CCC4C131-2F30-4BF2-9BEE-569B32098D9C (resized).jpeg
6B369A0B-83D4-465D-B1E9-45E9C42AC611 (resized).jpeg
09177252-89B6-4998-A1E8-979F6A9153C0 (resized).jpeg
20200426_124722 - Copy (resized).jpg
20200426_124802 - Copy (resized).jpg
20200426_131522 - Copy (resized).jpg
95CA7F01-71E2-414C-A673-62F4DA8FFBA7.jpeg
2B9DFEFF-CB61-4E50-894D-CBF498288786.jpeg
There are 5,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 103.
#3951 5 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

YEAH!!! BBB! Now the 8 people that have one can enjoy a color DMD! Sounds like a sound business decision!

Don't matter if only 50 people buy it. Or even 10. It's a break through into the Capcon realm and one more game done.

#3952 5 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

YEAH!!! BBB! Now the 8 people that have one can enjoy a color DMD! Sounds like a sound business decision!

Says the person who wants LW3 colorized.....

#3953 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

There's 200 BBB's, and due to the high value, I would expect the ratio of game owners willing to pop for a color display to be quite high.
But hey, keep crappin' on stuff, big guy.

E-Man, I personally want to Thank You for all you have done for Colordmd.
Your work is amazing!

#3954 5 years ago

Just ordered one for my PM

#3955 5 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

It's not always about business ya know.

#3956 5 years ago
Quoted from guss:

Just ordered one for my PM

Love the optimism!

#3957 5 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

I think most of the people doing the colorization work are not doing it for money. They have a game they love and want a colorized version of it so they sign up to do the work.

Sure they get paid a little by colordmd to do the colorization work but the amount they get is pretty small compared to the level of effort it takes.

I did Lost in Space because I like the game and I was pretty sure no one else was gonna do it. I might be only one who uses it but it was a fun learning experience.

#3958 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I think most of the people doing the colorization work are not doing it for money. They have a game they love and want a colorized version of it so they sign up to do the work.

That's been stated many times.

2 weeks later
#3959 5 years ago

2019-03-08 04_54_42-ColorDMD Pinball Displays - Posts - Internet Explorer (resized).png2019-03-08 04_54_42-ColorDMD Pinball Displays - Posts - Internet Explorer (resized).png

#3961 5 years ago

Still waiting for Party Zone!

#3962 5 years ago

Give Playboy some love !!!
Ready to order

#3963 5 years ago

aston papyrus? Austin Powers? Its been a long wait. I sure hope so!

#3964 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

aston papyrus? Austin Powers? Its been a long wait. I sure hope so!

aston magna carta

aston martin, magnets/magna save, hence my guess

#3965 5 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

sega goldeneye 007...

I’d buy my first colourdmd if your right!

#3966 5 years ago

aston magna carta
aston martin, magnets/magna save, hence my guess

I snagged that pic off of here and zoomed in in photoshop but could not tell what was on the paper. Your guess is great but how can you tell its a page from the magna carta?

#3967 5 years ago

Stargate!

#3968 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I snagged that pic off of here and zoomed in in photoshop but could not tell what was on the paper. Your guess is great but how can you tell its a page from the magna carta?

google magna carta and it's literally the first image that comes up, just scrunched up a little from adjusting the size.

#3969 5 years ago

my second guess actually..."first of its kind" = Gottlieb

not sure of the make of the actual car, however. it's not an Aston Martin.

#3970 5 years ago

google magna carta and it's literally the first image that comes up, just scrunched up a little from adjusting the size.

Well done. I guess my wait continues.

#3971 5 years ago

This is seismic data for the oil and gas industry that is gathered from seismic recording equipment like what I work on at my company. 2019-03-08 16_42_00- (resized).png2019-03-08 16_42_00- (resized).png

2019-03-08 16_41_05-Color DMD Hints _ Announcements _ Pinside.com - Internet Explorer (resized).png2019-03-08 16_41_05-Color DMD Hints _ Announcements _ Pinside.com - Internet Explorer (resized).png

#3972 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

This is seismic data for the oil and gas industry that is gathered from seismic recording equipment like what I work on at my company. [quoted image]
[quoted image]

really, it just looks like an old face cloth that i keep by the side of my bed for cleanup...

#3973 5 years ago

This is seismic data for the oil and gas industry that is gathered from seismic recording equipment like what I work on at my company. [quoted image]
[quoted image]

buying gas puts a Big Hurt on people...

#3974 5 years ago

Data East was started in 1986.

Data East had the first DMD with Checkpoint.

Checkpoint has a half-height DMD, which hasn’t been done before. “First of its kind” for both the industry, and ColorDMD.

Checkpoint, confirmed.

#3975 5 years ago

“First of its kind” sounds like a bad WoF category

#3976 5 years ago

Well...can't make KISS a valid contender for this clue.....congrats to whoever owns this title, and I'll wait patiently....

#3977 5 years ago

Can't believe no one understood the hint. Matra magna is the boss in pinball magic, magna carta. Pinball magic is the first Capcom, first of it's kind.

That's my guess at least. They already have the ability to do screens for Capcom games.

#3978 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

Can't believe no one understood the hint. Matra magna is the boss in pinball magic, magna carta. Pinball magic is the first Capcom, first of it's kind.
That's my guess at least. They already have the ability to do screens for Capcom games.

Big Bang Bar was already the first Capcom to get colored a couple weeks ago so out goes that theory.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-releases-game-85-big-bang-bar-video-preview

#3979 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Big Bang Bar was the first Capcom to get colored so out goes that theory.

I think he's saying first Capcom machine made.

#3980 5 years ago
Quoted from guss:

I think he's saying first Capcom machine made.

Oh. I get it now. Sorry

#3981 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Well...can't make KISS a valid contender for this clue.....congrats to whoever owns this title, and I'll wait patiently....

Or CAN you? Eric CARR was a great drummer for KISS. The Magna Carta was drafted to make peace with rebel barons. KISS are rebels with bare arms. I think you see where this is going, and it's looking good for KISS!

#3982 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Or CAN you? Eric CARR was a great drummer for KISS. The Magna Carta was drafted to make peace with rebel barons. KISS are rebels with bare arms. I think you see where this is going, and it's looking good for KISS!

Man, I like how you think....KISS it is!!!

#3985 5 years ago

First of it's kind, car from the EM era

They are making dmd with brand new animations for EMs.

Yesssssss

#3986 5 years ago

Says the person who wants LW3 colorized.....

LOL, Hell yes..how many of those do you think were sold compared to BBB? Geee that's a mystery.

I also wanted my JP colorized and that turned out awesome.

#3987 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

Congrats - you are correct.....a stretch of course, but you nailed it....the missing piece to the puzzle is the car...that's an automobile known as a Matra Djet....so Matra and magna.....Pinball Magic it is.....

#3988 5 years ago

So if it's not KISS, is someone willing to give up info that someone might be working on it? I won't tell...

#3989 5 years ago

Its Pinball Magic they just announced it

2 weeks later
#3992 5 years ago

took a few weeks off from pinside expecting to see a new release, instead it's quiet in here...

#3993 5 years ago

It's Stern NBA. Congrats to the owners!!!

#3994 5 years ago

2019-03-28 12_02_55-ColorDMD Pinball Displays - Posts - Internet Explorer (resized).png2019-03-28 12_02_55-ColorDMD Pinball Displays - Posts - Internet Explorer (resized).png

#3995 5 years ago

Beer before liquor???
No way, It's their first Gottlieb. Big Hurt!!!

#3996 5 years ago

The champagne makes me think of Playboy or Party Zone.
Does anyone recognize the viking helmet logo?

#3997 5 years ago

This just in: Skøll is a brand of French beer. So the "beer before liquor" makes sense now.

2cii6a (resized).jpg2cii6a (resized).jpg

Longshot: Maybe "Tuborg" could reference John Borg? I count seven Borg titles yet to be colorized.

#3998 5 years ago

Borg's first game was in 87 so that makes sense. I'm personally hoping for Austin Powers sometime soon as I need a new dmd anyway.

#3999 5 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

hoping for Austin Powers sometime soon as I need a new dmd anyway.

Buy one, you can use it in single color mode until it gets the full treatment.

#4000 5 years ago
Quoted from Beebl:

Buy one, you can use it in single color mode until it gets the full treatment.

It still works well enough for now, just a little faded.

Edit: should have said want instead of need in my above post.

There are 5,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/color-dmd-hint/page/80?hl=guss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.