Topic Stats

• 4,394 posts
  • 410 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by JustEverett
  • Topic is favorited by 92 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 482 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20200113-064944_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
color-dmd-hint (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2020-01-11 at 7.29.13 PM (resized).png
0D57BA5E-28A1-42D4-8C78-C7365E264654 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20191220-023114_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
gottlieb short bus (resized).jpg
p (resized).jpg
2019-08-13 19_59_21-ColorDMD Pinball Displays - Home - Internet Explorer (resized).png
Hurricane (resized).png
284F9932-0003-4818-8C75-8FC6FAF19B24.jpeg
Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 1.06.18 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-07-08 at 7.31.22 AM (resized).png
c-DMD_093  CSI- .jpg
Screenshot_20190701-055134_Facebook (resized).jpg
LAH ColorDMD (resized).jpg
20190620_192523 (resized).jpg

There are 4394 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 88.
#351 3 years ago

Arnold was in Twins too

#352 3 years ago

Fook Mi and Fook Yu, the Asian twins from Austin Powers?

#354 3 years ago

I doubt someone would have had enough time to color SMVE at this point. Unless they had access before it shipped

#355 3 years ago

I wonder if twin peaks refers to the Enterprise engines.

#356 3 years ago

I hear ColorDMD is colorizing Family Guy (optimistic head). ColorDMD is never going to colorize Family Guy (pessimistic head).

image_(resized).jpeg

#357 3 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

I wonder if twin peaks refers to the Enterprise engines.

quite a stretch, I wish but doubt it.

#358 3 years ago

Another clue
Twinball_(resized).png

#359 3 years ago

I doubt it's ST. They'll possibly wait for the fabled "further update" of Star Trek's code, probably around or shortly after the 3rd reboot movie, before releasing the colordmd rom. Just speculating, obviously.

#360 3 years ago

Maybe its a duo Family Guy + Shrek?

#361 3 years ago

Hmmm...
This new clue doesn't seem to add any new information (except to rule out Mario Brothers).

I thought it might be Big Hurt, but Frank Thomas played for the White Sox, not the Minnesota Twins.
Family Guy and Shrek seems like a logical answer (except they've never released to at once before).
Maybe it's Jackbot - the playfield "twin" of Pinbot?

#362 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Arnold was in Twins too

Could be T2 and T3...

#363 3 years ago

Is there a game mark and steve Ritchie both worked on?

#364 3 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Is there a game mark and steve Ritchie both worked on?

Are they twins? Or just brothers?

#365 3 years ago

Just brothers, but so are Mario and luigi, right?

#366 3 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Just brothers, but so are Mario and luigi, right?

"Created by prominent game designer Shigeru Miyamoto, Luigi is portrayed as the slightly younger but taller fraternal twin brother of Nintendo's mascot Mario, and appears in many games throughout the Mario franchise, often as a sidekick to his brother."

Not sure how you can be "younger" AND a "twin brother" -- thanks wikipedia.

#367 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

"Created by prominent game designer Shigeru Miyamoto, Luigi is portrayed as the slightly younger but taller fraternal twin brother of Nintendo's mascot Mario, and appears in many games throughout the Mario franchise, often as a sidekick to his brother."

Younger by seconds is still younger.

#368 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Quoted from maffewl:

Younger by seconds is still younger.

Usually twins don't come out simultaneously. Kind of a bottle neck situation, if you think about it.

#369 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Usually twins don't come out simultaneously. Kind of a bottle neck situation, if you think about it.

I am not sure if I want to meet the woman able to birth them both at the exact same time...

#370 3 years ago

Original SM. Black and red SM are both twins of each extreme, going against each other like Mario and Luigi.

#371 3 years ago

I think they've stumped us - Hopefully we'll have an answer tomorrow.
I have a feeling we're all overthinking this and it's Barb Wire after all.

#372 3 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Original SM. Black and red SM are both twins of each extreme, going against each other like Mario and Luigi.

Sounds like a very reasonable guess to me! SM it is.

#373 3 years ago

SPIDERMAN IT IS!!!!

#375 3 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

SPIDERMAN IT IS!!!!

Damn....have to buy another one....appears this one has newer engine? wonder if this should have been used in TRON, as I had an older Sigma in mine? Does anyone know if IM is the new version, as well?

#376 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Damn....have to buy another one....appears this one has newer engine? wonder if this should have been used in TRON, as I had an older Sigma in mine? Does anyone know if IM is the new version, as well?

The only difference in the display board currently, is the amount of storage. SM is just bigger, data-wise. Nothing else "new" there.

#377 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Newer engine?

#378 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

No no. you just need to update your flash memory

Quoted from Dmod:

Due to the extensive video sequences, Spider-Man requires an updated Rev 1.3B ColorDMD controller board. The Rev 1.3B board has been shipped with new displays produced during 2016, and contains a 64Mbit flash memory versus the 32Mbit memory used on previous boards. Unfortunately, earlier ColorDMD controllers fitted with the smaller memory will not work with the Spider-Man color ROM.

#379 3 years ago

It is stated in the Spiderman ColorDMD release thread.

Quoted from Dmod:

If you have someone locally who can replace a surface mount IC, it's an easy replacement and will be more cost effective than replacing a controller board. The IC that needs to be replaced is U3 near the AUX connector. The new part number is
Cypress S25FL164K0XMFI011
These parts are available from sources like Digi-Key (http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/cypress-semiconductor-corp/S25FL164K0XMFI011/1274-1097-ND/4457674)
Rob Anthony (Borygard) has indicated he is able to provide this service to customers who need to upgrade a board. Please contact him for pricing.

#380 3 years ago

Sweet! The news didn't even hit Facebook yet. The images look awesome. Congrats, Spider-Man owners!

#381 3 years ago

Now the twin hint makes sense. #40 Spiderman and #41 Spiderman VE in one day. Very cool.

#382 3 years ago

Holy Crap!! SMVE also released. Wow!! These games are getting pounded out this year.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-game-41-along-came-another-spider

#383 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Holy Crap!! SMVE also released. Wow!! These games are getting pounded out this year.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-game-41-along-came-another-spider

Jasonbomb+rolled+a+random+image+posted+in+comment+3+at+_4a80881e72147c25bd762ad362c17b8c_(resized).jpg

#384 3 years ago

Imagine how upset or disappointed original SM owners would have been if the SMVE color was announced first.

#385 3 years ago

No no. you just need to update your flash memory

Was this done when I downloaded TRON in color, or another update?

#386 3 years ago

Twin Peaks?

I must have missed that Spiderman movie where Spiderman goes drag...

#387 3 years ago

Phew, get to save my pennies for another day! I think I'd actually prefer it now if they never release RBION

#388 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Larger flash memory required for SM, as mentioned by Randy throughout the SM color ROM release thread. Though, look at the date code on the ColorDMD board to see if it was built in 2016. If so, you should be good.

Quoted from Dmod:

Due to the extensive video sequences, Spider-Man requires an updated Rev 1.3B ColorDMD controller board. The Rev 1.3B board has been shipped with new displays produced during 2016, and contains a 64Mbit flash memory versus the 32Mbit memory used on previous boards. Unfortunately, earlier ColorDMD controllers fitted with the smaller memory will not work with the Spider-Man color ROM.

Quoted from Dmod:

If you have someone locally who can replace a surface mount IC, it's an easy replacement and will be more cost effective than replacing a controller board. The IC that needs to be replaced is U3 near the AUX connector. The new part number is
Cypress S25FL164K0XMFI011
These parts are available from sources like Digi-Key (http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/cypress-semiconductor-corp/S25FL164K0XMFI011/1274-1097-ND/4457674)
Rob Anthony (Borygard) has indicated he is able to provide this service to customers who need to upgrade a board. Please contact him for pricing.

#389 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Look at your board for the date code to see if the physical flash memory part needs to be replaced on your board.

#390 3 years ago

Look at your board for the date code to see if the physical flash memory part needs to be replaced on your board.

Or the "Rev 1.3B" stamped on it.

#391 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Or the "Rev 1.3B" stamped on it.

That will be easier to look for. Thanks!

#392 3 years ago
Quoted from bigbadmiker:

Twin Peaks?
I must have missed that Spiderman movie where Spiderman goes drag...

Well if you saw Spider-Man 3 with the Saturday Night Fever sequence, it was definitely trending that way for a while.

2 weeks later
#393 3 years ago

Clue for the next game. I was wondering just today when the next one would be.game_42_(resized).png

#394 3 years ago

Time for another new release! Here's the first clue:

Ideas:

- It's ColorDMD's 42nd release, so there's that.
- 42 refers to Jackie Robinson, so maybe Batman Forever (Robin/Robinson?)
- Maybe Last Action Hero (Jackie/Jack Slater)?
- I think Big Hurt is the only baseball-related pin in need of a ColorDMD
- 42 is "24" backwards.

Any other ideas?

Screen_Shot_2016-06-27_at_6.13.03_PM_(resized).png

#395 3 years ago

harrison ford was in 42, star wars or indy?

#396 3 years ago

24 had Jack Bauer

Or IJ

#397 3 years ago

42 is Fox Mulder's apartment number on The X-Files.

#398 3 years ago

A true American Legend
I Am Legend
Will Smith
Independence Day!

#399 3 years ago

42 -- a Warner Brothers movie.
Warner Bros. cartoons.
Space Jam.

#400 3 years ago

It will be Color DMD title #42. So that might be all they mean? Waiting for next clue!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 4394 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 88.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside