CCC4C131-2F30-4BF2-9BEE-569B32098D9C (resized).jpeg
6B369A0B-83D4-465D-B1E9-45E9C42AC611 (resized).jpeg
09177252-89B6-4998-A1E8-979F6A9153C0 (resized).jpeg
20200426_124722 - Copy (resized).jpg
20200426_124802 - Copy (resized).jpg
20200426_131522 - Copy (resized).jpg
95CA7F01-71E2-414C-A673-62F4DA8FFBA7.jpeg
2B9DFEFF-CB61-4E50-894D-CBF498288786.jpeg
There are 5,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 103.
#4551 3 years ago

2 Batman pins in a row...let's change genres shall we? How about Westerns? I vote Maverick.

#4552 3 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

DE Batman?
“Ever dance with the devil in the pale moon light?”
If so, this will be the first mini-DMD game colorized!

That seems like a spot on guess!!

My hope for KISS will continue...

#4553 3 years ago

Figured we would have a new clue or announcement by now.

#4554 3 years ago

Well, if it works out to be the DE Batman, then ColorDMD is probably trying to get the production line up and running before the announcement so they can ship at that time.

#4556 3 years ago

Very nice!! This is from the email announcement. "The color ROM for Batman is complete and will be available at time of release. Work is currently in progress on the four remaining titles, with the target to provide support for all titles in 2020." That is huge news!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4557 3 years ago

Congratulations ColorDMD on the DE Mini Displays!!!

#4558 3 years ago

Impressive! I'm surprised they required they original display ROM to be installed, I'm sure it was for copyright reasons though. They are certainly capable of including on on-board flash chip that stores the display info for all 5 games on it that could be selected as needed.

#4559 3 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Impressive! I'm surprised they required they original display ROM to be installed, I'm sure it was for copyright reasons though. They are certainly capable of including on on-board flash chip that stores the display info for all 5 games on it that could be selected as needed.

Also from the email announcement....

#4560 3 years ago

" Work is currently in progress on the four remaining titles, with the target to provide support for all titles in 2020."

Kiss fans be like:
tenor.giftenor.gif

#4561 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Very nice!! This is from the email announcement. "The color ROM for Batman is complete and will be available at time of release. Work is currently in progress on the four remaining titles, with the target to provide support for all titles in 2020." That is huge news!
[quoted image]

Congrats to owners...

#4562 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Kiss fans be like:[quoted image]

I like the game way too much (especially after the code drop) to ever get rid of it.

Nothing I want more for the game than it to be colorized, but sort of "is what it is" I suppose at this point.

Talking with another Pinsider last night....this hobby can certainly be weird at times. Can't apply alot of logic to the equation (maybe other hobbies are the same)....

#4563 3 years ago

So what about Maverick?

#4564 3 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

So what about Maverick?

Never was Maverick. So your wait starts again.

#4565 3 years ago

Never was Maverick. So your wait starts again.

Yeah I know. Interesting that the plan is to do all 5 small DMD pins in 4 months but Maverick is the last large DMD to be done. Hurts my feelings.

#4566 3 years ago

Yeah I know. Interesting that the plan is to do all 5 small DMD pins in 4 months but Maverick is the last large DMD to be done. Hurts my feelings.

Still a lot more weeks in the year. Guess we'll see how it goes. I bet it gets released before Kiss.

#4567 3 years ago

Still a lot more weeks in the year. Guess we'll see how it goes. I bet it gets released before Kiss.

I'd say that's a pretty safe bet...lol.

#4568 3 years ago

I bet it gets released before Kiss.

Agreed...just which I knew why. Did it get " blacklisted" for some reason? Just speculating....I get the animated " concert footage" clips, but other games have those as well. Gotta be something else.

#4569 3 years ago

No. I believe they want it released as bad as you do. If the concert footage cannot be colored, then it will not get released. All or nothing.

Remember GOT took 3 years. GB took 2 years with more than usual number on the team to get that one done.

I look forward to seeing it get released.

#4570 3 years ago

It would be nice if they just said that KISS is in the works with no release date. The secrecy in this hobby is really annoying at times.

#4571 3 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

It would be nice if they just said that KISS is in the works with no release date. The secrecy in this hobby is really annoying at times.

I'd say it's a safe bet they are aware KISS hasn't been colored yet. Also, it's not a matter of secrecy. It's called false hope and judging anticipation.
Let's say KISS is happening release date Dec 1st!!! The crowd goes crazy, many are happy, many are sad they have to wait. Then by some chance there is a delay in release. Then the pitch forks come out and everyone storms the castle.
So, in this case, silence is golden. I'm also pretty sure it will be the last game ever colored....(I'm Kidding)
Meanwhile Load up that Checkpoint, Tmnt, Simpson's, Batman, and Hook.

#4572 3 years ago

I think Kiss will get done but it’s a project. Lots of dots. Concert footage may not be readily available. But there are some good animators that can make educated guesses on the appropriate colors so I don’t think it’s a show stopper. I am sure all the old animations of the 90’s Bally/Williams games had little to no color to work from so animators played with colors and chose what looks best. But those by far are simple animations compared to Kiss. I am sure they have a plan to do it eventually but they would like to get it correct and not have to rework it. And much of of the coloring is done by people volunteer to do it and it is not their full time job. There have been some awesome people that have contributed. It’s a tedious process I am sure to color pixel by pixel and frame by frame.

But hands down color DMD is overall the best mod.

#4573 3 years ago

No. I believe they want it released as bad as you do. If the concert footage cannot be colored, then it will not get released. All or nothing.
Remember GOT took 3 years. GB took 2 years with more than usual number on the team to get that one done.
I look forward to seeing it get released.

I hope you are right. Randy has always been straight and a first class guy on business w these things. I remember the first runs, when TZ felt like it had been passed over. I had reached out back then, and he conveyed there was some complexity they were working on which took more time. Eventually, it came.

Just a weird vibe for me around Kiss, almost like it's a black sheep or something (hoping I'm way wrong). Sort of dislike even implying that I'm anxious for it's release anymore (never had that on any prior title). There have definitely been other releases w movie clips in them...maybe that concert footage is indeed different....maybe the volunteer coders (who are amazing, btw) just don't like or have the desire to do this one. IDK...probably over thinking it...

Respect Randy, all the people involved, and the company regardless, as their product is truly a game changer for me....

#4575 3 years ago

Congrats, Batman owners!

Screen Shot 2020-08-03 at 9.55.35 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-08-03 at 9.55.35 AM (resized).png

#4576 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I hope you are right. Randy has always been straight and a first class guy on business w these things. I remember the first runs, when TZ felt like it had been passed over. I had reached out back then, and he conveyed there was some complexity they were working on which took more time. Eventually, it came

Keep calm. I don't know of any DMD title that was ever stated "as easy to do".

I had my Sigma display in Pinball Magic and Stern Indinana Jones for over 2 years before those were released.

These are all colorized in people's free time. Keep that in mind too.

Kiss will happen, I have zero doubt. Someone is bound to want that coloring challenge.

#4577 3 years ago

Does anyone have a photo of the latest LED dmd when it’s turned off? Are the ends of the LEDs white, something I read a while back.

Got my 1st LCD by chance buying back a game I sold curious about grabbing an LED one to compare.

#4578 3 years ago

Well I've got no power, so turned off it is....

1596653207234273834322 (resized).jpg1596653207234273834322 (resized).jpg
#4579 3 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Well I've got no power, so turned off it is....
[quoted image]

Need some pictures of how you got it connected. Did F116 blow in the top left of the driver board?

#4580 3 years ago

Need some pictures of how you got it connected. Did F116 blow in the top left of the driver board?

Oh, my ColorDMD works fine. Just no power at the house due to a storm. Probably out til Sunday. The post above mine was a request for a pic of the LED DMD turned off. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

#4581 3 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Oh, my ColorDMD works fine. Just no power at the house due to a storm. Probably out til Sunday. The post above mine was a request for a pic of the LED DMD turned off. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Ok. A quote to what you were responding to would have been clear of what your post was about. All good.

Damn. Hope power returns sooner for you. When Hurricane Harvey hit Houston, some parts of Houston had power out for 2 weeks.

#4582 3 years ago

Damn. Hope power returns sooner for you. When Hurricane Harvey hit Houston, some parts of Houston had power out for 2 weeks.

Thanks! No flood = no complaints from me. . I do miss playing pinball. Not willing to run those off a generator. I guess an em wouldn't be much risk of damage.

#4583 3 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Thanks! No flood = no complaints from me. . I do miss playing pinball. Not willing to run those off a generator. I guess an em wouldn't be much risk of damage.

This is why I keep a pre-war game around. Signal Sr. runs on 6V batteries.

#4584 3 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

This is why I keep a pre-war game around. Signal Sr. runs on 6V batteries.

Did they make a ColorDMD for that one yet?

#4585 3 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Did they make a ColorDMD for that one yet?

No, but I might trick it out with Pinstadiums and under-cab lighting.

#4586 3 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

No, but I might trick it out with Pinstadiums and under-cab lighting.

Not sure I would call that "tricked out".

#4587 3 years ago

Not sure I would call that "tricked out".

You should see the pinsiders with pinstadiums on the interior of their cars and under cab lighting under their chassis.... tricked out!!

C2378D34-1844-4C35-AA94-02F854D58EB6 (resized).jpegC2378D34-1844-4C35-AA94-02F854D58EB6 (resized).jpeg
#4588 3 years ago

And 101!

#4589 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

And 101![quoted image]

MaveRICK!!!

#4590 3 years ago

So soon? haha
Actually, I can see that happening.

#4591 3 years ago

Here's the preview video for Batman and, well...

...they just come right out and give us a preview of Star Trek 25. That doesn't mean it's the very next release, but personally I hope it's either Maverick or Kiss. Just so all the whining will finally stop.

#4592 3 years ago

Glad to see more titles being released!

I see how all the people wanting Kiss seems like whining but it really shows there is a demand for this title and people ready to buy immediately when it’s done.

Patience is a tough thing for people in this hobby.

#4593 3 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

a preview of Star Trek 25. That doesn't mean it's the very next release

That's part of the Batman display graphics. I'm sure ST25 is coming, but this has not much to do with that.

#4594 3 years ago

DE Star Trek is likely the next H-LED display to be done would be my guess, but not the next based on the Ricky hint.

#4595 3 years ago

Even better - he's reddish purple here. It's MAUVE-rick!

#4596 3 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Even better - he's reddish purple here. It's MAUVE-rick!

Oh it's 100% Maverick! Boom!

#4597 3 years ago

The wait for the official Maverick announcement is killing me! Can't wait to see those beautiful colored dots!

#4598 3 years ago

The wait for the official Maverick announcement is killing me! Can't wait to see those beautiful colored dots!

Same, that’s one of only a small number of games I haven’t put a color DMD in.

#4599 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Same, that’s one of only a small number of games I haven’t put a color DMD in.

The Big Sega displays in color look amazing!

#4600 3 years ago

It's been 8 days since the MauveRick hint...can we get a reveal?! Lol

There are 5,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/color-dmd-hint/page/92 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.