bunch. I have faith it will get done eventually.

#4730 3 years ago

KISS!!!!
are they just holding back on purpose?
What’s the deal?

#4731 3 years ago

Well that sure put a twist on things.

#4732 3 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

The concert footage makes it challenging. Everything else is run-of-the-mill stuff.

#4733 3 years ago

You can tell what costumes they're wearing. There are tons of photos and tourbooks to reference colors and stages. What little concert footage Stern used Ive seen in video releases. All concert crowds look the same. Just get the costume colors and makeup correct. Everything else can just be improvised. I just don't get it. I think ColorDMD is enjoying the hype we're creating around their product and want to ride it out as long as possible. It's a fantastic mod-it doesnt need more hype.

#4734 3 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

I've colored 3 games for colorDMD and it's a lot of work. Even more work for the later Sterns which have a lot more animations and complex transitions between scenes than earlier games.

You arent doing it for the relatively small amount of money you recieve. You are doing it because you love the game enough to put in the many months (sometimes years) of work needed to get it done.

I think the only reason KISS hasn't been done yet is because someone who has access to and loves the game enough to put in the time hasn't committed to doing it. It's as simple as that.

#4735 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I've colored 3 games for colorDMD and it's a lot of work. Even more work for the later Sterns which have a lot more animations and complex transitions between scenes than earlier games.
You arent doing it for the relatively small amount of money you recieve. You are doing it because you love the game enough to put in the many months (sometimes years) of work needed to get it done.
I think the only reason KISS hasn't been done yet is because someone who has access to and loves the game enough to put in the time hasn't committed to doing it. It's as simple as that.

This ^^^^

Count me in if there is a way to help fund the right person to like it enough to color it. A great game, and just looks sad compared to all the other colored titles around it......

I guess KISS is as polarizing in pinball as it was to the R&R HoF......is what it is....

#4736 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

So, is KISS your 4th, and how much longer?

All kidding aside. Guys like you, Eric, Chris
( there are so many more forgive me).
You all make Colordmd great and we can't Thank You enough.

#4737 3 years ago

As mentioned many times before, Kiss is a tough one due to the concert video sequences. The problem is finding the video footage. The exact! video footage. Hand coloring frames is NOT fun. I had to do a few in Game of thrones where Stern made some custom videos using bits of several clips. Blah.

The rest doesn't look too bad really.(That's going to haunt me I know it) Randy has been updating the colorDMD tool box for coloring and the editor can handle more dynamic scenes with some puzzle solving. I see some digital rendered stuff as well as I watch videos of game play. Doable, but time consuming.

If someone loaned me a machine AND had all the video source material I'd probably color it. I do like challenges.

#4738 3 years ago

As a Kiss fan, replacing any of the concert video with similar, older (original band) would be amazing - wish I could help - it would be a game changing upgrade

#4739 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Screenshot_20201014-212950_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201014-212950_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#4740 3 years ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

As mentioned many times before, Kiss is a tough one due to the concert video sequences. The problem is finding the video footage. The exact! video footage. Hand coloring frames is NOT fun. I had to do a few in Game of thrones where Stern made some custom videos using bits of several clips. Blah.
The rest doesn't look too bad really.(That's going to haunt me I know it) Randy has been updating the colorDMD tool box for coloring and the editor can handle more dynamic scenes with some puzzle solving. I see some digital rendered stuff as well as I watch videos of game play. Doable, but time consuming.
If someone loaned me a machine AND had all the video source material I'd probably color it. I do like challenges.

3 titles under my belt with ColorDMD and soon to be 4 (Sorry not Kiss)... Finding the exact footage at the exact point in that footage for Elvis was a pain in the ass... The only way KISS is getting done is if someone is able to get someone at Stern to share exact footage that was used. I don’t see it ever getting done unless that happens... Someone make that happen and you’ll have KISS in color! It on you guys now!

#4741 3 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

As a Kiss fan, replacing any of the concert video with similar, older (original band) would be amazing - wish I could help - it would be a game changing upgrade

Putting in replacement footage is a no no due to rights issues. They can only overlay color onto the existing dots footage.

#4742 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Putting in replacement footage is a no no due to rights issues. They can only overlay color onto the existing dots footage.

Bummer. Thanks for the info!

#4743 3 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

The only way KISS is getting done is if someone is able to get someone at Stern to share exact footage that was used. I don’t see it ever getting done unless that happens..

There is a whole lot of complete logic there. Can't argue any point - esp getting Stern to share. It'd have to be a coupe at Stern and they'd want to charge for it.

#4744 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

There is a whole lot of complete logic there. Can't argue any point - esp getting Stern to share. It'd have to be a coupe at Stern and they'd want to charge for it.

You would think Stern would be on board as it makes THEIR games look so much better, for zero cost!

#4745 3 years ago

I would be happy with everything but the concert footage colorized or different monochrome colors for those sequences.
Then a possible update in full color if they ever find the footage.

#4746 3 years ago

You don't need the concert footage to colorize what's there. AC/DC had a little bit and it was colorized.

It's ok for the gent in charge of colorizing KISS it to interpret as he sees fit.

I am by no means saying this will be easy. I'm just not buying the "must have the exact footage" argument.

#4747 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

You don't need the concert footage to colorize what's there. AC/DC had a little bit and it was colorized.
It's ok for the gent in charge of colorizing KISS it to interpret as he sees fit.
I am by no means saying this will be easy. I'm just not buying the "must have the exact footage" argument.

All of the people who have colored games (me included) are telling you that if you want it to look good, you need the video, because the alternative is a damn nightmare to do. But sure, we’re all wrong.

#4748 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

All of the people who have colored games (me included) are telling you that if you want it to look good, you need the video, because the alternative is a damn nightmare to do. But sure, we’re all wrong.

I guess you missed the part where I reiterated that it would not be easy.

1 week later
#4749 3 years ago

Just some speculation here. If you look at when the first DE 128x16 was released, every other announcement has been another H-LED title. So, I bet the next release will be DE ST or DE TMNT. There is a trend there, I'll tell ya. I hope that continues.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4750 3 years ago

New Clue !

E6ABA14A-761D-40BD-9825-AB56CDF2737B (resized).jpegE6ABA14A-761D-40BD-9825-AB56CDF2737B (resized).jpeg
There are 5,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/color-dmd-hint/page/95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.