New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 150879)

Color DMD Hints

By TopMoose

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,766 posts
  • 426 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by PinballManiac40
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 544 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 9.26.26 AM (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
E6ABA14A-761D-40BD-9825-AB56CDF2737B (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20201014-212950_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201012-231637_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
TMNT (resized).jpg
17e853ba8a3bca3cf74d1dd283b0c45b--pretzels-star-trek (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 8.37.35 AM (resized).png
Screenshot_20200913-211041_Yahoo Mail (resized).jpg
20200913_145102 (resized).jpg
20200913_145131 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200831-070424_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg

There are 4766 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 96.
#4651 61 days ago

Shouts to all my Lost Boys.
3:23

#4652 60 days ago

Tik Tok sounds like a clock so 24 is next!

#4653 60 days ago

Tik tok was the sound of the clock The alligator swallowed. Forgot about that. The mustache and reference to Lost boys.
It Hook.
My daughter used to love watching this movie. Think I need to go dig it out and watch it tonight.

#4654 60 days ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Tik tok was the sound of the clock The alligator swallowed. Forgot about that.

rps20200829_234311 (resized).jpg
#4655 60 days ago

Hi All,

I am buying my first Color DMD for GOT and in the cart it talks about the metal installation kit. Do I need this kit? The only mod I have in that area will be dougs lighted speakers.

Thanks for the help.

#4656 60 days ago
Quoted from EightBallTexas:

Hi All,
I am buying my first Color DMD for GOT and in the cart it talks about the metal installation kit. Do I need this kit? The only mod I have in that area will be dougs lighted speakers.
Thanks for the help.

Yes you need this kit. If you're buying the LCD make sure you also buy the foam gasket. Makes a Huge improvement.

#4657 59 days ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Yes you need this kit. If you're buying the LCD make sure you also buy the foam gasket. Makes a Huge improvement.

Foam gasket is the add on kit for $24.00?

#4658 59 days ago

Foam gasket is the add on kit for $24.00?

Here is the link for the foam gasket. It's on the accessories page.
http://shop.colordmd.com/lcd-foam-gasket-stretch-fit/

#4659 59 days ago
Quoted from dug:

Here is the link for the foam gasket. It's on the accessories page.
http://shop.colordmd.com/lcd-foam-gasket-stretch-fit/

Ahhh.....thanks guys...will order it now.

Have a great day.

#4660 59 days ago

The foam gasket is optional for LCD displays only. You do not need it for LED displays. The LCD panels sit back farther away from the front panel. The gasket fills that gap. It creates a nice seal and prevents dust from getting on the inside of the clear shield. Its highly recommended if you have speaker lights. Without the gasket you'll see the light from your speaker lights on the edges of the display.

#4661 59 days ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

The foam gasket is optional for LCD displays only. You do not need it for LED displays. The LCD panels sit back farther away from the front panel. The gasket fills that gap. It creates a nice seal and prevents dust from getting on the inside of the clear shield. Its highly recommended if you have speaker lights. Without the gasket you'll see the light from your speaker lights on the edges of the display.

thundergod76 TYTY.

Getting excited.....I like buying, playing and modding in this hobby. I was able to find some cool banners that will attach to a L bracket and will look great.

#4662 59 days ago

Hook

#4663 59 days ago

Ahhh.....thanks guys...will order it now.
Have a great day.

If you want to see how that gasket game to be, the development thread from a couple years ago is here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-gasket-for-angled-stern-speaker-panels

#4664 59 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

If you want to see how that gasket game to be, the development thread from a couple years ago is here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-gasket-for-angled-stern-speaker-panels

Sup Pin....love your fans brother...Thanks for the link.

#4665 59 days ago

Sup Pin....love your fans brother...Thanks for the link.

Thanks for the support!

1 week later
#4667 47 days ago

#4668 47 days ago

Big Buck Hunter

#4669 47 days ago

Enigma machine
German cipher machine

Encryption = 24

#4670 47 days ago

23 is Michael Jordan’s number...Space Jam?

Maybe “Enigma“ could indicate X-Files?

#4672 47 days ago

Yay, my turn for a left-field KISS guess;

- Engima is a song by William *Kiss*
- The image is an atomic diagram of the 23rd element, Vanadium. Vanadium is described as a *soft metal*...

Maybe?
Please?

#4673 47 days ago

Stargate! Paving the way for CBW!

#4674 47 days ago

Germans had Enigma machines.

Kirk fought Nazis.

Star Trek takes place in the 23rd century.

Star Trek.

#4675 47 days ago
Quoted from RobF:

- The image is an atomic diagram of the 23rd element, Vanadium. Vanadium is described as a *soft metal*...
Maybe?
Please?

This is the most optimistic I've felt for KISS yet!

#4676 47 days ago
Quoted from RobF:

Had to google William Kiss. Could it really be? It would be the highlight of this dumpster fire year of 2020. It’s a legit guess for sure.

Please?

#4677 47 days ago
Quoted from RobF:

Maybe?
Please?

Bravo!!!! I have no idea what this clue means, but if you were right...much rejoicing by many!!!!

#4678 45 days ago

I tried updating the color Rom and now the display won't light up at all. Only lit light is INIT.

This was my second thumb drive. 1st one wouldn't do anything.

#4679 45 days ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

I tried updating the color Rom and now the display won't light up at all. Only lit light is INIT.
This was my second thumb drive. 1st one wouldn't do anything.

What game? Is this the new Chroma display? If so, did you update from the Chroma ROM list? Make sure it is on the USB drive at chroma.rom, not as chroma(1).rom

Updating the displays seems to go eaiser by turning on the game, inserting the USB drive, then updating the display.

#4680 45 days ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

What game? Is this the new Chroma display? If so, did you update from the Chroma ROM list? Make sure it is on the USB drive at chroma.rom, not as chroma(1).rom
Updating the displays seems to go eaiser by turning on the game, inserting the USB drive, then updating the display.

I finally got it with my 3rd jump drive. Unfortunately I will need a replacement as mine has a wonky display. Left panel is separated from the other 2 and misaligned. Also is has 2 bad LEDS. This sucks.

20200913_145102 (resized).jpg20200913_145131 (resized).jpg
#4681 45 days ago

Just wanted to say Randy has been very helpful in getting this resolved for me and on a Sunday! Top notch customer service. He has offered to replace my display. I will be putting ColorDMD in all my pins!

#4682 45 days ago

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

Screenshot_20200913-211041_Yahoo Mail (resized).jpg
#4683 45 days ago

Oh boy. My favorite.

#4684 45 days ago

Oh boy. My favorite.

Everything is better in color!

#4685 45 days ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Everything is better in color!

And this one looks to be quite colorful.

#4686 45 days ago

Oh boy. My favorite.

Be nice

1 week later
#4688 33 days ago
#4689 33 days ago

I imagine that was your guess for all of us who did not even know there was a new hint that was posted until now.

#4690 33 days ago

I need for everyone who may be considering their 1st ColorDMD purchase to know that this product is absolutely fantastic! I have the X-LED in my Maverick and I don't know what else to say except WOW! Amazing product that breathes new life into old favorites! I had a small issue with my original display and Randy took care of me ridiculously fast and my new display is perfect. Amazing product and exceptional customer service. I will be buying one for my Party Zone and for CBW once it is supported. Best mod on the market hands down!

#4691 33 days ago

I imagine that was guess for all of us who did not even though there were some of us that didn't realize a new hint was posted until now.

Haha...yeah. I jumped the gun on that one.

#4692 33 days ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

I will be buying one for my Party Zone and for CBW once it is supported.

Party Zone is supported, especially with the LED display. LCD has a mounting challenge. I beta tested the LED in this game and it looks pretty nice.

#4693 33 days ago

Party Zone is supported, especially with the LED display. LCD has a mounting challenge.

Oh yeah I know. It looks awesome. I guess that should have read...Party Zone once I have the money and CBW once it's supported.

#4695 32 days ago

I am sure liking this...release a new title every 2 weeks. September has been good so far.

#4696 32 days ago

If it is so, that would be game 3 of 5 HLED games done. Sweet!

#4697 30 days ago

Congrats Checkpoint owners!

Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 8.37.35 AM (resized).png

1 week later
#4698 19 days ago

#4699 19 days ago

If salty balls are in the mix, definitely KISS.

#4700 19 days ago

Twisted pretzel = Twister?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
€ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creo Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
There are 4766 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 96.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside