CCC4C131-2F30-4BF2-9BEE-569B32098D9C (resized).jpeg
6B369A0B-83D4-465D-B1E9-45E9C42AC611 (resized).jpeg
09177252-89B6-4998-A1E8-979F6A9153C0 (resized).jpeg
20200426_124722 - Copy (resized).jpg
20200426_124802 - Copy (resized).jpg
20200426_131522 - Copy (resized).jpg
95CA7F01-71E2-414C-A673-62F4DA8FFBA7.jpeg
2B9DFEFF-CB61-4E50-894D-CBF498288786.jpeg
There are 5,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 103.
#4101 5 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

I was going to say $2mil, but clearly yours aren't collector quality calibre.
I'm out.

Oh but it's race ready, just throw on the race rubber, race exhaust and race gas and it's ready for the road course and it will hold it's own. And the paint job is PERFECT, not a flaw.

#4102 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh but it's race ready, just throw on the race rubber, race exhaust and race gas and it's ready for the road course and it will hold it's own. And the paint job is PERFECT, not a flaw.

So now I find out it's not even turnkey.... Yeesh.

#4104 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Game 89 is Break Shot.

And the LED display looks amazing in it.

#4105 5 years ago

Now I want a breakshot!

#4106 5 years ago

Man a new title just came out and it's just about crickets in here.

#4107 5 years ago

I just picked up a Met Pro Led with the metal, round speaker panel.
I have a Transformers LE with the wood, square speaker panel and it currently has a LCD color DMD installed.

I'm going to post the TFLE for sell/trade and I'm going to offer three options; with the color DMD, with Metallica's factory DMD or no DMD.

On ColorDMD's site, I see that I'll need their clear shield and mounting standoffs to install the color DMD into Metallica because of it's slanted, metal panel.
***So, do I need anything to mount the FACTORY DMD from the newer style Met. Pro into the older style TFLE?***

Thanks!

#4108 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Must not be a lot of Breakshot machine owners out there clamoring for color. I personally like the game and would love to have one. Congrats to those who do have one.

#4109 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Doesn't mean everyone who wants ColorDMD for their games even looks at this thread.

#4110 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Game 89 is Break Shot.

Great job love it.

#4111 5 years ago

Here's the Facebook announcement.

Screen Shot 2019-04-24 at 8.55.47 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-04-24 at 8.55.47 PM (resized).png

#4112 4 years ago

Do I need anything to mount the factory DMD from the newer style, round speaker hole Metallica Pro into the older style, square speaker hole Transformers LE?

#4113 4 years ago

WILLIAMS/BALLY/MIDWAY (3 games)
Hurricane; NBA Fastbreak; Party Zone

DATA EAST (2 games)
Lethal Weapon 3 ;Maverick

CAPCOM (1 game)
Airborne

Almost have these wrapped up.

#4114 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

DATA EAST (2 games)
CAPCOM (1 game)
Airborne
Almost have these wrapped up.

Don't forget Flipper Football:

DATA EAST (2 games)

CAPCOM (2 games)
Airborne, Flipper Football

#4115 4 years ago
Quoted from KYLEDM5:

Do I need anything to mount the factory DMD from the newer style, round speaker hole Metallica Pro into the older style, square speaker hole Transformers LE?

The issue you might have is that the Metallica DMD might be low-voltage LED, and the Transformers is wired for a high-voltage plasma. I think.

#4116 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The issue you might have is that the Metallica DMD might be low-voltage LED, and the Transformers is wired for a high-voltage plasma. I think.

Figures. It can never be easy.

#4117 4 years ago
Quoted from KYLEDM5:

Figures. It can never be easy.

You can make a low-voltage cable that plugs into the existing power supply in the backbox that will drive the low voltage display very easily. If you don't want to make one, Stern sells the cable. I converted a Family Guy pretty recently to run the low-power red LED display instead. Pretty easy - two wires and two connectors.

#4118 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Don't forget Flipper Football:
DATA EAST (2 games)
CAPCOM (2 games)
Airborne, Flipper Football

Yet, you don't have Kingpin listed for Capcom.

#4119 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Yet, you don't have Kingpin listed for Capcom.

Aren’t there only about 9 of those vs. 750 flipper football?
Same reason thunderbirds has not made the list. Failure to launch.

Wrath of Olympus was never on the list either. I believe that did end up getting colored by one of the few owners.

#4120 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Aren’t there only about 9

And yet they are 9 real games with a bland orange DMD. Circus Maximus is even in talks with ColorDMD to install displays and potentially colorize the Kingpin remake.

Put it in perspective, how many ColorDMD displays would one figure would sell for GI or even Flintstones? Very few.

So even if 2 out of 9 Kingpins get a ColorDMD, that is 22%. haha
I bet Kingpin does get colored.

2 weeks later
#4121 4 years ago

Any ideas or rumors when LW3 will get colored? Man... it would make it so much better

#4122 4 years ago

Thanks you color DMD

PIC_0601 (resized).JPGPIC_0601 (resized).JPG
#4123 4 years ago

new clue !! 2019-05-20 10_31_43-(4) Facebook - Internet Explorer (resized).png2019-05-20 10_31_43-(4) Facebook - Internet Explorer (resized).png

#4124 4 years ago

Groovy Baby.

Austin Powers!

groovy-baby (resized).jpggroovy-baby (resized).jpg
#4125 4 years ago

Oh please let this be true. Damn I also own breakshot.

#4126 4 years ago

I wanna rock and roll all night and party every day......

Although it's not on the pin, anything for my baby is a KISS song.

Clearly we're finally getting KISS!

#4127 4 years ago
Quoted from resipsa:

I wanna rock and roll all night and party every day......
Although it's not on the pin, anything for my baby is a KISS song.
Clearly we're finally getting KISS!

All I can say is I hope you are right!
KISS in color will be legendary.

#4128 4 years ago

It does sounds like AP though... Party On Wayne! and Groovy Baby does makes sense.

#4129 4 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

It does sounds like AP though... Party On Wayne! and Groovy Baby does makes sense.

yeah, I was just trying to jam that round peg in the square hole but looks like I may be waiting for the next one

#4130 4 years ago

austin powers says groovy baby . it’s austin. my pop just ordered one for his!

mjr

#4131 4 years ago

AP should look amazing in colour! Hugely underrated game once I have things sorted my end I would love to own another. Hell Stern just vault the damn thing!!

#4132 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

AP should look amazing in colour! Hugely underrated game once I have things sorted my end I would love to own another. Hell Stern just vault the damn thing!!

Given that it's on the lower end of resale value for a Stern (like 2k-ish) plus it needs a license renewal, I doubt they vault it.

That said, if the new Austin Powers really happens, maybe they'll reskin it...

#4133 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Given that it's on the lower end of resale value for a Stern (like 2k-ish) plus it needs a license renewal, I doubt they vault it.
That said, if the new Austin Powers really happens, maybe they'll reskin it...

When I was looking for one last year I would have loved to find one for 2k but they were much closer to 3k.

I dont think Stern could afford to vault this game it has so many mechs: spinning Austin Powers mech, mini me spinner mech, rotating time machine mech with magnet catch, fat bastard toilet, laser shooter with diverter magnet, rising dr evil bash toy. This game is packed with toys. With recent Stern's you get one or maybe two of those types of mechs in a game.

#4134 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

When I was looking for one last year I would have loved to find one for 2k but they were much closer to 3k.
I dont think Stern could afford to vault this game it has so many mechs: spinning Austin Powers mech, mini me spinner mech, rotating time machine mech with magnet catch, fat bastard toilet, laser shooter with diverter magnet, rising dr evil bash toy. This game is packed with toys. With recent Stern's you get one or maybe two of those types of mechs in a game.

The bigger problem is they were using off-the shelf Austin Powers action figures on the PF and they're not available anymore at wholesale prices in quantity. The laser shooter was reused in Walking Dead, so it's still around. Other stuff is not that complicated or expensive (there's not row after row of drop targets like WPT). The main problem is the market doesn't care about that machine because it sucks. They'd never get $6k, let alone $7500 for new ones.

I sold a fully functional, good looking AP I rehabbed here on Pinside less than two years ago for $2k flat, and it was a slow mover. They're around at that price.

#4135 4 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

KISS in color will be legendary.

I'm really hoping KISS is done before I sell my Pro. Would probably make me keep it!

#4136 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I'm really hoping KISS is done before I sell my Pro. Would probably make me keep it!

KISS is too good a game. Keep it. Change the songs and play it. So much fun.In color it will be awesome.

#4137 4 years ago

There are enough Austin Powers machines in this world.

#4138 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

There are enough Austin Powers machines in this world.

LOL

#4139 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The bigger problem is they were using off-the shelf Austin Powers action figures on the PF and they're not available anymore at wholesale prices in quantity. The laser shooter was reused in Walking Dead, so it's still around. Other stuff is not that complicated or expensive (there's not row after row of drop targets like WPT). The main problem is the market doesn't care about that machine because it sucks. They'd never get $6k, let alone $7500 for new ones.
I sold a fully functional, good looking AP I rehabbed here on Pinside less than two years ago for $2k flat, and it was a slow mover. They're around at that price.

AP is not close to 2k. It's a 3k plus game.

#4140 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

AP is not close to 2k. It's a 3k plus game.

Well, having SOLD ONE personally not that long ago right here on pinside (look it up) that did not move until it hit $2k, I would call that your opinion. And if I sold it at $2k, I got it for a lot less, so yeah, it's a $2k game.

Sure there are a lot of people trying to move it at $3k on pinside, but there's a lot of those with "not sold" and "decided to keep" unsuccessful sales at that price. Pinside recommends $2700, and that's even high.

#4141 4 years ago

Congrats ColorDMD for another colorful day.
https://mailchi.mp/b387f837cfff/game-90-is-groovy-baby?e=c9c02c6747&fbclid=IwAR1YTsqptT10v9hQ3gfOmG7cQ8RY0qlZtBQXU_kODqVvEXhy_cfLQLyuYlE
2019-05-24 09_14_01-ColorDMD Pinball Displays - Posts - Internet Explorer (resized).png2019-05-24 09_14_01-ColorDMD Pinball Displays - Posts - Internet Explorer (resized).png

#4143 4 years ago

already bought mine

#4144 4 years ago

what a great game to be coloured!!!!!

#4146 4 years ago

Anyone know how long until they release the firmware code for AP?

#4147 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Anyone know how long until they release the firmware code for AP?

Tomorrow, according to the email that went out to announce it. Even though the copypasta says "Lost in Space" in the email due to an error, the "on or before Friday, May 31!" should be accurate.

#4148 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Tomorrow, according to the email that went out to announce it. Even though the copypasta says "Lost in Space" in the email due to an error, the "on or before Friday, May 31!" should be accurate.

thank you

#4149 4 years ago

Keep calm...soonish...

#4150 4 years ago

New hint

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
There are 5,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/color-dmd-hint/page/83?hl=yaksplat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.