CCC4C131-2F30-4BF2-9BEE-569B32098D9C (resized).jpeg
6B369A0B-83D4-465D-B1E9-45E9C42AC611 (resized).jpeg
09177252-89B6-4998-A1E8-979F6A9153C0 (resized).jpeg
20200426_124722 - Copy (resized).jpg
20200426_124802 - Copy (resized).jpg
20200426_131522 - Copy (resized).jpg
95CA7F01-71E2-414C-A673-62F4DA8FFBA7.jpeg
2B9DFEFF-CB61-4E50-894D-CBF498288786.jpeg

There are 5,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 103.
#4051 4 years ago

Hasn't this already been established as Breakshot by the sign at the MGC show?

#4052 4 years ago

Please...can anyone confirm/ deny that Kiss is even on the radar? In truth, seems odd it hasn't been released yet. Demand is certainly there....guessing that the development guys don't have one to mess with?

#4053 4 years ago

Count me in as one kind request for Kiss...it will be bad ass!!! Hopeful one day soon it will finally happen.

#4054 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Hasn't this already been established as Breakshot by the sign at the MGC show?

Are you there? I am not. Pictire?

#4056 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Please...can anyone confirm/ deny that Kiss is even on the radar? In truth, seems odd it hasn't been released yet. Demand is certainly there....guessing that the development guys don't have one to mess with?

Does Kiss have a lot of tv or movie footage?

#4057 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Has a fair amount of concert footage.

#4058 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

It does have a fair share of concert type footage, in addition to standard animations/ cartoony stuff. Would look amazing, regardless....

#4059 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

ha...same wavelength!!!

#4060 4 years ago

Cool. Thanks for the proof.

#4061 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I wonder if that's causing any delays.

#4062 4 years ago

I would imagine it will take a little longer as if the actual concert footage cannot be found then some playing with the colors could take a while to get them close to what it could be....also there are some animations that look like crap....hard to tell what they are....blood, curtains??? So yeah there are some challenges to overcome. Also there are probably some animations not used but could be if a small tweak/minor update comes out one day so lots to colorize. I am confident that it will get done as they would sell a fair amount of them.

#4063 4 years ago

Give us some Rolling Stones!

Some great animations to work with.

#4064 4 years ago

I remember watching Stern’s video on the making of KISS. It seems the assets were completed digitally, then converted to dots from a 3-D computer image. I’m not sure there’s any “real” footage, no matter how life-like it appears.

#4065 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I remember watching Stern’s video on the making of KISS. It seems the assets were completed digitally, then converted to dots from a 3-D computer image. I’m not sure there’s any “real” footage, no matter how life-like it appears.

Not sure why theyd do this. Theres so much video footage to choose from. I do recognize some crowd footage from some home released DVDs though. No offense to WOF owners but why theyd waste their time coloring dots for that title is beyond me.

#4066 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Yea.." concert like" was my take...Along same lines as "movie" clips on some other titles

I've had a Sigma running red in my KissLE for awhile now...Looks great...Just hoping someone is giving it a shot....I remember early days, when Randy had conveyed they had major challenges to get TZ done, as everyone was very anxious.

#4067 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Yea.." concert like" was my take...Along same lines as "movie" clips on some other titles
I've had a Sigma running red in my KissLE for awhile now...Looks great...Just hoping someone is giving it a shot....I remember early days, when Randy had conveyed they had major challenges to get TZ done, as everyone was very anxious.

Wow. I did not see the point up changing your display since it was red from the factory.

Renew your excitement by changing it to yellow/gold-ish.

#4068 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Wow. I did not see the point up changing your display since it was red from the factory.

XL dots, title mode, 8-bit mode, HD mode....lots of reasons.

#4069 4 years ago

Oh trust me....I've been changing it up since installation...the yellowish looked cool, as well as purple...ended up back to red for now, as the whole machine glows of it.......anxious to see many colors eventually.....

#4070 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Oh yea...that too..I'm a HIRES guy and it still smokes the original screen (along with the hope...... )

#4071 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I'm all about the other modes. It was a stab at the red since the game shipped with red and I just do not think the red works well with that backglass art.

#4072 4 years ago

I'm all about the other modes. It was a stab at the red since the game shipped with red and I just do not think the red works well with that backglass art.

you have inspired me to move it back to the yellow/ gold and put some games on it.....just a few button pushes, and the game is actually quite fun to play w new code...

#4073 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

you have inspired me to move it back to the yellow/ gold and put some games on it.....just a few button pushes, and the game is actually quite fun to play w new code...

So the cities do more now than just have different call outs?

#4074 4 years ago

Yep...They can now be stacked....Here's a yellow orange that matches bolts on speaker panel...Shall play like this for a bit...Looks cool

IMG_20190414_194311882 (resized).jpgIMG_20190414_194311882 (resized).jpgIMG_20190414_194317834 (resized).jpgIMG_20190414_194317834 (resized).jpg
#4075 4 years ago

Mustang please. But I do like it in blue. Just installed color DMD yesterday.

3829AC67-15D5-46D8-BAE4-053F187755B9 (resized).jpeg3829AC67-15D5-46D8-BAE4-053F187755B9 (resized).jpeg
#4076 4 years ago

15 cities combos though..haven't made it through all of them to realize award points beyond multipliers.....several ways to play the game now....

COLOR.....Randy, please!!!!

#4077 4 years ago
Quoted from thepinballworks:

[quoted image]

did that w my Tron until they colorized that one....looks great!!

#4078 4 years ago
Quoted from thepinballworks:

[quoted image]

If ColorDMD's were created based on quality of dots (as well as gameplay), Mustang would have been done LONG AGO!

I got tired of seeing countless lesser quality games getting new ColorDMD's year after year and ended up selling my Mustang.

Good luck!

SIGH

#4079 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

If ColorDMD's were created based on quality of dots (as well as gameplay), Mustang would have been done LONG AGO!
I got tired of seeing countless lesser quality games getting new ColorDMD's year after year and ended up selling my Mustang.
Good luck!
SIGH

Similar situation with ST LE - sold it well before they released the color rom, which was a shame. But to balance my point; that was still eventually released much sooner than Stern released their recent ST 'update'.

#4080 4 years ago

Good luck!
SIGH

There is a community of designers that contribute to ColorDMD, and they pick the titles they want to do.

It's not based on sales of the pin, perceived quality of the dots, or your 10 ten list.

#4081 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

There is a community of designers that contribute to ColorDMD, and they pick the titles they want to do.
It's not based on sales of the pin, perceived quality of the dots, or your 10 ten list.

My understanding, as well....

#4082 4 years ago

Just remember it took Dave 2 years to finish GoT. Kiss, I cannot imagine the difficulty that one will be.

#4083 4 years ago

Random things ..

Kiss does have some real video footage in it.

Dave Timmer is awesome and does great work.

Mustang has a few sequences that are a lot harder to do than you would expect.

I'm going to do another game that will disappoint people. Deal with it.

#4084 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Random things ..

Well whatever you do I for one appreciate what you do.

#4085 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Too funny!!! Appreciate your work, period...!!

#4086 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Understood, and Mustang certainly wouldn't qualify as anything close to a big seller going by the number of Pinside owners.

I appreciate the efforts of ColorDMD designers on other games; all of my other DMD games are better for them! Just lamenting the artistic opportunity unfulfilled yet on Mustang.

#4087 4 years ago

I for one appreciate the the people and the work done for colorizing the games. They get done when they get done. Happy with each release. I will not complain. Keep em’ coming!

#4088 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Random things ..

Awesome- That usually plays into my wheelhouse!

#4089 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Awesome- That usually plays into my wheelhouse!

Not in this case. I don't know if I'm going to do anymore early WMS games. They're a pain for technical reasons. That, and every time Randy posts anything on facebook Drew Williams posts "PARTY ZONE!" "HURRICANE!" on it in the comments and just pushes me further away from even thinking about it.

#4090 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Not in this case. I don't know if I'm going to do anymore early WMS games. They're a pain for technical reasons. That, and every time Randy posts anything on facebook Drew Williams posts "PARTY ZONE!" "HURRICANE!" on it in the comments and just pushes me further away from even thinking about it.

That's Official...I will get Drew off of Facebook.

#4091 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Random things ..

Haha, I'm only awesome because I know Eric and his amazing coloring.

And like Eric, I'm doing games that aren't so popular.

#4092 4 years ago

Understood, and Mustang certainly wouldn't qualify as anything close to a big seller going by the number of Pinside owners.
I appreciate the efforts of ColorDMD designers on other games; all of my other DMD games are better for them! Just lamenting the artistic opportunity unfulfilled yet on Mustang.

Yeah that's for sure but just know this. Me selling my Mustang Pro would be like me selling my 1970 Mustang car which ordered in Dec. of 69. It just AINT gonna happen! I'll die with BOTH of them.

#4093 4 years ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

Haha, I'm only awesome because I know Eric and his amazing coloring.
And like Eric, I'm doing games that aren't so popular.

Again, I just appreciate the teams efforts in making pinball better for all w an amazing promise...I will limit my silly guesses, as that's all they really are...thanks again!!!

#4094 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I colored Elvis and I had to search the dark web to find that matching concert footage from which the dots were created....

The end result was fantastic (Thank Randy for that!)

I was super glad Stern had published below when game was released:

Soundtrack includes Elvis singing "See See Rider", "Blue Suede Shoes", All Shook Up", "Hound Dog", "Jailhouse Rock", "Heartbreak Hotel", and "Burning Love." Actual recordings are used from the famed "68 Comeback" television special, as well as the "Aloha from Hawaii" television special.

#4095 4 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

I colored Elvis and I had to search the dark web to find that matching concert footage from which the dots were created....
The end result was fantastic (Thank Randy for that!)
I was super glad Stern had published below when game was released:
Soundtrack includes Elvis singing "See See Rider", "Blue Suede Shoes", All Shook Up", "Hound Dog", "Jailhouse Rock", "Heartbreak Hotel", and "Burning Love." Actual recordings are used from the famed "68 Comeback" television special, as well as the "Aloha from Hawaii" television special.

Wow...Amazing work!!!

#4096 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yeah that's for sure but just know this. Me selling my Mustang Pro would be like me selling my 1970 Mustang car which ordered in Dec. of 69. It just AINT gonna happen! I'll die with BOTH of them.

Paul... so really, how much you want for the both of them?

#4097 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Paul... so really, how much you want for the both of them?

$1,000,000.00 !!!

#4098 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

$1,000,000.00 !!!

Dang. My limit would definitely be in the $800k range. Oh well, I’ll keep looking.

#4099 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Dang. My limit would definitely be in the $800k range. Oh well, I’ll keep looking.

Yup just a little short.

#4100 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yup just a little short.

I was going to say $2mil, but clearly yours aren't collector quality calibre.

I'm out.

There are 5,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/color-dmd-hint/page/82?hl=monkeyboypaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.